[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if Christopher Nolan directed The Force Awakens? What would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: Nolan.jpg (26 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
Nolan.jpg
26 KB, 500x280
What if Christopher Nolan directed The Force Awakens?

What would change? Would it have been a better movie?
>>
>>64142696
Eh could have gone either way
I would have rather seen someone like Coppola do it
>>
The movie would have been explained better and we would have more impactful scenes in space.

And since there was no love interest in TFA, he would have made a nearly perfect movie.
>>
File: laughing sluts 2.jpg (51 KB, 623x410) Image search: [Google]
laughing sluts 2.jpg
51 KB, 623x410
>>64142696

> Nolan in charge of action scenes
>>
>>64142753
Sophia Coppola? She has done nothing close to a sci-fi film on the scale of Star Wars.

Her father is a corpse artistically speaking.
>>
>>64142777
What were the standout action scene in TFA?

Also, the truck flip scene in TDK is far better than any action scene in TFA.
>>
You would've walked out of the theater thinking it was great only to mull over it as you're laying in bed two hours later and realize it's actually kind of shit
>>
>>64142808

take a look at the fighting scenes in The Dark Knight Rises, they are hilarious
>>
>>64142822
Contrary to realizing it's shit from the start.
>>
>Snoke appears as hologram
First Order agent played by Aidan Gillen: You're a big guy!
>>
Probably a shit ton of exposition on the force, further ruining the mystique behind it.

Then Han being the father would show up at the end as some giant twist.

Then it would be some weird philosophical open ending, not an episodic ending leading into episode 8, but more of a "Is the force actually real?" sort of thing. Maybe some flash backs to Episode 5 where Yoda actually used a crane to lift the X-wing out of the swamp.
>>
>>64142761
>>64142851
True
>>
>>64142696
QT would have done a better job
>>
>>64142880
A lotta disloyalty for a low level janitor.
>>
The movie told from Leonard Shelby's point of view.
>>
>>64142696
He's way too serious and heavy-handed for this kind of movie. I did enjoy Interstellar though.

I think JJ did a good job with TFA, but I'm glad someone else is doing the next movie.
>>
>>64142886
This would be so much better. The Han Solo father reveal was very lame and had little impact. The status of the republic/resistance/new order was very unclear.
>>
The nignog would have been played by Morgan Freeman.
>>
File: Death_Star_Gunner.jpg (216 KB, 774x1413) Image search: [Google]
Death_Star_Gunner.jpg
216 KB, 774x1413
>>
>>64142886
Nobody gave a shit about Han Solo being the father anyways.

He wanted a story about the world of Star Wars except told well. Lucas got half of it right in the prequels. There's nothing wrong with expanding on the Star Wars universe as long as you use reason and make it interesting.
>>
File: cailloure.jpg (96 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
cailloure.jpg
96 KB, 640x640
No one cared who I was before I put on the mask.
>>
Disney wouldn't have let him
>>
Every character would be dull and speak like a robot
>>
He would've had Han die in the middle of the film and only reveal that kylo was his son via exposition. That's Nolans main issue, he can't just imply that kylo was his son all along, which would have been chilling to think about when you walk out of the theatre
>>
Story is told through kylo reading a diary of the events written by finn, and finn is also reading a diary written by kylo. In the end kylo had a twin all along that's why he was conflicted and his mind divided, contradictory
>>
File: bravo nolan.gif (1 MB, 500x207) Image search: [Google]
bravo nolan.gif
1 MB, 500x207
This, but with Han
>>
He'll have the same cast he always uses

Michael Caine as Snoke
Bale as Kylo Ren
Colitard as Mary Sue
JGL as Finn
Ken Watanabe as General Hux
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.