[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Even listening to his bullshit speech, i fail to understand general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: a-few-good-men-quotes_288x288.jpg (49 KB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
a-few-good-men-quotes_288x288.jpg
49 KB, 288x288
Even listening to his bullshit speech, i fail to understand general Jesseps point. He ordered one of his men killed to...... protect his country?
>>
>>64146324

OP confirmed for fucking commie
>>
Military men aren't big on thinking.
>>
I really really enjoy watching mid to late 90's american action films about threats to US security where they cast a middle-aged man who works at the Pentagon with a raspy sense of humour who shouts "GET THE PRESIDENT ON THE PHONE RIGHT NOW" and so on and usually the protagonist is an unassuming or particularly characterful man with a wife he's madly in love with and it ends with a big explosion and a serene calm penultimate scene before some funny happy skit to end the film with which generally says USA USA USA
>>
Arcturus Mengsk truly knew the meaning of sacrifice.
>>
he didn't order to kill them. he ordered to keep the guy in line. he just died unexpectedly
>>
Didnt this spawn J.A.G.?

Speaking of JAG, i always found it hilarious how it had this little subplot of the mains father still being held by Vietcong and he was looking for him? Like the same fucking subplot that Mulder had with his sister being held by aliens.

And then you have the one characters leg blown off, just like fucking Nok in DS9. All in the 90s all the same time.
>>
Maybe its because I was born after this came out and grew up during every post-9/11 Iraq/Afghanistan controversy but the cover up really was not that interesting or noteworthy. It almost seems tame. Even ignoring that the story has no suspense
>accuse military of covering up a crime
>never cast any doubt that they might have done it
>they did do it
>2 hours wasted
>>
File: 123234344546.jpg (53 KB, 658x410) Image search: [Google]
123234344546.jpg
53 KB, 658x410
I cant decide which 90s waifu peaked harder.

Peak Hatcher or Bell?
>>
>>64147234

Bell.
>>
>>64146324
Yes there are certain levels of protecting a nation that involve underhanded incentives and which journalist types believe increases their distinction if they can call negative attention towards.

It is the exact same basic instinct that compels one to reproach and attack another intellectually or physically. Punishing those desires feminises the army (and the populous) and would only benefit your next major enemy, besides, the idealist deserves less praise as he only seeks to esteem himself by applying pressure to those acceptable losses. Sure, they sell it as a self-less act but it drives their very reasoning for being in the justice profession.
>>
>He ordered one of his men killed to...... protect his country?

Precisely, because when you have people that can't get the job done as Santiago wasn't capable of doing - he hated being a Marine, period, and it affected everything he did so it would eventually become a problem if and when he was put in a serious situation where people around him would expect to be able to rely on him and he'd fail miserably.

If you cannot trust the person next to you, then that person needs to be avoided and that means get him the fuck outta there. But Jessup was too much of a fuckhead to just let the guy go and give him the fucking transfer, instead he chose to do what any typical military leader does: make an example of the failure so that the rest of the unit learns a lesson.

OP confirmed for never having been under fire or understanding honor and loyalty whatsoever.

"Some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them."
>>
File: Catherine Bell.jpg (620 KB, 1613x2000) Image search: [Google]
Catherine Bell.jpg
620 KB, 1613x2000
>>64147234

Met Teri Hatcher years ago, nothing to write home about I assure you, and not when she was younger either.

Catherine Bell, on the other hand, well take a gander at the pic.
>>
>>64146324

I always assumed the movie wanted you to to support Jessup because of what a screechy little fairy boy Kaffee is.
>>
>>64146324
It's that military bullshit where its members think anything they do is justified because FOR MUH COUNTRY.
>>
>>64148489
I always thought the movie was about lying and telling the truth
>>
>>64146324
Is "20 Good Men" Sorkin's best script?
>>
>>64149062

Military. It's essentially a declaration that you've lost the game.

Think about it. The power of free will and you *still* settle for slavery. Wonderful, no?

From an early age, you're influenced by your environment. Your parents (or lack of), teachers (in some manner, shape or form) and other mentors can help steer your life in a direction, whichever direction that may actually be.

However, during all of this, if you're still alive and have most of your bodily functions, there are a whole world of opportunities available to you. Especially in this day and age of technological marvels and the wonders of the Internet to provide information (and, of course, misinformation.)

The military should not even be an option, at this point, because not only is there enough information to suggest that joining it is only for those who've allowed themselves to be brainwashed by a military-industrial complex keen on retaining what power they have left ... but there is also enough information available for people to make their own decisions on what they'd like to do, instead.

Still, people join. They wish to be broken down and remoulded in somebody else's image.

This is a sign of weakness. Of allowing one's self to be influenced and corrupted by those with power and ambition. Essentially, those who join the military are no-better than mindless sheep.

>tl;dr: Join the military? You're a faeces-flinging, irradiated, nuclear-powered rhesus monkey who enjoys others making decisions for you.
>>
>>64149083

Oh jesus fuck
>>
>>64146324
he didn't order the kid killed. he ordered the hazing. to get the kid in line. to get him to stop thinking and just go along with the program. marines are still literally ordered to charge into gunfire. you can't have people questioning orders like that if you want them followed.

moral of the story is don't join the fucking marines.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.