[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Man, you guys are thick
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9
File: SaintRey.jpg (23 KB, 291x300) Image search: [Google]
SaintRey.jpg
23 KB, 291x300
It's the much more effective insult to JJ and Kennedy to call her a saint than to call her a Mary Sue. Mary Sue is just name calling, and it's not original to 4chan. You're just parroting.

Developing the theory that she is in fact, as portrayed, going to be revealed as the first Saint of the Force is the equivalent of calling her a sexless, kissless, peevish, holier-than-thou caricature of Luke Skywalker, not his fucking heir.

Get with the program guys - I gave you this idea so that 4chan could claim it as its own.
>>
File: hayley atwell.jpg (40 KB, 594x395) Image search: [Google]
hayley atwell.jpg
40 KB, 594x395
I'm not thick. Pic related is thick.
>>
So try this again, this time with intent:

It's not "Mary Sue" or not Mary Sue. It's about violating the fucking rules established for the Star Wars universe.

>No training
This is unprecedented. Therefore, a violation. Luke does not perform a Jedi mind trick until his third picture. Anakin is trained from childhood before ever picking up a lightsaber. Etc. What's wrong, why people are upset, has nothing to do with "muh feminism." That's bait. Rule violation is the issue.

>She's perfect

Again: rule violation. Star Wars' whole fucking bread and butter is conflicted individuals. "You wouldn't if she were played as a man" blah blah bullshit. Yes we would. Because it's breaking the law.

Here's thee thing: Rey is not "the new Luke." She's a new thing to SW altogether: she is a Saint of the Church of the Force.

The OT was a tale of the trinity: Father, Son, Holy Force. The battle of who would be the true messiah, the father or the son, powered the entire OT. Resolving with a united trinity: Redeemed father, messiah son, Holy Force over-arching all.

You don't re-make a universe in which the messiah is already come. You populate such a universe with a church, and the new church with priests and saints. Everyone swallowed Max Von Sydow as church priest without batting an eyelash. How can those same fans miss so obviously that Rey is Agnes of the Force?

>Patron Saint of young girls
>Patron Saint of rape survivors
>Patron Saint of chastity
>Patron Saint of the Children of Mary (i.e. Children of Schmi Skywalker)

Go back and look how many times they gave her a halo. Pic related.
>>
This will go on forever, shes a mary sue m8
>>
>>64227778
Well, at least post one that shows it.
>>
File: yyg.jpg (86 KB, 540x631) Image search: [Google]
yyg.jpg
86 KB, 540x631
daisey thread yay
>>
>>64227816
Lazy, unoriginal thinking. And its played out. If you really want to get people talking about why Rey is fanfic tier, you need new material.

And a supportable theory to go with it. You are no Max whatshisname.
>>
>>64227886
Shitty post, I give it a quarter portion
>>
File: Mary Sue.png (52 KB, 834x505) Image search: [Google]
Mary Sue.png
52 KB, 834x505
>>64227727
>>
>>64227951
tell that tae corn on the cob
>>
She is a sith. But forgot. Disney is lazy and will copay kotors plot. You will see.
>>
>>64228782
I know. In the world's archive of narrative archetypes, what is the name given to one who performs miracles in the service of a higher power, and who is found to be faultless in conduct?

Isn't that what you call "a saint?"
>>
>>64228943
The question I have for that theory is:

How do you get from taking her name from a random pilot's helmet (the one she eats dinner in), which has RAEH on the side clearly visible in Aurebesh, to "Revan?"

Also, don't saints struggle against evil?
>>
And completely off topic, but hey, it's my thread, I would like to mention, that because he was also a television and video star, that the death of Lemmy, and the big happening thread over at /mu/ in which they are debating whether they killed him with meme energy are the saddest things to happen in entertainment since we lost Rush to retirement earlier this year.

Just one fucking tragedy after another. Now there is no band who wants to be the one who, when they move in next door, all your grass dies.

Bye, Lemmy.
>>
File: tfw Daisy outlifts you.webm (1 MB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
tfw Daisy outlifts you.webm
1 MB, 720x720
she is a big girl
>>
File: Grill.jpg (23 KB, 565x236) Image search: [Google]
Grill.jpg
23 KB, 565x236
>>64229306
Force you.
>>
>>64229370
>daisy will never force you down on the ground and sit on your face
>>
>>64227727
Only by understanding that she is Mary Sue, you can understand the path of her character. Mary Sue characters with no weaknesses all have the same flaw - moral. Superman's flaw is not crypton, its about doing the right thing. And with all his powers, he does them to the bad extreme.

Rey Skywalker was build up as Mary Sue only because she is going to fall and become the enemy. It is the same reason why one of the enemies are build weak and comical. The true Joda of this trilogy is Finn.

Finn is the hero that saves Rey from her family's destiny. White intepented woman can only save themselves from their family's dark history by taking the BBC.
>>
File: 14513380441140.jpg (98 KB, 351x500) Image search: [Google]
14513380441140.jpg
98 KB, 351x500
>>64229370
>>
>>64229611
Sounds like the temptation of a saint by evil. The forehead kiss was also not a token of affection, it was a force blessing. That will explain how FN lives.

There will be no romance, blacked, or otherwise. Saints are chaste. So are Jedi.
>>
File: Grill.jpg (71 KB, 800x447) Image search: [Google]
Grill.jpg
71 KB, 800x447
>>64229632
>mfw
>>
>>64229756
>The forehead kiss was also not a token of affection, it was a force blessing.

No, it was a goodbye. A farewell. Symbolism of longing in stories.

The point you're supposed to take from this, is that Rey is going far far away from Finn. TFA was the first movie of the trilogy. Why do you think they decided to rush them to be best friends at the end of it? The rest of the trilogy doesn't have time for it.
>>
This trilogy is telling young girls to cure their families dark past by taking the bbc.
>>
File: PapalBlessing.jpg (13 KB, 236x314) Image search: [Google]
PapalBlessing.jpg
13 KB, 236x314
>>64229976
Why do you keep insisting on posting this maymay about a nonexistent event?

Saint Rey will never be taking any c of any color.

>>64229927
pic related
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.