[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>never even held a lightsaber before >beats a trained jedi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 20
File: strong and independent woman.jpg (28 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
strong and independent woman.jpg
28 KB, 700x350
>never even held a lightsaber before
>beats a trained jedi that was strong enough to slaughter all his former comrades
why is this shit allowed?
>>
>>64176871
Everything needs a spunky, tomboyish female character who fights authority and kicks more ass than the guys for women to self-insert as. Otherwise, it runs the risk of being called sexist, which will lose it money.
>>
>>64176871
She was a Knight of Ren. Amnesia and false memories.
>>
Beacuse it's a bullshit movie, and the director is a complete tumblrtard that thinks women like her are capable to do everything an average man can along with making a black guy a protagonist just for the sake of making him a protagonist even though his acting skill was disgusting. But yeah, we gotta spread a message!!! Fucking liberals and their jew agenda.
>>
>>64176871
It's been far too many seconds since we had this thread, I'm glad you're on the ball OP
>>
>>64177812
>regurgitating what you read on 4chan
>>
>>64178169
I never have even touched /tv/ since now, I only stay on /v/ and sometimes I check /b/, but just saw this movie, and it is disgusting.
>>
>>64178208
>I only stay on /v/
stopped reading there
>>
File: m f w.png (173 KB, 296x350) Image search: [Google]
m f w.png
173 KB, 296x350
>>64176871
>>
>>64178208
>desperately floundering to explain what boards you use and why
>>
>>64178169
Rey: [after having finished kicking thief ass and laying Finn the fuck out] What's your hurry, thief? The jacket, this droid says you stole it. Where'd you get it? It belongs to his master.

Rey: What are you doing? Let go of me. I know how to run without you holding my hand.

Rey: Stop taking my hand!

Finn: [after a TIE nearly blows them both to pieces] Are you okay?
Rey: [expressing confusion at his statement] Yeah.
>>
>>64176871
dude got shot by chewy's crossblaster, and he was emo or something right?

who am i kidding, its fucking plot armor
>>
>>64176871
>Kylo just killed his dad and watched his body fall into the core of an exploding planet
>he also got shot by Chewbacca's bowcaster which was shown to hit like a fucking truck
>he also just got done fighting against Finn, who was also untrained, but this was probably one of his first lightsaber duels in a long time other than possibly training with Snoke. It's not like people are running around with lightsabers to fight with all the time
>only won the fight because she managed to hit him last before the planet started to crumble and they all had to make an escape

Honestly, I know they only had her get the upper hand so Kylo could have a cool face scar for the next two movies and give him some more shit to angst over. I wish the fight would have ended on equal terms with the ground opening up and forcing them apart. Maybe then everyone wouldn't be such a butthurt little bitch about it
>>
>>64178399
Yep, that sure was a scene in the movie, good job?
>>
>>64178622
And these things tell you what about Rey? Go on. Note that this was at the beginning of the movie.
>>
At first she got her ass handed to her, then she did shit with the force and she could fight.

Were you paying attention?
>>
Rey fought melee for years on Jakku. That plus Kylo's previous three confrontations slowing him down, him wanting to train her not kill her, and her early-childhood Force training coming back add up to his defeat after she spent the first half of their duel running while he bled out. How stupid are you anti-Rey turds,really? You only "win" this argument with gross over-simplifications.
>>
>>64178709
>>64178709
She doesn't like thieves, knows how to use her staff, and doesn't like strangers grabbing her hand, a bit baffled why you're so upset
>>
Yeah almost as stupid as Luke overpowering an elite Sith Lord, right hand of the emperor, veteran soldier who has been a general for as long as Luke has lived, after training with Yoda for like a week.
>>
>>64178811
Glad you admitted she kicks ass at the beginning of the movie, unlike Luke. So do you think they did that to show she doesn't like her hand being held or to subvert the "guy helps girl by taking her hand and running" trope? Note that to answer, you first need to know how important her thoughts on having her hand held are to the audience.
>>
>>64178889
>strong independent don't need no hand
>>
>>64178942
Well he got his cut off
>>
>>64178889
luke got his shit slapped by vader tbf m8
>>
>>64176871
You could say that he wasn't even trained properly with the lightsaber, but the main reason that he lost is that he took a fucking Bowcaster shot right after the killed his father. The movie failed to point that.
>>
>>64178889
it's stupider since she had no training whatsoever, and she is written to have literally no flaws.
>>
>>64178979
Nah bro, he fucked Vader's shit up on Return, dude. He almost killed him too.
>>
>>64178935
Does trope subversion really ruffle you so? How embarrassing. You're genuinely upset an ape without a penis can take care of itself, christ kid, get your shit together
>>
>>64178935

Luke was raised on a farm on a relatively safe planet. Anakin was eight when he first appeared. Rey has been forced to be entirely self-sufficient since she was like six. How weird that they picked up different skill sets, temperaments, and capabilities.
>>
>>64178993
Point a flaw in Luke that was showcased on A New Hope.
>>
>>64179031

The real weird part is that Rey hasn't changed her hairstyle in thirteen years.
>>
>>64178982
which makes total sense, since he stopped a blaster shot mid flight without even seeing it at the beginning of the movie.
The moment he took of his mask and was just a whiny emo fuccboi was the moment the entire thing turned to shit.
>>
>>64179072
If it's not broken
>>
>>64179019
Again, thanks for being honest and admitting Rey isn't a real character and is only there to fill a spot in the script. I appreciate it.
>>
>>64179067

Honestly couldn't say, I'm not the type to rewatch a film in preparation for the sequels. Haven't seen New Hope in at least a year, maybe more.
>>
>>64179094
It's great. Makes sense that the edgy tantrum-thrower is a deluded teen nerd living a fantasy.
>>
>>64179113
There probably weren't much if any, because this isn't a slow-paced drama film, it's fucking Star Wars.
>>
>>64176871
>why is this shit allowed?
It's a movie, stupid. Why weren't you aborted?
>>
>>64176871
>never held a lightsaber before
that's the parte where you are wrong
>>
>>64179002
you mean as Vader was second-guessing himself and turning to the light side

I thought Rey was pretty cool and believable right up until the end when she beat Kylo. It makes no sense at all that she would be able to beat him, who was set up as a Vader-tier badass, the first time she even wields a lightsaber. Even with her pedigree it's nonsensical.
>>
>>64179111
>things I never said for 500, Alex

Also protip, every character in every story is there to fill a spot. I don't disagree with you on their motivations with the character I just disagree it's something to be upset or offended by
>>
You know the best way to defeat Jedi/Sith? Make them doubt themselves. You know what Kylo did throughout the entire movie? He doubted himself.
>>
>>64178208
>I only stay on /v/
Gee, no wonder.
>>
>>64178993
she's been defending herself with a staff on Jakku for most of her life. she may not have any formal training but she's a competent fighter
>>
>>64179184
>>64179278
Star Wars is a space opera you retards, it's literally a character drama and George Lucas says this himself.
>>
>>64179268
>you mean as Vader was second-guessing himself and turning to the light side
So was Kylo Ren though.

>who was set up as a Vader-tier badass
But he wasn't. He did literally one badass thing and started fucking up everything up and throwing tantrums pretty early on.
>>
>>64179288
>kylo defeated himself by being a bitch
As a character his on screen execution was abysmal
>>
>>64179350
>George Lucas says this himself.
And is, thus, incorrect.
>>
>>64178761
ok, so how did she do the jedi mind trick with zero training? Luke didntt do that til ROJ

>>64177655
that's really the only explanation I can think of that would make sense. They can say "she's the daughter of Luke so she's powerful" but unless she got training somehwere, the movie has major plotholes.
>>
>>64179350
I don't recall saying otherwise?
>>
MIDICHLORIAN
>>
she was a padawan. the 'force vision' was actually the force guiding her to the lightsaber and then her having a flashback to luke giving r2 the map after knights of ren fucked up the jedi luke was training.
>>
>>64179407
>the movie has major plotholes.
To be honest, the plotholes are obvious set ups for the sequels.
>>
>>64179415
Even then you don't magically learn about jedi mind tricks and how to do them
>>
>>64176871
>why is this shit allowed?

BECAUSE ITS

2 0 1 5

GIRLS CAN DO ANYTHEEEEEENG!
>>
>>64178982

It showed it before he started fighting Finn, and during the fight with Finn. He stopped to fuck with it twice.
>>
>>64179388
I know thats a joke but lucas isnt always wrong
He has the general idea of sw but cany direct.because hes too autistic
>>
>>64177655
Doubt it since she was shown as a little girl when Ben killed everyone and later she was left in Jakku
>>
Why the fuck did TR-8R have a weapon that could not be cut through by a lightsaber? If Luke was the last Jedi then for Storm Troopers combat against Lightsaber's would be nonexistent, so why would they have a weapon used to fight them?
>>
File: setsuna takes a snack break.jpg (108 KB, 909x899) Image search: [Google]
setsuna takes a snack break.jpg
108 KB, 909x899
>>64176871
>Ren was emotionally drained and compromised
>Ren was injured badly
>Had already been drained from a previous fight with a trained soldier
>Now had to go in again against a sand-rat who was physically competent

She had been working physically since she was a kid, plus with the shit we see her do we can assume decent physical ability.

And before you give me shit about Finn being sanitation, the First Order probably does a shit ton of physical training, which is why he was able to hold out against him.

And even then, in their fight it was very back and forth because she did not know saber form, and she didn't turn it around until the very end, after he had lost a lot of blood.
>>
>>64179437
>implying the sequels will address them
Its like you havent seen jjs other works
>>
>>64179467
>I know thats a joke but lucas isnt always wrong
He's wrong about this one though. Star Wars isn't a "character-driven" story, and when he tried to make it one through Anakin, he fucked up hard.
The characters on the original trilogy are simple archetypes thrown in on this situation that they have to deal with. You know, adventure stories.
>>
>>64179094

Blaster pistols are not as good weapons as bowcasters. They likely move faster and definitely have more force. Plus, you know, he was probably just a hair shaken. People like you need to learn to connect events that happen in immediate succession.
>>
>>64179504
This isn't fucking Lost, it's just Star Wars. Rey's backstory seems to be one of the most important things on the next movie too. Learn to take a hint, autismos.
>>
>>64179497
SHE LITERALLY OVERPOWERED HIM AND PUSHED HIS SABER INTO THE GROUND

HE'S GOT AT LEAST 10 INCHES AND 80LBS ON HER

HILARIOUS MARY SUE BULLSHIT
>>
>>64179472
They were specifically hunting down Luke. For that reason it wouldn't hurt to have a few weapons that were lightsaber resistant, and they likely incorporated it into gear that was also functional for other purposes. The design process for TR-8R's weapons was more "let's make a riot control weapon and add some anti-lightsaber stuff while we're at it" and less "let's make an anti-lightsaber weapon that happens to have other applications".
>>
>>64179472
Star Wars has always had physical weapons.

We can assume TR-8R soldiers carry their batons in shields for these situations. Not just sabers, but vibroblades, magna guard staffs, or that thing Rey had.
>>
>>64179627
lol kylo ren is a twink nerd
>>
>>64179600
>sucking jew jews cock this hard
>>
>>64176871
because she's a girl and girls can't get beaten up in hollywood unless the film is rated R
>>
>>64179661
Go back to your containment board, cretin.
>>
>>64179627
>HE'S GOT AT LEAST 10 INCHES AND 80LBS ON HER
and Dooku and Sheev had at least 5 feet and 100 pounds on Yoda and still couldn't beat him
retard
>>
>>64179497
>she had been working physically since she was a kid

Doesn't matter, she was barely getting by feeding herself. Soup and bread is not enough to sustain anyone living in the desert.
>>
>>64179067
he was whiny, got way in over his head from time to time and needed to be saved. fucker was Scrappy Doo in human form.
>>
>>64176871
>>beats a trained jedi that was strong enough to slaughter all his former comrades
>that trained jedi almost loses to a janitor storm trooper

vader jr joined the dark side because he was weak, he is going to go back to the light because that is true strength
girl thought she was a weak orphan on a desert planet but actually is the most powerful force user ever. shes gonna go dark
>>
>>64179641
>>64179653
That all does sound reasonable, I can go with that.
Although in ANH one of the first things we see is a Storm Trooper setting his gun to stun, I don't really see the need for riot control melee weapons when you can just stun shoot people. But who knows this is the future, they can have melee riot weapons if they want.
>>
>>64179627
It's been a few days since I saw it, but isn't that scene at the very end?

Once again, he was drained and bleeding out, and had already been through a fight.

Also if you don't think Rey has sufficient upper body strength after a decade or so of rappelling in old star destroyers and lugging scrap, then you've never worked physical labor.

It makes sense she was able to do that shit after that long of a fight, after he had fought Finn, and been dealing with his wound for an unknown amount of time.
>>
>>64179697
neither of them got in an arm wrestling contest with Yoda like Kylo and Rey
>>
>>64176871
Ummmmm, she was guided by the force.
Or something like that.
>>
File: 1430934142075.png (2 MB, 497x3328) Image search: [Google]
1430934142075.png
2 MB, 497x3328
>>64176871
idk
>>
First Order Sith planet killers > Resistance mary sue girl scout cookie box
>>
>>64176871
Why do you think the people he slaughtered had lightsabers?
I feel like Luke was doing more of a Yoda thing than a prequel 'every kid lightsaber trained by 10' shit
>>
was it just me or were all the empires high ranking people really young looking? kylo and whatever the other main generals name is both looked like they were 15.
>>
>>64179801
>daily mail
lol
>>
>>64179732
>janitor storm trooper

Do you have any idea how a military works?

In the Army your laundry guy goes to the same boot camp as your rifleman. Just the rifleman has another 10 or so weeks of training before being deployed.

Both are expected to have a certain level of physical competency, and skill with a rifle.

As someone who went to a basic training made up entirely of support jobs, I've seen guys who could have easily gone special forces working construction or truck driving.
>>
>>64179801
Jesus Christ. The father probably got raped so much in prison because of this shit.
>>
File: tr8r3.jpg (69 KB, 730x489) Image search: [Google]
tr8r3.jpg
69 KB, 730x489
Why did nobody tell Rey or Kylo about Sokan? Or even spinning for that matter? Even TR-8R knew about spinning
>>
>in a few years the next 2 star war movies will attempt to haphazardly fill in the plot holes/un-Mary Sue Rey
>people will then try to attempt to say that means she never was one
>>
>>64179407

>The Force has strong intuitive powers, allowing some practitioners to see the future, instinctively know routes when piloting or moving, feel the emotions and minds of others, and more
>Gee oh boy how could anyone learn how to do stuff with the force if they were super connected to it
>>
She already know how to do everything

If they dont kill her/corrupt her in the next episode, the entire trilogy is gonna get shat on by a single character
>>
File: CO5oAq4UcAEDDmK.jpg (28 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
CO5oAq4UcAEDDmK.jpg
28 KB, 600x450
>people actually not grasping that Rey was likely a child Padawan in Luke's Jedi School before Kylo went all Linkin Park on the place and started his K-Pop group for Dark Lord Snorkel, whether she's directly Luke's daughter or not she has definitely been trained and doesn't have memory of it

How blind do you have to be?
>>
>>64176871

Because she's an awesome empowerful girl who's way better than all the shitty, stinky guys

What part of this is hard for your misogynist cismale penis to understand?
>>
>>64179094
Dude that's the only reason Kylo Ren works.

Even in any trailer the only reason Kylo Ren's statements made sense if he was a dumb Vader fanboy. "I will finish what you started" Bitch please Darth Vader wasn't the champion of any sort of ideology. Kylo Ren never met the man nor witnessed any of his ideals. Turns out he is a big dumb Vader fanboy that is trying his hardest to be Vader
>>
>>64179852
>a certain level of physical competency
yeah, the bare minimum. kylo was the elite top soldier of the empire and a very strong force user. he got fucked up by someone with the bare minimum level of physical competency (after taking a shot by a bowcaster I must admit).

just prior to the fight he throws rey up a fucking tree with his mind, yet somehow gets cut up by a janitor. its bullshit writing
>>
>>64179824
If you look at the Knights of Ren they all have unique weapons. And the one dude who stabs in the beginning has a staff like Rey did.

My bet is it's because Luke had trouble finding saber crystals. I always assume the one he had for his ROTJ saber was something he got in Obi Wan's hut.

I'm sure there's some book that explains it, but this was just my headcanon as a kid.
>>
>>64179918
There was no confirmation on how strong Finn is.

He could have been a PT stud when it came to training at his academy.
>>
>>64179784
>Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.
t. yoda
>>
>>64178758

>got her ass handed to her
Hardly. She held her ground fairly decently, albeit was pushed back, with zero previous lightsaber training

>won because she used the force
Because fucking Kylo didn't have the force?
>>
>>64179916
>Bitch please Darth Vader wasn't the champion of any sort of ideology

>I have never even seen the movies I'm talking about
>>
>>64179890
so a 5 year old kid could do jedi mind tricks, get amnesia for 15 years, and continue right where they left off without even remembering their training?

bad writing. it would have made more sense if she revealed she was a big fan of the jedi. she said "i thought the jedi were just a myth" to han, but she could have said a bit more to show that she really knew about those mythical jedi. it would have made more sense if she was trying out something she was comically told jedi could do. han could have said some snarky 1 liner like "boy I wish luke taught me some jedi mind tricks so you would stop being so annoying". that would have been a better flashback/idea spark/whatever to draw inspiration from rather than just deciding to try a very advanced jedi skill without any prior hinting that she knew what it was.
>>
>>64179924
That's the stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard.
>>
>In the OT Vader wasn't the end all bad guy, he was just some Force Sensitive Dog for the Empire and Palpy
>In the Prequels George is obsessed with Vader and makes the story about him
>In VII Ren is obsessed about Vader

So Ren is Jorje?
>>
>>64180032
What exactly did Darth Vader start. The only thing you could wager for that is the big dumb prophecy of bringing balance to the Force, and that was just by murdering both Jedi and Sith

He wasn't the main force behind any ideals. He was the iron fist of the Emperor.
>>
>>64180032
Vader was a child killing space nazi and then changed his mind when his son was getting zippity zapped by the guy who totally bullshitted him about saving his wife and made him become a child killing space nazi

The only ideology Vader championed was "why the fuck is everyone retarded goddamn shit niggers"
>>
>>64180060
As much as it's retarded, the prequels are still canon. Jedi training children from the toddler stage was standard operating procedure, including ludicrously unsafe saber lessons.
>>
>>64179971
he wasnt strong. he was raised from birth by the empire and his very first mission was going down to jakku. if he was some super strong sith killing stud he would have had a higher position than janitor and have gone on plenty of missions already
>>
>>64180077
I just assumed they didn't all get lightsabers because where the fuck was Luke going to get the materials?

They said Luke went off to find the first jedi temple, but never said if he found any other ones.

If it's the stupidest thing you've ever heard then where did you think Luke got his green saber in ROTJ?
>>
>>64179918
It was pottery.

In Empire, Vader just fucks around with Luke until he takes a glacing blow to the shoulder, at which point he immediately disarms Luke and finishes the fight.
>>
>>64180133
training yes, but they didnt learn mind control day 1
>>
>>64180144

There's a thread somewhere up about the book which implies he had 'strong leadership skills' and something else, and was considered one of Phasma's best prospects.

>but he's a janitor lol

They'll retcon and bandaid fix a ton of shit from this movie.
>>
G
I
R
L

P
O
W
E
R
>>
>>64179470

How much older is Ren supposed to be? I thought they were supposed to be the same age.
>>
Maybe Kylo knew the story of how Luke beat Vaser and destroyed the Empire, that's why he's so weak when he fights Rey. He started to notice she was another Luke and he was just in a rehash facsimile, and he realized he was doomed.
>>
>>64179762

This would make sense if he wasn't handily beating her before she closed her eyes and didn't pretty much destroy finn. Except that entire fight beforehand was made to set himself up as being above the norm in terms of lightsaber ability only to have him instantly fail after the main character closed her eyes to gain activate her racial passive: never have to learn shit ever.

Like if he started the fight sluggishly before they clashed sabers and then offered her you'd have a point. Except that's not what happened at all, he pretty much was winning until they locked lightsabers and you're defending shitty writing.
>>
fuck all you sexist pieces of shit
its 2015
>>
>>64179497

Finn was sanitation on Starkiller base, but by the time of the movie, he'd clearly moved up to active field work, since, you know... He was a member of an active field team personally accompanying Kylo Ren, directly under Special Silver Storm Trooper.
>>
>>64178458
THIS
HHIS
I I I S
SSSS
>>
>>64178458
>>64180223
>>
HURR DURR NOTHING MAKES SENSE

We've seen 1 3rd of the movie, did you really expect everything to be explained already?
>>
>>64180223
A good point.

I'm sure the fight scene will get better dissected when we have a physical release and take a bunch of caps and webms.
>>
>>64179984
JUDGE ME NOT BY MY SIZE, YOU WON'T BELIEVE YOUR EYES ONCE THE X-WING RISE

>>64180162
>I just assumed they didn't all get lightsabers because where the fuck was Luke going to get the materials?
That's so fucking stupid. You really think something like material shortage is gonna be written into Luke's badass jedi journey?

>If it's the stupidest thing you've ever heard then where did you think Luke got his green saber in ROTJ?
Who cares? That doesn't matter in the least. Are you one of those turbo autists that needs to know about lightsaber formes and who funds the rebellion?
>>
>>64180205
My guess is hes just weak period. He joined the dark side because of self esteem issues because he wasnt living up to what he thought were uncle lukes/grandfather vader/daddy hans standards. Theres a scene in the movie where he is sitting in one of vaders meditation pods and says "grandfather give me strength I am being tempted by the light side of the force. Snoke can feel it pulling me" or something along those lines. hes going to join the good guys (like vader).

the orphan with mysterious parents abandoned on a desert planet who finds out she has force powers but is too old to be conventionally trained by the jedi and gets very angry when she fights will end up joining the dark side
>>
You don't get credit for stuff you didn't put in the movie because, and this is important.. you didn't put it in the movie.
I shouldn't have to read through a bunch of random blogs and non canon sources in order to say, "oh, this bs finally makes sense!"
And sure, you could get away with it if it wasn't intrinsic to the plot, but honestly TFA doesn't stand on its own at all. It builds off old characters (even old plots), and spends the film setting up for a sequel.
I think JJ just became Jar Jar Abrams.
>>
>>64180204
About 10 years
>>
>>64179627

Eight inches.
>>
>>64180380
I kind of want it to happen where Kylo is fucking bonkers and starts hallucinating Vader training him and shit so he basically becomes the apprentice of a hallucination, but then it turns out that its actually someone else doing all of it and he isnt as crazy as he was portrayed
>>
>>64179031
Yeah, now that you mention it, Rey is basically Anakin if Qui-Gon never found him and Shmi had died leaving him under Watto's care.
>>
>>64180384
I think its hilariously stupid that JJ said tfa was going to be about passing the torch from the old actors/characters to the new ones, and the movie ends with a new character passing a lightsaber back to the original main character.

at least lucas was poetic
>>
File: 1417883181945.jpg (82 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1417883181945.jpg
82 KB, 1280x853
>>64180205
>Maybe that's why he's so weak when he fights Rey
Yeah that's it. Clearly that's the answer. Not that blast to the gut that he's bleeding out from, or him constantly doubting himself and his power, not from having already fought multiple times just that day, or from any sort of mental instability from killing his dad.
>>
>>64180223
Good point but Kylo was beating his wound to pump himself up and feed on the pain, it was clear it weighed on him.
Also the part with Rey closing her eyes may be like Luke in ANH where he has to fire the torpedo and destroy the Deathstar. He closes his eyes and focuses too. Both let the Force guide them and lead them to victory.
>>
>>64180470
Well, its ironically poetic
>>
>>64180223
This is what I dislike about it. It's just approaching power levels territory, and Rey was apparently supposed to spare Kylo, tempted by the dark side but unable to kill him. We got no such resolution or meaningful exchange between the characters. The focus fell on the action and the action was ambiguous.
>>
>>64180464
supreme emperor snoke or whatever his name is was manipulating him from the start. han solo told kylo that moments before kylo killed him. Im gonna guess snoke will be impressed by rey because she beat kylo in a fight and start manipulating her. kylo will either get more abandonment issues or realize snoke is bad, prompting him to join the light side.
>>
>>64180380
I don't think he's "weak" in general considering he is stopping blaster shots and throwing everyone around with the force. He even can sense Han Solo just like how Vader senses people. What did Vader ever do that was so much better than Kylo Ren?
>>
>>64180473
>Rey has a sekrit past and Ren is too emotional and torn up to fight
this is fanfic tier writing.
>>
>>64180223
I'm holding onto the hope that her quick "learning" will be a major plot point in the future.

Yes, ideally movies should stand alone on most terms but when you know the story goes on I don't think it's fair to already slap labels like "Mary Sue" onto characters that still have a lot of room to grow.
>>
>>64179830

I thought Kylo looked really young, but Hux looked pretty decently aged.
>>
>>64178208
cancer detected. come back once you've grown out of the shittiest boards on this site.
>>
>>64180364

It also makes even less sense since she uses a staff in every fight scene so using a saber shouldn't instantly give her +20 to all swordsmanship. Since that's usually not how weapon expertise works.

But lets not forget the most basic of points and that's regardless of any justification of how she did it the point of badassery had little to no emotional weight to it like luke finally trusting the force because she had to learn nothing throughout the movie. Not to mention that she also just defeated the primary antagonist of the film who is apparently so powerful he stops a laser bolt mid-flight which is a force power not seen yet. So even with the right genes and family ties there was little to feel from a girl who just closed her eyes for a couple of seconds because some non-jedi told her to and then instantly gained the skills to use the primary weapon of jedi without training in any weapon similar.

I honestly think people who defend this movie don't understand basic story-telling. It doesn't have to be smart it's starwars but it does have to have some sort of emotional weight to carry the logical pin-points together.
>>
File: ab1.jpg (22 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
ab1.jpg
22 KB, 500x400
>>64180572
>Characters having mental conflict and are not always 100% ready to fight (i.e. actual flaws) is fanfic tier writing
>>
is kylo dead?
>>
>>64180380

>the orphan with mysterious parents abandoned on a desert planet who finds out she has force powers but is too old to be conventionally trained by the jedi and gets very angry when she fights will end up joining the dark side

This is honestly the only plot twist that fits with her being overpowered as fuck.

>inb4 implying Jewcas cares about reasonable plot points
>>
>>64178458
If it had only been that, sure.
But she was also instantly an ace pilot.
And instantly a crack shot.
And instantly better at tinkering with the Falcon than Han.
And instantly mastered Force tricks she at best HEARD OF in a bar.
Her taking out Ren was just the icing on the cake.
>>
>>64178458
>It's not like people are running around with lightsabers to fight with all the time

I have a question. Why do they have the riot stormtroopers with armour and weapons specifically designed to counter lightsaber weapons if... there aren't any?
>>
>>64180537
Or maybe Ren goes full edgelord and mutilates himself to become more and more like Vader
>>
>>64180554
Anakin in the prequels/animated show (its canon) did a hell of a lot more. Vader was still able to command the empire though. I think its more of a respect and image thing. Kylo is an angsty teenager trying to fill the shoes of his very impressive family. Being a good jedi was enough for han/leia/luke, but in his mind it wasnt. He was even pettily competing with the other empire general for attention/affection from snoke.
>>
>>64180634
Guys, guys I have this idea for a star wars fan fic and I wanted feedback on this protagonist I have in mind

Okay, so she's an orphan from Tattoo-- Jakku, and she's a scavenger/slave. She escapes the planet by finding the Millennium Falcon and flying it by herself. She's super smart and can figure out the controls even though she hasn't set foot inside the ship before or flown a ship at all and she knows all about how to repair it more than the owner, Han Solo. Oh and she knows how to speak Wookie (thanks to the desert Wookie clan) and droid (Anakin could so duh) and Chewbacca loves her because she's cool and Han is impressed because she knows so much about the Falcon.

Oh and she has force powers, and she's so good at the force that she can resist the master of the Knights of Ren's mind reading and even read his mind, and she knows how to do jedi mind tricks because she just does and it's cool. She even beats the master of the knights of Ren in a lightsaber fight when she doesn't even have training with a lightsaber, and she has better force pulling than him.

In the end she has Anakin's lightsaber and is the captain of the Falcon and Chewie's new best friend and she goes off to be Luke Skywalker's apprentice (but he'll discover she knows way more than him cause she's a prodigy) so she can defeat the Sit- Knights of Ren.

I'm just stuck on the name, what should I call her?
>>
>>64180653
Because as a fanatical military power why wouldn't you want weapons and armor on par with a weapon that can cut through damn near anything and reflect blaster bolts?
>>
Its the force, they don't have to explain shit. Remember when ObiWan disappeared and then helped Luke in his most pivotal moment and it was never explained how he did that? The force being mysterious has always been a part of star wars.
>>
>>64180690
ebin
>>
>>64180653
The only thing I can figure is that is a power weapon for general melee use that happens to be able to block a lightsaber. There's no way it's a purpose built anti-lightsaber weapon.
>>
>>64180545
>not paying any fucking attention

Vader starts the fight by defending himself with one hand on the sword, and then knocked Luke into the chamber. After seeing Luke escape, he spends the rest of the encounter just fucking around with Luke. He keeps hiding, throwing shit around, and trying to test Luke's powers. Luke gets a glancing blow in on Vader's shoulder, to which Vader responds by IMMEDIATELY disarming Luke.

Luke did not hold his own at all. He defended himself for a while, got one lucky hit and then lost his hand.
>>
>>64180645
its hardly a twist when its the same plot as the previous 6 movies. I forgot to add she was very knowlegable with droids and an ace pilot too, just like someone else who joined the dark side. I wonder if history will repeat itself??
>>
File: 1376329596106.jpg (29 KB, 382x322) Image search: [Google]
1376329596106.jpg
29 KB, 382x322
>>64180690
It's almost like as if her backstory and a reasoning for why she's as strong as she is will be explained in some other set of movies outside the beginning of this trilogy
>>
>>64180545
>zero training besides blocking shitty lasers with a helmet on
Trained with Yoda beforehand.

>holds his own against the strongest fucking Sith the universe has ever known, both of them have up and down moments during the actual saber duel portions
While Vader was fucking powerful I don't think he was the strongest sith the Universe had ever known. Sheev was definitely stronger.
>>
>>64180740
>>64180751

Thanks, I worked really hard on writing it.
>>
>>64180650
this
>>
>>64176871

>kylo uses force to put her to sleep
>30min later shes reading minds
>40min later shes using force persuasion
>closes her eyes and suddenly is able to overPOWER ren even though she was losing
>>
>>64180082
>How to spot a Plinkett Parroter

Vader stopped being a goon after ANH.
>>
>>64180751
then they should have left a footnote of "wow that sure was weird how were you able to do all of that?? maybe luke can explain some things about your mysterious history and force usage" instead of just ending the movie. throughout episode 1 everyone was puzzled by anakins skills and actually remarked on how odd they were. nobody batted an eyelid when she did anything.
>>
>>64180489
Kylo has been training since he was a baby and he's a Sith Lord. I don't think you can just close your eyes and defeat a highly trained force master.

Maybe that rumor about her mom being a Jedi too is true. Then she would have more force sensitivity in her genes than Kylo who is half smuggler.
>>
>>64176871
Kylo Ren sucks with a lightsaber and didn't slaughter his comrades alone.
>>
File: o-VLADIMIR-PUTIN-TOAST-570.jpg (96 KB, 570x855) Image search: [Google]
o-VLADIMIR-PUTIN-TOAST-570.jpg
96 KB, 570x855
>>64180650
This man knows
>>
File: 003928df.jpg (595 KB, 1271x960) Image search: [Google]
003928df.jpg
595 KB, 1271x960
>>64176871
I believe Rey is a Force user like we have never seen before.

What she felt when she touched Luke's lightsaber, there is a real Excalibur thing going on, where the union of Rey, the Force and that lightsaber gave her the power to fight Kylo Ren.

When we see her origin explained in Ep 8 and 9, something happened to make her a "Super Jedi", or the most powerful Force wielder EVER. Snoke and Kylo Ren felt her awakening, no other Force user has made that kind of impact, except when Qui-gon felt a vergence in the Force, which was Anakin.
>>
>>64180874
Kylo is not a Sith lord, he's still in training.

Kylo is also shit at lightsaber combat but strong with the force. If he just used the force to freeze them then stab them or use the force to push them off a cliff he woulda won but instead used his favorite naruto moves
>>
>>64180750

>I wonder if history will repeat itself??

Not exactly. I honestly just think she'll become a rampaging shitshow that both sides will eventually have to put down, Kylo and Finn will have to kill her

It also kind of fits with the autistic fan theory that she's somehow the living embodiment of the force, which is using her to forcibly bring balance back, since clearly they got fucked up somehow.
>>
>>64178458
you forgot to mention that Kylo is a novice at lightsaber duels
>>
>>64180855
This is the problem. If they wanted Rey to be insanely powerful, then at least somebody in universe needs to acknowledge that fact. We already have an established example of how a force sensitive person learns to use the force over time, and Luke had actual Jedi guiding him. Rey starts off with the same intuition that Luke has at the end of A New Hope, and ends the film with all the powers he has in Return of the Jedi. And nobody finds this even the slightest bit odd.
>>
>>64180629
The emotional weight comes from her wanting nothing to do with it. Luke and Anakin willingly go, Rey is unwilling and actively tries to get out of it several times, always wanting to go back to Jakku. That's a big point of the Maz scene. So it's supposed to be a big deal, that she has this great power, great enough to fend off an injured Kylo, just by trusting in the Force.

The only problem is the mind control scene. That was poorly considered fan service. If the Kylo fight had been the first instance of her consciously using the Force there wouldn't be half as much bitching regardless of her competency in other areas. But her entire escapades on Starkiller base were rather shoddily handled.
>>
File: shot0002.jpg (90 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
shot0002.jpg
90 KB, 1280x544
This fight was fucking awesome
>>
>>64180855
Finn wonders how the hell she can pilot so well.
There was no one else who witnessed her fight with Ren. When she was tinkering around with the Millenium Falcon or any other various electrical equipment, Han, already knowing she's from Jakku which is a noted scrapyard planet thanks to the big ass battle that left a bunch of ship wreckage, probably just assumed it isn't the first time she's encountered mechanical equipment.

There's two more movies on the way. There'll be plenty of time for exposition and development.
>>
>>64180489

The difference is that luke learned to trust the force from a jedi master who said he knew her father and then had an entire scene where this is reflected by blocking lasers from a floating ball. Lets not also forget he had to be saved by Wedge in the x-wing fight and han solo though he was a pretty decent pilot because the ships were from the same manufacturer.

In fact despite shooting the missile he was still in danger which led to a heroic moment that solidified han solo as a great dude despite the previous events. Which is why the movie resonated with people because there was a development of character not just one woman translating every language, beating up everyone she came upon, flying every ship, and then becoming the avatar of the force for the final Marvel super hero movie style change in power.
>>
>>64179693
Tv is that board
>>
>>64180977
Does it hurt when you pull things out of your ass like that? We have no idea how well trained he is in saber duels. We DO know he is very powerful in the Force - not even Vader froze a bolt in midair - and he is certainly competent at deflecting blaster bolts, which admittedly is early days stuff for Jedi.
>>
>>64180874
Kylo is not a Sith Lord, nor is he a master by any stretch. He's an overconfident arrogant child who never had to face any real adversary in his entire life, and now he went up against something he's never experienced before, while being severely injured, the murder of Han weighing on his mind and fatigued from fighting.
Just look how fucking scared he is when Rey resists his mind reading, he didn't know what to do with himself.
>>
>>64180751
>They're gonna fix it all by revealing she's actually a genetic weapon made entirely of force
Doesnt exactly solve the issue of shit writing

"Power level" doesnt make a good story
>>
>>64180653
>>64180692
>>64180746

Its called a Vibromace. Vibro weapons have been around since thousands of years before Episode 1, multiple purpose weapons used for meleeing shit with shields or cutting through metal armor/droid.
>>
>>64179067
Whiny, naive, a subpar combatant next to Han and Chewie, impulsive.

He also did instantly get the respect and admiration of everyone around him. Han calls him "kid" or boy" for practically the entire movie.
>>
1) she is decent at combat after defending herself with a staff for 13+ years
2) he was injured
3) his mind was conflicted which of course lowers his light saber ability
4) he was basically toying with her still and wasn't trying to kill her

also finn practiced with that storm trooper staff thing (literally canon)
>>
>>64180994
It was OK the first time, but I can't get past how impractical the double ended saber is. Any competent opponent would kill you in seconds if you tried to use something like that. As a single ended weapon it's fine, but not with both blades lit.
>>
>>64181050
>pull things out of your ass

Are you stupid or never watched the movie?
>>
>>64181095
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vibro_mace
This thing? Not even close.
>>
>>64180690
>She escapes the planet by finding the Millennium Falcon and flying it by herself

Barely

>She's super smart and can figure out the controls even though she hasn't set foot inside the ship before or flown a ship at all and she knows all about how to repair it more than the owner, Han Solo

All false. She knew about the Falcon and the mods Unkar Plutt installed, flew ships but never left the atmosphere, and only bypassed something she knew the previous owner had added.

I fucking hate to say it, but the shitstorm would not be nearly this intense if this was Luke's son instead of daughter. Everyone would just say "Oh he's a lot like Anakin but not an annoying kid, let's see where this goes."
>>
>>64181050
>Does it hurt when you pull things out of your ass like that? We have no idea how well trained he is in saber duels.

We actually do if you watched the movie, paid attention to it instead of cry about Rey being a girl, and looked it up.

Kylo fought like an idiot. Massive overswings, left him self wide open multiple times that anyone competent would have killed him within the first seconds, the fight was choreographed for him to fight like someone that was in SCA for 6 months and never learned just wanted to do cool anime shit.
>>
>>64181142
Where are you getting this magical info on the nature of Kylo's training? The combat was intentionally "rougher" and less dancelike than in the prequel trilogy, the director said as much. You can't divine that he's a novice just because he wasn't as polished. At best you are guessing.
>>
>>64181120
It's just a matter of fighting style you faggot. Fighting sticks are a martial arts tool, swords are a knight's tool.
>>
>>64181050
>Does it hurt when you pull things out of your ass like that

Just from watching the movie we can tell Kylo is not a very good dualist. the Traitor Stormtrooper could probably beat him if you set a no force powers rule.

>and he is certainly competent at deflecting blaster bolts,
Actually not really
He misses about 1/3rd of the time and not once does he deflect them back at Rey, just parry them.
>>
File: wallhaven-301524.jpg (429 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-301524.jpg
429 KB, 2560x1600
>>64179067
Luke was whiny and inexperienced, but firm in conviction.
Han was selfish, but had the equipment they all needed.
Leia was arrogant, but was clever and resourceful.

All of the characters were flawed, but together they covered each others weaknesses.

Rey is perfect and never needs help from anybody ever.
>>
>>64181050
vader didn't freeze a bolt in midair because the only time he's shot at he holds his fucking hand up and absorbs the shit no problem. kylo is strong but clearly not as strong as vader, seeing how all he wants to be is like his granddaddy anakin. motherfucker even wears a mask for no reason
>>
The only thing that can redeem this ridiculous character is if she turns to the dark side and takes Kylos place, and Kylo turns to the light and defeats her. You don't the Mary Sue Superman character to win, you want the flawed one to redeem himself.
>>
>>64180469

Yep, right down to the unholy levels of force capability.
>>
File: spinny shit kylo ren.webm (979 KB, 1206x562) Image search: [Google]
spinny shit kylo ren.webm
979 KB, 1206x562
>>64181050
>Does it hurt when you pull things out of your ass like that?

Kylo Ren is shit dude

Any half competent swordsman would have killed Kylo within the first swing
>>
>>64179067
Luke had to go through 2 episodes of being a useless trash to get where he is
The first episode being the one with a jedi master training him
And the 2nd being the one where he naively think he could beat Vader, only to get horribly butchered and saved by his sister

Only thing I remember in EP6 is luke who know Vader can sense him and yet decide to go to Endor
Then he litteraly think the rebel offensive plan is still secret and get BTFO live by Palpatine, who slowly crush the rebels just to fuck with his head
>>
>>64180620
Dude wasn't old per se but he was definitely really baby faced for a General of a facsist army.

That being said, it isn't that big of an issue. Hux is based.
>>
>>64181246
>Rey is perfect and never needs help from anybody ever.
except for when she was captured and then did nothing to destroy the starkiller
>>
>>64181223
>magical info
watch the fucking movie dingus and look at how Kylo fights.

He overswings like a child. He spins his lightsaber for no reason just to do a basic strike (unlike the prequels where they were trying to imitate wushu and the strike would be just as convoluted). He constantly leaves himself wide open from his overswings. No other character is overswinging, you don't choreograph overswings even when you're trying to look cool because it makes the character and the choreographer look like an idiot on screen.
>>
>>64181223
Rougher combat =/= intentionally overswinging.

Overswings are commonly scene in younger students that just wanna go in. It doesn't look good on film and its definitely not good for the user. All it does is leave you open to get killed
>>
>>64181308
Did you forget the part where she escaped all by herself?
>>
>>64181261

shh don't break >>64181050 's fantasy of his hero Kylo Ren
>>
Honestly, I didn't find it off-putting or even stupid that she beat the shit out of Kylo Ren. The thing I had more of a problem with was the idea that Kylo was supposed to be badass in the slightest.
Dude was a bitch, he even killed Han in the most bitch-tier way possible. I imagine he killed the others in an equally bitch-tier manner. Hell, the actor looked like a bitch. The moment he took his mask off, I was disappointed.
The notion that he was supposed to be this strong badass was ridiculous. Honestly, Ray Allen beating the shit out of him was one of the few issues I didn't have with this movie.
>>
Going to strawman the hell out all anti rey fags

>B-B-BUTTTT SHEEEEE'SSSS A GIIIIIRRRRRRRLLLLL REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>64181223
See >>64181261

Kylo is not very good at lightsaber fights

To be fair after his buddies destroyed Luke's temple he probably had no reason to practice unless he wanted to fuck around with the other Knights of Ren.
>>
>>64181261

>Finn
>competent swordsman

It's like you didnt even watch the movie.

Finn used that saber twice and got his ass kicked both times.
>>
>>64176871
that scene was clearly more about ren being flawed imo. he was injured, but still had clear upper hand over both finn and rey. Then he loses focus when he tries to turn her and gets btfo
>>
>>64181378
but she ran into the gang and then of course didn't get off the planet herself
>>
>>64181378
She would have been a goner without Chewie, Han and Finn coming to get her on the Falcon.
Finn also fought Kylo off long enough for her to get back on her on her feet after getting BTFO.
>>
>>64181402
everyone in the empire looks like a bitch now
>>
>>64181261
Finn could have just poked him while he was doing that shit

blunder of a fight
>>
File: !.jpg (6 KB, 324x324) Image search: [Google]
!.jpg
6 KB, 324x324
>>64181246
This man's on to something
>>
>>64181448
I'm saying if Finn WAS a half competent swordsman he would have beat Kylo very easily right then and there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTWjJDh87SE
>>
>>64181246

Rey was scared and unwilling to accept the prospect of having power.

She ran away from her responsibilities much like Finn tried to before hand and was only pulled back in when stormtroopers were trying to kill her.

She didnt just grab the lightsaber and say "okay ill go save the world all by myself!"

or does her initial cowardice not count as a flaw because she reluctantly overcame it?
>>
>>64181402
That was the point, you dip. The first scene sees him acting just like Vader, but you know something's wrong right from the start because the old man just keeps saying "C'mon kid, you're not really dark side."

Next scene you see him throw a temper tantrum.

Then after that he's crying that he's not badass enough to his pop pop's mask.

Then he gets embarrassed by a newbie force user, throws another tantrum, and kills his dad while crying.

Then he loses in direct combat to the newbie.

The film shows his power fantasy unraveling from beginning to end.
>>
>>64181428
nobody ever said that about any of the other girl jedi in the prequels. nobody even complained about anakin being an overpowered child because it was set up and acknowledged that he was the super powered chosen one. no characters have questioned reys secret powers and abilities yet, which is pretty bad writing. There was no conclusion of the rebels returning and telling everybody what just happened. Its implied they told some stuff and/or leia already knew because she was force sensitive, but they never had a moment of reflection like all the other movies.
>>
>>64181194

I really hate it when people try to equate the shit writing in this movie or anything really to it being gender related. There's pretty much more examples of male mary-sues than female ones and most of the time they're just bad unless it goes to hilarious levels. Even if you don't think she is a sue the lack of character growth accompanied by out playing most people at their jobs and having no character flaws made her boring to watch. Much how the stale delivery and hardly any character growth made young anakin boring to watch.

They're shit characters and in a simple fairy-tale esque story like starwars there should be more of an explanation of how things lead to other things. Like really if they showed her operating a air based ship it would've given some sense of how she was good at flying and could out maneuver two indoctrinated nazi pilots. Luke had to be saved twice after saying he could totally take the shot just like like shoot womp rats.
>>
File: star-wars-before-the-awakening.jpg (89 KB, 620x956) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-before-the-awakening.jpg
89 KB, 620x956
I don't care about Rey winning

I care about Finn LOSING

That is actually bullshit.

Finn was the top Stormtrooper in his legion for marksmanship and melee combat. His prequel story shows this and he was the most promising Stormtrooper. He is as well trained in melee combat as Kylo is if not more so since he doesn't spin his baton like some kingdom hearts kid or over swing.

Finn should have been able to beat Kylo or at least put up more of a fight
>>
>>64181526
when the fuck did she run away from her responsibilities?
she wanted to stay on jakku because shes a sad but loyal orphan who naively believed her parents were coming back. she wasnt running away out of fear. she doesnt hesitate to use the gun han gave her either. she didnt even react when she killed her first storm trooper (I think finn did? I cant remember actually).
>>
>>64181605
force sensitive lightsaber fighter > non force sensitive lightsaber fighter
>>
>>64181580

>nobody ever said that about any of the other girl jedi in the prequels

Because they never got any screen time.
>look at that girl jedi who is in the background for two seconds! Guuurrl power amirte?

>nobody even complained about anakin being an overpowered child because it was set up and acknowledged that he was the super powered chosen one

Becaused the glossed over all of his training in favor of trade negotiations and decided having him play guess the image was enough to show how in tune with the force he was.
>>
>>64181402
If you think the character that violently throws tantrums often enough that his subordinates steer clear rather than be concerned is badass, you might want to reevaluate your ideas
>>
>>64176871
she is the force awakening
>>
>>64181621
Finn killed his first storm trooper in the TIE with Poe. No real reaction.

Rey's reaction to killing her first storm trooper was "Oh. I killed that guy." Then immediately killing two or three more.
>>
>>64181087
>she's actually a genetic weapon made entirely of force

so dragonball z : starwars edition.
>>
>>64181657
vader did the same thing with choking people
>>
>>64181647
see >>64181261

At this point his training should have told him to stab this idiot
>>
The other apprentices didn't have lightsabers. It was probably pretty easy to cut them down

Kylo has probably only ever spent his time practicing cool moves, and Rey just let the Force flow through her, which is all lightsaber combat requires
>>
>>64181693
what did you think midichlorians were?

midichlorian count = power levels
>>
>>64181741
I'm not denying that finn has training, I know that, but lightsabers are the weapon of those who are force sensitive
>>
>>64181726
>violently smashing a control panel to bits with his lightsaber
>quietly choking someone without even lifting a finger

sure buddy
>>
>>64181785
you don't need to be a force sensitive to use a lightsaber
>>
>>64181621

She literally ran away and denied taking the lightsaber after having that crazy ass vision and told the tangerine lady to fuck off. Then she runs away while freaking out only to stop when she saw bb 8 was following her.

Then stormtroopers raided the joint and came after her. And she did react after killing the first trooper. She looked rightfully freaked out and killed a couple more when they started to show up.

Then Kylo shows up and kidnaps her. Thats pretty much the only reason she stuck around was because she was captured. Otherwise she would have found the first shuttle out of there so she could hitchhike back to Jakku

So does that count as a moment of weakness or is she still perfect with no character flaws?n
>>
>>64181726
You're confused, Vader is never shown angry
He forcechoke people out of ruthlessness, he even quietly say "Apologies accepted" right after killing the man
>>
>>64181785
force sensitivity apparently doesn't give people common sense then
>>
you guys should know that capacity/talent doesnt make up for skill, which needs time and repetition to develop.

also, that a wounded, even nearly dead pro is still 1000 more dangerous than a handful of newbs in top condition.
>>
>>64176871
When they were locking blades I really really thought it was going to end with her getting behind him and force pushing him off the cliff. That would have been far more reasonable than her suddenly just beating the shit out of him after spending the first part of the fight running away.
>>
>>64176990
This is why /tv/ hates the movie.
They can't project themselves out of their fat pale bodies into the male lead because he's black.
>>
>>64181851

Vader is never mad at you.

He is just disapointed.
>>
>>64181843
It was a moment that made no fucking sense. Her whole reason for wanting to go back to Jakku was that she was waiting for her family.

>Your family is never going to Jakku. You have to find them yourself.
>NO!

What?
>>
>Tr-8r fucks up finn
>Finn goes toe to toe with Kylo Ren
Maybe Kylo just sucks
>>
File: 1449700194828.jpg (80 KB, 679x720) Image search: [Google]
1449700194828.jpg
80 KB, 679x720
The lightsaber fights were seriously horseshit

fucking Obi-wan/Qui gon/Darth Maul was a fuckton better than this Star Treck rotten dungpile
>>
>>64176871
Because... Feminism
You can thank that monkey bitch - Michele Obama.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGWBoiF1-u8
>>
>>64181657
I literally said the complete opposite. What part of "Kylo Ren was a bitch" did you not get?
>>64181535
Yeah, like I said, he was a fucking bitch. Why are you all acting like Rey beating the shit out of him was bullshit? She was established as being capable, he's a fucking man-child that can only beat up people weaker than him.

Did any of you actually read my fucking post?
>>
>>64181934

She didn't want to believe they weren't coming back.

Is that really hard to understand?
>>
>>64181843
that isnt running away from responcibilities, thats getting a crazy ass magic vision that blurs the past, present and future. Id be confused as fuck and want to escape from a weird ass orange aliens house too.
>>
>>64181946
none of the movie fights are good compared to the ones we got on the TV Shows
>>
>>64181976
>"Dude casual racism lmao!"
>>
>>64182061
hello reddit
>>
>>64181605
He said he was the janitor
>>
>>64182009
TV shows? You mean the animated ones?

I really can't take those seriously, it's not even visually attractive.
>>
>>64182087
He wasn't a Janitor he was the guard of the sanitation department which he was assigned to after his training when he failed to follow orders on his first assignment to kill a buncha unruly workers on some space station.

He was still the top of his legion
>>
>>64182119
I mean all three of them. They completely shit on the fights we got in the movies and actively set out to do not shit versions of the fights in the Prequels.

The Tartakosky Clone Wars, the Cartoon Network Clone Wars, and the Rebels show.
>>
>>64181087
>she's actually a genetic weapon
So she's the Fifth Element?
>>
>>64179470
>false memories
Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.