[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who's the better actor? >Leonardo DiCaprio? or >Matt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6
File: 54236454646.jpg (346 KB, 1515x902) Image search: [Google]
54236454646.jpg
346 KB, 1515x902
Who's the better actor?

>Leonardo DiCaprio?

or

>Matt Damon?

Give reasons why.
>>
DiCaprio.

It takes no skill to do the Bourne movies, but I'm still surprised they went with Damon.
>>
>>64138221
DiCaprio. The more vertical lines on your forehead, the greater actor you become.
>>
If I wanted to be petty and just go by their latest movies:

>The Revenant
>The Martian

Well. Fucking Damon wins. Seriously, he has come a LONG way in his career. Is he the best actor? Not by damn sight. But is he better than "MY ONLY METHOD OF ACTING IS SCREAMING"? By a long mile.
>>
Damon hasn't done a great role since Good Will Hunting, everything else is pretty much the same. DiCaprio may overact sometimes, but I like him and his roles more, specially the ones with Scorsese. He seems to really put himself in his parts.
I loved WOlf Of Wall Street
>>
>>64138221
Matt Damon is the more versatile actor, he knows that you don't need to shout your fucking face off to get your expressions across.
>>
>>64138339
>>The Martian

Fuck yes. I knew Ridley Scott still had it in him, btw.
>>
dicaprio is better, but damon is the top tier badass actor of this generation and could certainly kick dicaprio's ass
>>
>>64138424
>I knew Ridley Scott still had it in him, btw.
off-topic, but was there some reason to make the public think he didn't 'have it in him' anymore...?
>>
>>64138473
Prometheus was fucking garbage
>>
>>64138316
vertical lines?
>>
>>64138221
Matt Damon has killed it in numerous varying roles

>The Informant
>Good Will Hunting
>That Liberace Movie
>Bourne
>Departed

quite a varied skillset and he's great everytime in a new role, meanwhile Leo plays a different version of himself
>>
>>64138357
So Damon is a better actor, but DiCaprio is in better movies? Sounds about right.
>>
bourne supremacy might be the single best movie of all time
>>
>>64138221
DiCaprio is better. He overacts but I haven't seen Matt Damon in anything truly great.
>>
>>64138540
Pretty much, however most of DiCaprio's best movies feature a talented ensemble cast rather than focusing primarily on him.
>>
>>64138531
those two deep, wide lines that shoot out just above his eyebrows. the ones that look like dents left in a car door by a baseball bat.

they're called the "actor lines".
>>
>>64138221
I honestly don't see how people put Matt Damon into that Leo level.
>>
>>64138221
Daily reminder, Leo LITERALLY cucks Damon
>>
lol @ plebs picking damon

dicaprio and it's not even close
>>
>>64138640
Because Leo is a mediocre actor that happened to hitch a ride on the Scorcese train, so he has been in a shit ton of great movies, but tends to overact...he is almost as bad as late career Al Pacino. Yelling isnt acting.
>>
>>64138221
>who ever wins we still lose
>>
The DiCaprio dick riding is strong in this thread.
>>
>>64138716
shut up nigger
>>
Matt "We Bought a Zoo Elysium" Damon is actually getting votes
>>
matt damon
lionardo decraprio is a bad actor (i know because RLM told me)
>>
Reminder that Dicaprio got lucky in Titanic and had no clue where to go from there. He then proceeded to overact in every role
>>
>>64138221
DiCaprio.. and it's not even close.
>>
every
>overact
mention is samefagging.
>>
>>64138848
no, every overact mention is reddit letter media drone
>>
>>64138571
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF9t_GekWjU

the whole movie is underrated af
>>
>>64138716
even this nigger knows the score
>>
bamp
>>
>>64138716
Krager, fuck you
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 600x300
>>64138221
Get some rest Normie, you look tired
>REEEEEEEE
>REEEEEEEE
>>
>>64138221
What is this the special olympics?
>>
>>64138221
They both suck.
The correct answer is Collin Farrell
>>
Ryan Gosling
>>
File: C L A S S I C.jpg (51 KB, 463x509) Image search: [Google]
C L A S S I C.jpg
51 KB, 463x509
>>
Where's dicaprio from?
>A beach? An Island? A boat?

Where's damon from?
>Boston

Dicaprio is a prissy fagtard
>>
>>64142478
i cant begin to tell you how much the rest of the country hates you r dropping faggots
you're an embarrassment
>>
>>64142478
I'm from Boston, but Leo grew up with drug addled maniacs
>>
damon is the more classical actor, he gives off a great everyman vibe (like jimmy stewart, the obvious comparison, or tom hanks maybe). he's had some really masterful performances as well (hereafter in particular, but also the informant and stuck on you). and he's worked with many great great filmmakers (whether this work was on their best/one of their best films is up for debate; i would certainly argue that, for some, the damon films have been masterpieces (see: eastwood, coppola, scorsese, van sant))

leo is a very interesting actor too, more adventurous physically (nothing damon has done comes close to the physicality of leo in twows). and, all through his career, he seems to have tried (and mostly, but not always, succeeded at) to be authentic (especially earlier in his career: titanic, romeo+juliet)

i suposse hwich one is better really comes down to personal taste. for ne it flucuates; today, i'd probably say damon is the better actor (he's certainly the more consistently great of the two), but tomorrow or the next day or whenever, i might prefer leo. so who knows
>>
File: Grape.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Grape.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>64138221
I've never seen Damon pull something like this off

>inb4 retards are oscarbait
>>
>>64142535
jelly much?
>>
File: Matt-Damon-The-Informant-1.jpg (92 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Matt-Damon-The-Informant-1.jpg
92 KB, 800x450
>>64143360
>implying

>Cameron strongly believed in DiCaprio's acting ability, and told him, "Look, I'm not going to make this guy brooding and neurotic. I'm not going to give him a tic and a limp and all the things you want."
>>
>>64142535
...but in all seriousness thanks for taking the bait.

A SAWKS hat is in the mail. I do prefer damon, but you are just perfect.

City of Champions!
>>
>>64138503

nah it was pretty good
>>
>>64138221
Matt Damon is aweful. Period.

>>
>>64138221
Matt Damon has a lot more range IMO.

I try to like DiCaprio but I just find it hard to get immersed in his roles, almost like he's trying to achieve a level of acting that simply isn't naturally in him, and it comes off as forced.
>>
>>64138221
I would say Matt has a bit of lead over Leo because a dude can play a everyday guy really well. Hypothetical theory, being a character larger than life & a dude next door require great deal of acting ability. In my opinion, the last one gets more sympathy from audience.
>>
>>64138339
>>64138424

Literally Reddit
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.