[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I believe Independent film making has moved unto TV >The
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 458x321) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 458x321
>I believe Independent film making has moved unto TV
>The screens these days are now filled with films that look like TV but on the big screen
>I have an 18 year old son and making him go to the cinema he needs a good reason. What used to be found only on the cinema can now be found at home
>You now either have only super expensive films or Tiny budget films. Middle budget films that were so frequent have all dissapeared

Is Innaritu right /tv/? The fucker had Oscars and even Tarantino and Ridley Scott agreed with him
Where did all the middle budget stuff go?
How will Hollywood adapt to the future? Where going outside for 2-3 hours entertainment is just a hassle
>>
build wall
>>
>>64177994
I thought he was Spanish
>>
>>64177771
All the mid budget stuff is tranny, SJW bullshit that nobody wants to see. Then it flops and the Jews say 'see? only blockbusters sell'.
>>
>>64179041
At what point is a movie if budget compared to being middle budget?
Hateful 8 only has a $44m dollar budget.
>>
>>64178089
He's Mexican
>>
>>64179493
and it flopped
>>
>>64179558
It's not even out in all theaters till January 1.
Estimates gather that's it will gross just slightly less than Django but it was cheaper to make.
>>
>>64179613
word of mouth + screener + lack of 70mm theatres... it flopped. watch
>>
>>64179685
Word of mouth is very positive.
The most powerful reviewers (ie the Youtubers) have given it near perfect scores.All the faggots who go to youtube to confirm if they should watch something or not will be swarming theaters when it properly releases.
>>
>>64179752
2hrs 47mins.
long shots of useless horses
black dingus
70mm for basically a single room whodunit ala Aragami (2003)

30m boxoffice no awards QTs worst film.
>>
>>64179685
Do leaks impact ticket sales?
Wolverine origins was leaked but still made several hundred million even though it was awful and incompetent,
>>
what's an example of some middle budget films?
>>
>>64179685
it doesn't even come to my city until mid january.
>>
>>64179887
So Reservoir Dogs on 70mm?
>>
>>64180718
Yeah it's a lot like Reservoir dogs only with better costumes and bigger budget.
>>
>How will Hollywood adapt to the future? Where going outside for 2-3 hours entertainment is just a hassle

Going outside isn't the hassle. Going to a cinema, paying ridiculous prices for anything inside, and more or less finding out the movie sucks is what the "hassle" is.

Hollywood is scrambling for ideas, and the two they've come up with is 3D and 70mm. The latter brings so little benefit that they really should not bank on it, but they probably will because no other ideas.
>>
>>64180968
70mm is often just the directors gimmick.
Even the producers don't really care for it.
I genuinely think that the future will be some super Netflix esque thing where you might pay a bit more than Netflix but you get the newest movies and extremely high quality and shit.
I mean Netflix, Hulu and Amazon have already crushed cable.
>>
>>64177771
You are aware that Twin Peaks is the only decent american tv production, right?

>even Tarantino and Ridley Scott
>>
File: image.jpg (344 KB, 869x1122) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
344 KB, 869x1122
>>64180968
Outside of PTA, Tarantino and maybe Nolan who gives a fuck about 70mm?
>>64181411
Ridley Scott is executive producer of Amazons Man on the High Castle and Tarantino has said he wants to work with Aaron Sorkin and he would gladly do an HBO miniseries if he was given as much control as he has with his movies.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.