[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT we post excuses for TFA >jus turn off ur brain >star
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 8
File: Daisy.jpg (28 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
Daisy.jpg
28 KB, 700x350
ITT we post excuses for TFA

>jus turn off ur brain
>star wars was never that good anyway
>the force was always about believing, not training

Why are Star Wars fanboys going to such lengths to shield this movie from legitimate criticism?
>>
I'm not a star wars fan but this goes for any fandom

if you don't like the movie and some people do, why start a huge shitstorm?

Just let people like it in peace, why care?
>>
>>64166976
REDDITOR DETECTED
SHIT TASTE CONFIRMED
TFA IS ABSOLUTE SHIT YOU IDIOT
>>
File: Daisy_Ridley_SWTFA.jpg (50 KB, 620x565) Image search: [Google]
Daisy_Ridley_SWTFA.jpg
50 KB, 620x565
>>64166883
Every fucking time
>>
>>64166976
You can't understand.
You were not there, man.

YOU WERE NOT THERE !!!
>>
>>64166996
Okay, you think TFA is shit. And some people think it's good. What's the matter with that?

Do you just want everyone in this world to like the same shit as you do?
>>
>star wars was never that good anyway

this is actually incredibly true
>>
>>64166883
Rey a cute
>>
>RotJ wasn't even a good film!
>it was better than the prequels
>you just don't like anything that wasn't made before 1999!
>>
>>64166976
>if you don't like the movie and some people do, why start a huge shitstorm?
>Just let people like it in peace, why care?

Thanks for contributing.
>>
File: 730.png (1 MB, 1000x926) Image search: [Google]
730.png
1 MB, 1000x926
>>64166976
Ive got a better idea. Let's just shut down the Internet so no one says anything mean about anything

>this is what millenials and founders believe.

Fuck man. I can't wait until the huge backlash against political correctedness it's going to be so good
>>
>>64166976
> why care?
Most of us are probably fans of the franchise. If it was yet another shitty Fast and Furious movie, nobody would care.

Everyone outside of /tv/ seems ok with this soft reboot nonsense, and it's disappointing
>>
>>64166883
>why can't you like it? Everyone liked it
>I actually wanted a reboot of ANH, it "sets up" the next movies
>that'll be explained in the sequels
>it was better than the prequels, that's all we could have hoped for
>why are you complaining about the plot? We wanted it to be like the OT and that's what we got!
>it was fun!
>f-fucking contrarian
>>
>>64166883
>JJ had to play it safe
>it's just a kids movie grow up
>>
>>64168162

My sister actually used this one on me. I'm probably the biggest Star Wars fan in the family and when she asked for my opinion on TFA I said it was basically just a big rehash of episodes 4-6, with no compelling additions, and basically not even worth doing.

Her defense was "well, that's what they intended." I don't know why she thinks that made it seem any better. Shameless, soft-reboot cash-in masquerading as a bona fide sequel trilogy? That's just kind of offensive.
>>
File: 1451251101377.jpg (45 KB, 747x709) Image search: [Google]
1451251101377.jpg
45 KB, 747x709
>"just look how much money its making"
>>
>>64166883
>the force was always about believing, not training
So you've never seen the OT?
>>
>>64168302
Yes, there were definitely no training scenes in the OT.
>>
>>64168302
how do you know Rey wasn't trained as a youngling? oh right, you don't.
>>
>>64166883
>now that people love star wars again they can do something more original in the next movies :)

literally no evidence that they're even going to try to do that
>>
>>64168257
Yep, very similar scenario for me too. Although of all my friends (late 20s) no one liked it but 1.

All the comments ranged from "mediocre" to "race inducing" for the most passionate ones.

Is it maybe because we're in EU? Last AmeriAnons i talked to went to see it 2-3 times, one even 7 times 1 each day for a week

Is this normal?
>>
>>64168380

>as a 5 year old
>>
>>64166976
I'll give you some reasons why I'm a curmudgeon about this.

>actually have friends unlike most of /tv/ so i've been invited to see the movie by three different friend groups plus my family
>hated it the first time i watched it so i respectfully declined when everyone else asked me to see it
>they literally all told me i should see it again, or that i'll like it better in 3d, or that i'm just 'being a hipster'
>i'm actually a big star wars fan and i'm disgusted at seeing it getting the capeshit treatment and even more disgusted that so many self proclaimed fans are not only accepting this but enthusiastically lambasting it as being a near perfect movie and ignoring every critique i throw at it

I'm a bitter motherfucker as a result of all of this. The past two weeks have been this bullshit non fucking stop, plus seeing it on my facebook feed. I can't stand it anymore, and it's only just beginning. Disney basically fucking ruined Star Wars for me.
>>
>>64168447
Oh, look, there's another one
>my fan theory explains this poor characterization
>>
>>64168521

I think there is definitely an element of blind fanboyism here in the States. Star Wars itself seems to have been sucked into that terribly cancerous pop sci trend that has dominated my generation. They aren't actual fans, they're watching it because its trendy and makes them feel smart.
>>
>>64168302
Have you? In the OT I saw Luke barely able force pull his lightsaber to him and that was against no resistance plus he had already trained a bit with Obi-Wan and had plenty of time to practice. I also saw Luke fail at being able to lift a rock with the force and it wasn't until a significant amount of time had passed training with yoda that Luke became proficient in using the force. Plus in every other piece of star wars canon it took every Jedi significant time training and practing the force until they became effective in using it.

But in TFA 5 minutes after Rey learned she was force sensitive she already could use Jedi mind tricks and later that same day she was easily able to force pull a lightsaber to her and that was with resistance from Ren, a Skywalker trained by Luke and Snoke.

It's complete and utter bullshit.
>>
>>64168539
Yes, that is about the age mentality of people who like TFA. Good work, anon.
>>
>>64168380
ANH
>Luke plays with a toy while Obi-Wan says to let go
>Luke now has superhuman intuition about when to shoot the death star
>Luke can now use telekinesis in the beginning of Empire

Emprie
>Yoda teaches Luke philosophy
>lightsabers never come up
>lifting the rocks/x-wing aren't about the technical skill of telekinesis but learning control and belief

Jedi
>I'm back to finish my training!
>You already did, just go kill Vader

Oh no wait I mean Luke only could be Vader in RotJ and not Empire because between the movies he spent all his time in the force caves on Dagobah practicing lightsabers in the dark side cave. Luke beating Vader was all about Luke's mastering of lightsaber fighting and had nothing to do with a dark side power boost.

Luke's training amounted to "the force is real, the dark side is bad, we play by fuzzy philosophy rules."
Or are you telling me the training ball scene in ANH is about getting the muscle memory down of blocking laser blasts instead of letting go and letting the force flow through you?
>>
>>64168521
>Is this normal?

America is
-more prone to groupthink
-more saturated with advertizing
-more invested in Star Wars generally

what's funny is that Disney have literally planned for this, and are going to outright spam Star Wars movies until the fandom is completely farmed to extinction.

you can think of it as the ultimate pop-cultural idiot test: people who fail it will have hundreds of dollars taken from them and only slowly realize that it's all been a waste.
>>
>>64166883
because it's not legitimate criticism.
>>
>>64168668
>Empire
>lightsabers never come up

jesus, just get out of the thread you idiot
>>
>>64168706
Oh, yeah, because this movie is infallible. Sure.
>>
>>64168668
In TFA:
>I just learned I was force sensitive 5 minutes ago. Time to go use force powers and beat Luke's former student in a lightsaber duel LOL!
>>
>>64168447
That's the PERFECT JJ Abrams excuse right there. How do you know Jedi aren't a subsidiary of the Dharma Corp. They never say they're not. Fucking Abrams
>>
>>64168602
What resistance did Rey face when using the force to grab the lightsaber? Her and Ren are pulling it in the same direction.
Luke never fails to lift "a rock" with the force. It's an x-wing and when Yoda does it the lesson is about Luke's believing in the impossible. Are you serious?
Your precious EU and prequels don't fucking matter nerd. It's not about what a corporation stamps as canon, it's about what the OT is about because that's the only thing that influenced JJ and Kasdan for these new movies.
>>
>>64168447
Because the only thing we know about Reys past is that she was abondaed on Jakku, presumably by her parents, as a young child. She also didn't know she was force sensitive until Ren told her. If Rey was trained as a youngling there is nothing to support it, let alone suggest it.

Your headcanon is complete bullshit. But you redditors will go to great lengths, even if it means blatantly making things up with no support, to explain JJs retcon of the force bec is you can't just admit that it's bullshit.
>>
>>64168677

same thing as Call of Duty

same thing as Marvel movies

I'm so done
>>
>>64166883
You haven't even seen it, have you?
>>
>>64168736
We're talking about training asshole, obviously there's a duel at the end. Yoda never trains Luke with the lightsaber, he even tells Luke not to take it into the vision cave thing.

>>64168756
>dark side isn't as strong as the light
>regardless, kylo ren clearly isn't at full strength
makes sense to me
>>
>>64168590
Star Wars is just going to become like a superhero movies now. Forgettable and shallow movies. Everyone will just go see them because everyone else will. It will become just another oversaturated medium that is fueled by "hype" from constant advertisements everywhere. Everyone just wants to fit in.
>>
>>64168590
>>64168677
Mmh, i've seen that image of the apparent future Disney roadmap for SW. 1 movie a year for 5 years plus the tv series.

If it's any close to the truth it's gonna be a loooong ride.

I'm so bummed, the more i think about TFA the more i realize i just watched those 5 minutes recap before every anime episode

>Previously on SW...

Yesterday i rewatched John Carter ffs even that was more entertaining
>>
>>64166883
I rewatched the original trilogy over the weekend and TFA is pretty much in line with the tone from those movies. I don't get what you guys are so upset about.
>>
>>64168668
Ok? So training is all about learning how to let the force flow through you and take over. It took Luke and seemingly every other canon Jedi significant time to allow for that to happen, yet Rey had no problem doing so 5 minutes after she learned she could use the force?
>>
>>64168833

>Marvel movies

Whatever, faggot, GotG is 100% better than TFA. GOtG is the new Star Wars.
>>
>>64168934

Pretty ironic that there used to be something of a social stigma associated with being a big Star Wars fanboy, back before people didn't see the merit in science fiction, science, "nerdy" things.

Now it's cool, a point of pride, PROFITABLE. Everyone wants in. Fuck them.
>>
>>64168677
>and slowly realize that it's all been a waste

you give the average consumer too much credit
>>
>>64168894
>dark side isn't as strong as the light
Well in that case, Luke should have just kicked Vader's ass in cloud city and went on to buttfuck the Emperor.

Add this to the list of retarded excuses, faggot.
>>
>>64169009
Mainly because it felt like watching an inferior quality remake.

Plus the ton of shit about the plot, direction and mildly pushed merchandising (C3PO Red arm is for new toys for example)

Nobody trusted JarJar Abrams but we thought at least he had the balls to invent something instead of taking ANH script just to change names
>>
I'll join:
>why does Kylo Ren look and act like he has the 'tism? I literally cannot take him as a serious villian
>>
>>64169180
Vader is hardcore
Kylo wants to be hardcore but his conscience won't let him
>>
>>64166883
>Shit writing is ok if she's a girl :^)
>>
>>64168804
What resistance? Ren was trying to pull it to him. When it got to Ren it wasn't going on the same direction, he was still trying to pull it to him. And the fact the Rey was even able to pull it to her in the first place made no sense seeing as Luke had so much trouble doing the same thing even after he had some training and practice.

Yes Luke does fail to lift a rock when training with Yoda. He started to lift one then dropped it because, presumably, lifting things with the force is hard and takes a lot of training and practice to become effective at. Yet Rey was able to easily do just that a couple hours after she learned she could even use the force.

Yes it is mostly about what the OT is about and in the OT it took Luke months, if not years, to become effective in using the force and it took Rey 5 minutes. Its bullshit.
>>
>>64169180
>b-b-but Yoda said so!

Yeah...they keep saying this but Yoda got blow out by The Emperor too. The Dark Side is always portrayed as more powerful, just plot devices make the heroes win. Like in all movies.
>>
>>64166976
If you like the movie and some people don't, why be a faggot?

Just let people hate it in peace, why care?
>>
>>64169265
Still someone who knows what he's doing vs. some nobody who thought the force was a myth a day ago.
>>
File: star_worse_a_not-so-new_hopeless.png (1021 KB, 1115x1380) Image search: [Google]
star_worse_a_not-so-new_hopeless.png
1021 KB, 1115x1380
>>64166883
>>
>>64168668
So what takes Luke months, Rey does in 15 fucking minutes?
>>
>>64169254
I agree that TFA was too much of a greatest hits collection. Can't really say much about the merchandising aspect as Lucas was the king of that shit.
>>
>>64169114
>GotG is 100% better than TFA.
True, but GotG also fits in the Disney/Marvel movie mold. Safe, entertaining, and forgettable. Their SW movies will be the same.
>>
>>64166883
>there is a plot I think, I"m sure it will be completely developed in the next two movies.
>>
>>64169366

Of course

Rey learned how to be an elite Electrical Engineer from tinkering around with non-operational parts scattered around the desert

She can do, and learn, everything
>>
>>64169366
To be fair, Lucas did a shit job with that as well. In Empire, Luke was last seen doing hand stands and stacking rocks. Then in RotJ he up and announced himself as a Jedi Knight.
>>
>>64169366
It's pretty obvious they will pull the "memory wipe" card

She was already trained a bit, plus you add some fancy innate skill

Kylo flips out, Luke hides her and wipe her memory for protection

JJ MAGIC
>>
>>64169357
Still someone with a bowcaster wound hemorrhaging into the snow vs someone who knows the other is afraid of them
>>
>>64169366
Ya, I dint get why redditors can't see how bullshit that is. What makes it even worse is that Luke had 2 of the most powerful Jedi ever training and guiding him and Rey had nobody to show her the way and even thought the force was just a myth until Han told her it was all real.
>>
>>64166976
Same applies to you. Let people dislike it in peace, ok? You don't have to open these threads if you don't want to. Fuck off. To reddit, tumblr. Or Just fuck off.
>>
>>64169475
My only problem with this theory is that wouldn't a successful memory wipe mean Rey is weak of mind which potential Jedi aren't supposed to be.
>>
>>64166883
>IT WAS EVERYTHING I WANTED IT TO BE!!!!!
>>
>>64169366
How do you know it takes months? Luke is clearly able to move shit with his mind in Empire without training. You mean because Luke doesn't get into a lightsaber duel until he's had Yoda training? You have no idea what it'd be like for him to use a saber in a fight at the end of ANH. Is there some huge difference for you between blocking laser blasts and blocking saber swings? There is for me, the lightsaber is easier to block.
>>
>>64169465
And Empire was the second movie. And Luke had already received some training from Kenobi. And time had passed between ANH and empire for Luke to practice on his own. And Luke could barely force pull his lightsaber in the beginning of Empire. And Luke could only do that shit you said after he spent time training with Yoda. And when Luke first started training with Yoda he couldn't do those things.

If that is a shit job then what happened in TFA is 20 times worse.
>>
>>64169485
>redditors

I believe you have to consider how much they despise prequels (because someone told em to). Not defending PT, but i think, for them, anything that is not Prequels will get an automatic free pass

>>64169525
True, but we have to face A) how much JarJar Disney care about sense and B) "eh she was still little so it worked" cheap line
>>
>>64169506
Disliking it is fine, but I think it's time the mods start deleting all the duplicate threads about Rey being able to easily defeat Kylo and various other general complaints that should go in a few threads, not a dozen active ones.
>>
>>64169475
>It's pretty obvious

Based on what? There is nothing to suggest that the fact that people have to blindly make up theories with no evidence to support them shows just how shitty of a job they handled Rey and the force in TFA.
>>
>>64169646
And now it's nothing. Remember last week?

They wont delete most of them for a while longer. /tv got a FUCKTON of traffic in these days. Shits pay the bill
>>
>>64169602
True but Lucas did a really bad job of showing how much time had passed. Like just how long was he training in the swamp with Yoda? He was still doing the same basic crap right up until he flew off to help Leia and Han.
>>
>>64169731

>levitating multiple objects while handstanding

That is not simple

he is keeping track of multiple objects under his force power, as opposed to one object, it is splitting his power and focus

The saber training on the other hand is fairly rote past the basics of learning how to channel the force in your strokes
>>
So is Jedi bitch the daughter off Han Solo/Princess Leia?

Are her and Kylo Ren twins like Luke and Leia?

How utterly memetastic if true.
>>
>>64169591
>without training

He had some training from Obi-Wan. Plus time had passed from ANH and empire where he could have practiced. So yes, what it took Luke weeks to months to barely accomplish it took Rey a couple of hours, with absolutely no training or practice, to accomplish. No one is complaining about the lightsaber duel, everyone is complaining about how she could use the force so effectively 5 minutes after she learned she could use the force when it took Luke and every other canon Jedi months, if not years, of training and practice to do the same things.
>>
>>64169483
Perfect 10/10 excuse for going from a badass who can freeze people in place with his mind to flailing idiot getting rekt by everyone.

Now's the part where you close your eyes and pretend people haven't been talking about him drawing power from the pain of his wound by punching it repeatedly.
>>
>>64169366
>>64169475
There's no way it's a wipe. She just believes in the force immediately, allowing herself to be succumbed to it.

They play on this very well - she was absolutely convinced she needed to go back to Jakku, because she believed someone was going to pick her up.

She fought like absolute shit in the Kylo lightsaber battle until she allowed herself to believe in the force as her ally.

It's pretty obvious things are going in that direction. Not about training and technique, as ESB very much details out. It's about believing in the force.
>>
>>64169692
>based on what?

It's simple. Just think of the most cheap plot line you could use to explain the bad job. There. I'm not saying it's gonna be 100% specifically memory wipe, but i'm saying it's gonna be 100% some stupid shit along those lines
>>
>>64169831
Pretty sure the character age differences are roughly the same as the actor age differences so they're definitely not twins.
>>
>>64169731
So Lucas did a bad time showing how much time had passed? For the sake of argument I'll agree. But at least be showed time had passed with Luke training and practing to do those things. Rey could do those things on the same day she learned she could use the force with no training or practice. And that would have been fine if the OT and even the PT didn't establish that it takes significant training and practice to do those things. Retcon at its finest.
>>
>>64169902

>just believe

and we're done here

this is the climax of the "I can be whatever I want with talent" generation
>>
>>64169985
I'm trying to determine how much time Luke spent on Dagobah but i'm swimming in pure autism threads

>weeks
>months
>force was so strong to alter time so he stayed for years

And so on
>>
>>64170040
Well considering now LightSabers are basically Harry Potter wands it's not a surprise
>>
>>64169902
So retcon.

In the OT and PT its about practice and training, not just to master the force but to also learn to believe in it and let if flow through you.

But Rey believes in it instantly and let's it flow through her instantly, something that no Jedi could do before. Something that took Luke and other Jedi months of training or practice to do effectively.

I mean if all it takes to effectively use the force is to believe in it and it's such an easy thing to do that someone could go from thinking it was a myth to believing in it and effectively using it in 24 hours then Luke would have mastered the force right away and not have struggled so much. But that wasn't the case because that's not how it worked until JJ retconned it.
>>
>>64170120
It couldn't have been more than a few weeks realistically.
>>
>>64169902
if it wasnt about training at all then anakin would have curbstomped yoda and obi wan by himself
>>
File: SHUTTHEFUCKUP.png (196 KB, 263x258) Image search: [Google]
SHUTTHEFUCKUP.png
196 KB, 263x258
>>64170040
You need to learn to Listen and Believeā„¢, anon-kun.
>>
>>64170120
>>64170245
Who knows. I'm pretty sure it was 3 years that Han spent in carbonite so it was anywhere from weeks to years. Significantly more time that 5 minutes.
>>
>>64169902
You can do anything and beat anyone as long as you believe hard enough and believe harder than them :^)

Might be worse than midichlorians desu senpai.
>>
>>64168521

I'm from EU

I have talked about the movie with something like 5 or 6 friends and my dad

Nobody actually liked the film. We all enjoyed it but nobody thinks it was good.

Then in this board people all like "wow Kylo Ren is the defenitive villian", when everybody I've talked with thinks he's a joke and kills the movie.
>>
>>64170581
I mean that's basically what Obi Wan taught Luke in ANH though.
>>
>>64170609

No. He told him about his potential, and started him on the path towards unlocking it.

THE PATH. TRAINING. EXPERIENCE. NOT SHUTTING YOUR EYES FOR A COUPLE OF SECONDS YOU FUCKS.
>>
Why'd they kill that Phasma chick so nonchalantly? Why'd they kill off almost fucking everyone?
>>
>>64170593
Well let's just hope someone else will start seeing this movie with a bit more criticism. As someone was suggesting in another thread, it seems negative or more moderate reviews are starting to come out.

Disney can't pay everyone forever
>>
Heard this one today at work.

>it's just a step by step copy of A New Hope
>A New Hope is a great movie bro, why wouldn't you want that?
>>
>>64170715
I'm sure she escaped. Though Kylo should force choke her traitorous ass to death.
>>
>>64170715
Phasma ain't dead. Already confirmed in ep8 cast. Need to sell those toys yo
>>
>>64167073
Isn't this a discussion board? Aren't we supposed to discuss things? Irl I don't give a shit, but arguing about movies... that's kind of the point bruh.
>>
>>64170659
Yes but Luke managed to make the shot on the Death Star with minimal training and a vague encouragement to "use the force". After rewatching the OT this past weekend, I realized it's pretty much all the same shit.
>>
>>64170764

>when people go personal about every argument

fucking can't contain my rage there. literally can't. I throw a tantrum. you can guess my "luck" with girls now.
>>
>>64170863
>minimal training

2 meters womp rats you silly boy
>>
>>64168521

Amerifag here, I've now seen it twice in as many weeks.

First time was IMAX 3D with a friend, and I came away from the movie feeling absolutely betrayed and very angry at Disney and Abrams.

Second time with 2D standard with my family, and I still didn't like it, but I didn't hate it anymore. More like I had resigned myself to it, accepted it.

My friend liked it, my family thought it sucked except for my sister, who's in her early 20s.

I'm going to give it one more chance on new year's and see if I can make myself like it, because I don't like the idea of becoming one of these "I ONLY ACCEPT THE OLD EU" faggots. I want to love a living, breathing, growing Star Wars, not a finished Star Wars that won't go anywhere anymore.
>>
>>64170863

Luke's main skill is piloting and target shooting. That notion is repeated throughout. It's his favorite thing to do in his spare time on Tatooine. He does it all the time. He "bullseyes womp rats in his T16", Biggs regards him as the best shot he knows, and the backstory of Anakin being a good pilot as well lends credence to their inherent prowess piloting small craft.

Then, for all of Luke's idiocy and incompetence throughout ANH, he finally comes through with a Hail Mary moment channeling his skill and the Force that Obi Wan had revealed to him and trained him to start channeling, as redemption.

Not a never ending montage of him displaying competent to great ability in every domain imaginable like Rey.

This is the last I'm going to explain this clearly as it seems like I've had to do this a thousand times on here for people who cannot examine these movies and characters piecemeal as dynamic stories require (not that TFA is dynamic, that's the problem).
>>
>>64171025
Fair enough, although his piloting/shooting abilities prior to meeting up with Han were all offscreen similar to Rey's mechanical skills. I'm just saying a lot of the same criticisms people have with TFA can be leveled at the originals as well.
>>
>>64170593
Everyone I talked to thought the film was great and agreed that Kylo was one of the best villians in SW.
>>
>>64168569

I hated it the first time I watched it. HATED it. Ripped it apart to everyone who would listen to me.

But then, reluctantly, I saw it a second time and warmed up to it for some reason.

Then say it a third time, and now actually like it. Don't love it, but really like it.

It's a movie you gotta see a few times to appreciate. Our expectations were so high we were bound to be disappointed the first viewing, but honestly, it's not that bad.

It will grow on you, anon. Have faith. Go with you friend. Watch it one or two more times. It will grow on you, I swear.
>>
>>64170863
you keep leaving out "trust your feelings, Luke"
>>
>>64171342
>spend another 20 or 30 dollars until you've convinced yourself that you enjoyed it anon!

Sorry, not happening. There's nothing about this movie that would ever require one to watch it several times to appreciate. It's literally a generic sci fi action movie like John Carter with a Star Wars skin slapped on it that lifts nearly a dozen blindingly obvious tropes or plot devices from ANH. Not worth wasting my time or money on repeated viewings.
>>
>>64171342

thanks Mickey. I'll keep that in mind
>>
>>64168162
But those are legitimate arguments
>>
>>64171683

not for dropping $200 mill on another "iteration" of Star Wars you asshat

just don't bother if that's your platform, let our franchise be and stop looking for a brand to whore after John Carter failed
>>
File: nightmare.jpg (40 KB, 800x341) Image search: [Google]
nightmare.jpg
40 KB, 800x341
>>64171683
I watched ANH yesterday and had completely forgotten about pic related. Did any subsequent Star Wars movies ever have a moment more morbid than this?
>>
>>64169832
>He had some training from Obi-Wan
This shit cracks me up
>>
>You talk, or I talk? xD!
Jesus. It's a fucking Marvel flick. I'm sure Reddit has 10,000 boners after hearing that line.
>>
>>64166976
If you don't like criticism, just let people dislike it in peace, why care bruh
>>
>>64172034
>She's not pure or innocent, anon. Daisy's a whore bag who went around the block one too many times sucking dicks and abused pussy.
Why was this deleted?
Fuck you faggot hotpockets.
>>
>>64172173
Mods love Daisy. Don't insult their precious new waifu.
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.