[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"STAR TREK" OR "STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Can't Dismay the J.J..jpg (89 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Can't Dismay the J.J..jpg
89 KB, 630x420
Which one did J.J. pull off the best?
>>
>>64188366
Wars
>>
>>64188366

Star Wars, but I thought the first Star Trek remake was bretty gud too
>>
Theyre all bad and equally disrespectful of their franchises. Fuck JJ. Mans a hack
>>
Yeah he should shoot himself.
>>
>>64188540
>>64188807
I agree.
If I had to choose though, Star Trek was a better movie
>>
>>64188366
Star Wars was weak, refurbished/repackaged Episode IV, uncreative, and hamfisted. The Han scene with the monsters was felt like marvel. The new emperor looking guys was a stone copy of Guardians of the Galaxies' Thanos scene.

The first Star Trek movie was decent, especially the opening scene. However, Star Trek is about humanitarian explorers in space... Abrams has turned it into a quick comedy jacked up with action scenes. It's completely lost its philosophical and humanistic touch that made Star Trek so beloved by fans.

In my opinion, it's a shitty time to have been born and raised with such memorable films and harbor a deep appreciation for them. Now, it's just a bunch of fast paced smoke and mirrors.

I'm genuinely done with Star Wars, I won't be going to see the next one. Perhaps I've grown out of it, but I like to think it's just going off in a bad direction.
>>
J.J. made a new star trek and star wars?
I thought he just made remastered versions of Star Trek 1979, Star Trek: Rath of Kahn, and Star Wars IV: A New Hope.
>>
>>64189160
/thread
>>
Neither, because they're both for FUCKING NERDS

HAH, BEAT IT, YOU DWEEBS
>>
File: 1436436053738.jpg (40 KB, 344x517) Image search: [Google]
1436436053738.jpg
40 KB, 344x517
I cannot know for sure, cause me like more then 80% of this board is on the Star Wars Hype Train. You should ask this in about 6 months

If I had to say right now I would say Star Wars, but I really liked Star Trek too...
>>
They were both retarded
>>
He essentially made a wannabe Star Wars movies and then an actual, good one.
>>
>>64189160
You should watch Star Trek: The Motion Picture before claiming that statement.
>>
>>64188366
STAR TREK

much much better, even Into Darkess was better than the farce awakens
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.