[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
'AN SOLO YER A DED MAN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 11
'AN SOLO

YER A DED MAN
>>
>>64227579

TELL
>>
TELL
>>
THAT
>>
File: 45364.jpg (44 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
45364.jpg
44 KB, 396x385
>People cry a river when cgi bullshit is used in prequels
>Force has an extended pointless scene in which the main characters run away from some cgi blob of nothing
>Its okay when J.J does it!
>>
I don't get this forced meme
>>
>>64227686
tell that to kanjiklub
>>
TAE
>>
canned jerk club
>>
>>64227686
You should go outside for once and watch the new star wars
>>
>>64227579
Best character in the whole movie. Not even kidding.
>>
Who the fuck were ganja club?
>>
>>64227646
>single scene vs the whole fucking movie
>demonstrates the shady business han is involved with well
>involves characters you can care about
>has a real sense of danger, in the prequel they would just do flawless super-acrobatics to defeat the monsters
>has humour
>>
>>64227821
>real sense of danger

Yeah. Solo, Rey, Finn and Chewie all had that plot armor removed a quarter into the move and were sure in danger of dying.
>>
>>64227961
>main characters in danger doesn't count

okay then
>>
I WANT MY BABY BACK BABY BACK BABY BACK BABY BACK.......RIBS......
>>
File: 1421956757696.jpg (254 KB, 1298x1316) Image search: [Google]
1421956757696.jpg
254 KB, 1298x1316
>>64227646
This so fucking much

TFA is literally a Marvel movie with the name Star Wars on it

Kylo ren has a fucking comic relief scene for Christ's sake
>>
>>64227801

Tell that to Kanjiklub.
>>
>>64227990

>in danger

lyl
>>
>>64227646
>extended pointless scene

Is the Greedo scene pointless? Is the Rancor beast scene? Is the Asteroid cave? Is the trash compactor?
>>
Thank god there were subtitles on screen otherwise I wouldn't understand a word
>>
>include martial artists from The Raid
>have them stand there and do nothing cool
>>
>>64228034
It's shit because Abrams can't go 5 minutes without OMG SUPER FAST EXCITING ACTION
>>
>>64228073
yeah, tfa needs more scenes of boring people talking about boring shit like the prequels
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 600x450
/banjiclub/
>>
File: Maz_Kanata_VD.jpg (117 KB, 416x474) Image search: [Google]
Maz_Kanata_VD.jpg
117 KB, 416x474
YOUSE DA LIGHT SAYBA, BWOY!
>>
>>64228073
TELL
>>
>>64228073
>Abrams can't go 5 minutes without OMG SUPER FAST EXCITING ACTION

Just like 1977.
>>
File: Traitor.jpg (71 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
Traitor.jpg
71 KB, 500x484
>>64227801

>Implying based nunchaku trooper didn't steal the whole fucking show
>>
>>64228220

Tell that to Kanjiklub.
>>
>>64228158
I LIKE THAT WOOKIE
>>
This was the most original scene from TFA.
Let that sink in.
>>
>>64228300
>>
Who /kanjiclub/ here?
>>
File: hahahadontmakemehurtyou.gif (509 KB, 172x129) Image search: [Google]
hahahadontmakemehurtyou.gif
509 KB, 172x129
>>64228300

see >>64228034

The most original scenes are:
- The TIE fighter escape
- The Star Destroyer scavenging
- The X-Wings vs Stormtroopers scene on Takodana
- The Riot Trooper vs Finn fight
- The Kylo Ren tantrums
>>
>>64228464
>>64228438

Homermind
>>
>>64228464
Hello, JJ.
>>
>>64228464
>- The Riot Trooper vs Finn fight
I'd add all the Finn saber fights, they were great
>>
>>64228450

/kanjiklub/ reporting in familay
>>
>>64228179
THAT
>>
>>64228220
if Luke is the last Jedi, and Kylo is on your side.... why are Stormtroopers armed with weapons designed to block lightsabers?
Did TR-8R just get lucky and pick the right weapon for his utility belt that day?
>>
>>64228502

Excellent retort. Feel free to compare and contrast any of those scenes with ones from the original trilogy, I got all day. I was really disappointed the first time I watched it how much of a rehash it was, but going in knowing that the second time I was really able to appreciate those scenes. Probably helps that I saw it at the cinema twice, instead of a cam on my laptop.
>>
>>64228605
>weapons designed to block lightsabers

It's obviously designed to block a lot of other shit, it's a riot baton with a force field, it's just conveniently able to deflect sabers.
>>
>>64228605
The First Order still fears Luke a lot though.
Why else go through all the trouble to find that map?
>>
>>64227961
>implying all of those characters survive
>>
>>64228611
Fine, I'll retort like an adult.

I'd say the scavenging scene was really well shot and the music was perfect. Everything else was bland and by the books. The Kylo scenes are great if you enjoy his character, but I'm firmly in the camp that Kylo was a miscast, the script was trash, and he performed them in the most cringe worthy way possible.
>>
>>64228144
Who are these suckable succubi?
>>
>>64228574
TO
>>
>>64228744
KANJICLÖB
>>
File: images (48).jpg (21 KB, 486x303) Image search: [Google]
images (48).jpg
21 KB, 486x303
>>64227579
THES ES OOOR ARMAY. TA JAYN ET YOO MOHST GEV 'OMAGE
>>
>>64228034

Greedo scene reveals stuff to us about Han, both character and plot. (He has a bounty and is cool with blastin fools)

honestly those scenes you mentioned aren't too different in terms of "fun action" but if so many of the scenes from awakens were just....idk better or more well directed I wouldn't care. but that scene is just unfun and unmemorable. Trash compactor scene is also don't truly necessary, but it's moment where the rag tag rescuers and the princess form comradery, gives the droids their hero moment, and frankly is so much more interesting and fun and better edited then so many other scenes in awakens.

what bothers me in these new films, awakens and too many other modern action flicks, are the arbitrary obstacles that come up.
Like when the falcon gun was stuck and rey moved the falcon in a line of sight so finn can fire an hit the tie fighter. Why not just establish her as a good pilot with focusing on a better flight escape scene and less vidja extreemm maneuvers?
>>
>>64228727
I liked Kylo's character and it was obvious he was supposed to be struggling with himself from the moment we see him talking to Vaders mask. If you expected him to be Vader 2.0. I can understand why he's disappointing.
>>
>>64228936
I wasn't expecting or wanting Vader 2.0.

From the get go, the actor is a MISCAST. It's completely unbelievable Han and Leia would have a child that was nothing but recessive genes. E.G. casting Ice Cube to play Lando's son in a sequel. It'd be unbelievable. Kylo's character is unbelievable. His voice, his facial expressions, mannerisms, it's all off.

That's ignoring the fact the script is trash and he delivered his lines like trash.
>>
>>64227812
Where solo got his medical marijuana
>>
>>64229065
>mother is queen ice bitch
>father is irresponsible and criminal
>send him away when young
>parents split up

It's no wonder he turned into a complete brat
>>
>>64228158
NO capes!
>>
But seriously... why the FUCK were all these guys just regular humans? They totally should have been Weequays from Hondo's crew, or Rodians, or some other underworld scum and villainy! Also, Han should have been transporting gundarks or rancors, not tentacle blobs.
>>
literally we want the reddit audience: the scene
>>
>>64229065
Well I simply disagree. I thought Adam Driver did a good job portraying a powerful young man, struggling with inner turmoil.
>>
Reminder: The scene in ANH where Luke and crew leave Tattooine and hang out on the Falcon on the way to Alderaan is better than anything in TFA.
>>
Why are you forcing this? At least pick a moment in the movie that's funny or interesting. This is just a random line from the movie

This is exactly how Big Guy happened

Wasn't a funny scene. Wasn't even from a notable movie. Just some asshole obsessively posted it over and over
>>
I didn't know candy toe had taken up acting.
>>64228158
How did she know Solo walked into the diner without seeing him? Was she force sensitive? Or were we supposed to gather that she was particularly perceptive to people's odours or the sounds of their footfall?
>>
>>64227686
TFA wasn't so /tv/ is desperate for the meme they thought they'd be getting with another piece of shit like the prequels
>>
>>64228006
>Kylo ren has a fucking comic relief scene for Christ's sake
Which was great you fucking pleb
>>
>>64229065
Both my parents are dark haired, brown eyed but I turned out ginger and blue eyed. Genes can do funny stuff sometimes
>>
>>64227579
>using pirated material to make gifs/jpgs

fuck off criminal scum
>>
>>64227579
what kind of club was Kanji-club?
>>
DEY DANT MEWVE LIKE AYY MEWVE
>>
>>64229160
>>64230398

I'm talking about him being straight up ugly and beta. I beer ginger boy still looks somewhat like his parents unlike Driver looking neither like Ford or the coke fiend.
>>
YER A BEEG GUY
>>
>>64228065

This. I was so fucking disappointed.
>>
>>64230911
My parents are social, somewhat successful, and had a sex life.
Yet I'm an ugly permavirgin.
>>
>>64230911
you sound literally like a faggot
>i don't like the actor, he isn't handsome enough for me
>>
>>64228158
>inspired by my high school teacher xD
no wonder that looks like wannabe star wars. hell the entire movie is like that
fuck off jj, you are a hack
>>
File: Dex_in_the_kitchen.jpg (27 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
Dex_in_the_kitchen.jpg
27 KB, 500x280
>>64231296
Compared to Lucas...
>>
I never made a deal with Kanji Klub.
>>
>>64228034
The Rancor and the Trash compactor are pointless filler.
Asteroid cave and Greedo went deeper or established character traits.
>>
>>64231177
Yeah, I'm a faggot for not wanting to look at dweeb on screen.
>>
>>64231361
normal star wars character compared to that tryhard maz shit.

the diner scene makes the prequels look like noir compared to the uninspired "episode" vii
>>
>>64227579
It's a foreshadowing. Jewjew is genius.
>>
>>64230368
Tell that to kanjiklub
>>
AN SOLOUGH AH NU AHD FAHND YUH EER YUH AIN TALKUN YER WAY OUTTUH THISH WUHN
>>
>>64230102
Tell that to Kanjiklub
>>
>>64230219
She's force sensitive, yes.
>>
>>64227821
>no sense of danger in the prequels
these generalizations are killing me
>>
>>64227579
>TRAITOR becomes normie shit
>People are now pushing Kanjiklub meme
Never change 4chinz
>>
did they really need to make both villains young skinny little bitches who failed everything they attempted
>>
>>64234118
what scene made you actually fear for a character's life in the prequels?
>>
>>64230102
I'd takes this over the stupid TR-8R stuff. The guy at least had a funny thick Scottish accent.
>>
>>64234359
Off t he top of my head the gladiator scene where they're chained up

If I didn't know any better because of plot armor, it would have made me think think here in danger

Same with rhe pod racing and the volcano fight
>>
>>64234490
>Off t he top of my head the gladiator scene where they're chained up
That gets completely ruined with all the jedi stunts and then the dozens of Jedis and millions of useless robots

>rhe pod racing
Please be joking

>the volcano fight
Way way way too drawn out with a fuck load of ridiculous stunts to be any effective
>>
When this cunt came on the wee screen I thought that tae fuck is Lord Oder doin in fuckin space desu lads
>>
>>64232274
That probably means he reminds you of yourself
>>
>>64231361

At least George never inflated Dexter in previews, having Dex's mo-cap and voice actor present on the red carpet and having the guy talk in interviews about how he's playing the grand new Star Wars character that everyone is gonna love called "Dexter Jettster."

Maz and Dexter basically had the same purpose in their respective movies.
>>
>>64234741
He did that with Jar Jar though.
>>
>>64234612
>it gets ruined
And? What does that have to do with ehat you asked?
>pod racing, please be joking
Again, disregarding plot armor, a shit load of people die racing apparently, and in the race anakin is in
>way too drawn out
One of them could have died.

You're arguing two different things now. I'm not saying the prequels were good movies you autistic nigger
>>
>>64234792
I asked you what scene made you fear for a character's life. Not what 3 seconds of the beginning of a scene might could have made you fear for a character's life for an instant.

>and in the race anakin is in
And that's the problem, a child that can't act for shit that no ones cares about. It completely destroys any tension.

>One of them could have died.
Someone could possibly always die.
>>
>>64232529
You are precious.
>>
>>64234971
>3 seconds
No
>actor destroyed the tension
The tension is self evident, created by the trope of dangerous racing
>someone could always possibly die
Barring plot armor, jedi had all just previously been extwrminated, some by anakin. It's the fight the movies have been leading to and one of the two biggest character could have died
>>
>>64231361
I don't remember that character being anything but a throwaway plot device
>>
>>64235191
>The tension is self evident, created by the trope of dangerous racing

Can't tell if that is clever trolling or you are really that retarded.
>>
>>64235243
Why is that retarded? The main character is in a dangerous race that people apparently die in all the time
>>
>>64235285
because you know for a fact that he will survive otherwise there would be no darth vader
>>
>>64235317
Again I was disregarding plot armor

But then it's funny because then there literally isn't anything anakin could do that would make you think he could die. That's the nature of prequels.

Conversely we also get the convergence and expectation of anakin becoming Vader exploited and I found that interesting
>>
>>64235317
TEL THAHT TO KANJIKLUB
>>
>>64229311

Kek
>>
>>64234463
TR8R isn't forced, it's just a meme

This is just some idiot posting the same random line over and over

He'll probably post it four times a day for a month until all you idiots are repeating it like it's funny

You'll quote the scene line for line

Probably post reaction pics of Han saying "WHEN WAS THE SECOND TIME?"

It's so predictable
>>
>>64237986
TELL THAT TO KANJIKLUB

Traitor is mad forced and it's already on it's way out, thank god
>>
>>64229311
Was thinking this the entire time hbt.
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.