[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of this show?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7
File: Ash-vs-Evil-Dead-Key-Art-700.jpg (1 MB, 700x380) Image search: [Google]
Ash-vs-Evil-Dead-Key-Art-700.jpg
1 MB, 700x380
What does /tv/ think of this show?
>>
I thought it was almost unanimously liked.
>>
>>64179692
So everyone here thought it was complete shit?
>>
>>64180034
He means everyone HERE almost unanimously liked it.
>>
File: 29-ash-vs-evil-dead.w750.h560.2x.jpg (106 KB, 1443x1078) Image search: [Google]
29-ash-vs-evil-dead.w750.h560.2x.jpg
106 KB, 1443x1078
It's lovely.
>>
>>64180440
So everyone else in the world hated it?
>>
File: freddy_jason_ash_1_cvr.jpg (334 KB, 1200x615) Image search: [Google]
freddy_jason_ash_1_cvr.jpg
334 KB, 1200x615
just watched the latest episode. Being such a big fan of the movies, I just have this silly grin on my face when I watch it.
Especially that they are in the cabin now.
>>
>>64180467
Love the show, but they could have atleast looked at a real chainsaw...
>>
File: EbJ8ZkD_gifm.gif (3 MB, 480x300) Image search: [Google]
EbJ8ZkD_gifm.gif
3 MB, 480x300
>>64179260
Sad season 1 is ending so soon. This show could have so easily been completely unwatchable, even with Bruce Campbell - he sure as couldn't save Burn Notice
>>
>>64183605

>autism: the post
>>
File: cool story 9652681.jpg (38 KB, 432x285) Image search: [Google]
cool story 9652681.jpg
38 KB, 432x285
It's pretty _cool_.
>>
>>64183541
fyi
Campbell hates the AoD comics as another company owns the rights and doesn't give him jack shit. Kinda feel bad I had him sign one back before he stopped signing em.
>>
>>64184041
I never implied it wasn't autism, but having a real chain with blades would look more badass then the bicycle chain in the show.
>>
the first few eps were good but it fell off hard 2bh
>>
>>64179260
Pretty good up until that episode with the milita guys in it.

that episode wasn't good. but such is the case so often with shit that comes right before a finale...

I'm sure the finale will be good.
>>
>>64184017
Burn notice was on long enough for what it was.
>>
there are bits i like about it and bits i dont like about it.

Ash is a great character.
>>
Episodes need to be longer, desu. Overall, its dumb as fuck but pretty good.
>>
File: 1347958631581.jpg (314 KB, 1319x979) Image search: [Google]
1347958631581.jpg
314 KB, 1319x979
>>64184180
Oh man, that the sort of shit I would feel terrible for. But hey, not everyone knows that about the comics. I sure didn't.
Cool you meet him thou.
>>
>>64184234
The militia guys episodes were fine. The episodes with the shaman were the bad ones.
>>
>>64185885
Seriously? I just watched the militia episode and it was full of shitty liberal bullshit, like crazy redneck gun owners who aren't rational while team diversity saves the day. Also that forced Ash/Amanda kiss was cringeworthy.
>>
>>64179260
It's great.
>>
>>64185885
>The episodes with the shaman were the bad ones
Wow, get a load of this tasteless degenerate.
>sexy possessed Kelly
>Pablo's uncle is based
>that entire trip sequence
>"BUENA BUENA MEDICINA"
It's like your sense of fun is completely dysfunctional.
>>
>>64186185
Shitty liberal bullshit? Guns literally save the day and the crazy redneck gun owners for the most part weren't even bad guys.
>>
>>64186263
>a whole bunch of standing around, meandering, and doing nothing
>Kelly trying to seduce pablo for no reason. Tries to get him to smoke pot out of a shotgun barrel to shoot him, when she could just shoot him at any time
>overuse of the demon
>one liners so bad that even bruce can't deliver them well.
>demon literally crawls out of kelly, and just teleports around for no reason and doesn't even possess pablo.
>flat and boring camera work and directing all over the place
Those two episodes were shit.
>>
>>64184335
The episodes are fine the way they are, by making it 30 minutes it gives it more rewatchability value, you can watch all the movie and then the series in a short period of time.
>>
>>64179260
Went downhill after episode one. Really shitty.
>>
>>64186282
>Takes the group hostage
>Redneck tells Kelly he's going to rape/impregnate her with his seed
>Stereotype that milita are alex jones-esque groups who live in military bunkers with high tech weaponry ready to fight the government.

How the fuck would they obtain a M72 LAW?
>>
Horror movie: the crappy TV series
>>
>>64179260
I'm liking it, though the episode quality kind of bounces around. There's some weak line delivery that sort of ruins it for me a little (mainly from Kelly and Amanda). I think I'm one of the few people who doesn't mind Pablo.
>>
>>64179692
>>64180440
Don't mind this reddit infection
>>
>>64186404
>this episode doesn't portray redneck militias the way I want them to
>this means the episode is bad
Episode was fine, and this is coming from a gun hoarding southerner.
>>
>>64186439
It was probably the worst episode so far man. The dialogue was also complete shit
>>
>>64186468
>The dialogue was also complete shit
not nearly as bad as the last shaman episode. Everyone was literally standing stiffly around kelly, barely looking concerned, and bruce just stumbling over horribly written one liners. Hell most of the fight in that episode was people acting confused, spinning around, and stiffly standing in place.
>>
File: 1438213441596.jpg (32 KB, 396x353) Image search: [Google]
1438213441596.jpg
32 KB, 396x353
It's campy, full of dark humor and over the top.

It's probably the best tv horror series ever made. Too bad it's been only limited to Starz network. Supergirl is complete rubbish and is getting 14x the views just because of the networks it's on.
>>
When the finale comes out, i'm gonna piece every ep together, so i have a 5 hour epic movie.
And the series lets you do that, because every episode begins and ends abruptly where the last one ended.
Will it be the best movie of this year anons?

On a side note, i do hope the finale is 40 min long
>>
>>64187872
Fucking this.
>>
I'm just surprised they managed to make likable sidekicks for Ash. I was skeptical at first but I really like the kids.
>>
>>64188600
A lot of people hate them.
I wouldn't say i hate them, but especially kelly can't act for shit.
>>
>>64188600
Pedro is based.
I think Kelly would work better in a recurring villain role.
>>
>>64187872
>so i have a 5 hour epic movie
>because every episode begins and ends abruptly where the last one ended.
>each episode begins with 2-3 min flashback summaries. eps end on cliffhangers
>only the pilot episode feels like a mini-movie and is the only one directed by Sam Raimi
>no action scenes comparable to ED2 or AoD barring the pilot
>constant cutting back to side characters doing dick all
Please stop.
>>
>>64186185
looking way too much into it bud
>>
>>64186404
>show about an evil talking book magic and demons
>complaining about stupid shit

i clearly should not be on this board
>>
>>64188632

>diami line

bretty gud but yes cant act, esp when she shot that gun last ep
>>
>>64179692
>I thought it was almost unanimously liked.
*by reddit
>>64179260
Ash vs Memeil Reddead
>>
I've only watched the first episode but I loved it.

I'm too buyfag to watch bootlegs of the other episodes
>>
>>64189845
kuddos to you
>>
>>64189845
Normally I'm not into buying physical media but Evil Dead is actually worth it, Evil Dead 2 commentary is the best I've ever heard.
>>
Love episode 1, 2, 3, 6 & 8 There are Pro's and Con's It pulls off the comedy side, but falls short as a horror. I hate when they pass up moments to add dimensions or flesh out ash's character,
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.