[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is this bum supposed to keep going on in another movie when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 3
File: 1451206825469.jpg (44 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1451206825469.jpg
44 KB, 300x300
How is this bum supposed to keep going on in another movie when he already lost to a rookie light saber fighter? Fuckin idiot should have died right then and there so they can replace him with someone competent.
>>
I dunno, how are we supposed to take Luke seriously as a protagonist after he lost against Vader in Empire?
Also she isn't a rookie anon, she's an experienced hand-to-hand fighter as the movie showed us earlier.
>>
>>64145205

God forbid the villain develops as a character too.
>>
>>64145256
Luke was the hero and it kinda works better when the protag is weaker than the villian, a fairly traditional way to create tension.
>>
>>64145205

Cos he got shot by a fucking blaster you faggot
>>
>>64145205
Snoke will complete his training.
>>
>>64145286
In this case both the protag and the antagonist are going to grow and develop over the course of the series, so it can work
>>
>>64145256
she's also a strong female protagonist so she flys the MF better then Han, earned chewy's trust immediately, learned the force abilities almost instantly compared to luke, and is basically the most likable flawless human being in existence :^)
>>
>>64145286
whoa
whoa
you mean, they tried something different?

wait, but I thought TFA didn't try anything different wtf
>>
>>64145292
And took it like a fucking boss. The whole "WOWEE! I LIKE THIS BOWCASTER!" thing led up to this scene. We see stormtroopers get blown to shit but when Chewie hits him all Kylo Ren does is barely double over.
>>
>>64145526
I think Rey has already established that she's a strong independent Jedi who don't need no man to train her.
>>
>>64145205
Apparently there will be a new female lead and villain in Episode VIII
>>
>>64145205
How well did you like the prequels' job of character development for the evil Lord Vader?
>>
>>64145205
Why does this thread keep getting made? Kylo is just one of seven Knights of Ren. Then there's Snoke.
>>
I think secretly he wanted to be defeated, to sustain injuries to be more like vader
>>
>>64145626
He kept punching himself where he got shot. Was this supposed to be like Roy Batty at the end of Blade Runner, trying to stay conscious? Or was it some idiotic Sith thing of making the pain great because pain is good?
>>
>>64145675
I'm pretty sure it was more of a Roy Batty thing.
I also got the implication he didn't want to kill Rey, given that he's like "YEW NEED A TEACHER I CAN HALP"

Also I think it's worth noting, they took the time to make a point of how powerful Chewbacca's bowcaster actually is, and then he shoots Kylo with it. Of course Kylo is going to be struggling
>>
>>64145675
I think he's powering himself up.
>>
>>64145259
Underrated as fuck post. Nobody here really understands character development. Everyone just wants another vader. Ill admit he did get beat pretty easily but then again he was wounded from chewies blaster.
>>
>>64145729
I think it's a mixture of trying to stay strong through the fight and keeping the pain intensified to fight harder. It's sort of stupid though, because I don't think anyone would need to add pain to a bowcaster shot. I mean did you see what that thing was capable of doing to armored shock troops? It's pretty impressive.
>>
He'll become a neutral force at the end of the second film.
>>
>>64145781
It's amazing. I love the bowcaster. That is the gun I would want in star wars.

and yeah, I get you
I think that's why I lean more towards the trying not to pass out thing t b h
>>
>>64145675
i heard somewhere it was to keep the blood flowing or something? Am i autistic or is that an actual thing?
>>
>>64145757
>Nobody here really understands character development.
>Everyone just wants another vader

I don't really understand, are you trying to say that Vader isn't a developed character?

Also what is so developed about Ren? He's sort of intriguing, but we don't really get a whole lot of him in this movie at all except for hacked up terminals and a couple of conversations with the monolithic hologram man. At least Vader was menacing. There was something clearly powerful about him right from the get go of ANH. In TFA the only thing anyone has to see the power of Kylo is a flashy scene at the beginning where he holds a blaster bolt in place. Okay, so he's a powerful Force user, but we didn't get any magic powers out of Darth Vader in ANH except for a brief Force choke in the Death Star, but Papa Skywalker was still dreadful af.
>>
>>64145286
maybe kylo is the hero
>>
>>64145557
>try something different
>suddenly turn the strong, sinister villain into a vulnerable angsty teen
>suddenly turn the vulnerable, abandoned girl into a self taught Jedi knight
>all in the space of 30 minutes

They certainly tried something, Anon. How to eliminate all threat from the bad guy from a movie in the shortest time.
>>
Can't way for episode VIII Poe and Finn and BB8 flying shenanigans.
>>
He couldn't use the force to his full capabilities because he was conflicted between dark and light.

If he decides what he wants to be and finishes his training he will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
>>
>>64145894
They just want him to be a Vader copy, it's not that Vader isn't developed.
Vader is just obviously something Kylo isn't and never can be, despite how obsessed he is with him.

Everyone just wants Kylo to be Vader 2.0 and that's not Kylo. No one is patient enough to see how he develops in 8.
>>
File: 1448701127895.jpg (163 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1448701127895.jpg
163 KB, 1024x1024
>>64145972
>darth vader had to be light and dark to balance the force
>kylo ren is trying to be like him by doing the exact same.
>>
>>64145926
That might be pretty cool. It will still make this a shitty movie though if it can't stand up on its own. The others were part of a trilogy too but they all function as individual, coherent plots
>>
>>64145256
Because Luke was a noobie and Vader is like 65 year old Sith Master with formal jedi training from childhood? You fucking retard
>>
Maybe the force was like, shit this isn't balanced at all, the sith are winning.

Oh I know I'll take someone who has a strong force presence and guide her so she can oppose people since the last Jedi is being a sissy hiding in the British isles.

>Ok girl so right now you should try and suggest something to that storm trooper.
>eh that should've worked. Try again.
>Fuck, try once more.
>Alright!

>Ok now if you extend your arm and call for that light saber it'll probably come flying.
>Alright!

>Ok now use all that fighting you know to beat this dude that go fucking shot by a blaster earlier.
>Alright!
>>
>>64145286
Don't worry, he's going to train for four months to get way stronger, and come back as Golden Kylo Ren.
>>
>>64145894
yeah vader was menacing but you dont really get any character development untill late in episode 5. okay i can see what you mean but i think everyone went into this thinking kylo ren should have been the super menacing guy who everyone fears.
what we got was a well developed character. he has a history with luke. he wants to BE vader but he cant because theres still a part of him that tugs toward the "light" or whatever. now he's completed his training with him killing his father and now i think he's done with the struggle.
the point is i think people just ignore all the character development they gave him on screen through both solid acting and writing.
>>
>>64145286
At the end of the day snoke still exists and could be the antichrist for all we know
>>
>>64146037
Yes and Kylo was injured twice and was trying his best not to hurt Rey, while she was an unharmed, experienced fighter.
>>
The only issue I had with the movie (besides all this powered by the sun stuff that I just let go because it's SCIENCE) was the Solo death scene. I feel like there should have been some kind of trigger for Kylo to stab Solo.
Like maybe a rush of urgency, a storm trooper shoots at Chewy making him snap out of his emotional conflict.
Instead we just get
>Can you help me dad? Ok cool
>Here take my lightsaber
>Actually fuck you
>Boohoohoo I'm conflicted.
>>
>>64146175

his intention was to kill solo from the beginning, you silly billy
>>
>>64146175
There was a trigger, the sun going out, reminding Kylo of the strength of the Order, which can literally blot out the sun and destroy planet systems
>>
>>64146194
Well then it's the acting that bothers me.
His attitude should've changed more after the stabbing.
Or like a small sentence "Thank you, now nothing is holding me back"
Or maybe some different music.

I dunno the scene just bothered me a little.

>>64146208
Maybe I just missed that.
>>
>>64146194
He didn't know what to do. The interpertation of Kylo intending to deceive Han with his words assumes that Kylo is a cold deceptive villain who wanted to manipulate Han, and that would indeed be the stereotype. Problem is he's the exact opposite of that. The guy can't keep his emotions hidden if he tried. The reason he seems conflicted to Han, is because he is conflicted.
>>
>>64146175
Dying was part of his master plan
>>
>>64145943
That's why Snoke is there you fucking idiot.
>>
Will episode VIII be Rey and Luke focused or Kylo and Snoke focused?

EIther way best part is going to be Poe and Finn adventures.
>>
>>64146473
all 3
>>
>>64145205
>darth vader got assblasted in the first one by a dirt farmer and a smuggler
>>
>>64145259
This.

Honestly, Kylo Ren had more character development in the Force Awakens than any other character, and it's clear they're going to continue developing him as a character with the sequels. I'm personally looking forward to it.
>>
>>64146627
Kylo Ren carried this fucking movie. Him and bb8
>>
>>64145205
Why was the novelization so shippy with Ren and Rey?
>>
Got 3 questions:

Why was his helmet so heavy?
Why did they focus on how heavy it was?
Why did R2D2 wake up?

Bonus question:
Why did nobody in the revolutionary army think of looking through R2D2's data to see if he had the map.
>>
>>64146627
>>64146660
totally agree. But i was thinking about kylo taking his mask off and how awkward it was for people. would it have been better if he didnt wear a mask through most of the movie? then we get the mask at the end with the face injury. i dont know but i thought all the characters were pretty great with the exception of maybe mas kinada and snoke.
>>
>>64146699
>Why did R2D2 wake up?
There's a theory that R2D2 only woke up when Rey was near him, so that she would go to Luke before anyone else.
>>
So anyone else get Nausicca feels when Rey was spaceship exploring?

And why was she so bothered with Finn holding her hand?
>>
>>64146752
That's what I thought too.

Actually I was thinking that it's because she showed up with Luke's saber.

I want to say it's because he felt luke's force but I don't know if robots can feel the force.
>>
>>64146755
>the part were she wears the helmet
jesus she could have been such a good character.
>>
>>64146699
Heavy things generally mean its stronger. i dont think they wanted people to think the mask was plastic or anything. (i get that feeling from vader's mask but its ok cause he's so badass)
maybe it was luke who woke r2 up?
>>
File: Derp.png (791 KB, 924x545) Image search: [Google]
Derp.png
791 KB, 924x545
The producers are trying to be sly. The idea is to make this antagonist a incompetent nerd and have him grow into a slick bad-ass...and then at the last moment he will see the "light" and become a repentant hero. For the record - I hate this movie: Its just a money grabbing piece of garbage.
>>
>>64146779
>I don't know if robots can feel the force.
They sure can.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Skippy_the_Jedi_Droid
>>
>>64146873
>just a a money grabbing piece of garbage
so edgy.
i dont know if you realize this but all movies are money grabbing. that doesnt mean they're bad. we literally wouldnt have movies if they didnt try to grab your money
>>
>>64145259
This.
/thread.
>>
>>64146908
Never forget Skippy the jedi droid.
>>
>>64146264
he did say thank you though
>>
>>64145675
it inflicts more pain to him when he does it
but the more pain you experience, the more used to it you are
>>
>>64145894
why do people refer to Kylo as Ren? Isn't that like referring to Vader as just Darth?
>>
>>64145205

Of all the things wrong with that movie, Kylo Ren's arc isn't one of them.
>>
So why did Han and Lea called their son Ben?

I feel like that's something Luke should've done.
>>
>>64147268
because Obi-Wan is a stupid name.
>>
>>64147268
Because calling his daugther Ben would be stupid, Rey is a much better name for a girl
>>
>>64145205
If I were Snoke I'd drop this embarassment to all Sith and force users.
I mean the dude had a lightsaber and got hit by a single blaster firing at him. I bet even the younglings Anakin killed could have deflected that. Not to mention he got his ass handed to him by a girl who never used a lightsaber before.
If I were Snoke, I'd train TR8-OR in the way of the baton. He has better chances than Darth Schoolshooter.
>>
Who are the knights of Ren?
How many are there?
What's Kylo's ranking amongst them?
>>
Why was Ren shown with some kind of bowstaff red lightsaber in the poster if she wasn't going to use one ever?

Made me wonder if I watched the wrong movie.
>>
>>64147380
>Who are the knights of Ren?
Dunno
>How many are there?
7 afaik?
>What's Kylo's ranking amongst them?
Isn't he the leader of them?
>>
>>64147446
If he's the leader then how weak are they going to be?
>>
>>64147418
Rey*
>>
>>64147446
Snoke is the leader of them. Kylo is just some faggot that probably killed the rest of them.
>>
>>64147446
>>64147480
He's not the leader, just a member

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Knights_of_Ren
>>
>>64147380
Knights are a group that trained under Luke. Kylo found out Luke has turned Evil, formed the group and killed all his sith pupils in training. Kylo now resides as a double agent.
>>
>>64147418
>>64147507
rey had the staff she used throughout the movie. Kylo's light saber was directly behind it. presumably some sort of foreshadowing.
>>
>>64147532
>Kylo Ren called 'Master of the Knights of Ren' by Snoke
Maybe that's why I thought he was the leader of them...
>>
>>64147539
Shit you're right, that's actually Ren's saber. My bad.
>>
>>64147189
Yes it is.
>>
>>64147189
But Obi-Wan called Vader just 'Darth' in ANH
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.