[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck you this was great. Better acted than anything else in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2
File: swimaxpost-156214 (1).jpg (152 KB, 655x380) Image search: [Google]
swimaxpost-156214 (1).jpg
152 KB, 655x380
Fuck you this was great. Better acted than anything else in the series, and action that actually feels tangible and real.
>>
File: oM8MuGC.png (358 KB, 1000x880) Image search: [Google]
oM8MuGC.png
358 KB, 1000x880
I liked it a lot too, had me grinning from ear to ear the entire time desu
>>
It could have been better.

But it was good.

7/10. No more. No less.
>>
nah, the action was tensionless because the plot was dumb. and kylo and rey are terrible actors.
>>
>>64217853

It was objectively the second best movie in the entire series so far but /tv/ will never admit it because the main character was a chick and the second main character was black and some meme maker posted a screenshot of a 4chan comment on Twitter.

>best light saber effects/duel
>best special effects
>best usage of CGI
>best droid
>cool Sith villain with relevant back story
>beloved characters involved in meaningful ways with interesting new characters
>qt protagonist
>solid dialogue
>fast moving plot, never boring, transitioned seamlessly between the Light and Dark stories
>fleshed out the trilogy premise, setting up for great sequels
>>
>>64218949
>Adam Driver
>terrible
He was objectively the best part of the film
>>
>>64219096
lol
>>
It's the best acted and directed film in the franchise.
>>
>>64219220
no to both, especially the second. jj abrams is such a mediocre director.
>>
He was a good acted and directed film in the franchise friend.

It was dogshit.
>>
>>64219246
Nope, whether it be the Spielbergean editing, the lack of exposition, the way characters are developed using film language rather than dialogue. He's a good director from nearly every perspective. The issues he has relate mostly to writing.
>>
>>64217853
>Rey is a Mary Sue (fuck you SJW is the true)
>Finn is black because this make happy to SJW.
>Kilo Ren is a crap of enemy.
>Cliche scripts
>Never feel it as an Star Wars movie.
>Overrated.
>>
>>64219096
every point was wrong

the lighsaber fights were just as bad as the prequels because you don't care about any of the personalityless characters and there's no reason for them to even be sword fighting apart from the fact that the disney executives said to cram some lightsaber scenes in

the cg was shit. maz was yet another cheesy looking jar jar cartoon character and those space squid monsters on han's ship was some video game shit that has no place in star wars

bb-8 had no purpose to the plot apart from being there to sell toys and remind you about "hey remember r2-d2"

kylo isn't cool at all and is a self-admitted vader fanboy who is so weak that no character on screen is ever intimidated by him and he can't defeat anyone

it was a gimmick to include han solo and leia because their stories were over at in empire strikes back. but it's even more embarrassing because the movie is total dogshit without han. he had no business being in the film and yet he carried the whole film. harrison ford has more charisma in his pinky than rey and finn have in their whole bodies
>>
>>64219096
daisy is a goofy looking bitch with weird teeth, literally no personality whatsoever, and a gross, shrill voice

the dialogue is some of the worst parts of the film. remember in the OT how all of the dialogue was so natural and colloquial? they wouldn't always refer to the death star as THE DEATH STAR, it was always "that battlestation". 2rd2 is r2, c3po is 3po. etc etc. everything in TFA is coined and branded to constantly beat you over the head that it's a star wars movie. the dialogue is so awkward and corporate.

i was bored the entire plot. its a rehashed a new hope but with less development and they made all of the same mistakes that lucas made in ANH. the conclusion is also unsatisfying because they're three. the destruction of the star killer base is the conclusion of the plot of film which they've built up for 2 hours, then it drags on and does another conclusion to a spontaneous plot of rey and finn defeating kylo, then it drags on to new plot about finding luke

it doesn't flesh out the trilogy premise at all. the story of the original trilogy was already fully completed. much like the prequels, this newest trilogy is a story that doesn't need to be told.
>>
>>64219668
>bb-8 had no purpose to the plot apart from being there to sell toys and remind you about "hey remember r2-d2"
Except that BB-8 was probably more central to the plot than either Finn or Poe
>>
>>64217853
>>64219096

It's okay anons, you don't have to keep pretending it was good; you can just admit that you enjoy contextless parades of lights and colours that don't require you to think between explosions
>>
>>64219805
>that don't require you to think between explosions
You probably have to think more in this movie than in any other film in the franchise given the complete lack of exposition
>>
>>64219668
>>64219714
I don't get the dialogue or character complaints. Those were criticisms leveled against the original Star Wars, and they're probably the aspects of the new film that're most improved from the OT
>>
>>64219668

>the lighsaber fights were just as bad as the prequels because you don't care about any of the personalityless characters and there's no reason for them to even be sword fighting apart from the fact that the disney executives said to cram some lightsaber scenes in

What? Nigga did you even watch the movie?

>the cg was shit. maz was yet another cheesy looking jar jar cartoon character and those space squid monsters on han's ship was some video game shit that has no place in star wars

???

>bb-8 had no purpose to the plot

????

>kylo isn't cool at all and is a self-admitted vader fanboy who is so weak that no character on screen is ever intimidated by him and he can't defeat anyone

Except that he kills Han Solo to complete his training, he was still an apprentice before then which explains why he lashes out in anger and doesn't have full skills yet.

>it was a gimmick to include han solo and leia

How is it a gimmick when their child is literally the main antagonist and both of them play major roles in the movie?

>remember in the OT how all of the dialogue was so natural and colloquial?

Not really, no.

>its a rehashed a new hope but with less development

They developed the new characters and didn't spend a lot of time on the old characters because why the fuck would they do that?

>the conclusion is also unsatisfying because they're three

?

>the destruction of the star killer base is the conclusion of the plot of film which they've built up for 2 hours

This leads me to believe you didn't watch the movie. The very first thing we learn about is the map to Luke Skywalker, the last Jedi, and everything else that happens all movie is as a result of this.

>this newest trilogy is a story that doesn't need to be told.

You would have rather they made up shit to create a brand new story arc? I'm sure you wouldn't have bitched about that at all.
>>
A soulless, artificial, atmospheric less, loveless, copy of the original. Takes a lot. Give few in return. Saw many tasteless blasphemous horrific attempts like this god unholy bastard child's of a popcorn poisonous trash movie before and many countless will come because after all it is the entertainment for the mindless brain dead comatose generation of which I am part of. Intoxicating toxic cinematic waste.
>>
there's a ton of flaws with the film but it's two main problems are the fact that it's little more than a commercial for the next star wars films and none of the characters are believable or well written
>>
Guardians of the Galaxy: The Force Awakens Into Darkness sucks.
>>
>>64220075
>muh brainless sheeple
Don't watch blockbusters if they bother you so much
>>
>>64220111
>none of the characters are believable or well written
Kylo Ren and Finn are actually great
>>
Evokes nothing, rips everything, steals from everyone, "family is back together" mais qu'est que ça peut me foutre?!!A cinema made of moments (and forgettable ones at that).Lame-ism at its best.The franchise that killed movies for life. Whom will praise now Malick, Mann, Boyle, Moretti, Haynes, Noé, Davies &Akerman?/Hamil's beard, Driver's torn face, Fisher's Temple's gaze &Rowlands n'aw features+Bawss desert IMAX 3D
>>
>>64220245
>rips everything, steals from everyone,
Shakespeare never wrote an original story
>>
>>64220075

A Star Wars that has not only lost much of its humor and charm but more important a good deal of its innocence, traveling in the process light years away from the shiny first magnitude of its original world.

I found myself glancing at my watch almost as often as I did when I was sitting through a truly terrible movie called The Island.

It is almost as if Lucas took recognizable characters and then emptied them of meaning so as not to distract his audience from his spectacular sets, monsters and special effects.

The old Star Wars gang are back doing what they've done before, but this time with a certain evident boredom.

That's all I have to say about the new Star Wars.
>>
>>64220370

Jk those were all reviews I found online of the movies of the original trilogy, written when the films first came out.

You're contrarian faggots, like these critics. The Force Awakens was good, deal with it niggers.
>>
>>64217853
Uh, that's a picture of a comic book.
>>
>>64220370
>Star Wars that has not only lost much of its humor
VII is literally the funniest film in the franchise by far
>>
>>64219096
>some meme maker posted a screenshot of a 4chan comment on Twitter.

Source? What are you referring to?
>>
They should've had Leia have SOME command over the force, besides sensing Han like she did Luke. For all we know Luke didn't teach her shit.

Since she was a general they should have given her battle meditation like Bastila.
>>
>>64220307
durrhurr Tempest
>>
>>64220460

https://twitter.com/Uptomyknees/status/678097946106322944/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
>>
>>64217853
such a brave and original idea for a thread

truly the Force Awakens of threads

stay brave and tell those bigots a thing or two
>>
>>64220404
>The Force Awakens was good, deal with it niggers.
This shit taste lol.
>>
>>64220525
Inspired by a true story though
>>
Dumb as dog shit. An uninspired patchwork-quilt of scenes lifted from the first three movies all in the service of making us forget about the last three movies. Say what you will about George Lucas as a director, but at least he had ambition.
>>
>>64220577

Please tell me more about how the prequels were actually cinematic masterpieces.
>>
>>64219761
>probably more central to the plot than either Finn or Poe

As a plot device. Might as well say the Starkiller was more central to the plot than Finn, Poe or Rey.
Which would be accurate when you think about it.
Either way
>millenials.
>>
hey uh, any torrents up yet? It's pretty barren.
>>
>Don't like what I don't.jpeg
>>
>Marvel's Star Wars: The Force Awakens
>>
>>64217853

Why the Resistance and the New Republic are two different things if the First Order want them both destroyed? Makes no sense.

Also what up with the vehicle and alien design? Everything that wasn't form the OT looked like shit
>>
>>64220532
Holy shit SJJW Abrams blown the fuck out
>>
Why was Kylo emotional when he killed Han? Doesn't he wanna be a pure Sith Lord with a nothin personnel character?
>>
>>64220633
They're not, but they're better than this Nu Trek/GotG clone.
>>
>>64220728
epic, you showed them

people that criticize popular movies are just f-cking bigots anyway
>>
>>64220794

>Why the Resistance and the New Republic are two different things if the First Order want them both destroyed?

Why are Russia and France two different things if Hitler wanted them both destroyed? Makes no sense.
>>
>>64220857

I've taken steamy dumps that were more appealing to look at for 2 hours than The Phantom Menace, don't give me that shit. TFA has nothing even close to as bad as Jar Jar, the horrible screen greens, the trading route politics or Anakin's character being completely ruined.
>>
>>64220848
Sith are emotional, Jedi aren't.
Jedi aren't even allowed to love. That surely screams "universe's good guys".
>>
>>64220948
Again, sorry for your shit taste.

You should watch more movies, ya fucking c͏uck s͏m͏h t͏͏b͏͏h.
>>
>>64220889

The Resistance and the New Republic should had been made a single faction called: New Republic
>>
>>64221010

What the fuck did you just say about me, you little bitch?
>>
>>64221059
>Again, sorry for your shit taste.

>You should watch more movies, ya fucking c͏uck s͏m͏h t͏͏b͏͏h.
>>
STAR WARS: THE FORCED PLOT ARRIVES
>>
>>64217853
>Better acted than anything else in the series, and action that actually feels tangible and real.
So, what you're praising are
- actors who competently played their paper-thin characters
- special effects

Wish I was that easy to please
>>
>>64217853
>and action that actually feels tangible and real

I refuse to believe this statement comes from anything more than cum staining your pants as you see the all knew computer generated sabers and death star 3.0. Give me a real reason why you believe you could feel more action in this movie than the other aside from new shiny toys they had to work with.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.