[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cucumberbatch is the hero. Mikkelsen is the villain. Is this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 2lYCtsW.jpg (187 KB, 606x807) Image search: [Google]
2lYCtsW.jpg
187 KB, 606x807
Cucumberbatch is the hero.
Mikkelsen is the villain.

Is this going to be the greatest fantasy movie of all time?
>>
>>64227237
No, for the sole reason that it's Marvel.

This is coming from someone who loves the Marvel movies: THEY ARE ALL THE EXACT SAME FUCKING THING. If it's not the Based Russos doing a movie, it'll be the same fucking formula: Hero gets powers at some cost to himself, figures them out through trial and error, fights an evil version of himself, he wins, everyone's happy, cue after-credits.

I really want this to surprise me though.
>>
>>64227347

Probably, but imagine if it went like Watchmen.
>>
>>64227389
Ohh baby.
>>
>>64227237
probably not no, the majority of modern films aren't made to be a piece of art, or have inherent artistic value, they are a product. They are pre-planned, pre-packaged, pre-marketed by the numbers visual and audio experiences with every single detail fine tuned to maximise profits for the studio and appeal the the maximum number of people who, by no fault of their own of course, don't understand what makes a film good or bad, but instead just want something to distract them for a few hours with big fight scenes and "hilarious" "witty" "banter".

Most likely, especially for a marvel/superhero movie, the plot will be recycled and, when you really think about it, nonsensical while also being superficial or pointless. The internal consistency of the marvel universe, or even more likely, within the individual movie itself will be ignored because it makes the writers' jobs easier. The themes will be watered down, the cinematography by the numbers, the stylistic elan completely vacant and the score uninspired.

Rise above the big budget mass appeal shit and try focus on finding the gems with real artistic merit, the films that are actually good.
>>
>>64227463
products can be fun to watch, just don't expect anything else from it
>>
>>64227237
it will be fun
>>
>>64227477
true, but OP asked if this was going to be the greatest fantasy film of all time, which it very clearly isn't going to be

but of course nothing is impossible and if it truly is then I'll redact my views
>>
File: 1451331937858.png (241 KB, 322x455) Image search: [Google]
1451331937858.png
241 KB, 322x455
>movie uses up the entire run time introducing the character and his background, how he got his powers, what his situation is, then the movie ends.

You'll have to watch Infinity War to see him in action.
>>
>>64227574
this guy is probably right>>64227347
they'll just make him fight BAD DR FATE for the inevitable fight scene
>>
He looks bad.
>>
>>64227237
Benedict "crumbles-vag"

vs.

Mads "the pussy slayer" Mikkelsen

sounds like a 15 year old girls wet dream
>>
File: maisielels.gif (2 MB, 355x360) Image search: [Google]
maisielels.gif
2 MB, 355x360
>>64228047
I shouldn't have kekt that hard
>>
Thanks for making another capeshit thread, OP. You should've also added some Star Wars.
>>
>>64228164
we've been killed with Star wars threads for a month now, its great its dying down
>>
File: dr strange.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
dr strange.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>64227347
He already has powers in the movie.
>>
>>64228929
doesn't mean they won't show how he got them for half the movie
>>
>>64227347
you forgot the mcguffin that reddit "nerds" need to look up on wikipedia to pretend they've always known about it
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.