[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How in the name of Allah did anyone think this would be a good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10
How in the name of Allah did anyone think this would be a good casting choice?

Seriously, guy dragged the entire movie down.
>>
>hating ugly people getting cast
Hey faggot, Hollywood is finally giving us a chance to break from Chad shadow. Don't ruin it.
>>
>>64203956
Best of the new cast members.
>>
>>64203956
Yeah if it wasn't for him the movie would of made 2 billion by now instead of 1.
>>
>>
>>64203956
i agree. i want a villain who can be taken seriously and a hero who has room to grow and i got neither
>>
>>64203956
Wasn't the point to cast someone angsty and awkward? Thought he fit the fanboy role perfectly.
>>
>>64203956

Was legitimately the best character of the movie.

Every time he was on screen he was fascinating because he was so cowardly, sinister and conflicted.
>>
>>64203956

>implying Rilo Kiley wasn't best sith evar
>>
>>64203956
He not only gave the best performance in the film, he gave the best performance of any Star Wars film. The most interesting character in the franchise since they introduced Han in A New Hope.
>>
>>64204097
Do the world a favor and Google 'capital letters.' Maybe then Hollywood will pander to you specifically.
>>
File: 1440846724387.png (6 KB, 480x386) Image search: [Google]
1440846724387.png
6 KB, 480x386
Original Trilogy = every MC is attractive/handsome (luke, han, leia, old ben)

Prequels = every MC is attractive/handsome (anikan, padme, obiwan, qui gon)

redditquels = everyone is uglier than fuck ( han is 70 years old and looks like it, rey has a goofy face, kylo looks dopey, finn is legit one of the ugliest "humans" ive ever seen)

what went wrong?
>>
File: mr.miyagi.jpg (7 KB, 200x230) Image search: [Google]
mr.miyagi.jpg
7 KB, 200x230
>>64203990
Nothing to do with him being ugly, he just wasnt a convincing villian. I wouldnt call what he did acting, just reading his lines. Besides, does he really look like the lovechild of Han and Leia?

>>64204034
To clarify I mean the quality of the movie, not its commercial success. And sales do not dictate the quality of a movie anon. Sure, it contributes, but not dictates.

>>64203997
Im unironically giving that to Boyega, personally. Cuckspiracy aside.

>>64204097
Ya, the main issue was that it was very difficult to take him seriously, whether or not it was intentional to make him an angsty spoiled teenager.
>>
>>64204216
They cast "real people."
Though I really didn't care how they looked. I don't watch movies to see what people look like.
>>
>>64204216
>leia
>attractive
>>
>>64204291
I like Boyega a lot, but Driver was even better.
>>
>>64204342
>carrie fisher in her prime
>not attractive
Spotted the gay.
>>
File: image.jpg (130 KB, 618x664) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
130 KB, 618x664
>>64204081
>all the ugly actors with hot wifes are 6'3" or taller

WHEN WILL THEY LEARN
>>
>>64203956
would of been better if he kept his mask on
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 201x251
>>64204311
>They cast "real people."

I felt like they were trying too hard to do this. If they wanted to cast a real person in that role then why not someone who really looked like the son of Han and Leia.

That point aside, its ALWAYS important to cast someone who can actually act, and that he did not.

His screentime with the mask on wasnt that bad, but with it off he just lost everything. There was no tone or passion in his speech, just line reading.

He's probably the worse Ive seen in the series after Hayden Christensen.
>>
>>64204435
she looks like a fucking bulldog
>>
>>64203956
>le adam driver is ugly ewwww Dx meme
Cancer
>>
File: 1418606726523.jpg (37 KB, 600x519) Image search: [Google]
1418606726523.jpg
37 KB, 600x519
>>64204342
hello reddit
>>
>>64203956
The storm trooper guy who yelled traitor would have been a thousand times better to be casted as kylo ren.
>>
>>64204511
That was pretty funny actually. I think the movie had a good balance of funny moments.
>>
>>64204521
>its ALWAYS important to cast someone who can actually act, and that he did not.
Jesus dude, you have terrible taste. Even the reviews that malign the film concede that Driver gave the best performance in it. He was spectacular.
>>
>>64204511
>>64204597
>tfw they died in the planet implosion
So many janitors and chefs and garbage men and doctors died too.
>>
>>64203997

Driver is actually a good actor. All the others, meh. Even Isaac didn't get the role properly and broke immersion.
>>
is it even possible for someone to be uglier than boyega?
>>
File: AnnHiro.jpg (11 KB, 216x288) Image search: [Google]
AnnHiro.jpg
11 KB, 216x288
>>64204534
>le thinking his uglyness had anything to do with the post meme
>le proving youre an autist who cant see past that reactionary meme meme
>le fuck off back to reddit meme
>>
>>64204662
I had problems with the movie, but other than a couple moments from Finn and Rey, I thought the acting was its strong suit
>>
>>64204081
Yeah you better stand at parade rest for me, faggot.
>>
File: 1451277362755.jpg (39 KB, 500x513) Image search: [Google]
1451277362755.jpg
39 KB, 500x513
I thought he did a pretty good job as Kylo Ren. He wasn't even that ugly. I thought he looked kinda elegant even.
>>
I can understand not liking the character but Driver's acting was one of the best parts of the film.
>>
>>64204081
She looks much older than he does. Is she in her 40s?
>>
>>64203956
he was ok, but the movie in general was poor. It was simply stupid.
>>
>>64204618
I respectfully disagree. I should have specified that Im being critical to his screentime where he had his mask off and was conversing with other cast members.

Take the interigation of Rey for instance. He sounded like he had so flair in his voice, like he wasnt even in the room, just like he was looking at a greenscreen and reading his lines of a telescreen or something.

Every other actor gave a convincing performance that they were part of that universe, but I personally felt like Driver contributed very little in terms of his actual acting.

It has nothing to do with the way he looked, even though that said he strikes me as a weird choice for the son of Han and Leia.
>>
>>64204538
F O O T C L I N I C
O
O
T

C
L
I
N
I
C
>>
>>64203956
Look at Bruce Willis' and Demi Moore's daughter. Sometimes a kid gets the worst features from a handsome parent exaggerated and turns out ugly.
>>
>>64204903
I guess it's all subjective, but I felt like he had an air of calmness to his voice that clashed interestingly with his tantrums. He's more creepy than intimidating, which I think Adam pulled off really well after he took off his mask
>>
>>64204216
Actually lots of people thought Luke and Leia were not very attractive at the time. The only one that was generally considered handsome was Han.
>>
>>64204871
dunno, they were in the same class at julliard
>>
His delivery of the lines and the way he stomped round the set was awesome. He's just fuck ugly. His emo teen hair ruined the impact, but without the hair he has gigantic ears.

I expected some cyborg implants or hideous scarring, but it's obvious he's going to have a redemption arc where he dies a hero or goes full light side, so they can't ugly him up too much.
>>
>>64203990
>us
fuck you, I'm actually a pretty boy
>>
I like driver because he's not a Manlet like the rest of the cast
>>
>>64205159
Luke is ridiculously pretty, you retard
>>
Thought it was a great choice, was skeptical when my buddy told me it was the guy from Girls but he fit perfectly for the role.
>>
Why is his voice so good?
>>
UGLY WARS
G
L
Y

W
A
R
S
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.