[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in the process of watching all the Star Wars for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
I'm in the process of watching all the Star Wars for the first time. How retarded am I for watching it in this order; IV, V, I, II, III, VI. Right now I just finished attack of the clones and am about to start revenge of the sith.

Also, just watching through these, I'm pretty surprised at how different the movies are from what I expected / what I've heard about them. Mainly, I don't find the prequels to that far off from the originals. I liked A New Hope the best, but even that movie seemed way more subtle and simple than I expected. All this sperging out I here over lore and retarded details, I thought these movies were full of ridiculous world building and power levels, but it's really just an autistic fanbase getting obsessed with something for the sake of having something to obsess over. Theyre not that different from POTC movies.

I didnt really like Empire Strikes Back. It seemed really thin once it got to Yoda / Jedi training and the plot focused on a lot of time on pointless dumb shit. The ending was mostly good, but it's pretty numb now that it's been parodied to death.

Episodes I and II have definitely been more retarded, and way more geared towards kiddies, but it's not like they are that different from the originals. The CGI is mostly shit, but just looking at the opening scene of III, it got way way better. And Lucas definitely is not good with bringing details together, resulting in a lot of retarded sequences and dialogue, but I actually like the overall story. The way the clone wars is set up and ties into the original trilogy is pretty good. I'm just surprised at the general angst and vitriol people have for the original trilogy.

Also, Ewan McJesus is a sexy beast.
>>
>>64181089
>I'm in the process of watching all the Star Wars for the first time.
>Seen every movie already

nigga wat
>>
>>64181144
I haven't watched III or VI yet nigga
>>
Is Hayden even still alive?
>>
>>64181089
> IV, V, I, II, III, VI.
Good order, better if you drop I though, nothing happens in it that matters past the first ten minutes of II
>>
File: force kick.gif (546 KB, 329x272) Image search: [Google]
force kick.gif
546 KB, 329x272
People defend the OT like they are untouchable. The fact is they are all kiddie movies with lots of dumb moments.

The prequels get lots of unjust hate. Stuff like pic related happened all over the OT.
>>
>>64181089
tl;dr people wanted star wars to grow up with them, not be there for the next generation.

I genuinely don't think you could take a kid to see episode 7 as their first star wars, but you could for either episode 1 or 4.
>>
>>64182653
Too late, already watched it. It was basically a 2 hour excuse to say "heres Anakin, he is the child of destiny". Darth maul was cool but really could have been way better
>>
>>64181089
>Ewan McJesus is a sexy beast
Agreed
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 401x367) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 401x367
>>64182883
that was a force kick desu
>>
>>64181089
Pretty solid analysis and a refreshing perspective. I like episode V a lot, but there's also a lot I agree with you on. I think most of people's fascination with it as "the greatest Star Wars film" comes more from its direction, cinematography and overall 'feel' than its story. While Yoda has a lot of amusing / memorable aphorisms to offer and the Vader twist is iconic, ESB has some weird pacing and not a lot actually happens in the narrative compared to the others.
>>
>>64182883
lol why kick if you can vaporize his flesh with a lightsaber which he can't block?
>>
>>64183138
I can see V being the comfiest since it really is thin on plot, then has such a great end fight. The prequels might have had issues, but it definitely wasn't lacking in plot, almost too much convoluted shit is jammed into them. But I do like their overall story
>>
>>64181089
You mean vitriol for the prequel trilogy?
>>
>>64183254
Also agreed. The prequels could have been very good with a competent screenwriter and director. As it stands, they're a solid concept on paper which became an unfortunate mess in execution, but not without its own merits.

>tfw I actually, unironically agree with most of the "vulgar auteur" copypasta
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.