[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is boba so popular? i get that he looks cool, but so do a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: BobaFettMain2.jpg (466 KB, 688x994) Image search: [Google]
BobaFettMain2.jpg
466 KB, 688x994
why is boba so popular? i get that he looks cool, but so do a lot of other star wars characters. he just stands around doing nothing for the most part. jango does more than him and had a cool death whereas boba just fell into a sarlacc. even young boba had far more character development in AOTC than adult boba in the OT.
>>
People like him because they feel compelled to, like The Godfather.

If he'd made his first appearance in TFA Boba would be considered as a shitty meme character
>>
Why did you put a spoiler tag for a movie that came out 32 years ago?
>>
jango wasn't cool at all

and character "development" != character

bubba fett doesn't need character development or some moral arc
>>
>>64198683
I never saw ROTJ, so i'm happy he used the tags.
>>
Because he's a bounty hunter that doesn't take any shit from Vader.
>>
>>64198884
You wouldn't know he was talking about the ROTJ unless you looked at his spoiler and knew it was from the same movie.

Fuck off Reddit
>>
File: Boba.jpg (184 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Boba.jpg
184 KB, 1600x1200
>>64198560
>Unironically asking this question
He has probably the coolest armor in the OT next to Vader and he carried himself like a professional badass.

This shit isn't too hard to figure out.

The second reason is that he was fleshed out more in other material, particularly books, comics and videogames where he could kick ass on the regular.
>NON CANNON NON CANNON REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It used to be, and that's part of what made him popular.
>>
>>64200461
The books were never canon.

Only the films and statements made by George Lucas were canon.
>>
>>64198560
Jango was just a repaint of Boba. There was nothing cool about him.
>>
>>64198560
>why is boba so popular?
The audience thought he was white.
>>
>>64200847
They were. They were licensed, approved, and under the star wars name. There's also plenty of star wars visual media that had nothing to do with Lucas but was approved and is canon, like the tv shows and the new episode 7.
>>
>>64200847

He's literally referred to as the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy in Disney's canon comics.
>>
>>64198560
the reason is because he has no story. he is mysterious and therefore a badass assassin. They like almost ruined it by adding the ridiculous AotC storyline with the jango backstory. The best part was the mystery and they took that away to make a retarded movie
>>
>>64198560
>Jango
>hire another assassin to do the job for him
>kill him with a dart produced on just one planet in the universe that also happens to be his base and heart of bad guy's plan

Cool? More like retarded.
>>
>>64198560
>i get that he looks cool
That's literally it.
>>
>>64200847
The fact remains that just because material wasn't officially cannon, it does not mean that it never existed no matter how much /tv/ wishes it were so.

Boba was made popular though his portrayal in the movies as well as other material. It just seems really stupid that people don't get why Boba Fett is so damn popular, its honestly almost meme level retarded.

This is coming from a guy who doesn't even love Boba as much as others apparently do.
>>
File: 1440973805754.gif (702 KB, 193x298) Image search: [Google]
1440973805754.gif
702 KB, 193x298
>>64198560
>everyone
>FUCKING EVERYONE
>complains about him just falling in the sand vagina and not really doing that much
>TFA has basically the same thing happen to phasma
At least she'll show up in the next one but still fuck
>>
>>64198560
It's funny how he became so hated in recent years because everyone noticed how ridiculously overhyped he is.

I never touched the EU but I imagine he got a lot of fans from that.

I'm not his biggest fan, but he was a memorable part of Empire for me for a few reasons.
-Firstly, great armor design, obviously. It has a history, unknown symbols and trophies are displayed on it. It's damaged, seen some shit.
-Jason Wingreen's voice is great.
-I never got the impression that Vader spoke to him "as an equal" like some people do, but it was cool seeing somebody talk back to him.
-He just carries himself in a cool way, can't remember who said he moved like Clint Eastwood, but that's about right. It really contrasts with the how the Stormtroopers all move the same.
>>
>>64200921
Nope. True canon were the films and only the films.
>>
>>64201239
>gets held up
>doesn't even struggle
>does everything they ask her to do
phasma is so shit tier it hurts. a real elite would take a blast to the dome if it meant dying to protect the cause.
>>
>>64201045
The villains in star wars are always retarded. Thats the point.
>>
>>64200983
It's the same reason the Clone Wars sounds cool when mentioned in ANH, but was retarded when actually defined in the prequel trilogy. It works better as a concept or an idea than something that's actually developed and defined.
>>
>>64201982
but hey the Empire can keep making giant ass space stations and bigger and better who cares if gets destroyed not worth your life over. She'll prolly even get a commendation for moving plans along for Death Star 4.0. right guys? lol
>>
>Muh eu isn't canon anymore. An hero pls desu senpai
>>
DEADPOOL VS BOBA FETT RAP BATTLE!!!FACT!!!
https://youtu.be/g708PmJAbuI
>>
Rule of cool; he has a jetpack so people like him
>>
Well he had better characterization than most characters in the franchise

I mean when he flirted with those twi'leks it portrayed some confidence or whatever.
>>
File: 1443027215164.jpg (33 KB, 500x636) Image search: [Google]
1443027215164.jpg
33 KB, 500x636
>>64203405
> RotJ SE
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.