[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the Death Star can use its tractor beams on a ship as small
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
If the Death Star can use its tractor beams on a ship as small as the Millennium Falcon from such long range, why can't it do that to all the Rebel fighters when they attack the Death Star? The Falcon isn't all that much bigger than a starfighter, pic related.
>>
Obi-wan turned it off
>>
>>64168895
I'm imagining the entire staff of the death star combing the ship for hours trying to figure out why the tractor beam is down, and nobody thinks to check the on switch
>>
>>64168875
Same reason you can fly under the radar.
If the Falcon is far away from the Deathstar, the hanger tractor beams can get them. When a bunch of some of the fastest one man fighters aren't even 100m above your surface and no where near your hangar bays you can't get a clear line of sight on them.
>>
Why can't they build a planet that tractor beams other planets?
>>
File: TractorBeam.png (126 KB, 194x300) Image search: [Google]
TractorBeam.png
126 KB, 194x300
>>64168875
tractor beam can only target one thing at a time, they just had the tie fighters do the job instead of just capturing them
>>
Is that a customized X-Wing?
>>
>>64168999
They had to approach the Death Star before they could get that low.

>>64168895
So he turned it off, Vader lets them escape and nobody turns it back on?

>>64169096
The Death Star has like 700 separate tractor beams
>>
>>64168964
>No longer canon
>"Star Wars Legends"
>>
>>64169760
>The Death Star has like 700 separate tractor beams
no
>>
>>64169103
Yes, X-Wing that comes with the Rebel Transport ship with some minor additional paint.
>>
>>64168875

Tarkin legitimately didn't consider the Rebel assault to be a threat, so he was content to let the flies buzz around ineffectually until he'd destroyed the base. Twice the pride, double the fall.
>>
>>64168875
Because then the good guys wouldn't win
>>
>>64171819
>In addition to its superlaser, the surface of the Death Star was also peppered with 15,000 turbolaser batteries along with 768 tractor beam emplacements.
And trust me the autists on wookipedia would know more than you
>>
The death star is hands down the most efficient weapon there is. Its' only weakness is "Plot".
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.