[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck is wrong with you, /tv/? I'm fucking done
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: Walter White.jpg (1 MB, 2700x3600) Image search: [Google]
Walter White.jpg
1 MB, 2700x3600
What the fuck is wrong with you, /tv/? I'm fucking done with you all. After seeing you say that this show was Reddit-tier le memerino epic maymay Tumblr trash for a year straight, I finally started to watch it, thinking it would be hilarious. It's genuinely one of the best shows ever made. What the fuck is wrong with you that prevents you from enjoying something so well made? This is literally as good as TV gets. It's not perfect, but it's damn close -- as close as television will ever get. You literally can't expect anything more. This show is completely reasonable, and you're all dicks for shitting all over it. You must be miserable as fuck to not enjoy something that is actually good.
>>
it genuinely is the best show ever made

do you not realize /tv/ is contrarian central? these are the same people saying the TFA was a bad movie

i only come here to shitpost, literally spewing the opinions i just mentioned for a giggle m8
>>
/tv/ is wrong about absolutely everything always every time without fail

We're the opposite of /pol/
>>
It's good for a few seasons then it turns into reddit
>>
It's universally praised so /tv/ went full contrarian, it happens everytime with everything popular.
>>
>>64207434
>After seeing you say that this show was Reddit-tier le memerino epic maymay Tumblr trash for a year straight
So you've only been here a year?

/tv/ couldn't get breaking bad's cock out of their mouth for the entire run time of the show.

also
>/tv/ is one person
>>
>>64207434
>>64207884
>>64208464
>>64208533
Hi plebs. There's little to no meaningful thematic depth, the acting is mostly amateurish outside 1-2 actors, the characters are mostly paper-thin, and it increasingly relies on shock value, cliches, manufactured melodrama/cliffhangers, etc. as the show moves forward. i.e., the show is not really about anything, or smart, or creative. It's a vessel for kids and soccer moms to "get off" on epic one liners, blue drugz, explostions etc.

Way too many flaws to be "as good as TV gets/10/10" or whatever dumb assessment you've made.

Feel free to fall back on your appeals to popularity and other non-arguments though, as it makes you emotional manchildren fedoras feel better.
>>
File: shield[1].gif (216 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
shield[1].gif
216 KB, 800x600
>>64207434
Wait till you get to Season 3

Pic related did everything this show tried to do much better, years before it ever came out!
>>
>>64209026
J-J-J-J-JUST ANOTHER D-D-D-D-DAAAAYYYY
[steel drum intensifies]

A lot of what made the shield memorable, especially early on, was that it was the first time a show on cable was really pushing the limits of what you can and can't show on tv. But the shock-factor was just the hook, once you get invested in the show you can't quit.

But seriously, fuck Shane.
>>
>>64208947
Buzzwords: The post.

>muh redditory pleb trash reddity reddit plot xD
>>
It's not though. The pilot is great, as are the first several episodes, but it turns to shit. Watch "Fly" and get back to us.
>>
>>64209264
>Fly
>Bad
I'll fight you
>>
>>64209264
>it's a /tv/ can't handle a bottle episode episode
>>
>>64207434
>After seeing you say that this show was Reddit-tier le memerino epic maymay Tumblr trash for a year straight,

I think that's called trolling.

>This is literally as good as TV gets.

Get some taste.
>>
Season 1 was a good introduction, with season 2, imo, being the height of the show with based Tuco, but then it all went down hill from there by trying to be 2deep5me in all of its Nolan glory.
>>
>>64208947
I rate this Reddit/You tried
>>
I think a lot of the current hate for BB is a reaction to how cancerous the fanbase was in the last couple years of the show. all you'd ever see was retards praising Walt and quoting "say my name" ad nauseum, completely missing the point the show was trying to make regarding his ego and how out of control it was.

then Gilligan had to fuck it up by giving Walt a triumphant sacrificial ending
>>
>>64209264
Why do you people hate "the fly" so much? For a bottle episode it's pretty good.
>>
>>64207434
>making sweeping generalizations about a board due to a few morons
>>
>>64207434
You have to know by now that /tv/ hates everything reddit likes because reddit likes it.
>>
File: 1436540989950.jpg (53 KB, 294x294) Image search: [Google]
1436540989950.jpg
53 KB, 294x294
>>64207884
>contrarian
Anyone notice that no one used this excuse before the Star Wars shit arrived
>>
>>64209768
>Anyone notice that no one used this excuse before the Star Wars shit arrived.

Have you been here only two weeks, reddit?
>>
SHIMMY

SHIMMY

YA
>>
>>64207434
I'm glad you liked, now fuck off.
Or you have to prove to a bunch of guys in the internet how relevant your opinion is, searching for some validation with a bunch of guys that spends most of their time doing nothing
>>
>>64209215
>>64209429
2/10
>>
>>64210180
>>>/r/movies
>>
>>64210278
1/10
>>
>>64207434
post the pasta
>>
File: Season_4_-_Hank[1].jpg (10 KB, 200x268) Image search: [Google]
Season_4_-_Hank[1].jpg
10 KB, 200x268
>>64207434
ISAAC
DIES
>>
>>64207434
It has its moments. The acting is generally good, the plot just reaches these ridiculously absurd heights that require a complete abandonment of logic and rationale.
>>
>>64210278
>criticize mediocre mass-market tv show, exactly the type of thing reddit fawns over
>this means you're reddit

I know Breaking Plebs are dumb, but this is stupid even for them.
>>
>>64207434
The show goes makes a big bang, but once you have seen it, it is easy to forget... After 6 months all you remember are the cringes that the wife, the son, the brother in law, the sister in law, jesse and some of the villans gave you.

There is alot of good shit in it and Mister White is fucking amazing, but there isn't much left if you take them away.

Come here in 6 months and tell us how you feel about breaking bad.
>>
>>64210723
That's exactly the thing. The show is just a continual buildup that never pays off. It catches you in the moment, but at the end of it all there's nothing
>>
>>64210476
>arguing with buzzwords
>calling anyone dumb

Well memed, reddit!
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.