[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>52% What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: jedi.png (202 KB, 425x382) Image search: [Google]
jedi.png
202 KB, 425x382
>52%

What went wrong?
>>
Ewoks
>>
plebs
>>
>>64148192
The only scene that was good was the Emperor's throne room. The rest was garbage.
>>
It was mostly pretty bad
>>
>>64148338
>not liking Jabba's palace
>not liking the fight against the death star
pleb confirmed
>>
>Return to Tatooine
>Rescue Han
>Sarrlacc Pit
>SLAVE LEIA
>Emotional Yoda scene
>Luke is total badass
>excellent space battle
>excellent saber fight
>throne room

Ewoks suck but were the only reason my sisters would watch any Star Wars so I kinda just went with it as a kid.
>>
Would have been a better movie If instead of a battle on Endor with Ewoks It was a battle on Coruscant and the Rebels were fighting like Terrorists in a massive city
>>
>>64148192
>What went wrong?
Literally everything that isn't a Luke/Vader/Emperor scene.
>>
the only good bits were the scenes with luke
>>
People with severe autism rating it 0/10
>>
>>64148192
1. The opening. The other films had really exciting openings. This one opens with a ship going into a place and then the Emperor is coming oh no! It's just slow and lame.

2. Ewoks. Personally, I don't hate them, but they do turn the movie into a joke. They turn the Empire into a joke. The thing is, the Empire needs to be a threat. When teddy bears are seriously fucking their shit up, the Empire is no longer a threat and it's hard to care about what's going on. It's the same thing with the droids being joke bad guys that the good guys can just cut through. Some of what they do is goofy Looney Tunes shit.

3. The story doesn't flow. It's split up into two parts: the part where they save Han, and the part where they destroy Death Star 2. There's no cohesion with these two stories. They save Han, and then they're talking about destroying Death Star 2. With ANH and Empire, the story flows much better.

4. Death Star 2. We've seen it before. And in the first movie, it was more powerful. It feels like Lucas didn't know what to do, so he had them have another Death Star. At least with Starkiller Base, it's something a little different.

5. The ending is split up with too much going on. There's the ewoks and rebels fighting on the moon of Endor, there's Lando and others fighting in space, and then there's Luke vs Vader and the Emperor. It's a mess.

6. The Leia reveal was absolutely stupid.

All that said, Return is a great movie, but let's not pretend it isn't flawed. All the Star Wars films are flawed, especially your beloved Empire.
>>
>>64148887
Not to mention the utterly overlooked Final Duel music.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (121 KB, 602x931) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
121 KB, 602x931
>>64149168
the 52% score is based off professional reviewers at the time of release

>People with severe autism rating it 0/10

Where have I seen this
>>
>>64149197
This, plus the end battle is overly long.
>>
>>64149168
this
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.