[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Solaris
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: solaris.jpg (112 KB, 610x850) Image search: [Google]
solaris.jpg
112 KB, 610x850
So I just watched pick related. I really liked the message of the movie and what it was trying to say. With that being said, what was with the ridiculous long pans and takes? It seemed almost comically long unless all of it went right over my head.
>>
>>64199979
Well it's kind of two fold. It did go over your head in a sense, but in another it didn't. Tarkosvky notoriously claimed to add long, seemingly-drawn-out scenes so that those without the patience or mental fortitude would leave during the screening. It was to weed out dedicated viewers. However, it also works in the film, so it's not just a, "fuck you", from Tark.
>>
How is the old one compared to the new one (2012)? I've only seen the new one.
>>
File: AT_001.jpg (152 KB, 1472x1130) Image search: [Google]
AT_001.jpg
152 KB, 1472x1130
S C U L P T I N G

I N

T I M E
>>
>>64199979
>what was with the ridiculous long pans and takes?
they look pretty
>>
This is the best film version
By a LONG way
>>
I only read the book, it was amazing
>>
>>64199979
Probably most accessible Tarkovsky's besides Andrei Rublev

OP is a massive turbo pleb
>>
File: tark.jpg (326 KB, 490x751) Image search: [Google]
tark.jpg
326 KB, 490x751
Read Tarkovsky's book "Sculpting in Time". He explains his beliefs of cinema and the use of time in his films.
>>
>>64200261
the remake is an abomination.
>>
Lem hated the films because the novel is really about the alien entity and the impossibility of communication between beings who have no common experience/existence.

The films went straight for the romantic angle.

Tarkovsky's film is fucking genius though, in it's own way.
>>
>>64199979
The American version is better.

Yeah, really.
>>
>>64199979
You are used to short scenes, quick cuts and shakey cam.
Its not your fault you've been visually raped by the age you find yourself in.
>>
>>64199979

You'll definitely get called a pleb because you don't like Tarkovsky's hack directing style, it's a good movie but the pacing is atrocious, nobody can defend the driving bit
>>
>>64200625
Lem is a hack

t. a pole
>>
The driving bit takes place during the space trip to Solaris, at near the speed of light.

It's about Time Dilation and how the experience of time is often subjective.

It's a metaphor for relativity. A relatively short drive through Toyko takes on an epic journey quality when shot like this.
>>
>>64200341
reading this now
>>
>>64200341
D E L E U Z E
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.