[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There has never been a single scary CG moment in a horror movie.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: engineer004_jpg.jpg (67 KB, 1280x696) Image search: [Google]
engineer004_jpg.jpg
67 KB, 1280x696
There has never been a single scary CG moment in a horror movie. When will people realise this and bring back practical effects?
>>
JarJar was pretty scary
>>
there have been tons of good ones you didnt notice were cgi.
>>
>>64152306
Where is your example?
>>
>>64152306
Like _______ and ___ _____
>>
File: 1293061020392.png (331 KB, 545x485) Image search: [Google]
1293061020392.png
331 KB, 545x485
>>64152322
>>64152329
where are your good examples of good practical effects? OP pic? looks like a fucking puppet. no way that thing is going to tear you apart. bet it moves like a bag of sticks.
>>
>>64152381
That is from Hellraiser, one of arguably the scariest movies ever made.
>>
>>64152322
doesnt matter what I name since you will say "its not scary". this is 4chan. but follow me and the frighteners had good and scary cg images. hellraiser is my favorite horror movie ever but your statement is too simplying. I guess I could agree if you would talk about characters being cgi though.
>>
>>64152381
>where are your good examples of good practical effects?
The thing, exorcist, alien, the fly, the terminator, in the mouth of madness, videodrome, and event horizon and thats off the top of my head, without even trying to think hard about it.

It's not JUST practical effects though, its the editing and camera work you have to use to shoot around them.
>>
>>64152492
>the frighteners
>that guy running around under the wall paper in the opening sequence
Too bad the reaper didn't age very well. I thought it was great as a kid.

Frighteners also had a lot of great practical effects in it too. I'm thinking mostly of the old coyboy ghost with his shit falling apart, and the gore effects.
>>
>>64152668
and you really think those movies had only practical effects?
>>
>>64152762
Event horizon is the only one of those that has ANY CG in it, and none of it is in service to creature effects. It's some digital blood in the explosive decompression scene, and shit floating in 0g when they first get on the ship.

Even the ships are miniatures.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.