[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Leftovers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: leftovers.0.0.jpg (128 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
leftovers.0.0.jpg
128 KB, 1600x900
Why are they introducing so many random mysteries?

Are they connected somehow? Will they be solved? Is Lindelof a hack?

The show hints that something is going on in Australia. But I have the feeling it will only create more mysteries and end with "it's all about the characters".
>>
ONE MORE SEASON

ONE MORE SEASON

ONE MORE SEASON

ONE MORE SEASON

ONE MORE SEASON

ONE MORE SEASON
>>
I honestly don't expect a single thing to be answered
>>
KEVIN IS A KEK
>>
>>64144954
i dunno i don't care about any of that

i just wanna fuck Nora
>>
>>64144954
>Will they be solved? Is Lindelof a hack?

These are connected.
>>
>>64144954
Holy shit I love the theme song for this season.
>>
>>64144954
Just stop watching the show, if that's what interests you about it.
>>
>>64144954
>But I have the feeling it will only create more mysteries and end with "it's all about the characters".

the show has been pretty blatantly about the characters from the beginning, any of the strange events in the show only happen to explore how the characters respond to them and fleshes them out, unlike lost in which all of the characters were shit and unlikeable and the only reason anyone watched was because they wanted to know why the island did a stupid thing
>>
>>64144954
>But I have the feeling it will only create more mysteries and end with "it's all about the characters".
Fucking obviously, how have you watched it this long expecting anything to be explained?
>>
What the fuck is there to be "solved?" Are we even watching the same show? Fucking jesus.

Do you watch Game of Thrones and ask "where do the white walkers come from?" or "Which God is the real God?"
>>
>>64145740
>any of the strange events in the show only happen to explore how the characters respond to them

Then they should have done a regular drama. But I guess coming up with random shit is easier.
>>
Its right in the theme OP
>But no one knows for certain and so it's all the same to me
>I think I'll just let the mystery be

The opening scene of season 2 puts it just as bluntly. Unknowable tragedies have been happening to man since the dawn of time, but people persevere and ultimately survive. Thats what the show is about. To a cavewoman an earthquake is just as mysterious as the Departure, but it ultimately does not matter. How she reacts does
>>
>>64145537
This right here senpai. Though Jill's really grown on me this past season.
>>
>>64145537
Jill is best girl get some taste
>>
>>64146162
>>64146302
like i'd want to share a waifu with either of you
>>
Was the dream stuff Kevin actually dying / going into some other realm OR was he just unconscious from the drink/gunshot and happened to dream up the hotel both times?
>>
Here's a mystery. What's with all the dicks on this show?
>>
>>64146375
It was pretty obvious something actually happened
>>
>>64146406
Could be like the first season where there was an actual explanation for all of the crazy stuff that went down. I went into the episode thinking it was a Sopranos dream episode and it all fit.
>>
>>64144954
>watching character drama
complain "it's all about the characters".

poor daemon, no wonder he hates his muhh mystery and crazy theory fans
>>
To be honest with you families, Lindeloff shouldn't continuously tease his audience with mysteries and then pretend it's about the characters.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.