[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When i first saw the force unleashed i thought that kylo rens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8
File: maxresdefault.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
When i first saw the force unleashed i thought that kylo rens speech to han was a little odd. Why imply that he wasnt to come back to the light, and ask for help doing this, only to kill him right after? But after watching it a second time it clicked

>its too late
Its too late fro him to turn back to the light
>im being torn apart
Hes being torn apart, not because the light calls to him, but because he knows what he needs to do to become Sith
>i want to be free of this pain
The pain of knowing he cant turn back from the path hes chosen
>i know what i have to do but i dont know if i have the strength to do it
Hes not talking about coming back to the light, he knows that to become Sith he needs to act out the "sacrifice", but hes not sure he can do it.
>will you help me
Will you help me me by allowing me to sacrifice you
>thank you
Thank you for making this easier for me

At no point does kylo ren have any intention of turning back to the light during this scene. The conflict shown isnt between the light and dark within him, its the conflict of knowing that if he wants to be Sith, he needs to kill his dad.
>>
... Congrats, you figured out what literally all of us did on the first viewing.
>>
>>64153079
That would be right if kylo didnt say to the skull of vader that he still felt the light inside him
>>
>>64153079
Wow OP you just blew my mind
>>
Well done, now delete your post before you spoil the movie for others.
>>
File: never-go-full-retard_1271.gif (203 KB, 490x209) Image search: [Google]
never-go-full-retard_1271.gif
203 KB, 490x209
>>64153079
But that is REALLY REALLY STUPID.

Obviously Han thought he was trying to bring back his son to the light, and not throw his own life away to help his kid become a sith.

And if Ben/Kylo thought that is what Han meant by "helping him" he went full retard. No reasonable person would have made that conclusions. That by help Han mean "Kill me and become a mass murderer"...
>>
>>64153186
That and the potterystic use lighting in that scene, with kylo's face split in half with red and Blue light until he decide to kill sólo.
>>
>>64153079
how fucking retarded are you
>>
good job you understood the scene like any normal human being does at the first viewing. Han though he was talking about coming back to light, Ren talked about finally going full dark. It rhymes

>>64153225
You're fucking retarded
>>
>>64153079
A way to add to this is considering the dude is unhinged enough to have his grandpa's mummified head in his room to talk to it, is that his speech isn't him talking to Han. It's him talking to Vader to help, akin to a prayer.
>>
>>64153234
He's right though and most viewers are not picking up on this.
>>
Guys, I had to watch the movie a second time to figure it out

But I think Kylo Ren is Han Solo's son
>>
He's conflicted, that's the point of the scene. He does consider going back to the light. Your interpertation relies on Kylo being deceptive, which is far from what he is.
>>
>>64153355
>Hey dad, can you help me come back to the light?
>Sure thing son
>Thanks dad, wait no, ima kill you instead
yeah caus that makes much more sense

The whole scene scream light vs dark, until kylo says "i know what i need to do, but i dont know if i have the strength to do it". this on its own could be interpreted as coming back to the light, but the fact he kills his father after saying this, then says thanks shows that "what he needed to do" was kill his father. Why else would kylo say thank you?
>>
>>64153312
Are most of Americans really so literal minded that they can't understand even subtlety this obvious and it has to be spelled out for them?
>>
>>64153225
This guy is right. Kylo wasn't really getting help from Han because their goals for one another are obviously different.

This is shlock.
>>
And Kylo's resolve shatters the moment Han touches his face right before he dies. He built up this image of his father as an antagonist, only to find out that Han still loved him.

Driver really sold that scene. There were precious few scenes that were great in this movie. This was one of them.
>>
>>64153483
Part of sith training is the sacrifice. To prove to their master they have what it takes to be sith, an apprentice needs to kill a loved one. Kylo knows this, but he doesnt know if he has the strength to go through with it. hence why he asks han to help him, not to come back to the light, but to act out the sacrifice, hence why he says thank you to him after he kills him
>>
File: 1412934050734.jpg (30 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
1412934050734.jpg
30 KB, 600x451
>>64153079
>he didn't understand this the first time
>>
>>64153527
Yes
>>
>>64153079
What did you think about it when he fucks harrison ford up later in the same scene?

at what point in the second viewing did you realize this?
>>
Thanks OP, it's what I already knew because some little fucking FAGGOT FUCK NERD spoiled it DAYS before the movie came out and fucking RUINED EVERYTHING and mods allowed threads with spoiler images to stay up for 10+ minutes or more.

So I found every last faggot nerd who did this shit and taught them a faggot nerd lesson they'll never forget.
>>
>>64153529
>>64153225
Han thought he meant help him come back, but he didnt realize what kylo was actually saying. I also doubt han has any extensive knowledge of sith induction rituals
>>
>>64153483

Did you just completely miss the symbolism?
There's a huge ray of light shining on the bridge where they confront coming from the star that was being sucked up. Light in the darkness, a symbol of hope, all that shit to represent the fact that kylo isn't all evil

At the point where he's about to hand over his lightsaber, the light disappears (because the sun is finished being sucked up) and he changes his mind. There's no more good in him, just darkness

Han wasn't providing himself as a sacrifice, kylo did just change his mind. The one thing they drove home the most about him is that he's incredibly emotionally unstable and wants to be on the dark side despite there still being some good in him
>>
>>64153651
no probs bro, happy i could help
>>
>>64153483
For helping him, would be the "light side" interpertation.
>>
>>64153483

He says thank you as in thank you for providing me with an opportunity to cement my position on the dark side
>>
I have an IQ of 104 and I knew this upon the first viewing
>>
His words and actions up to the point just before impaling Han imply he wants to die and is asking Han to do it to end the pain.

After he kills Han, everyone realizes what he meant and op is stupid for needing a second viewing to understand.
>>
>sacrifice

you made this up.

The pain is Han Solo himself, his family. It's a connection/link to the light & he must severe the ties to the light to become one with the darkside.

There is no 'sacrifice', only his knowing of having to do what must be done. Han thinks it's the darkside tearing him apart, but it's actually Han being there, in Kylo vicinity causing the conflict.
>>
>>64153527
>Are most of Americans really so literal minded that they can't understand even subtlety this obvious and it has to be spelled out for them?

No, but most people who shitpost about star wars are literally autistic and /or developmantelly disabled and the rest are pretending to be.
>>
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 354x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 354x270
Jp was better in grandmas boy
>>
>>64153079
not posting the real pic of Luke's saber stabbing him.

hello Reddit newfat
>>
>>64153079
Kylo wants to become like Vader, so he thinks that if he kills his father it will bring him further into the Dark Side and thus make him stronger. Its really fucking simple nigger
>>
>>64153186
Yes he had the light inside him, that's why it was hard for him to kill his father.
>>
>>64153106
Maybe in hindsight. I doubt that all of /tv/ figured out Kylo meant it THAT way the first time they saw the movie.

Watching the movie a second time makes the scene really interesting because you pick up on some things.
>>
>>64153079
MIND = BLOWN

upboated this epic theory

man star wars has the deepest lore xD
>>
>there are people who didn't immediately get this

Is this a fault of modern TV which spells everything out for the viewer?
>>
>>64153106

/thread

jesus christ
>>
>>64154027
>I totally knew that he didn't mean he wants his father's help to come back home the first time around
>>
>>64154050
Of course I did, it's not that hard. And I've only seen it once
>>
File: 1447627250515.jpg (553 KB, 1496x1432) Image search: [Google]
1447627250515.jpg
553 KB, 1496x1432
>>64154102
>>
>>64154125
Him saying "thank you" should have made it click in your mind, dumbass, what else could he have meant? How stupid can you be?
>>
>>64154148
He says "thank you" after that line, though.

You realize we aren't talking about you understanding it AFTERWARDS? Fucking imbecile.
>>
>>64153186
He idolizes Vader though, having some light side feelings would bring him closer to Vader who also showed light side as a Jedi and before his demise.
>>
I thought this was pretty obvious. Why would you understand something different from that scene?

I mean he fucking kills Solo after his speech
>>
I'm curious if anyone else who didn't have the film spoiled, did you know what he was going to do when he asked for Han's help?
>>
>>64153942
no, everyone else picked it up on the first viewing

i'm guessing you were the kid in class that used to take 6 minutes to read the 2 paragraphs outloud when the teacher called on you
>>
>>64154182
Are you retarded?
People are talking about the first time you see this movie you approach this scene without knowing he ends up killing him.

His dialogue can very well be understood differently.

NO SHIT you get what he meant AFTERWARDS.

Holy fuck Americans. Kill them all.
>>
Yo remember the scene when Kylo sets his helmet down while talking to Rey? Are those Anakin's ashes on a pedestal where he sits his helm?
>>
File: 1359723648324.jpg (22 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1359723648324.jpg
22 KB, 429x410
>>64153942
Is this a joke, are you being sarcastic here?
>>
>>64154167
Look at OP you retard, he obviously just got it.

Anyone should have got it after he said "thank you"
>>
>>64154212
Yeah, IMMEDIATELY afterwards, as you're supposed to. Not by watching it a second time. If you had to watch it a second time to get it, you're fucking dumb
>>
Looking back and watching the movie a second time, I think Finn was actually a stormtrooper and not just some spy implanted there who got way too over his head

>pao asks him his name
means he doesn't recognize him from the resistance
>Finn says some number shit and claims its the only name they gave him
unless he is faking(which there wasn't reallya reason to), he doesn't have a real name to give
>the weird code name he used is used by Phasma and Kylo Ren
this suggests that it is a real name he has given
>he only identifies himself as finn to new people, with a huge smile
He is super happy to have a real name
>The bad guys talk about stormtroopers breed and raised to be stormtroopers

So instead of him being some rebel spy sent into the base to pretend to be a stormtrooper, he may actually be one of these new stormtroopers who just got over his head.
>>
>>64154348
Obviously.

I'm just saying that it's very easy to misunderstand what Kylo is saying the first time you see the movie up until the kills him. The dialogue still works both ways and it's more likely you take it the "I don't know if I can leave the dark side behind, will you help me please" way.
>>
>>64154417
Yeah that's the point of the scene
>>
File: dawkins.jpg (63 KB, 948x1414) Image search: [Google]
dawkins.jpg
63 KB, 948x1414
>>64153079

Are you fucking serious OP? Everybody got this shit on the first viewing. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>64153079
>tfw i saw this screencap posted a day or so before seeing tfa
>tfw i read the line "im sorry" underneath
>tfw i had no idea what i was looking at and didnt see it was a lightsaber sticking out of his back

Close call pham
>>
>>64153079
my 55 year old dad who watches Big Bang Theory and King of queens constantly, understood that right away. This is autism on par with "why does Rey look smug"
>>
>>64154530
Me too, I thought it was a red hologram head of Han Solo or something
>>
>>64154557
Why does she look smug though?

Why does she have puffy mouth corners? I want to kiss them
>>
>>64153079

This was obvious before he even killed Han, on the first viewing. You have autism.
>>
Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
I will do what I must.
>>
>>64153079
Yeah no shit.
>>
>>64153691
Handing over the lightsaber is there to mislead audience.

During the whole movie, Kylo is talking about how he is having difficulty killing his sympathy, or "good" in him. He mentions being torn apart by the sides to Han.

Everything towards this point has shown that he wishes to walk Darth Vader's path to dark. And that there is still hesitation in him. The beacon of light, Han Solo's interpretation of the situation, and even the handing of the lightsaber, are there to mislead audience.

The disappearing sun is symbolic, but the handing the lightsaber is bs, unnecessary and should've been included.

IF Kylo had surrendered at that point, everything before this point would've been total bs, making his heel-turn idiotic in terms of his character.
>>
>>64153106
>/tv/ picking up on anything remotely subtle

Haha
>>
>>64154381
I dunno. Its still up to be seen if Poe is Sith Lord or not. Dindu Nuf Finn not being traitor sounds like a bad fanfic.
>>
>>64153079
>force unleashed
>>
>>64153079
Yep.
That's what I assumed everyone got.

Good troll if you're trolling though.
8/10, creative.
>>
File: han-leia-force-awakens[1].jpg (196 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
han-leia-force-awakens[1].jpg
196 KB, 640x360
After watching the movie for a second time, i just found out that the general of the resistance isn't Jabba the Hut, but Princess Leia. I know it was supposed to be a callback tot he previous movies movies, but it didn't make sense as to why a princess became a general. A smuggler with money could have easily became a general, but then certain things clicked

>she is still royalty to me
the line that weird guy said earlier in regards to the general. implies they used to have title.
>The general says bring back my son to Han Solo. Jabba the Hutt had to be a male in the universe, so If Kylo Ren was genetically a human, then Jabba couldn't be the dad
>When Han Solo hugs the general, the general is shorter than Han SOlo
Granted as years pass by, Jabba could have shrunken, but this seems to work against this belief.
>The General was surrounded by slaves in bikinis or screaming little aliens
I thought this was weird but maybe they got ditched somewhere for humans
>General Organa
I just assumed this was some Jabba the Hutt talk shit, but if you remember the original trilogy Leia's surname was Organa

At first I would have sworn that this was Jabba the Hutt, but after the second view, it seems more obvious. I'm still not 100% sure, but I feel stronger now that this is Leia Organa instead of Jabba the Hutt.

I guess i'll just wait for the sequel to confirm
>>
>>64153079
>>64153106
>>64155047

So, wait, in conclusion - Han's retarded

Why the fuck did he help him out? Why didn't he just grab the saber when offered?
>>
>>64155587
he did grab it

ren either bitched him out and held a tighter grip, or did some force shit to make solo look like a bitch
>>
>>64155376

underrated post.
>>
>>64153670
It defeats the logic that Kylo would be bolstered by Han's support if Han means something totally different.
>>
>>64153332
but who is the mother? Was it midichlorians?
>>
>>64155947
i think it was jabba the hutt
>>
>>64154212
But it's clear he's going to kill Han even before he ever takes a step onto that bridge.
Its actually clear the moment Leia tells Han to go talk to Ben.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.