[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel... cold...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11
File: barbossa death.png (432 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
barbossa death.png
432 KB, 960x640
I feel... cold...
>>
I thought he said "I feel... old..."

it would have kinda made sense lol
>>
>>64224687
But they were only cursed for a few years (or a decade at most).

It always seemed funny to me that they hated being immortal yet were shocked when they became mortal.
>>
Just rewatched this last night.
Curse of the Black Pearl is an excellent movie.
>>
>>64224736
That's because they became mortal in the middle of a fight.
>>
>>64224889
Do you guys like the sequels?
I always liked a lot of the elements within them (especially Davy Jones and all the cool mystical shit they added in) but they made the plot way too convoluted for what should have been simple pirate movies like the first one.

4 kind of got back into that but it felt way too silly (not to mention focused way too much on Jack Sparrow instead of building up on Blackbeard with fucking Ian McShane, how do you fuck that up?)
>>
>>64224967
I haven't seen 4.
While I think the special effects in 2 and 3 are amazing, it really misses the whole "ghost story" vibe that the first movie had. Too much magic was going on. And Jack became way too goofy.
>>
>>64224736

I think everyone will be shocked when they experience death
>>
>>64224967
I liked Dead Man's Chest as much as the original. From 3 the only thing I remember is that the new pirates were cool, it had nice settings and it had a stupid fucking thing with a hundred Johnny Depps in the desert. 4 felt like a failed spinoff.

I want a HBO pirate show.
>>
>>64225075
What about Black Sails?
I've never seen it so I can't really say if it's good or not.
>>
File: Barbossa_introduced.png (340 KB, 998x424) Image search: [Google]
Barbossa_introduced.png
340 KB, 998x424
>yfw that Barbossa reveal at the end of Dead Man's Chest
>>
>>64225128

good show for butt pirates.
>>
File: 620x357.jpg (60 KB, 620x357) Image search: [Google]
620x357.jpg
60 KB, 620x357
>>64225155

>mfw i'm a focus group full of dumb bitches.
>>
>>64224967
no the sequels were unnecessary
>>
File: 1451361016060.jpg (120 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1451361016060.jpg
120 KB, 1366x768
>>64224655
YOU CAN TELL THA' TA KANJICLOB
>>
I always thought he said...I feel...Gold
>>
>After all these years... The Curse of the Black Pearl is finally lifted...

Really Barbossa?
>>
File: davy jones waifu music.jpg (202 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
davy jones waifu music.jpg
202 KB, 1920x1080
I always liked how there was a sympathetic side to all the villains in the pirates movies, I even felt a bit bad for Beckett at the end despite being a crooked fucker.
>>
>>64224967
The Kraken fights and the big whirlpool fight were pretty cool, but they weren't that great otherwise. Like, this is my personal experience, but I watched Dead Man's Chest first, and I was super fucking confused. I thought, "Oh man, there's all these characters I don't know, all this talk of Davy Jones and a debt and this Cutler Beckett guy, this must have been explained in the first movie." No, this was not even remotely the case. The primary villains of the sequels come straight the fuck out of nowhere with no explanation. Now, having new villains is fine, it's expected, but give some sort of explanation. I shouldn't have to go to a Pirates of the Caribbean Wiki to get the details on why Jack has a debt to Davy Jones. In the first movie, this is what a character like Will was for, he was new to the pirate scene and all the supernatural shit, so it felt natural and organic to explain shit to him, there's at least 2 scenes in the first movie where Gibbs just explains what's what to Will. This was a really big fucking problem for me. Also, did anyone else feel like the big cannibal island scene in DMC was just filler? I mean what did we do here besides cut down the crew to the core cast members? I mean, yeah, Will finds Jack here, but if they skipped the cannibal crap and went straight to Tia Dalma, Will woulda fucking found him anyway. The sideplot with Will's dad goes nowhere in DMC, he's really just exists to fuel Will's motivation and help wrap up the third movie, he's pretty much Plot Device and Sequel Bait all in one character. Really all of DMC is Sequel Bait, especially the ending, I may as well stop talking about it now. AWE is a lot worse in my opinion and it showed to me from the very first scene. Ok so the gang needs a map to the end of the world to get Jack back, ok simple enough. Everything else in this movie is so ridiculous it needs it's own post.
>>
>>64224655
Don't worry you'll feel better in the sequels.
>>
>>64225537
Don't lie to Barbossa like that
>>
>Barbosa
>not a Moor
>>
That everything...
>>
>>64225526
>did anyone else feel like the big cannibal island scene in DMC was just filler? I mean what did we do here besides cut down the crew to the core cast members? I mean, yeah, Will finds Jack here, but if they skipped the cannibal crap and went straight to Tia Dalma, Will woulda fucking found him anyway.

I know what you mean, that scene always came off as out of place. I think it was just an attempt back at being a comedy skit and nothing more.

But to be honest i'll childishly love the movies no matter their faults.
>>
>>64225332
Hey what's happening guys, it's jonnie candito here from candito training HAITCHKYOO
>>
>tfw the whole pirate court thing was fucking pointless since we don't even see any of the other pirate ships fighting and only the Black Pearl and Flying Dutchman actually battle
>>
File: Governor_Swann_Soul.png (198 KB, 787x318) Image search: [Google]
Governor_Swann_Soul.png
198 KB, 787x318
>Elizabeth. Are you dead?
>I think I am.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BIdy2fQK5I
>>
>>64225155
t. Alberto Barbossa
>>
>>64224967
I was initially pretty disappointed in the first two, though my views on them have softened a bit since the theatrical release. The latest one is just kind of there, it's not bad but it's not exactly memorable either. Wondering how bringing Orlando Bloom back into the franchise will effect things.
>>
>>64227235
I'm actually kind of glad he's coming back, it's one of the few movies I've liked him in (plus he's going to be captain of the Dutchman and Javier Bardem is playing the villain).
>>
>>64227272
I'll certainly see it, maybe it'll reinvigorate the franchise. The core of it is good, fun popcorn movies for the summer season.
>>
>>64224655
Why is Barbossa so fucking based?
>>
>>64224687

>lol

REDDIT

YOURE A FUCKING REDDITOR

GET OUT REDDITTTTTTTTTTTTT
>>
>>64224736
They hated not being able to taste food, have an orgasm or get drunk. They clearly loved being immortal, with how they kept using it to fuck with people.
>>
File: ciAAYYYYYLMAO.jpg (380 KB, 757x720) Image search: [Google]
ciAAYYYYYLMAO.jpg
380 KB, 757x720
>>64225445
Governor Swann, I'm East India Company.
>>
On Stranger Tides was pretty neat aside from that weird shit between the mermaid and the missionary. Especially the SHE HAS A NAME shit, she obviously fucking did not. Aside from that it still felt like PotC though, and the best part is it had plenty of Barbossa. I was surprised to see it was so poorly received compared to the others.
>>
>>64227305
Geoffrey Rush real chews scenery well.
>>
File: mfw the rum is gone.png (520 KB, 1024x431) Image search: [Google]
mfw the rum is gone.png
520 KB, 1024x431
>>64227305
He and Mr. Gibbs are my favorites mostly because they act like real sea dogs

Also Norrington in the second movie was hilarious, I wish they didn't kill him off.
>>
Friendly reminder that Kiera Knightley's cleavage took a make-up artist an hour to make every day.
>>
>>64227376
I'm sure that making a movie is really hard work but the people in these movies all seem like they are have an absolute blast. That always makes a film more enjoyable to watch.
>>
For me, both DMC and AWE were great, I enjoyed them while I watched them. But Curse was like a revelation, it was the perfect take on romatic pirating and shit and it was also fresh.

Let me put it this way, I felt like going on a pirate adventure after Curse. I didn't after the other two.

I will however say that even in the absolutely crap one a few years back that you probably forgot, there were scenes that are incredible. Whirlpool fight scene is still one of my favorite fight scenes ever and even in the shit newest one there was the mermaid capture scene that was incredible as well.
>>
>>64224967
Yeah pretty much.
4th movie was a little bit off, the blackbeard plot was okay, but the angelica part felt unnecessary and forced

potc is easily my favourite adventure series
>>
He's the pirate of which sea? Caspian?
>>
>>64227571
yes

t. hector barbossa
>>
File: 1441455020667.jpg (43 KB, 397x392) Image search: [Google]
1441455020667.jpg
43 KB, 397x392
>>64227346
this post went horribly unappreciated.

have my kek
>>
File: hardbenis.png (127 KB, 484x397) Image search: [Google]
hardbenis.png
127 KB, 484x397
>>64224655
I feel.. my constant... erection
>>
Even if you dislike the sequels, you have to admit that they had really fun and well done scenes. There are still scenes that I can remember clearly even though I havent seen the movies in years.
>>
>>64227739
>not watching it every year to keep your inner manchild alive
>>
>>64226771
I don't know why more and more movies seem to need a giant last battle of armies to be "complete". It's stupid, not all adventure movies need armies.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.