[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this movie so shitty, /tv/? Are there any recent horror
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: crimson peak.jpg (1 MB, 1594x2362) Image search: [Google]
crimson peak.jpg
1 MB, 1594x2362
Why is this movie so shitty, /tv/? Are there any recent horror movies that are at least slightly scary?
>>
>>64131594
>horror movie

It wasn't a horror movie. It was a movie with horror in it.
>>
>>64131647
My eyes just rolled so far back that I could see the ZOG mind control device.
>>
Krampus has a couple of good scary moments, but the most recent scary horror movie I can think of is the Conjuring
>>
>>64131647
More like it was a Lifetime original movie with ghosts in it.
>>
>>64132013
I accidentally got the *other* Krampus and I'm afraid that this has ruined my appetite for Krampus for this year.
>>
>>64132013
I hate how every horror movie I watch ends up being fucking exorcist
>>
Jessica Chastain is a poor man's Eddie Redmayne
>>
>>64131594
It was gothic horror hearkening back to the black and white era of horror. Probably would have scared people had it been made back then, but for us it was definitely more style over substance.
>>
>>64132433
What's the point of it though? "HERP DERP LET'S WATSE MILLIONS TO COPY LE OLDE MOVIE BECAUSE WE'RE LE HIPSTERS"

If someone wants to watch that shit, there are original movies from the era. Why not give the money to someone who can make a proper horror movie instead of just jerking off and eating his own cum?
>>
>>64132351
I laughed, guy.
>>
>>64132486
What's the point of it? Del Toro wanted to make an extravagant movie, people were willing to throw money at him for it, and people wanted to watch it regardless of quality because it looked cool rather than tell an engaging, thought-provoking story people will remember for years to come.

Isn't that the point of most movies these days?
>>
Loki's hair plugs look ridiculous tbqh.
>>
>>64132486
Maybe its been awhile since someone's made a movie like that you miserable man
>>
>>64132612
So it's just the tzar putting gold on his bread before it all comes tumbling down? They don't even pretend anymore?
>>
>>64132643
Been a while since Karamazovs too, wanna pay me a few mil to copy it in my own handwriting?
>>
I was terribly disappointed that Wasikowska didn't have hairy pits, she's done it before, and it would have fit the role.
>>
Watch the babadook
>>
What was the movie where they had mansion that in the basement had a pool with a skeleton, you know the one. Isn't this a ripoff of that?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.