[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How in their almost 100 year history, have Disney failed so miserably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: prince_of_egypt_ver2.jpg (56 KB, 507x755) Image search: [Google]
prince_of_egypt_ver2.jpg
56 KB, 507x755
How in their almost 100 year history, have Disney failed so miserably in making an animated feature better than this?
>>
>because you're playing with the big guys now!

What did they mean by this?
>>
File: 1431296171470.jpg (88 KB, 423x585) Image search: [Google]
1431296171470.jpg
88 KB, 423x585
How in their almost 100 year history, have Disney and Dreamworks failed so miserably in making an animated feature better than this?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9LiGFXZYts

why couldnt they have done other biblical stories in this style?
>>
>The motion picture you are about to see is an adaptation of the Exodus story.
>
>While artistic and historical license has been taken, we believe that this film is true to the essence, values and integrity of a story that is a cornerstone of faith for millions of people worldwide.
>
>The biblical story of Moses can be found in the book of Exodus

>first scene is some stupid over-the-top chariot chase comedy scene
>>
>>64163345
>>first scene is some stupid over-the-top chariot chase comedy scene
But the first sequence is Deliver Us and the killing of the babbies
>>
>>64163296
El Dorado (despite being very good) lost them a lot of money so they decided that making quality movies wasn't the way forward and resorted to trying to make the biggest memes possible to get people in the cinema. Shrek being the success it was meant they never went back.
>>
>>64163426
I'll have to rewatch.

I have a selective memory because I dropped it after that scene. I knew it was going to be the usual anachronistic DreamWorks comedy shit and I gave up.

The Road to El Dorado did the same goddamn thing. "Holy ship!"
>>
>>64163493
>I want serious drama from my cartoon movies
>>
>>64163081
Certainly a better soundtrack than Disney ever managed, dunno about best overall, especially compared to some of the early Pixar stuff.
>>
>>64163538
Everything except the big boys one anyway
>>
>>64163493
Holy fuck

You didn't even watched it
>>
>>64163479
Blame Steven Spielburg
>>
>>64163081
Price of Egypt is the greatest animated film because it looks like a real movie. If it was live action it would be a masterpiece of cinematography. But because it's animated people overlook it.
>>
>>64163479

>Puss in Boots gets an animated series
>Madagascar gets like fucking 3
>Even that godawful Snails movie you don't remember got one
>El Dorado got NONE

This always got me. One of the only movies they made that would actually lend itself to an animated "Road to" series and we get squat.

>tfw no more Chel
>>
>>64163081
>YOU WHO I CALLED BROTHER...

:'(
>>
>>64166447
I WILL NEVER LET YOUR (MY!) PEOPLE...
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.