[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>first time in an x-wing >like an hour of training from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8
>first time in an x-wing
>like an hour of training from Kenobi
>manages to out fly Vader and blow up the death star
Wow what a mary sue
>>
>>64212095

Luke was already set to go to the academy, and by his own admission with quite the confidence, regularly shoots targets no bigger than 3 meters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kgl9gmtvZo

>manages to out fly Vader and blow up the death star

Well no he would've died if Han hadn't stepped in.
>>
Bad b8
>>
>>64212095
He already flew a T-16 shooting womp rats.
He had practice as a pilot faggot. Hence why Kenobi said, "I understand you have become quite a pilot yourself"

Now kindly go fuck yourself.
>>
>>64212095
Luke was already a pilot and a good shot, but a lot of that explanation got cut out in editing, so the only support is a few throw away lines.

Also the only impressive thing he did in the whole movie was make one really hard shot. And it had a point to it, you know the whole theme of the movie, the power of belief.

>manages to out fly Vader

This never happened

And this one thing is in opposition to rey being good at every single thing the plot requires her to be good at, wow
>>
File: 1320629726236.jpg (28 KB, 432x288) Image search: [Google]
1320629726236.jpg
28 KB, 432x288
luke DID have training though. and he only survives because han solo flies in with the millennium falcon to save him

but luke is kind of a mary sue. but less of a mary sue than rey is, far less.
>>
When will Disneyshills learn ?
>>
>>64212161
Why would Luke even need to go to the academy if he's already better than the best pilot in the Empire?

Checkmate OT scum
>>
Fuck off with your bullshit just because he could drive a T-16 and shoot womp rats didn't make him a good pilot it's like saying I can drive a car so I must be able to fly a plane not only that he made an impossible shot had never actually flown in an x-wing before it's bullshit don't act like he isn't a mary sue when he is maybe not in ESB or ROTJ because he had to learn and train to defeat vader but he certainly is a mary sue in ANH.
>>
>>64212558
he hadn't been trained by Obi Wan/gotten Force Ghost advice
>>
>>64212558
>Why would Luke even need to go to the academy

...To legitimize himself as a pilot? Get a license and all that, it's not in him to steal a ship. His want to go to the academy is BEFORE he meets Obi.
>>
>>64212417
This. Luke was a good shot/pilot, the son of one of the most powerful Jedi knights in history and trained personally under another, and used the force to land the shot. He also needed Han to save his ass from Vader.
>>
>>64212643
But he's already the best without ever flying an xwing
>>
File: tumblr_o029o7YZBJ1sv2kepo1_1280.png (170 KB, 591x874) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o029o7YZBJ1sv2kepo1_1280.png
170 KB, 591x874
>>64212095
Reyfags need to stop insulting my husbando.
>>
>>64212687

When you say "why would he need to go to the academy?" You do realize go to a school to earn certificates and be legitimized in society; recognized as pilot in Luke's case. Maybe he'd earn his own ship, get to pilot his own cruiser. The point of going to the academy for Luke wasn't to LEARN but to get the fuck off the desert rock he was on. The alternative is, again, stealing one.
>>
File: trash guy.jpg (31 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
trash guy.jpg
31 KB, 300x400
>>64212095
>REY ISNT A MARY-SUE >:(
>>
>>64212095

Are people so insecure about their boring-ass Reyfu that they need to try and bash on Luke?

Face it; Your cutie waifu is a boring character who never actually needs to struggle at anything and happens to be great at everything she does. She is pandering to those looking for 'strong empowered female leads' in a movie that was made with remilking a cashcow of a franchise. Sure she probably has this cool backstory which explains how she can use the force so well. I also bet theres a reason shes able to fly ships pretty naturally. But you're gonna need to pay more money before you get to see that!

So until then, enjoy that EP 7 took a virtual dump on the franchise as a whole and enjoy the inevitible Star Wars Cinematic Universe that Disney is going to push.
>>
File: nope rekt childhood.gif (2 MB, 410x230) Image search: [Google]
nope rekt childhood.gif
2 MB, 410x230
>>64213132
she had potential but her character went to shit with the mind rape scene when she ''learned'' the force.prove me wrong.
>>
File: porkins.jpg (459 KB, 672x816) Image search: [Google]
porkins.jpg
459 KB, 672x816
>>64212095
Red leader standing by
>>
>outfly Vader

Yeah he out flew him so much that if Han didn't show up when he did Luke would've bit the dust
>>
>>64212558
>better than Wedge
did you wiki the entire 3 movies?
>>
>>64213268

Shes a scavenger whos job is basically to find the best and most valuable machine parts she can to feed herself. +1. Things looking good from here.

I dont care who you are, but no amount of scavenging derelict ship parts would ever ever EVER translate into expert piloting skills.

If I spent years of my life picking apart tanks that have been damaged or dont work, that doesnt mean I'll be able to operate a fully functional one if I ever entered it. Sure I might know how the machine works from a certain point of view, but I would never be able to start doing crazy ass BF4 maneuvers in it. Hell, I might not even be able to fire the damn cannon.
>>
>>64212558
Who says he's the best?
>clumsily flies low on the Death Star attack and gets a little cooked
>needs Han to save his ass
>doesn't even know that spinning is a good trick
>flukes a one-in-a-million shot because of his natural Force attunement, rather than skilled manipulation of the arts

Lando was a more impressive pilot.
>>
File: 1372893673913.png (543 KB, 576x433) Image search: [Google]
1372893673913.png
543 KB, 576x433
>>64213506
>doesn't even know that spinning is a good trick
>>
File: some even call me mad.png (290 KB, 577x418) Image search: [Google]
some even call me mad.png
290 KB, 577x418
>>64213463
not as a pilot but her knowledge could have open up a team possibilites that none of the trilogy had.the best pilot of the resistance(why is it even a resistence before the republic got blown up),a guy who went from stormtrooper to jedi and a tech girl with a gun(not as good with the gun tho).could have been fresh.
>>
>bush pilot only flew a CESNA
>jumps into an F22 for the first time and wins WWIII.
>>
>>64212705
Neither Luke nor Rey are Mary Sues. But what Reyfags are trying to point out is how incorrect it is to call Rey a Mary Sue. Mary Sue is now just a buzzword for contrarian trolls and /pol/tards.
>>
>>64213883
>bush pilot only flew cesna
>aspires to fight in a f22 their entire life
>all of his friends says hes the best pilot and vouch for him
>manages to fly in an f22 doesn't do much, about to get his ass kicked, and gets helped out by his ace friend at the last second

oh wait that makes sense.
>>
>>64214160
He wouldn't even get off the ground.
>>
>>64214026

Rey is a Mary Sue.

If it was just for "contrarians" this would have arised when Mad Max Fury Road came out, but Furiosa was not a Mary Sue, just a capable female character.

Rey is a Mary Sue and a blight on TFA.
>>
>>64214200
How? do you really think an x-wing is that hard to pilot? He probably studied every part of it and all the mechanics. It's a space ship, not an f22.

>>
>>64214200

The difference between a T16 and X-Wing is not the same as an F-22 and a CESNA you retard. This doesn't even deserve being posted. His aspiration was to become a rebel pilot.
>>
>>64213883
>luke had tona of flight hours in an incom t-16
>flys an incom x-wing at endor

T-16 were made as trainers and for low budget armies by incom. The same company made the x-wing.
>>
>>64212095
TELL IT TO KANJOKLUB FAGGIT
>>
a very poor attempt my friend

there is nothing that could make Rey not a mary sue.

like Rey is better with the force in about two hours after learning that it's a thing than luke is after three fucking years + with the guidance of obi-wan and ghost obi-wan

there is no defense for this. You can spout "m-mind wipe" all you want, was she really trained to be proficient with a lightsaber/the force by the age of 4? and if the flashback of her being left on jakku isn't real, someone mindwiped her and then brainwashed her into thinking that she was left on jakku?

did they also implant memories of her living on jakku since she was like four if she was actually dumped there when she was older?

that is all a convuluted as fuck defense for some dull ass lazy mary sue
>>
>>64212095
tbqh he was about to die to darth vader. but han saved him. so hes not a mary sue, now gtfo faggot bitch
>>
>>64212095
>being a piece of shit cuck
if it works for you OP...
>>
>>64212095

He actually had help from two incredibly experienced friends who sacrificed himself AND would've been blown up by Vade if Han didn't save him last minute.

So he's really not a sue at all
>>
>>64212095
You missed Han and Chewie showing up and taking out Vader?
>>
>>64212095
>Luke
>Mary Sue
>fucked up everything he did until Return of the Jedi
>>
>>64214026
>Neither Luke nor Rey are Mary Sues
Luke isnt a mary-sue,he matured to be a jedi and all alright pilot.everyone thought of him as brat(he was) until he matured and gained respect.
Rey is a mary-sue,shes gifted from the start,doesnt learn shit and already used jedi tricks.not only that but every major character love her at first sight.muh tragic unexplained backstory doesnt mean shit if she cant stand on her on as a character on a journey.
>>64214475
This post is worth...uhh..lets see.. one and and a half rathar.
>>
>What's T-16 skyhooper
Dude, he piloted one tons of times in tatooine, and both the T-65 (x-wing) and the T-16 have the same instruments. He was literally piloting a civilian version of the x-wing his whole fucking life.
Also Biggs
Also Wedge
Also Han
Also Chewie
Also he just flew straight while the rest of the x-wings covered him in piles of corpses
>>
>>64212587

it's like saying you can drive an formula 1 car because you had a riced out civic
>>
>>64212095
>First time in a YT-1300
>No training
>Manages to out fly two special forces TIEs and pilot through a wreckage
And
>First time using the force
>Literally foung about it 5 minutes ago
>Manages to out Force a dude with at least 20 years of training in the Dark Side
And
>First time holding a blaster
>No training
>After she removes the safety proceeds to 360ยบ noscope headshot 6 stormtroopers
>>
>>64212095
TELL THAT TO KANJIKCLUB
>>
>>64214026
Mary sue isn't a /pol/ thing. While it's used in basicly anything that has a narrative in any way, /tg/ would probably be the place where it's used the most.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.