[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Dumbest scene in movie history. How can anyone watch this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: dghfgfd1hgdft.jpg (23 KB, 853x353) Image search: [Google]
dghfgfd1hgdft.jpg
23 KB, 853x353
>Dumbest scene in movie history.

How can anyone watch this without wanting to punch David Goyer in the face?
>>
because it makes plenty of sense it's just not executed well enough
>>
>>64193059
How does it make sense? How is a dogs life more valuable then the dads
>>
Immortal offspring, cease your progression
>>
>>64193197
>How is a dogs life more valuable then the dads
is that what you got from this scene?
>>
It was an ok scene that plebs can't come to terms with
>>
Superb gentleman, wait for the green light before crossing
>>
>>64193197
It was about his sons life (and his sons peace) being more valuable to him. I can't believe this has to be explained. It was just a bad execution of the idea.
>>
>>64193039
Because some people are stupid enough to think that transformers -style explosions and destruction is a valid substitute for good writing, well-executed action, believable actors, mood and style because "It's just a superhero movie, i just want to see some action"
>>
>>64193349
I swear capeshit fans on /tv/ are drooling retards, they can't even understand simple capeshit movies.
>>
>>64193039

It didn't bother me as much as others. The whole point with the "... maybe?" scene and that tornado one was that Clark wasn't ready to deal with the fallout of exposing his power to the rest of the world. The world probably wasn't ready either.

You know what happened as soon as he did step out as Superman? They tried to track him 24/7 with a drone. Had the government and army found out before then they would have tried to snatch him and weaponise him at best, experiment on him at worst.

Those scenes weren't about Pa Kent telling Clark to never ever use his powers to do the right thing, just that there would be consequences to doing so and he needed to chose the right moment.
>>
>>64193266
How is anything about this scene acceptable as competent writing?
>>
>>64193428
>Heh capeshit is stupid heh
>WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THIS SCENE IN A CAPESHIT MOVIE??
>>
>>64193521
Well, isn't that this thread? Retards who can't understand a simple movie
>>
>>64193252
What else is there? It's not like running moderately fast and grabbing his dad would out Clark as an alien super child. Dumb luck bullshit happens all the time in tornado country. Shit, people get hit by fucking lightning and nobody calls the cops thinking they're invincible flying aliens.

also fuck an underpass is literally the worst place to hide in the event of a tornado how the bloody fuck did they manage to miss this when researching all the tornado shit for the cgi artists to render
>>
I've been hoping that the Star Wars posts were mostly ironic shitposting, but this thread is convincing me otherwise. Stop talking about this terrible movie.
>>
Pa Kent was able to go and let the dog out and then turn araround and stand there for about 10 seconds. He probably could have made it back if he didn't get stuck. If an old man could do that then a fit young man like Clark would have easily been able to do it without using his powers.
>>
>>64193558
No, it's about retards who like this shitty movie
>>
>>64193640
Only retards I'm seeing are the ones confused about it
>>
Scene straight up ruined my enjoyment of the movie.

if I watch again I'll have to skip over
>>
>>64193575
>Guy running at superhuman speeds to save someone's life is the same as getting hit by lightning
>>
Havent seen the movie but why couldnt superman just save the dog himself?
>>
>>64193558
Stop watching capeshit dumbass.
>>
>>64193266
Fuck off Snyder, you are not welcome here.
>>
>>64193717
>superhuman speeds

He could have jogged over there in the time it took for Pa Kent to pose dramatically and exchange meaningful glances of regret and determination. It's not like he was on the other side of the planet.

Fuck, this scene would make more sense if Pa Kent was getting crushed by a boulder or something equally stupid. At least then it'd take a superhuman feat to prevent.
>>
>>64193879
that's incorrect though
>>
>>64193497
Its not like there was reporters or anyone of note there. He could have taken the whole family and the car and vanished with nary a trace. Its bad execution, even if you can see what its trying to do.
>>
>>64193963
Seriously there's literally a fucking tornado happening. That shit regularly picks up shit and puts it down miles away with only cosmetic damage.
>>
>>64194030
and?
>>
>>64193963
>He could have taken the whole family and the car and vanished with nary a trace
could he? wasn't he a n00b who gets knocked out by oil rigs at this point?
given the non-chronological narrative they used there, I could see why some confused audiences still think that clark already has all his powers at that point, but actually, at that point, clark was just a weak shit who didn't know what he was capable of.
>>
>>64194114
He was far weaker than the oil rig scene, there's a good few years between those two scenes and even then he still can't do much.
>>
Why does Snyder think that Clark. a young athletic man, saving a small animal from a tornado would be too unbelievable other people?

Also, a pet owner stupidly forgetting their dog in the midst of an obvious disaster is one of the most contrived and generic movie setups.
>>
>>64194230
yeah, I'd trade in that little girl for the dog, too.
>>
>>64194064
And no one would think twice if he got sucked up in the tornado with his dad and miraculously survived. Hell the worst that could happen would be making the local morning news.
>>
File: 1446661945914.jpg (69 KB, 562x530) Image search: [Google]
1446661945914.jpg
69 KB, 562x530
>>64194436
my god
>>
>>64194476
Nigger it happens. Read a damn book.
>>
>>64194153
/thread
>>
>>64194616
Which book?
>>
>>64194672
Google.
>>
File: diversity-vs-racism.png (413 KB, 979x403) Image search: [Google]
diversity-vs-racism.png
413 KB, 979x403
>>64193039
>david goyer
>goyer
>goyim
>>
>>64193879
>He could have jogged over there in the time it took for Pa Kent to pose dramatically and exchange meaningful glances of regret and determination.

So, you didn't actually see the movie?
>>
>>64195691
most people that shit on it saw it once 3 years ago and were retarded to begin with
>>
File: xhghjtvbfdtkf2n3oqfv.jpg (57 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
xhghjtvbfdtkf2n3oqfv.jpg
57 KB, 600x300
As someone who loves cars this entire first race was just painful.
>>
>>64193197
Jonathan wanted Clark to protect his mom instead of worrying about the dog. So Jonathan went to save the dog himself. When he got hurt, Clark was ready to come save him. But Jonathan didn't want the world to know what he was yet because he didn't feel Clark was ready for that. That's why he held up his hand.

It's all pretty much explained in the movie if you pay attention.
>>
>>64195691

> Hurr durr he can run100 yards in 2 seconds before the tornado hits and no one will notice lol

Retards in /TV in a nutshell.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.