[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOW HOLLYWOOD CAUGHT THE UK’S MOST PROLIFIC MOVIE PIRATES
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 25
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 200x177) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 200x177
>Last week the UK's most prolific movie pirates were handed sentences totaling 17 years. With claims in court that the men went to great lengths to hide their identities, just how easy was it to catch them? Papers detailing the investigation obtained by TorrentFreak reveal that tracking the men down was a relatively simple affair.

>Following a three year investigation by Hollywood-backed anti-piracy group the Federation Against Copyright Theft, last week five of the UK’s most prolific movie pirates were sentenced in the West Midlands.

>Graeme Reid, 40, from Chesterfield, Scott Hemming, 25, and Reece Baker, 22, both from Birmingham, Sahil Rafiq, 24, of Wolverhampton and Ben Cooper, 33, of Willenhall, received sentences totaling 17 years.

>The men were behind several interrelated movie release groups including RemixHD, 26K, UNiQUE, DTRG and HOPE/RESISTANCE.

>“Over a number of years the groups illegally released online more than 2,500 films including Argo, the Avengers and Skyfall,” FACT said in a statement.

>"The outreach of their criminality was vast. On just one website where the group shared their films there had been millions of downloads.”

https://torrentfreak.com/how-hollywood-caught-the-uks-most-prolific-movie-pirates-151227/
>>
File: Mocking Intensifies.jpg (77 KB, 400x291) Image search: [Google]
Mocking Intensifies.jpg
77 KB, 400x291
>copying information on the Internet
>"piracy"
>"crime"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeTybKL1pM4
>>
>>64148281
4 white lads and 1 sandman, well at least no discrimination
>>
>>64148281
>reveal that tracking the men down was a relatively simple affair.
>Following a three year investigation
>simple
>took 3 years
>>
>A big government sting operation treating some people downloading movies like some criminal organization

>meanwhile Britistan's mosques are full of Muslims talking shit about how they're gonna take over one neighborhood at a time, and no one's watching them

Retarded.
>>
>>64148354
>doesn't respect IP

You're the thief here
>>
>>64148387
fuck this gay ass world
>>
File: 1406447244810.jpg (32 KB, 344x337) Image search: [Google]
1406447244810.jpg
32 KB, 344x337
Imagine if they spent even a quarter of the time and resources on stopping muzzie rape gangs.
>>
Did they catch the wrong people, those release groups are literally whos
>>
>>64148281
Sounds like parallel construction to me.
>>
File: Rosie.jpg (59 KB, 488x325) Image search: [Google]
Rosie.jpg
59 KB, 488x325
>>64148416
>a term made up by people to monopolize the beautiful invention brought to the world by Tim Berners-Lee, the invention that Tim himself hoped would be free for all to use
>actually using the Internet to make money with
>being this greedy
>being this lazy

Post-millennial tard detected
>>
File: stop.jpg (349 KB, 615x461) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
349 KB, 615x461
>>64148500
> years of trolling later
> still trying to pull le moral high ground pirate argument
>>
File: Missed By THAT Much.jpg (13 KB, 295x295) Image search: [Google]
Missed By THAT Much.jpg
13 KB, 295x295
>>64148551
Not really getting it, are you? I'll try to avoid using any four-syllable words so that your post-millennial mind can understand this.

You see, son, before you Common Core, Patriot Act, Homeland Security, ADHD megatards, there were many people who understood and respected virtues that have been passed down from generation to generation over thousands of years. Virtues that worked and still work, today.

Virtue.
Honesty.
Integrity.

What YOU don't understand, boyo, is that HTTP, and subsequently, the Internet that we know today, was brought to us by somebody who respected these virtues. Somebody who wanted humanity to succeed. I would venture to wager that he feels nothing but shame now, shame at corporations using things such as "DMCA" and "DRM" to protect what they feel is valuable, physical property. Property that can be copied and distributed without damaging or destroying the original item.

Is this getting through? Are you comprehending this? Copying DOES NOT DAMAGE OR DESTROY THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE. Anyone who believes that they have some pre-ordained, God-given "right" to make money from a digital item, an item that can be copied WITHOUT DESTROYING THE ITEM, is an ignorant, greedy fool.

Here endeth the lesson.
>>
>>64148450

this

https://kat.cr/usearch/DTRG/?field=time_add&sorder=desc

>camrip
>dvdrip
>BRrip
>>
File: you_should_be_able.jpg (67 KB, 683x720) Image search: [Google]
you_should_be_able.jpg
67 KB, 683x720
>>64148653
So in your world, we would have no digital media at all? I'm not sure you're working out the math there. Just say you're a cheap faggot that doesn't want to comtribute to society and move on.
>>
>>64148551
Considering the state of laws surrounding modern technology and piracy how gray and full of loopholes it all is I'd say morality and principles is all you can really have. Unless you believe might makes right which wouldn't surprise me.
>>
So they're just arresting uploaders?
>>
File: Ca$h Monie$.jpg (256 KB, 1999x1021) Image search: [Google]
Ca$h Monie$.jpg
256 KB, 1999x1021
>>64148726
>Just say you're a cheap faggot that doesn't want to comtribute to society and move on

That's a funny way of saying, "I obtained several degrees before you were born, run my business, pay my taxes and pay my employees well, but refuse to pay for digital media because digital media can be copied without destroying or damaging the original item."

Still, friendo, believe what you like. I don't give a fuck that you're a struggling "e-artist". Get a real job like I did, post-millennial babby.
>>
>>64148726
that's not what he said at all. damn, you're super retarded.
>>
>>64148500
>Tim Berners-Lee
>le uk invented the internet meme

The internet was being used for piracy long before he came up with http
>>
>>64148726
>Just say you're a cheap faggot that doesn't want to comtribute to society and move on.

Look at fucking loser

Ahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
File: Babby.png (379 KB, 468x396) Image search: [Google]
Babby.png
379 KB, 468x396
>>64148810
Yes, because clearly the World Wide Web was a throbbing hive of activity for billions of people, before HTTP came along
>>
>>64148757
Well if you have money and don't support your hobbies I truly wish the worst form of plague upon you. But this is 4chan, you're about 16 tops, and you're just a cheap shit
>>
i think i've saw one HDremix release
that's it
>>
>>64148840
>Yes, because clearly the World Wide Web was a throbbing hive of activity for billions of people, before HTTP came along

Yeah man, overnight http made billions use it

Also
>tcp/ip
>bbs
>usenet
>email
>not the internet
>b-b-but world wide web!

lmaoing @ u
>>
>>64148387
>>64148387
Are you honestly thinking the four lion brigades in mosques are capable of anything ? Do you really think the MI is no keeping track of every single move they make ? This not America senpai, we don't announce to tabloids what our secret service is doing
>>
File: Steven.jpg (54 KB, 500x691) Image search: [Google]
Steven.jpg
54 KB, 500x691
>>64148841
I do support my hobbies. Many of my hobbies are primarily physical. You know, those things that people build using their hands and hard work? I pay them what they're due, they're happy, I'm happy, the taxman's happy, people are on welfare are happy because my taxes are helping them continue to survive while looking for work, I'm happy to have "done my little part for society" and all that, and I don't give a flying fuck about the oversaturation of the entertainment industry, especially as it pertains to media on the Internet.

There are plenty of office or factory jobs out there for you beatnik hippies on your computers. Go get one. I'm not paying a cent for your shit.
>>
>>64148841
>Well if you have money and don't support your hobbies I truly wish the worst form of plague upon you. But this is 4chan, you're about 16 tops, and you're just a cheap shit

Good goy

Buy all your media up and shame those who dont. This will definitely lead to you having a successful life
>>
>>64148873
>This not America senpai, we don't announce to tabloids what our secret service is doing

And the us does?

Like the time they told tabloids about illegal wiretaps, monitoring all the internets traffic, ect?
>>
>>64148757
shut thwe fuck up childe!
>>
>>64148281
While what they did was breaking copyright, why should this be treated as some big operation using up a lot of resources?
>>
File: nothing.jpg (55 KB, 244x250) Image search: [Google]
nothing.jpg
55 KB, 244x250
>>64148281
>RemixHD, 26K, UNiQUE, DTRG and HOPE/RESISTANCE
literally who?

well as long Hollywood or whomever lobbied for the arrests is happy, it's all good I guess

I mean why waste police investigators for handling the acts of terrorism, murders, rapes and you know, the actual theft instead of copying bunch of ones and zeros
>>
>>64148940

Because they want to scare the normies away from piracy so they can make bank selling you digital copies of everything under the sun
>>
>>64148728
no,they coming 4u whiteboi.
>>
File: jj-abrams-star-wars.jpg (119 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
jj-abrams-star-wars.jpg
119 KB, 660x440
>Downloading movies should be illegal!
This!! How else will the hollywood directors, producers and executives pay for their fuckbois, ferraris, mansions, jewelry and drugs????

Downloading a movie is worse than murder!
>>
Don't murderers get like 6 month suspended sentences in Britain?
>>
>>64148841
>you're about 16 tops,

Ironic, considering;

The conventional level of moral reasoning is typical of adolescents and adults. To reason in a conventional way is to judge the morality of actions by comparing them to society's views and expectations. The conventional level consists of the third and fourth stages of moral development. Conventional morality is characterized by an acceptance of society's conventions concerning right and wrong. At this level an individual obeys rules and follows society's norms even when there are no consequences for obedience or disobedience. Adherence to rules and conventions is somewhat rigid, however, and a rule's appropriateness or fairness is seldom questioned.

Its hysterical how easy it is to spot people like this
>>
File: 1405892762953.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1405892762953.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
>>64148281
>sentences totaling 17 years
>received sentences totaling 17 years.
i like how they dont want to say that they only got 3 years each and are probably out in 1-2
>>
>>64148981
I stream because I'm a fucking pleb. Checkmate patricianfag.
>>
>>64149073
ok so you're 14 tops then.
>>
>>64149051

no
>>
Post yfw its only a matter of time before they catch the yifi
>>
>>64149138
>has no idea what kohlbergs stages of moral development is

Come back when you've started college
>>
people pirate cause it's easy and free

>muh morals
>muh worthless digital information

stop lying
>>
>>64149206

have you not been paying attention? they did catch YIFY.
>>
File: 1450970943577.jpg (18 KB, 574x429) Image search: [Google]
1450970943577.jpg
18 KB, 574x429
>>64148972
>At GF's parent's house
>They're the type of people who plan around a movie they like being shown on TV at a certain time
>watching it with them
>commercials every 10-15 minutes
>actors who in the movie talking lamw bullshit about the scenes that just happened in forced studio interviews right before it goes to commercial and plugging the next movie that's coming on the station after this one
>multiple giant watermarks for the channel and for whatever marathon they're advertising are on the screen at all times
>on top of that, flashy advertising graphics pop up periodically during the movie and take up half the screen
>Twitter hashtags for scenes or moments in the movie pop up on the screen as they happen, so fucking cringeworthy
>censored everything, even on cable channels

Are they TRYING to get people to torrent? What a horrible way to watch a movie.
>>
Meanwhile fuck all the millions of ISIS supporters in UK. They are no criminals.
>>
>>64149221

>copy pasted from wiki
>come back when you've started college

wow you sure showed me lad
>>
>>64148387
Meanwhile dozens of men raped hundreds of young white girls.

UK truly is the biggest cucks.
Will bend over backwards for Hollywood but won't save their daughters from the Paki horde.
>>
>>64149221
you're pretty smrt
>>
>>64148281
>DTRG
Seems they have caught the wrong TRG here, ETRG is pretty big these days
>>
File: 1338160663000s.jpg (3 KB, 126x126) Image search: [Google]
1338160663000s.jpg
3 KB, 126x126
>>64149256
>millions of ISIS supporters
>>
>>64149221
Not the guy you're responding to but you come off like a 19 year old that hasn't even finished his first year of collage.
>>
>>64149283
They willingly became friends and girlfriends of the pakis and willingly went to their flats. They are no daughters of mine
>>
>>64148441
They did, but Labour were worried they'd lose votes if they imposed British law on Pakistanis.
>>
>>64148500
Intellectual property predates the internet, small child.
>>
>Hey look, we gave a few people among billions ridiculously hefty sentences for relatively petty crimes! Are you scared yet?
Same old tactics as ever and they think shit is going to change, top kek.
>>
File: Mitchell Henderson.jpg (17 KB, 350x416) Image search: [Google]
Mitchell Henderson.jpg
17 KB, 350x416
>>64149434
Read the rest of the thread before you weigh in with your minuscule, insipid opinion.
>>
>>64149468
What insight could I possibly get from an underage brat who doesn't even grasp intellectual property? You can't understand a simple juridical syllogism, how stunted can one be?
>>
>>64148905
>implying all that information wasn't in the Patriot Act
>implying America didn't walk into it eyes wide open because the nation was still reeling from 9/11

People like to act like they had no idea what was going on, but we knew what the Patriot act was, we knew what was happening, but we were too scared to do anything else. And now everyone wants to act like it's a conspiracy.

It isn't a conspiracy, we wanted this.
>>
>>64149308
The UK is full of Muslim mudslimes
>>
Blockbusters have two objectives: make lots of money and bait serial downloaders
>>
>>64148363
Niggers aren't smart enough to use computers
>>
File: 1445582757231.jpg (80 KB, 553x567) Image search: [Google]
1445582757231.jpg
80 KB, 553x567
>>64149586

>2.6million in a population of 65 million
>barely 5%
>full
>>
>>64149635
>UK's cultural heritage being destroyed by literally less than 5% of the population

WE WUZ EMPIRES N SHIT
>>
>>64149678

>cultural heritage
>being destroyed

Do you even know what the cultural heritage of the UK is?
>>
File: Never On Time, Am I.jpg (49 KB, 640x347) Image search: [Google]
Never On Time, Am I.jpg
49 KB, 640x347
>>64149530
>I don't look at a situation from all possible angles, to weigh up opinions and/or facts from all contributors
>I am intellectually superior to you
>I'm b-better, honest

Ladies and gentlemen, the post-millennial.
>>
>>64149706
Being chief shit for 200 years and then folding up around 100 years ago?
>>
>>64149706
>he thinks britain's cultural identity is "multicultural tolerance"
>>
>>64148653
Hello Reddit!
>>
>>64149706
Ruling the entire world so hard that it makes German ambitions seem paltry by comparison.
>>
>>64149738
Times change and the Muslims didn't really have anything to do with it.

>>64149757
>implying
>>
File: I Bring Shame To Famiry.jpg (62 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
I Bring Shame To Famiry.jpg
62 KB, 600x800
>>64149777

So you think you can talk shit about reddit all day? That your racism, sexism, homophobia and intolerance will be accepted?

We redditors don't tolerant intolerance - and my katana isn't just for show.

Well done, you got a reaction from the bad boys of reddit. That's what you wanted, right? Now we've decided we're taking over.

You've sensed it already, haven't you? The memes becoming better and better the responses more hilarious - that's us, pushing you out. When you say something intolerant about minorities or women and get called out like the bigots you are - that's us, taking your board.

You have no idea to the extent of fear which you should be feeling now you have drawn reddit on you. Your zombie Jew fairytale can't protect you now. This board is ours and all discussion will be as intelligent as on reddit.

You think I'm giving you an empty threat? Believe that. But the 'internet hate machine' already seems a lot more tolerant and forgiving then it's reputation. The 'hackers on steroids' have been outsmarted by the kind and souls of reddit.

You have lost your board.

Track my IP if you want to 'hackers' but I am smart enough to use the school library computer - and I'm even in incognito mode for added security.

Sent with true euphoria,

An enlightened redditor.

PS - Bane and your trips belong to us.
>>
>>64149780
>he thinks multiculturalism isn't the cause of multiculturalism

I don't understand how you can be so retarded.
>>
File: 1450441858877.png (20 KB, 658x643) Image search: [Google]
1450441858877.png
20 KB, 658x643
>sahil fariq
>>
>>64149708
You need to slow down on callin someone post milennial, you sound like a 16 year old trying to make fun of a 13 year old's age. Your lack of college education is crystal clear.
>>
>>64149780
>Muslims have nothing to do with the fact that almost half of London's streets would be filled with brown people in Muslim garb speaking Arabic and praying towards Mecca as calls to prayer are blasting if you were to go outside in 2015
>>
>>64149865
Are you done reading the thread yet, friend?
>>
>Still being a child thinking pirating movies are OK

If the creator of something doesn't want you having it for free, that should be respected.
Only 12 years olds argue against that and post stupid videos like this faggot >>64148354
>>
>>64149884
what are the streets filled if he does not go outside?
>>
File: Mordin.png (2 MB, 1383x996) Image search: [Google]
Mordin.png
2 MB, 1383x996
>>64150015
Have you read posts from everyone in the thread, yet?
>>
>>64150015
Because I lack the backbone to admit to myself I'm doing something wrong. Thinking the rest of the world's morals are wrong is more comfortable for my weak self.
>>
>copy and pasting over a network is illegal

lol

>Sahil Rafiq

JUST
>>
>not having RMS as your moral compass
>>
>>64149601
Serial uploaders you mean
>>
If you can't defend or control the distribution of your "property" there is no sense in which it remains your property. If something is "mine" but I can't use it and everybody steals it and uses it all the time, it's not mine.
>>
>>64150319
We don't live in an anarchy, anon.
>>
>>64148416
Why do you respect intellectual property?

If someone wrote a short story and got intellectual property on it, you would be breaking the law if you thought of the same short story without ever having met the other author or having seen any of his work.

It is a bullshit concept.
>>
>>64150337
Stop breathing my air
>>
>>64150337

We do though. Might makes right every time. The only sense these copyright holders can defend their stuff is by capturing and manipulating state entities in order to physically remove threats to their business. The act is just as legitimate as somebody copying/distributing their stuff.
>>
>>64148281
>17 years
for fucks sake, locking people up for 17 years over nothing
>>
>>64150598
As long as we have a government enforcing laws, we don't
Just because someone decides to act against these laws, dose not make us an anarchy.
Please.
>>
>>64150740

Government derives its legitimacy from the use of force though. I'm not saying we live in anarchy, I'm just saying if you can't back up a claim, whether it be a law you want enforced, or some property you want defended, with use of force - then that claim is not going to be respected.
>>
File: 1287791440923.jpg (6 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
1287791440923.jpg
6 KB, 251x201
>>64149802
Nice pasta.

https://youtu.be/wg3lPifuB28
>>
>>64149585
The patriot act wasn't written overnight. It was written and ready to go before 9/11.
The tragedy just made it politically impossible to say no to 'protecting people'.
>>
>>64149738
The UK sold their empire to america to stop the germans in WW1.
Since then it's been downhill.
>>
>>64151034
To private American investors actually aka Juden. US government only got involved because Juden wanted their investments protected
>>
>>64148281
>"The outreach of their criminality was vast. On just one website where the group shared their films there had been millions of downloads.”
>implying they're responsible for those downloads

HAAH WAAW
>>
File: 1331987778640.gif (3 MB, 290x189) Image search: [Google]
1331987778640.gif
3 MB, 290x189
>live in brazil
>have loadsemone
>mfw people give 0 shits about piracy here
>>
If I paint my own copy of a famous painting, am I allowed to sell it? So long as I don't claim it is original?

What about a photograph?
>>
File: kid.gif (2 MB, 390x293) Image search: [Google]
kid.gif
2 MB, 390x293
>>64148653
My nigga
>>
>>64151210
I live in Korea. I went to my local printing shop with .pdfs of literally $500 of graduate school textbooks. Got them printed out for $30

feels good mang
>>
>>64151221
Yes and yes. So long as you don't claim it's the original.
However in the digital age, we can have exact copies. The entire idea of value of a unique piece of information is obsolete.
>>
>>64149884

Why do you exaggerate so hard to meme on me? about 12% of the pop of London is muslim, a long way from half.
>>
>>64151357

>it's only 12% of your ethnic homeland that is colonised, goyim! stop being such a nazi bigot, oy oy oyyyy!
>>
If they fuck up enough people over this in the future- I'm talking millions- do you think a government overthrowing would be in sight?
>>
Plain bs.

If you pirate digital stuff, you steal.

/thread

anyone else is wrong.
>>
>>64151443
4% if you're going for that angle
>>
>>64151513
No, people are too well trained to be compliant. Most people actually believe all the media industry propaganda.
>>
>>64151678

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/muhammed-really-is-most-popular-baby-name-in-the-uk-as-is-mohammed-muhammad-9895605.html
>>
>>64148281
>rape multiple little girls
>3 years
>release shitty movies online
>17 years
the country of great britain
>>
>>64151752
And bongs think this is okay, a cute thing. I'm being euphoric right now, but COME ON, SHEEPLE, WAKE UP
>>
>>64151752
That's literally an online poll for some random website
>>
>>64151839

>that's just some bullshit facts derived from random statistics performed by a bullshit survey company

yeah, man
>>
>>64151928
It would accurately portray the demographics of people who signed up to this obscure pregnancy website, but don't delude yourself into thinking this was a nationwide survey done by a legit independent polling company
>>
>>64152074

>companies which produce information I dislike are not legitimate companies

if your "legit" company did one, it would show Muhammed being even more popular than it is now, you stupid libcuck
>>
>>64152119
Everyone can set up a website, who decided these people should be the UK's record keepers

For official statistics Oliver is the most popular
>>
>>64152380

>he intentionally counts Muhammed and Mohammed as different names so he can pretend his country isn't being cucked out of existence

just kill urself my man
>>
>>64152472
It's 1% of new babies being called that and that's the only name they give their children

Can I ask what country you are from?
>>
>>64152554

England.

>it's Muslamic culture so it's okay :^)
>>
>>64152590
>England
Oh I'm sorry I thought I was discussing this with a white man, never mind, I'm going to end this conversation here

P.S. fuck off paki
>>
>>64152676

>defends England's colonisation with mudslimes
>pretends I'm a mudslime

r u series
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.