[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do animefags consider death note to be an intelectual master
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: images (10).jpg (27 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images (10).jpg
27 KB, 443x332
why do animefags consider death note to be an intelectual master piece and wet themselves over Ls 'deduction skills'.

when I first started watching I couldn't help but be enraged the whole time thinking to myself, no matter how much you use deduction, you can never conclude the reason for deaths down to a magical book. especially when it is based in the real world where those sort of phenomena has never been heard of. now if the setting was a world where magical shot was mainstream knowledge then that would be a different story. but as the current setting, there is no way light could have been caught. I never finished it anyways to find out what happened because the whole deduction shut was ridiculous. even when they zoned it down to lights house

why do animefags have such a hard on for deduction? every anime that has been recommended to me has some character who is smug about their abilities of deduction
>>
>>64134630
Sorry, I just drunk watched that shit. I was kinda hoping it would have ended sooner.
>>
>>64134630
>why do animefags consider...
Why don't you ask the anime board
>>
>>64134630
>why do animefags consider death note to be an intelectual master piece and wet themselves over Ls 'deduction skills'.
They don't, only 15 year old edgelords like it
>>
>>64134630
Any form of media based around "deduction" is shit because it's bound to jump cheese hoops to have characters arrive at conclusions. Death Note one of the most entertaining to watch, specially when most of the shit revolves around the CSI series.
>>
>>64134630
This shit should have ended after L died
>>
>>64134630
They didn't get down to "magical book" like that.
THey got to "someone has the means to kill people, so let's narrow down the place with different broadcasts", then they zoomed in even more until it was obvious that th e responsible guy had to know both face and name.
If anything it was the second part that was completely retarded.
They could have went for a timeskip in a Light controlled society where a young genious arises again and takes a powerdrunk, carefree, old Kira down with smart tricks instead of pulling out two geniuses from their asses,
>>
Were you paying attention?

>no matter how much you use deduction, you can never conclude the reason for deaths down to a magical book

That never happened. They only deduced that it was a book AFTER knowledge of the book came into play and that it had been proven that using it would kill people.

All L knew at first was that someone was killing people via supernatural means.
>>
>>64134630

>you can never conclude the reason for deaths down to a magical book

this doesn't happen until he has the book in his own hands and is able to see the shinigami, the only conclusion L makes early on is "Kira is able to kill people remotely" which is perfectly deductible from the trap he devises

trap devised straight from the fact that dozens of criminals under high vigilance were dying from heart attack so it's either an incredibly complex conspiracy (unlikely because no evidences are ever left behind which is the first thing any detective would have looked for) or someone is able to kill people remotely through whatever means left to discover

you know you are dumb when you can't even follow fucking death note jesus christ /tv/
>>
>>64134630
It's a decent anime that became cool to hate among contrarians

The last third is really not that bad
>>
>>64135969
The live action movies have a better ending
>>
>>64134630
Only reddit/facebook animefags think Death Note is good. /a/ hates it.
>>
>>64136070
/a/ has garbage taste so what's your point
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 512x287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 512x287
>>64134630
I disliked these super smart characters making people to on ruse cruises that make the viewers think they are smart.
To quote that overused pasta of No Country of old men vs sherlock, one is written by a genuinely smart person while one is written by someone trying to sound smart.
I am more impressed by scenes like when Ewan Mc Greggor trying to escape the people following him in Ghost Writer and the scene where Leonardo Dicaprio tricks Tomhardy with a decoy in revenant than most shit in something like in Hannibal and James Bond.
>>
>>64136134
>x has garbage taste
I'm wondering if you even have a point.
>>
>>64135653
That is just the same old L love. L dies, that was how it was written.
>>
>>64136189

sometimes anime can be surprisingly witty without being going full 2deep4u or breaking any laws in the universe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlZ3rjDpWYw
>>
>>64135969
Its similar to what Hideo did in Metal Gear with Raiden.
>>
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 551x537) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 551x537
>>64136307
>NGNL
Absolute cancer
>>
>>64136471
>Absolute cancer
>image.jpg
Kind of like yourself.
>>
>>64136471

I know. It's cringe inducing for 90% of the time.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.