[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>George Lucas gets to remake these movies with modern advancements
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 640x291) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 640x291
>George Lucas gets to remake these movies with modern advancements in CGI
What changes?
>>
nothing
>>
More rocks and stupid shit
>>
I'd rather him remake with less CGI and more sets.
>>
>>64156929
>atrocious acting
>garbage dialogue
>nonsensical plot
only 3 more things to go
>>
10 minutes of singing faggot in jabba palace
5 seconds giant dinosaur things in tatooine
bgger explosions
>>
virtual actors

>>64157087
this of course
>>
Just like a PSX game "remastered" to PS4
>>
>>64156929
even denser
>>
No real actors.
Lucas voices everyone.
>>
>>64156929
Keep the special FX, just cut down the dialogue. Chop it down to the bare minimum.
>>
>>64156929
Even more large animals walking front of the camera, achieving 100% fill of the shots
>>
I actually wouldn't mind seeing a "special edition" of the PT.
Just swap out the old CGI for new shit and add in a few deleted scenes.
>>
I honestly think the Prequels deserves a remake or a reboot, I dunno, it's a awesome backstory that if it was done right would increase the value of the OT.

Star Wars could literally be the greatest saga then, if we exclude 7
>>
>>64157690
>remake or reboot
Would literally be the worst thing ever.
>>
no forced liberal propaganda
>>
>>64157711
You just know it's going to happen the moment Lucas dies.
>>
>>64157832
It can happen at any point, as lucas has zero creative control over star wars.
>>
It's in the Disney contract that George Lucas isn't allowed to ever touch a Star Wars film again.

He isn't even allowed within 40 yards of a cinema that is showing Star Wars.

He does however get to go on any ride he wants at Disney World without queuing first.
>>
>>64157832
It would be suicide on Disney's part.
They would piss off and it's quite a big number these days all the original PT fans.
Remaking the PT would also make people realize, no matter how much FOR THE FANS bullshit they spew, that it's all a cashgrab.

Remakes of the PT would fail amazingly.
>>
Have the opening of just Anakin walking to a stage. He takes off his pants and starts shitting while the rest of the cast sing the Star Wars theme in acapella. This goes on for 2 hours.
>>
>>64156929
prequels become the hobbit
>>
>>64157923
>He does however get to go on any ride he wants at Disney World without queuing first.
I would have held out for Universal.
>>
>>64157868
True, but when he dies they can claim they're doing it as an homage to Lucas, and he won't be there to kick up a stink about it.
He won't be able to do anything about it, of course, but him bitching about it would be slightly damaging and highlight it for the cashgrab it would be.

>>64157946
Not really. You forget how many people absolutely loathe the prequels with all their being.
>>
>>64158020
Honestly, and I mean this, PT hate is more of a meme.
Not trying to sound like everyone else on here, but most people hate the PT because it's the cool thing to do.

The PT is different from the OT in that it doesn't spell everything out for you. The viewer actually has to pay attention.
Unfortunately, the average moviegoer doesn't afford that much thought to movies so the ones that they don't get they don't like.

It would be a horrible idea on Disney's part, but I guess we'll see.
>>
>>64157946

No? PT have almost no fans. TFA made more money in a week than any PT movie in it's entire run.

They are going to remake those shitty movies. It's just a matter of time.
>>
>>64158091

0/10
>>
File: redditfrog.jpg (19 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
redditfrog.jpg
19 KB, 396x385
>>64157711
>>64157690
>>64157832
We can dream
>>
File: spiderman commits Hare Krishna.gif (3 MB, 453x373) Image search: [Google]
spiderman commits Hare Krishna.gif
3 MB, 453x373
>>64158091
I knew it would only be a matter of time before ironic prequel apologists infected the board.
>>
>>64158118

I'll be too old to care by then

thank god

I'll at least be in my mid 30's and preoccupied with other stuff
>>
>>64158189
>implying it's ironic
>>
>>64158254
sadly it's not
>>
>>64158020
The boilerplate studio contract has an anti-defamation/slander clause. So if lucas ever kicks up a stink at any point, hes in breech of contract, and disney is entitled to all the money back, plus interest, with damages, etc, etc.

Which is the exact fate lucas deserves at this point. Disney can shit all over him, and hes gagged forever.
>>
>>64158574
>white slavers
>>
>>64158574

He signed that contract while he was drunk and butthurt, didn't he

>I-I'll show those a-asshole fans!!
>>
What'd be the ideal way to remake the PT?

It should be more Anakin/Obi-Wan adventures in the backdrop of the Clone Wars vs...whatever we got.
>>
>>64157559
I'd pay to watch this, it would be really funny.
>>
They also make Jake Lloyd do every one of anakins shots so they can put him into the film
>>
The visuals were the only redeeming factor of the prequels. You'd have to do a complete recast and find actors who don't deliver lines like robots if you want to salvage it.
>>
I think a simple update to the CGI and the removal or addition of a couple of scenes would be enough to call it an improvement.
>>
>>64156929
his bank balance gets even bigger
>>
>>64158826
Episode I:
>Cut Naboo shorter to get to Tatooine faster
>Leave fucking Jar Jar on Naboo
>Anakin is now 14, same age as Padme, /ss/ fanart is lost but that 'are u an angel' scene is less retarded now
>Most of Tatooine goes similarly except instead of Jar Jar, Obi-Wan is off the ship too
>Qui-Gon wins both slaves in the podrace
>Maul learns of Anakin, reports to Sheev, Sheev shows some immediate concern and tells maul to kill him immediately
>as they're escaping, Qui-Gon is mortally wounded by Maul, Shimi dies shielding Anakin, Maul assumes he killed Anakin but his blade misses him. Maul jumps back on his bike and escapes
>Anakin cries like a bitch and has a scene with Padme on the space ship talking about how she always dreamed of freedom and it killed her
>Obi-Wan is fucked up too, his master is dead and the Sith are back, we see emotion from him
>They get to Coruscant, report on everything, things go similar
>except the Jedi council refuses to train Anakin, refuses to let Obi-Wan accompany the queen back to Naboo until an investigation is done (Jedi council mirroring Senate bureaucracy)
>After Sheev meets Anakin, Sidious sends Maul a harsh communication telling him to get to Naboo and finish what he started
>Obi-Wan disobeys the council, Anakin joins him, they both get on the shiny ship. Obi-Wan trains Anakin who uses Qui-Gon's saber
>they use a remote and a blast helmet to practice deflection, literally POTTERY, he's a natural
>Get to Naboo, the droid control ship scene is cut and instead more focus on the ground battle at the palace
>instead of destroying the ship, the Naboo security guys plan to just force Nute to turn off the armies by capturing him
>new scene with Anakin driving one of those Naboo speeders instead of a space ship and Padme shooting droids from it, the "let's try spinning, that's a good trick" line remains as he does a spin to dodge a tank shot and kills it with a rear shot from the speeder's mounted blaster

cont in next post
>>
>>64158826
The first movie could have the gungas as the main enemy army being manipulated by palpatine with the promise of them representing naboo in the senate. It would make sense since they actually dont like the naboo and they're pretty dumb.
It's also an excuse to kill the gungas off early so we dont have to suffer them the rest of the movies
>>
>>64159440
>Anakin and Obi-Wan duel Maul, goes the same except with Obi-Wan getting trapped in the shield
>he's shoved down the shaft, Anakin assumes he's dead but he grabbed the coupling like before
>Anakin chimps out on Maul, loses momentum and is disarmed
>Obi-Wan starts losing his grip, the coupling he's holding on to heats up
>Qui-Gon comes in and tells him to stop being a bitch nigga
>he jumps out of the pit and kills Maul
>Council is pissed at Obi for disobeying them on two fronts but sighs and tolerates it since Anakin's already started his training and they are deeply concerned with the reemergence of the Sith

Episode II
>Starts off with Anakin and Obi-Wan on some weird Alien world doing a mission, as they finish they are recalled to Coruscant to protect a senator
>surprise it's fucking padme
>things go kind of similar, Jar Jar is not a senator
>Obi-Wan goes to track down Jango, Anakin is left with Padme
>Anakin and Padme get their own lead, they go off to some other place on an adventure (same excuse as the movies with them going to Tatooine, Padme is going and Anakin is dragged along)
>on the ship Padme has a video call with her family, they talk about how her sisters have families, we get to see her get sad as her biological clock is ticking
>they both save each other on the mission, the love is played out there instead of in the shitty naboo scenes
>when they have their conversation, Anakin talks about how he's an outsider among the Jedi, how nobody in the order knows what it's like to have a mother, nobody really knows what love is
>Padme talks about how her life in the senate has left no time for her to find love, how she's surrounded by millions on Coruscant but still feels alone
>interrupted by Obi-Wan's distress signal, they go to Geonosis, have a much shorter scene than the factory bullshit
>the arena scene goes similarly
>the dooku scene is similar until the end, Windu shows up instead of Yoda, sword fight begins immediately

cont
>>
>>64158574
Contracts mean nothing in the court.
>>
>>64159837
>Jedi Master Shaft gets pissed at the whitebois for going in too early, we see Windu be a bit of an asshole to Anakin (he's also the Jedi who says they won't train Anakin in Episode I to further establish the antagonism)
>Samuel Jackson yelling is stopped by Yoda who arrives and reminds him to chill the fuck out, movie ends the same way more or less except maybe upgrade to PS3 graphics on the fucking clone army scene, god that was bad looking

Episode III
>Overall plot remains pretty similar, less slapstick from the droids and a few refinements
>Grevious is given more of a backstory and made into a tragic character
>It's made clear that he was altered against his will, his memories of his lover return to him, he remembers how he became Grevious after his lover was killed
>recounts this story to Obi-Wan in a non-cartoon villain voice on Utapau before their fight, demands that Obi-Wan grant him an honorable death
>the 'I feel like an outsider' angle from Anakin is played up more now that Padme helps him with his mommy issues, Padme being pregnant is now a very happy character, Anakin is still not fulfilled
>His dream terrifies him even more (forgot to mention there should be a Shimi death dream in Episode I to maximize pottery)
>He starts looking like he hates Windu after Windu refuses to make him a master
>When Padme arrives on Mustafar, Anakin starts crying at first when Obi-Wan arrives before he chokes her out and tries to kill him
>Anakin and Obi-Wan talk more during their duel, becomes less of an adventure across the playstation 2 lava level and more of a battle between formerly close friends

That's about it imo.
>>
>>64159837
>>64160281
>Windu fights Dooku instead of Yoda and then gets angry at Anakin
Nice
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.