[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that the dust has settled and it turned out to be great,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: Episode_VIII_Logo_Cropped.jpg (95 KB, 398x224) Image search: [Google]
Episode_VIII_Logo_Cropped.jpg
95 KB, 398x224
So now that the dust has settled and it turned out to be great, what are you expecting from the next episode?
>>
a glib facsimile
>>
something that redeems episode 7 and gives me hope for 9
>>
More shit. Keep on schilling Disney employees!
>>
File: 1450259833471.jpg (91 KB, 600x751) Image search: [Google]
1450259833471.jpg
91 KB, 600x751
UNJUST Hamill.
>>
Empire Strikes Back with a new coat of paint.
>>
Some actual meme worthy content for fucks sake.
>>
some sort of explanation of whats actually going on
things for everyone else who isnt rey to do
fun and better pacing
>>
I was taught you always use the least charaters when writing Roman Numerals so 8 would be IIX instead of VIII.

Im sure that im wrong just what we were told in school
>>
>>64185643
>implying TR-8R isn't in the running for meme of the year
>>
>>64185676
Yer school sucked. Public?
>>
File: 1451046967558.jpg (122 KB, 1280x508) Image search: [Google]
1451046967558.jpg
122 KB, 1280x508
>>64185617
He's my weight loss inspiration right now
>>
File: 1450261642658.jpg (131 KB, 638x714) Image search: [Google]
1450261642658.jpg
131 KB, 638x714
>>64185693
As it should be.
>>
>>64185686
well take the tdkr opening scene
its pretty fucking terrible and easy to be made fun of so it makes for a good meme
but tr-8r? there is nothing wrong with his characters, and giving stormtroopers some character was one of the few good things about tfa. i predict it will not survive long
t. meme scientist man
>>
>>64185686
Not really familily member. You cant really use it in anyway except posting a single pic and saying traitor. Nowhere near as flexible as Baneposting, Pepes and similar shit. Traitor will die pretty soon.
>>
File: 1451291487686.jpg (333 KB, 678x703) Image search: [Google]
1451291487686.jpg
333 KB, 678x703
The biggest audience to be pandered to
>>
>>64185622
Please let this happen

It would be glorious on so many levels
>>
>>64185549
you know that's a loaded question
>>
>>64185549
>it turned out to be great
but it was the worst movie I've ever seen
it was literally ANH but worse

can anyone explain why they like this movie?
>>
>>64185549

>Rey is getting trained by Luke
>Phasma seeks to kill Finn for throwing her in the trash compactor
>Poe and Finn doing bro shit
>Maybe fuck
>Somebody may die
>Lando is there
>Kylo is roboted the fuck out to be like Vader
>>
An even bigger Death Star
>>
>>64185825
If you put your /teevee/ autism aside and just enjoy the movie for what it is, A FUCKING MOVIE, it's very good.
>>
>>64185909
>just turn your brain off! :^)

You reddit fucks never had it turned on.
>>
>>64185957
I don't use reditt, it's degenerate.
>>
>>64185909
>it's very good
It was fucking terrible. What was good about it?
>unstoppable heroine who can do no wrong does everything Luke did in 3 movies in 30 minutes
>meaningless side characters
>Han for no reason other than to put him on a poster to get more old fans in seats
>villain raped by protag, made out to be an all-talk little beta bitch, yeah real intimidated by him now!
>a fucking 2D dotted line MAP when you can move through space in 3 dimensions, all Luke would have needed to leave is the name of the planet he was on
Fuck, I don't know. I could go on. I heard Star Wars music and Harrison Ford was in it, but fuck me if that wasn't below prequel tier. Absolutely disgusting 2/10.

Even if Star Wars didn't exist and this movie was the first of its ilk, it would be in the same category as Divergent or Hunger Games i.e. feces.
>>
>>64185995
>unstoppable heroine who can do no wrong does everything Luke did in 3 movies in 30 minutes

Luke was a stubborn dummy who never believed he could use the force and rarely tried to do anything with it without being berated by either Obi-Wan or Yoda.

>meaningless side characters
Pretty much every character that got any focus was important to the plot at some point.
-Without Max von Sydow they don't get the piece of Luke map that drives the conflict for much of the story.
-Without Poe Finn doesn't get a chance to defect.
-Without Orange Midget there's no Lukes lightsaber and no contact with the resistance and all the main cast dies.
-Without Chrome Trooper they don't shut down the forcefield protecting Death Star mrk 3

>Han for no reason other than to put him on a poster to get more old fans in seats
Yeah the old cast were there to bring people in but it's not like he's not important to the story. You can't take him out without having to completely change what Kylo Ren is all about.

>villain raped by protag, made out to be an all-talk little beta bitch, yeah real intimidated by him now!
He's not the main villain, Snoke is. They're clearly setting him up for a Vader turn back to the light by the third film.

>a fucking 2D dotted line MAP when you can move through space in 3 dimensions, all Luke would have needed to leave is the name of the planet he was on
Star Wars tends to be very lazy about scientific accuracy but this one isn't much of any issue. It was clearly a map of a spiral galaxy where almost all the stars and matter is arranged in a pretty flat disc (on a cosmic scale).

Force Awakens is competently made but clearly a manufactured product. It shameless borrows elements from the successful Star Wars films to the point that it feels more like a remake of A New Hope than it's own film that doesn't do anything really creative or challenging killing Han was the most boring and obvious shocker moment they could have gone with.
>>
>>64185968
>>64185957
nothing wrong with reddit you fags
>>
I see the following things happening:
>Lots of Mark Hamill. Maybe slightly less screen time than Harrison Ford had in the last one.
>Rey beginning her Jedi training but being a difficult student to work with because she's arrogant and passes off all of Luke's teachings as just common sense
>Rey possibly turning to the dark side, but not until near the end during some kind of unexpected confrontation/conversation with Snoke
>Poe and Finn having awesome adventures flying X-Wings and doing Resistance stuff
>Poe is a fucking player and tries to get Finn some action, but he's too concerned about Rey and what she's been up to
>Finn and Rey spend most of the story apart. Rey doesn't give a fuck. Finn does.
>Billy Dee Williams will appear somewhere. Maybe runs a factory/mine/whatever on a planet with a Resistance base on it.
>Benicio Del Toro's character will be involved in a plot to lure Rey into some kind of trap so that she can have her unexpected meeting with Snoke.
>Finn will find out about this and try to save her, but fail. She won't die, but Snoke will succeed in seducing Rey seducing Rey... fuck, that's hot to the dark side
>Finn will probably kill Benicio Del Toro's character. Maybe with Poe's help.
>The last phase of Kylo Ren's "training" will be to have a lightsaber duel with Rey and get fucking murdered so that Rey can replace him as Snoke's new apprentice.
>Kylo Ren says fuck that and ditches Snoke
>Kylo Ren may have another lightsaber duel with Rey anyway, just so we can have a lightsaber duel in the movie, but neither character will die.
>>
File: Eversor_CUNT_PUNT.png (200 KB, 704x645) Image search: [Google]
Eversor_CUNT_PUNT.png
200 KB, 704x645
>>64186639
>no u
>>
>>64185716
Is that Meatloaf?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.