[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>implied complex past involving Luke as a child >discovers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (447 KB, 1936x1170) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
447 KB, 1936x1170
>implied complex past involving Luke as a child
>discovers force sensitivity and develops skill much like Luke and Snikin (likely her relatives
>light saber flies to her instead of Kylo as force theme plays and the whole theater tears up with emotion
ITT we talk about how Rey is actually an intriguing character with a mysterious and complex past
>>
>>64164501
I like how she could understand wookie.
It made her seem like a real friendly person who would fit in anywhere.
>>
Those things do not a good character make. While I think the cries of Mary Sue are entirely unfounded, I can't deny that the ease with which everything thing came to her somewhat off-putting, and in stark contrast to Finn who basically did nothing BUT stumble. I can only hope that it's a thread intended to hook in and play off of Kylo's arc throughout the sequels, but I hesitate to call her a good character yet.

That said, I enjoyed Ridley's performance and I am intrigued to learn more. Hopefully the next movie really puts her through the paces.
>>
>>64164501

i liked how she panted in every scene
>>
I know this is bait, but-
>Implying a complex past is not the same as writing one.

I like how Han Solo complimented her all the time and never had to teach her anything.
>>
>>64164545
I wonder if her knowing Wookie is related to her living on a trading planet or her implied past in the Jedi training school where she may have known Chewie since he's Luke's friend
>>
>>64164711
what if she bied in the bext mobie?
>>
>>64164823

>this damage control
>>
>>64164823
she pried it from chewie's mind using the force
she's actually Revan, who was put in stasis for a thousand years, and lost all memories again.
>>
I teared up when the saber went to her
>>
>>64164901
Disney plays it too safe to kill her off
>>
Trying to figure out her past and how Luke and Kylo fit into it is pretty interesting tbqh
>>
>>64164814
He taught her to point her blaster at the ground outside of combat situations and that there's more to it than pulling the trigger. Yeah it's not much
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.