[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am an insanely poor poorfag. I have exactly 1 DVD. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 1280x720
I am an insanely poor poorfag.

I have exactly 1 DVD. It's pic related. I watch this movie several times a week, but it's time for something new.

Seriously a 7 dollar DVD is an investment for me.

What movies can I get as much mileage out of, as I got out of heat?

I was thinking Se7en but I've watched that a thousand times.
>>
>>64126061
To be more specific I guess I'm looking for a very well made thriller with a bit of depth to it. And a long running time
>>
>>64126061
Point Break isnt bad
>>
>>64126061
why don't you watch movies online?
I can always watch primer or akira
>>
Just pirate your movies.
>>
>>64126061

miami vice
>>
>>64126187
If he's as crazy poor as he's claiming, he's probably posting this from the public library computer
>>
>>64126061
Go to a fucking library, dumbass.
>>
>I'm poor
>I'm really really bored but I'd rather not be entertained than pirate a movie

>I'm really really hungry but I'd rather die of starvation than steal some money or food

THE MORALKEK DILEMMA
>>
You should get Collateral, it's Mann's best film.
>>
>>64126146

zodiac
primer
existenz
apocalypse now
nashville
>>
>>64126061
The Lego movie
>>
>>64126309
This actually.
Collateral is dope. more dope than heat I would say.
>>
Mulholland Dr or Inland Empire
>>
>>64126061
YouTube dude. It's free.
>>
>>64126187
>>64126210

Times are very rough. My Internet has been off for a few months. On my computer I have a few recent films I like, because they were what I had when I still could afford Internet, but their mileage is not even close to Heat. Even if they are p good.

I do have Inside Out, Fury Road, and Ex Machina.

All of them I like a bunch, and all of then I'm terribly sick of.

Heat on the other hand, I just started it up again. But I have roughly 10 bucks to spend and I wanna grab something as... I don't know... Encompassing?

It's not a movie that takes multiple viewings to understand or appreciate, but it is a movie packed with so many fantastic details that I pull stuff out of it with every viewing.

Something like that.

That being said it doesn't have to fit the genre as much as fit the requirement of "still very good regardless of viewings".

Blade Runner is another example, but as I said about Se7en, seen it a RIDICULOUS anoint of times already
>>
>>64126293
Yeah I am dumb. I owe them 35 dollars for a lost blu-Ray but long run that is by far the best value per dollar and I now feel stupid for creating this thread.

Thank you for reminding me of public services... Seriously
>>
>>64126061
why don't you just pirate? Literally, your text was the saddest thing I've read this week
>>
I'd say buy a book or a video game because they both have a lot more mileage than a movie.

Steam sales are on so everything is dirt cheap there. You can go into a used book store and get second hand books for literally cents.

I appreciate movies are probably you favorite medium, but it's a pretty shitty hobby to have if you're poor as fuck. Basically you can't go to the cinema and you're going to burn out on any movie you get your hands on pretty quickly. Might be time to broaden your interests at least temporarily.
>>
OP i wanna buy you a movie

do you have an amazon wishlist
>>
How are you using the internet right now?

Sorry if this isn't the case, but I can understand people paying for a phone plan before an actual home internet thing.
You might now know how, but you can hook a phone up to a computer to get internet that way, and there are also torrenting apps for android and whatnot.

If you have pay as you go or a limited amount of data you could go somewhere with free wifi and steal movies that way.
>>
Jesus man, go kill someone for money. If you get caught they will give you stuff to watch in jail.
>>
>>64126061
Barry Lyndon, though its more a film than movie
>>
>>64126146
>And a long running time
>>
I really hope this guy is trolling... I'm so cheap I make Jews look generous and even I'm not this fucking cheap and I'm dirt poor. Posting on a 13 year old laptop for fucks sake.
>>
>>64126061
you could watch the movies online on the site below if the quality is good enough for you. Download them with your brower for about 500MB each.

http://putlocker.is/featured/1
>>
>>64127765
*Browser

DownloadHelper on firefox.
>>
>>64126952
>>64127486

Can't afford an ISP. I have 3G iphone service and don't know how to convert that into real Internet service. Even if I could use it on my comp, this thing can barely load a YouTube vid, can't imagine downloading anything of substance.

>>64127225
I do have books. I spend time reading them. As far as vidya all that shit has been sold in the last few months. I have several unread books and will continue to read them. You're right that it's better bang for your buck but this thread is about scratching that specific film itch, I guess.

Right now I'm reading House of the Dead and I have a Tolstoy short story collection, Things Fall Apart, and Pale Fire waiting to be read.

>>64127309
I do not. Your gesture warms my heart tho anon.

>>64127502
Because that would be beyond immoral. I'm no angel, but I don't steal from people. And I don't accept pity from the state.
>>
I watched Fight Club everyday for a month once
>>
why do people enjoy mann's movies so much?
>>
>>64127727
Definitely not trolling anon.

And I understand the confusion. Basically a bad mixture of things happened to me at the same time. A breakup (half the household income) and then very shortly after a layoff.

Now anyone who says I could've/should've been more responsible with my previous income is completely correct: i barely had any savings but I had: the Internet, video games, I went out to eat and drink a lot. And if I had saved better, I'd be in a better place (it'd still suck but I'd have more wiggle room) but reality is I'm check-to-check JUST to survive right now. And as I previously said... No charity till it's fucking necessary. I know more than one POS who uses foodstamps to get "free food" so they can blow their money elsewhere. I am not that person. I will apply when I am literally in danger of starving. I still pay rent, car insurance, enegy/water, and a phone bill. So clearly I'm not starving.

But I'm also not lying when I say that money for recreational activities is VERY limited
>>
Predator
>>
>>64128129

I can only speak for myself but regarding the 3 I specifically love (Thief, Manhunter, Heat) it's that they're all fly-on-the-wall accounts of very interesting characters in less than normal situations.

Basically an "action" or "thriller" movie through a more realistic and interesting lens.
>>
>>64126146
Gone Baby Gone
>>
Goddamn this makes me sad
Wish I could help

That being said Collateral really is a great movie
>>
>>64126061
maybe don't watch a movie and go make money?
>>
>>64128129

Nightcore my nigga, only one i didn't like was Blackhat but everyones allowed one fuckup.
>>
>>64128357
Actively in pursuit for a job that utilizes the very few skills I have anon.

I am qualified for entry level IT positions (and I have 4 years exp) but am not getting hired.

Right now I am working 40 hours (more if I can get that sweet overtime pay) in a retail position for a decent wage. I'm not complaining but as I said before, I used to be paid significantly more, and I also used to have a GF's income to rely on.

This is no longer the case. I'm in a house, that I'm renting-to-own, so I cannot bail without dire consequences. Without all I paid being for nothing.

I ain't complaining. I'm doing what I need to do for the time being. But I'm squeezing by.

And when I get home to this empty house that used to be full of promise, i want to distract myself for a while.

Is that so wrong?
>>
>>64127528
Kubrick can be rewatched infinitely, they make me comfortable, like having the TV or radio on makes people feel comfortable.
>>
>>64128328
Def a good flick. Haven't seen it in a while but I feel like it lacks the depth I'm potentially looking for.

Definitely a good watch tho.
>>
File: pres.jpg (30 KB, 351x500) Image search: [Google]
pres.jpg
30 KB, 351x500
>>64126061

I can watch this one many times.
>>
>>64127528
>>64128583

This is a good thread here. I haven't seen Barry Lyndon, but the Kubrick's I HAVE seen have been infinitely rewatch able.

2001, Full Metal Jacket, Eyes Wide Shut, were all standards of living at some point.

I'll look into Barry Lyndon but I don't expect to find it cheap at a DVDEchange on the southside of SA, TX. You never know though.

Anyhow, how'd y'all like Eyes Wide Shut? I heard it got some criticism in it's day but I really enjoyed it's dreamlike, sexual-fantasy, and conspiracy-laden qualities.

And now more than ever, I get it... Relationship-wise
>>
>>64128563
no but you should at least get some autism bucks!
>>
>>64128611
Continuation. There are many rewatchable movies that are great entertainment. The Prestige is well done and has a ton of good actors.

The end will mind fuck you and you will re watch over and over again to find the things you missed.
>>
Andrei Rublev

That shit will put you to sleep fast or possibly drive you insane
>>
>>64128723
I like them all t b h
>>
>>64126061
Heat is the only film you'll ever need
>>
>>64126061

>has access to the Internet
>doesn't download films with it

As well as poor, you're retarded
>>
>>64128908
Why are you so mad?
>>
>>64128908
>i cannot read

kill yourself my man
>>
>>64126061
Don't spend 7 dollars. Go to a pawn shop or something and get some used ones for a buck or two
>>
This is hilarious. You're even poorer than my friend from the Deep South who couldn't afford Jenga so her family bought knockoff Jenga.
>>
>>64128161
1. Public library, seriously
2. The girl with the dragon tattoo
>>
>>64129059
Is it really "hilarious" tho?

It's legit tough times. No crying... Just a rough patch.
>>
>>64128563
Dude, join us on /pol/ you'll soon learn the real culprit of your predicament.
>>
>>64130743
Back to /pol/ plz

There are certainly people who are victims of... Idk, oppression?

But I'm not one of them. I made some bad choices and I've been trying to turn it around and I get hit with a bad situation.

Still my fault. Still my choices.

Blame Jews somewhere else

For the record: I've been tryin REALLY HARD post-bad-choices tho.
>>
How old are you OP? Also, go to a local thrift store they have DVDs
>>
I've basically received the help I needed from this thread. Currently watching heat and watching Heat with my (14 month old) daughter.

I know what to do. The film suggestions still help... But paying my library debt is the smartest option and I feel dumb for not considering it.

Thanks guys
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.