[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This has to be one of the worst films I've ever seen. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: a.jpg (107 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
107 KB, 800x1200
This has to be one of the worst films I've ever seen. It's literally pandering to edgy teenagers.
>>
>>64197003
it's got some serious metaphors and meaning. If you get them, understand them, and appreciate them, THEN will it become a gr8 film for you. I had to watch it 3 times too
>>
>>64197358
OR read the book as well
>>
>>64197003
It's edgy as fuck, but I'm sure we'll get a good crop of 3deep5u replies.
>>
glad I watched it when I was a teenager
>>
>>64197003
The funny thing is that Kubrick wanted people to hate Alex, he was supposed to be a "villain", some guy you want to see dead. But instead edgelord teenagers love him and love this flick for its edgyness.

Poor Stanley.
>>
>>64197398
>read the book
>and ignore the last chapter where Burgess pussies out of committing to his own story's logical conclusion

fixed
>>
File: 1405184040540.jpg (269 KB, 500x636) Image search: [Google]
1405184040540.jpg
269 KB, 500x636
Why do girls pretend to like A Clockwork Orange?
>>
>>64197535
Kubrick also wanted The Marines to be a villain in FMJ, but R Lee made it the role of a lifetime and boosted their recruitment.
>>
>>64197588
They just want the old in-out
>>
>>64197607
That they do, me droog
>>
>>64197535
he knew exactly what he was doing, but he was referring to the intellectual part of the audience not the edgy teenagers who are going to see a character who fucks a lot of women as awesome irrespective of anything else about them.

getting mass audiences to hate a character just requires depicting them as weak, but Kubrick had more complex intentions.
>>
>>64197003
>It's literally pandering to edgy teenagers.
Nice job completely missing the point of the movie.
>>
>>64197398
The book was kinda meh, I don't think it would have been immortalized without the movie. It was very simple, almost like a parable. It's not like there were any super deep themes under the surface either, just some shit about free will and big government.

Source: English major (don't hate)
>>
>>64197701
>le2deep4u

everytime
>>
>>64197450
It's unarguably edgy but OP is an idiot that doesn't understand what Kubrick was trying to say. He's no better than the edgelords that think Alex is awesome.
>>
>>64197773
Everytime you open your stupid mouth?
>>
>>64197568
>confirmed ameribong didn't understand the book
>>
>>64197773
See
>>64197535
>>64197699
>>
>>64197773
>my interpretation of things is infallible and I couldn't be just another idiot
>>
>>64197764
>English major

What's working at Starbucks like?
>>
>>64197773
Do you only watch capeshit? Are you seriously too stupid to realize that films can have tons of different interpretations?
>>
>>64197801
I'm never surprised when people don't follow the point of the movie though - especially in North America. It's not that people are dumb, it's just that we're so used to the edgy antihero that people automatically try and slot Alex into the same category, or assume that was what Kubrick wanted and get angry about it.
>>
>>64197764
>I don't think it would have been immortalized without the movie.
>It was very simple, almost like a parable.

Absolutely, still an enjoyable read, the nadsat is a fun stylistic device.

>Source: English major (don't hate)

My condolences.
>>
>>64197568
> that was added in re-releases
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.