[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So if it took them like 20 years to construct the first Deathstar,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3
File: DeathStar2.jpg (57 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
DeathStar2.jpg
57 KB, 480x480
So if it took them like 20 years to construct the first Deathstar, how the fuck did they get the 2nd Deathstar half-built in the time between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi? Or did the Empire just construct that shit a few years before A New Hope? What the fuck
>>
>>64184648
Substandard Chinese workers.
>>
Completely different technology is involved.
>>
>>64184648
Who cares,it's just a movie for kids.
>>
>>64184648
They must've started building it during empire or before empire took place. It must've been hollow in a lot of places and they probably rush job'd a lot of it because sheev was pissed
>>
First Deathstar was built with no rush, second one was churned out as quickly as possible in response to the renewed threat of the rebellion.
>>
>>64184648
Why even make it so big

They clearly demonstrated that they don't need the full Death Star to fire the beam

Why not just make the disk
>>
>>64184648
FUCK!
OFF!
>>
it was already in production
>>
they built the weapon into an existing planet. did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>64184703
Yeah, you could even put it on a planet or something.
>>
they were building multiple you dumb fuck

who the hell builds ONE nuclear missile? what are you gonna do with one?
>>
honestly if they got that much metal lying around why not just build a billion ships and have droids pilot them
>>
>>64184648

Isn't it the same Death Star? Just that the death star underwent extreme damage leaving it crippled like that?
>>
File: george-lucas.jpg (13 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
george-lucas.jpg
13 KB, 214x317
the same reason jabba was poorly CGI'd into A New Hope
>>
>>64184673
A lot of adults watch it
>>
>>64184648
honestly they probably has several prototypes in those 20 years before they got the first one working. Once they made one that worked, well, it didn't take them long to make another.
>>
>>64184725
wait what

>>64184775
no, Death Star 2 is biger
>>
>>64184648

Same reason it took nearly 15 years to develop and get the F-22 in service and now they're literally rolling of the production line in a few months.
>>
>>64184748
Hence Starkiller base
>>
>>64184925
so they built death star mass production factories? How long does it take to build a factory that can mass produce death stars? Would it have its own gravity field? Where are they anyway
>>
>>64184648
>it took them like 20 years to construct the first Deathstar

[citation needed]
Anyway, the second Deathstar is clearly unfinished and unpolished. The big laser works but who knows about the rest.
>>
>>64185003

In a proto-type or first run, you literally have to build and design molds and test every system.

Once you do that, you have things in place already for quicker construction.
>>
>>64184925
>F-22
>>
>>64184673
This is exactly the attitude that led to today's state of cinema
>>
>>64184925
You're thinking of the F-35 which is considered a fucking disgrace by any American in the aerospace industry.
>>
>>64185094

No, I literally mean the F-22 Raptor.
>>
>>64185036
The plans were in ep 2 and it was a skeleton at the end of 3? Do people in these threads even watch star wars?
>>
>>64185103
They stopped producing those because democrats don't understand how cost works.
>>
>>64184648

starkiller was just a big trench dug in a planet with a gun put in it
>>
>>64185162
It was more than jist a big trench m8. They retrofitted the planets very fucking core. Even by star wars standards, starkiller is fucking stupid.
>>
>>64185216
Naboo doesn't have a molten core. It's just water all the way through.
>>
>>64185239
And even if this had that, they still retrofitted it into a sun containment unit. Its pants on head. At least the death stsr was basically just a fancy turbo laser.
>>
>>64184799
>new hope
>poor cgi
>lucasposting

IF I TAKE OFF THAT MASK, WOULD YOU STILL BREATH LIKE A FUCKING PIPE?
>>
>>64184671
>needing workers when you have droids
You're some advanced idiot, never change.
>>
>>64185115
>Do people in these threads even watch star wars?
They just parrot and post memes.
>>
>>64184673
>who cares, it's just a book for kids
>who cares, it's just food for kids
>who cares, it's just video game (which is always for kids)
>>
I can't wait to see how much bigger the next Death Star is than the previous 3. I sure do love that this has now been the plot of 3 of the films.
>>
>>64185833
Nobody's forcing you to be here, big guy.
>>
>>64185889
You know kids, they're all pink on the inside.
>>
>>64185941
this is a legitimate gripe. More than anything of the other problems with the movie, this felt so cheap to me. Like why even try to do something the least bit original when we can just repackage the trench run and another SON PLZ, DAD NO moment. Such a letdown.
>>
The empire became a complete totalitarian regime in Ep 4 with the abolition of the senate, and as such after that point they could build whatever they wanted as quickly as they wanted.
>>
>>64185941
Episode 9 will involve a hollowed out star.
>>
>>64186104
Its literally a device that fires a sun at shit, its not a weapon, its a sun bowling ball.

Fucking screenshot this and tell me it isn't when the movie comes out I have the script in front of me.
>>
>>64184648
Two conclusions imo:
>it was being built while the Empire was still in power
>It was some ancient tech that was rediscovered and rebuilt

Better question:
How the fuck did they have the manpower to restructure a planet into a weapon, and how the fuck did they manage to keep a planet-sized weapon a secret from the new Republic? At least it was excusible with the previous two death stars, it's not the rest of the galaxy could do anything about them, considering that they were overruled by the Empire for the time being.
>>
>>64185941
I felt a strong urge to walk out when Harrison Ford jokingly said "there's always a way to blow it up"

That was when I knew I had been played for a fool. I have never felt like more of an idiot as I did sitting in the theatre at that moment.
>>
>>64184648

They built the first Death Star using plans from the bug aliens in EP2, which was the first massive project of its kind.

They built the second Death Star as an updated version using contractors, wookie slaves, and whatever labor slaves they could find on Endor.

They built the Starkiller as an experiment based on the principles of operation behind the Death Star main gun and it worked to great effect. The Starkiller was probably was proof of concept project and we'll probably see a galaxy gun in EP9.
>>
>>64184648
Because the end DS is mostly a shell, about 70% of it is hollow, the weapon was build and functional, as is the power generator but that's pretty much it. Most of it's not even started.

And even if this wasn't true, the first deathstart was built slower because who was around to annoy the empire between III and IV? But after it got destroyed the empire had to rush built the 2nd because they had a huge blow dealt to them and needed to appear that this wasn't the case. Stop being a dicklord and actually think for once.
>>
>>64185115
>episode 2 and 3
>taking any basis from PT

It took 20 years because Lucas is a hack and couldn't maintain consistency between OT and PT, there is no other answer. Trying to explain anything in the OT or asking why something works like that in the OT when it didn't in the PT is pointless.
>>
Because starwars lore is and always has been a halfarsed crock of shit. It was never meant to be as big as it has become or be discussed in length in any meaningful way. This is why the many questions you have rolligng around in your head will never be answered and its all because a giant autistic manbaby called george lucus
>>
File: GG no re.webm (3 MB, 962x542) Image search: [Google]
GG no re.webm
3 MB, 962x542
>>64185941
>I'm getting really bored of this Cold War plotline. I mean, do they seriously expect us to believe that they just kept building the same weapon over and over again for almost 60 years? Fucking unrealistic as shit.
>>
>>64184648
Why don't they just build the concave laser part? whats with all the rooms and fucking stormtroopers that need to be on that thing
>>
>>64184648
>how the fuck did they get the 2nd Deathstar half-built in the time between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi?

it was built into a planet. they didn't build the entire thing.
>>
>>64186652
uhhhhhhh, no that was the starkiller m80
>>
>>64186644
maybe they use it as a base of operations too
>>
>>64185767
>implying cheap Chinese labour isn't basically just that
>>
>>64186672
fuck man, my bad. I thought OP was talking about star killer base
>>
>>64186888
Easy mistake to make, its all the same shit.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.