[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think we can all agree with this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: starwars.png (2 MB, 1736x586) Image search: [Google]
starwars.png
2 MB, 1736x586
I think we can all agree with this
>>
ANH was pure flick
>>
File: forya.jpg (342 KB, 545x1406) Image search: [Google]
forya.jpg
342 KB, 545x1406
>star wars
>film

Star Wars was the artistic genocide of mainstream film. You'd absolutely need to be brainwashed /v/ child to have any fondness for any of this toy commercial series. If you have an affinity for the millenium falcon then you may as well have an affinity for corporate logos.
>>
>>64208848

>kubrick
>anything above flick

i see reddit has learned how to start threads now
>>
>>64208848
Personally, as an atheist with an IQ of over 150 (Trust me you would feel bad if you really knew how big it was) I just can't see the appeal to this current generation to "Movies" or as I call them films, such as the new Star Wars. If you study rockey science even a little you would not be able to stand how fake it is. Its offensive if you ask me (Which you should)
>>
>>64208848
>Solaris
>not Stalker
>>
>>64208848
Try this.
Flick: Star Wars prequels
Movie: Star Wars OT
Cinema: 2001 and Solaris

I don't like Solaris, but I recognize that it's very well made and influential. The first half is God tier, but it slows to a halt after that and it really stops being enjoyable.
>>
>>64208848
Your post: Reddit
>>
>>64208848
flick = movie = film = cinema
>>
>>64208942
>he fell for the "Kubrick is bad" meme

It's how we weed out the redditors, lad.
>>
>>64209025

>Enjoyable

Fuck off back to IMDB you absolute turbopleb
>>
>>64209041
>this is what plebs actually believe
>>64209052
>Q-brick
>not entry level trash
Back to imdb movie "buff"
>>
>>64209052

>he fell for the "kubrick is good" meme

that meme is literally 60 years old and only a redditor wouldn't be able to detect it
>>
>>64208976
This was a really gay post and I am embarrassed to have read it.
>>
>>64208848

You are technically correct for once
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 500x587) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 500x587
>>64209078
They all mean the same thing you faggot hipster piece of shit fuck you
>I ONLY ENJOY THE FINEST PIECES OF FOREIGN CINEMA
>>
>>64208848
Kino is the new memeword?
How is this different from the other ones?
>>
>>64209186
they are all the same
>>
>>64209186

>Kino is the new memeword

Holy fuck please get the fuck back to /b/eddit you plebeian piece of trash, your new is showing.
>>
>Flick
The Shawshank Redemption
>Movie
The Great Escape
>Film
Cool Hand Luke
>Cinéma
Un condamné à mort s'est échappé
>Kino
La Grande Illusion
Le Trou
>>
File: 1449623029025.png (25 KB, 814x83) Image search: [Google]
1449623029025.png
25 KB, 814x83
>>64209058
>>
>>64209184
>FOREIGN CINEMA
do plebs actually say this?
>>
>>64208848
>kino
>naming movies after the worst black ops map
ok reddit
>>
>>64209307
you can add under kino :

Le chevalier noir s'élève
cтpaжи Гaлaктики
힘이 깨어 난다

Top tier movies, all 3 of them.
>>
>>64209390
They only say it because they think foreign cinema implies you're getting the best of the best from that country because why bring it overseas otherwise
>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 1203x722) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 1203x722
>>64208848
Nice meme bro.
>>
>>64210033
If its a meme then explain in detail these

Film vs Movie vs Cinema is real, but kino, fllick, etc were added by tasteless drones that were made insecure by this whole thing.

“A movie is made for an audience and a film is made for both the audience and the filmmakers. I think that The Game is a movie and I think Fight Club‘s a film. I think that Fight Club is more than the sum of its parts, whereas Panic Room is the sum of its parts. I didn’t look at Panic Room and think: Wow, this is gonna set the world on fire. These are footnote movies, guilty pleasure movies. Thrillers. Woman-trapped-in-a-house movies. They’re not particularly important.” - David Fincher

"My film is not a movie. My film is not about Vietnam. It is Vietnam. It's what it was really like. It was crazy. We were in the jungle, there were too many of us, we had access to too much money, too much equipment, and little by little we went insane." — Francis Ford Coppola

>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film#Terminology_used
>By contrast, in the US "movie" is the predominant form. Although the words "film" and "movie" are sometimes used interchangeably, "film" is more often used when considering artistic, theoretical, or technical aspects, as studies in a university class and "movies" more often refers to entertainment or commercial aspects, as where to go for fun on a date. For example, a book titled "How to Read a Film" would be about the aesthetics or theory of film, while "Lets Go to the Movies" would be about the history of entertaining movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMsp05iSk7s

movies are about economics.
cinema is about esthetics.
film is about politics.
-"How To Read A Film" by James Monaco

Also the separation is recognized in these texts
Bresson's Notes on the Cinematographer
Tarkovsky's Sculpting in Time
Delleuze's Cinema I&II

thanks mate
>>
>>64208936
>that awful and convoluted distinction between movies, film, and cinema.
>that moment when the author discredits their own argument:
>"one person's 'movie' is another person's 'film'
>>
>>64210111
http://i.4cdn.org/tv/1451346665246.jpg

You'll find your answer at the preceding link.
>>
File: gffdsgds.jpg (69 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
gffdsgds.jpg
69 KB, 640x800
>Be in a doctor appointment
>"Can we make this fast I'ts getting late,I bought tickets to see a kino"
>"a what?"
>"a kino"
>Doctor writes down severe mental retardation on patient file
>>
>>64210274
so you cant?
>>
>>64208936
this
>>
>>64210330

Why do plebs get so butthurt about this shit? I'm actually pretty pleb and mostly watch old Hollywood films. I find Bergman and Tarkovsky mostly unwatchable but I realise the fault lies with me rather than the films themselves. Not all films are equal, why can't you just accept that and just watch what you want?
>>
>>64210111
bump
>>
>>64210330
Topkek
>>
>>64209186
kino is just a foreign spelling of cinema
>>
Cut the bullshit faggots, cinema litteraly means the same thing as movie.

If you look at the ethymoloigy it's the exact same meaning.
>>
>>64210854
one more
hopefully you've written at least an essay sized post about it being wrong
thanks
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.