[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most overrated films of 2015 thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9
File: it-follows-main.jpg (4 MB, 6000x4500) Image search: [Google]
it-follows-main.jpg
4 MB, 6000x4500
Most overrated films of 2015 thread.
>>
File: tfa_poster_wide_header_adb92fa0.jpg (140 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
tfa_poster_wide_header_adb92fa0.jpg
140 KB, 600x337
>>
nah that was actaully pretty good. the most overrated film of 2015 is undeniably the force awakens. it has an unprecedented amount of hype and yet is actually kind of bad
>>
Pretty much everything this year has fucking sucked except for Entertainment
>>
>>64214424
i think its appropriately rated
>>
You're favourite flick ;^)
>>
Fury Road, for sure. Also Ex Machina.

>>64214424
>>64214432
Maybe outside /tv/, sure. On this board reactions to TFA have been pretty damn mixed.
>>
>>64214443
t. cuck pro
>>
This board really shows its true colors by shitting on low budget indie releases with interesting ideas. Meanwhile there are no threads complaining about literally every other horror film being generic garbage.
>>
File: zo6c9ipiraa5xlwyphtr.jpg (37 KB, 459x612) Image search: [Google]
zo6c9ipiraa5xlwyphtr.jpg
37 KB, 459x612
>>64214400
>>
>>64214509
What a silly thing to say. Are all other horror films held up as being among the best horror films?
I agree with OP. The thread isn't to say that It Follows is shit, it's to say that it's not as good as most people believe it to be.
>>
File: Ant_structure_an_man_film.jpg (120 KB, 910x607) Image search: [Google]
Ant_structure_an_man_film.jpg
120 KB, 910x607
Antman
>>
>>64214509
op here
That's because they are not over hyped. There is nothing original about it follows. I loved babadook. it being indie doesn't mean shit.
>>
The Gift
>>
>>64214509

It Follows was bad. One interesting idea does not save it from being dog shit by the end of the film, holy shit that ending was lazy.
>>
A monster that just looks like other humans and walks at the speed of a dying geriatric.

Real creative m8.

Oh right but:

>DUDE URBAN DECAY THAT SERVES NO REAL PURPOSE LMAO
>DUDE SEX THEMES LMAO
>.....
>.....
>.....
>10/10 BEST HORROR FILM OF THE LAT DECADE!!!!
>>
>>64214424
SW VII is as good as the transformers dinosaur movie

aka utter shit
>>
Mad Max was boring. It Follows was good until they hit the monster with a chair.
>>
I hate it when films like it follows add futuristic tech like the e reader and also old TVs and cars.
"look it could be set at any time" hipster faggots.
>>
>>64215228

I don't think there was ever a point in time where attractive girls watched 50's B-movies on their CRTVs
>>
Fury Road
>>
>>64214623
>>64214623
>>64214623
>>64214623
>>64214623
this hands down has to be the most overrated movie of 2015

all the marvel movies are fucking carbon copies of each other and people hyped it up to be really unique

but it looked and felt like any other iron man sequel
>>
File: Sicario_poster.jpg (112 KB, 260x384) Image search: [Google]
Sicario_poster.jpg
112 KB, 260x384
Script was total garbage and the film peaked when they got to the crossing between Mexico and the US.

Haven't seen any arguments as to why it's good besides "operator"
>>
>>64214400
Just watch that movie it was the worst movie I've ever seen
FUCKING SHIT I HATE THE PERSON WHO RECOMMENDED IT
I lost all respect I had for him I think I don't even consider him a friend
We were friends for 10 years but after this, I don't know anymore if I can befriend such a fucking pleb
It Follows blows.
>>
>>64216387
It was good because it told me lots of things about the drug war that I already knew and would readily accept.
>>
>>64214400
Yo this movie was bad and anybody who saw it in theaters was a victim of viral marketing.
>>
>>64216584

Except most of those things are wrong and make no sense.

>hurr durr we killed the major drug lord, we Juarez nao

That's not how it works.
>>
The Falling was just a catastrophe but it got tons of glowing reviews, I have no idea why. Big budget student film.

Mad Max was good, but jesus christ people go crazy about it. Definitely overrated.

Ex Machina was a tired re-tread of ideas from other films and literature, literally zero originality.
>>
>>64214400
2015 was pretty weak from what I saw. It Follows, The Revenant, Star Wars VII and Fury Road all disappointed me, except for The Revenant, which I actually expected to be shit.

It Follows feels like it was made by somebody who likes to talk about how much they appreciate "atmosphere" and how old horror movies used to do it all so much better but doesn't really know much about what makes them work. Just because the horror isn't in your face gore that doesn't make it haunting or unsettling. It's fucking boring. The average gorefest piece of shit does the horror element better than It Follows too. Lucio Fulci shits on these plebs and his movies were just excuses to film eye-gauges.

Star Wars is discussed enough in other threads. The Revenant was more of Innaritu's boring, pretentious bullshit that relies purely on "patrician" gimmicks to fool hacks and psueds into thinking it's good. Method acting, an obnoxious bobbing and weaving camera and lots of dirty close-ups aren't bold, difficult or impressive. They're fucking shit.

Fury Road was a decent exploding circus on wheels but the appeal of the original Mad Max has never been recaptured in a sequel. Mad Max was best when it was a story about a guy being pushed over the edge while the rest of the world was barely holding on. And the action, while competent is nothing amazing. I think everyone's just a bit starved for real action so anything decent gets praised as 10/10.
>>
File: 1450845814846.jpg (450 KB, 889x1180) Image search: [Google]
1450845814846.jpg
450 KB, 889x1180
>>64217749
If I took the time to write this somebodies reading it.
>>
>>64218474
*somebody's
>>
File: Reddit_the_movie.jpg (9 KB, 171x253) Image search: [Google]
Reddit_the_movie.jpg
9 KB, 171x253
>>64214400
This
>>
Ex Machina
Force Awakens (but we all knew it was overhyped going in)
>>
>>64214443
nop, is overrated accept it.
>>
File: mierda de mierda.jpg (155 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
mierda de mierda.jpg
155 KB, 1200x675
>>64214400
>>
File: chappie.jpg (716 KB, 2400x1800) Image search: [Google]
chappie.jpg
716 KB, 2400x1800
How about most underrated films?
>>
>>64219320

Watched in blu-ray and have to say that it was a pretty comfy film. Just imagining being all alone on mars in that comfy bunker, harvesting your own crops and listening to tunes (even though they were shit)
>>
>>64219782
>ABBA
>shit

Fuck you funhater
>>
>>64216706
I am yoda now
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.