[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The more I think about Star Wars 7, the more it pisses me off.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8
The more I think about Star Wars 7, the more it pisses me off.

It undid literally everything accomplished in the originals.

> There is no longer balance to the force
> The empire has still not been defeated
> There is a new, even better death star so Luke and Lando accomplished nothing longterm
> Leia is not learning to be a Jedi
> Leia and Han are not together
> Han is back to being a somewhat sleazy smuggler
> Luke is still learning to be a Jedi
> The prophecy of the originals was apparently meaningless, because Anakin's redemption apparently accomplished nothing.
> It even undid little things like Luke losing his saber, which was somehow recovered from falling into an abyss

Mentally I'm going to pretend ROTJ was still the conclusion because otherwise the OT is pointless.

Fuck JJ Abrams and fuck The Force Awakens
>>
Luke isn't training to be a jedi he's training others

What bothered me is Finn is ugly and there were no battle ships in the space battles.

Where the fuck are the star destroyers? Jesus why is it only ties vs x wings and where are the interceptors and a wings and y wings
>>
>>64123706
No luke is off meditating or something gay so he's still learning
>>
I thought TFA was decent for what it was (despite some obvious things that hold the movie back), but this is why sometimes things do not need sequels. The sequels were a bad idea from the start, just like the prequels were.
>>
>>64123645
>muh happy ending
You're a child
>>
File: kaplanisaJEWname.png (625 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
kaplanisaJEWname.png
625 KB, 1280x1024
>>64123645
but the Jews said it was the best Star Wars yet!
>>
>no longer balance to the force
Or maybe the balance hasn't even been achieved yet. How do you know what the prophecy means?

>Leia is not learning to be a Jedi
Maybe force sensitivity is akin to a recessive gene and doesn't active in every member of a blood line.

>Han is back to being a somewhat sleazy smuggler
Why wouldn't he be? Being a sleazy smuggler caught up in saving the universe is what made him his character in the first place.

>Luke is still learning to be a Jedi
In that case so was Yoda, or maybe he simply retreated.

>The prophecy of the originals was apparently meaningless
See the first point, how do you know the prophecy has been fulfilled yet and isn't still in the process of fulfillment?

>It even undid little things like Luke losing his saber, which was somehow recovered from falling into an abyss
There was no abyss, otherwise you would've seen daylight shining from below the room which it didn't, therefore the room was closed off.
>>
>>64123645
yep
>>
>>64123775
No the prequels, as a concept, weren't a bad idea. Seeing the rise of Darth Vader in the years before the empire was a good idea executed poorly.
>>
>>64123878
This.

TFA is a better movie than the prequels, though it's still mediocre.

But when you compare the concepts and ambitions of TFA to the prequels, TFA doesn't look good at all.
>>
>the First Order destroyed several planets and has already been more Successful than the Empire in one movie as the Empire was in 6 movies
>>
What the fuck did i just watch? no seriously, what the fuck?

i dont know where to start with this monstrosity of a flick. if it wasn't for the obvious faces and lightsabers it would just be the usual high budget flick with the thinking that fancy effects and explosions will make a 'movie' good. fucking wrong.

i couldnt tell if it was at the start, beginning or end due to the lack of structure and plot - infact im still struggling to see what the plot was? the whole thing dragged out to see some old fuck standing on the cliffs - greeeaat.

what really fucking me off was how they mocked the dark side to be a laughing stock. that pathetic joke making the clone troopers run away when kylo was throwing a tantrum.
-kylo was meant to be the evil sith boss but actually got KILLED by a girl using a lightsaber for the FIRST FUCKING TIME. the fucking dindu put up a good fight, they both have zero fucking knowledge in using one, let alone the force in general. what the fuck?
how can anyone possible criticise the prequels with pieces of liberal shit like this one? there were no characters in TFA with any presence, or something that made you think 'wow i like this guy'. the prequels had mace windu, anakin, obi wan, darth vader, darth maul, etc. what did this one have? the characters were fucking dull as fuck, im actually angry as im typing this i just cant get over what i just watched and i need to vent it somewhere.

trust disney to fuck up this bad. i dont even need to mention (but i will anyway) the obvious racism with the dark side being all white, and the 'goodies' being a melting pot of spics, chinks, dindus, females etc. how can this racism even be allowed?

sadly ticket sales determine the success of a film, and so people will feel obligated to think this flick was good but in reality it was tediously boring, which lacked a plot, characters with any redeeming qualities, and made the dark side a joke.
>>
File: 1411180612225[2].png (259 KB, 798x457) Image search: [Google]
1411180612225[2].png
259 KB, 798x457
arent the jedi/new republic kind of the bad guys in this new trilogy?

there's a peace treaty between the first order and the new republic, yet the republic keeps funding insurrection groups to destabilize the first order's systems
>>
I thought it was pretty good, not much worse than 4-6 which were ok but nothing phenomenal. 1-3 were shittiest shit though.
>>
>>64123645
>There is no longer balance to the force
This prophecy bullshit was up there with one of the stupidest fucking things from the prequels. I don't know why people care about it

And ANH had a happy conclusion. Everyone got a medal, they blew up the death star and kicked Vadars ass and everyone was happy. Next movie their right back in the shit. SW universe is never at peace for long.
>>
>>64124009
>when you compare the concepts and ambitions of TFA to the prequels, TFA doesn't look good at all.
So what you're saying is, if I imagine in my mind a better movie, it makes TFA look bad? How retarded are you? "Concepts and ambitions" don't mean shit compared to what's on the screen.
>>
there are now 2 jedi and 2 sith

the force seems pretty balanced to me
>>
>>64123770
He went off in exile looking for the Jedi Temple because he blames himself for rogue student. Like Obi Wan
>>
>>64124064
The peace treaty was between the New Republic and the Empire, the First Order is a splinter group that refuses to obey the treaty
>>
>>64123837
>be a disney owned property
>instant 30+% added on to your score
I wonder who is behind this...
>>
>>64123878
>>64124009
The prequels had greater ambitions, but the reality is that everything we needed to know about Darth Vader we already knew by the end of Return of the Jedi. The story of Vader's failure was told implicitly through Luke avoiding said failure.

I agree that it could have been good, but it was just as unnecessary as the sequels.
>>
>>64124159
That's plausible deniability. Of course the Empire is funding them.
>>
>>64124136
Lucas could have played it safe with the prequels and reskinned the OT like Disney are doing.

Ambition is admirable. Attempts at new world building is admirable. I'd rather rewatch George's great fuck ups over the forgettable copy and paste that is TFA.
>>
>>64123645
>destroying one superweapon means a galaxy-wide militaristic empire is defeated and can't build a new one
I wish retards would stop parroting this meme
>Luke is still learning to be a jedi
Except that's wrong
>the prophecy of the prequels was apparently meaningless
The prophecy was fucking retarded in the first place. What, force sensitive people can never get angry and go bad again because Darth Vader threw Sheev down a shaft in the second Death Star?
>Han is back to being a sleazy smuggler
That was always Han at his core
>>
>>64123645
>It undid literally everything accomplished in the originals.

Dear OP, it may seem so but I think in the next two episodes we will actually learn a lot more about the background.
>>
File: avatar smash.jpg (122 KB, 857x960) Image search: [Google]
122 KB, 857x960
>>64123645
>otherwise the OT is pointless.
they brought balance for 30 years.
>>
>>64124066
They are a bit better that 1-3, and that's not ok... I guess if you have no standards.
>>
File: giorgiotsoukalos[1].jpg (10 KB, 240x210) Image search: [Google]
giorgiotsoukalos[1].jpg
10 KB, 240x210
upcoming attractions

>rey trains with luke, gets very powerful very fast
>kylo trains with snoke, but his wavering between light and dark sides holds him back from achieving true power
>kylo is severely punished for his constant disappointments, defects
>encounters rey and co by chance
>kylo tries to join their side, but a fight ensues since nobody trusts him
>they eventually accept him ala prince zuko
>kylo and rey train in techniques of the dark side to help her prepare
>finn misinterprets all this close personal time as a budding romance. feels he is only holding everyone back and leaves the group
>the two encounter the other knights of ren, a badass fight ensues
>rey ends up betraying kylo and embracing the dark side, the power has gone to her head
>she leaves with the knights of ren as bb8 drags kylo's body back to the resistance
>>
>>64124322
No they didn't. It was obviously less than 30 years because now the empire is back full force.
>>
>>64123645
TFA and everything Disney does is to make a shit ton of money, anon. If you're concerned about story and character, it's over. Hollywood executives don't give two shits about that.
>>
>>64123645
I think they should go full comedy like Avengers desu
>>
>>64123645
Also

>killing the emperor wasn't that important because there was another shady disfigured old dark lord that took over
>>
>The prophecy of the originals was apparently meaningless, because Anakin's redemption apparently accomplished nothing.
He did, until Snape came in and ruined everything. Now Rey Sue has to bring balance once again.
>>
This movie was a piece of fucking shit.

Only libturds liked this movie because of its progressive casting.
They were probably too drug-addled to even follow the plot. That's assuming their tiny bird brains could follow it in the first place.
>>
it seems like almost no thought went into this movie

like they took an IP as illustrious as star wars and just put in the first ideas they came up with
>>
>>64124631
>all the bad guys are cis white males
>the good guys are a motley crew of women, minorities and illegal aliens

bravo jj! bravo disney!
>>
>>64123824
I don't think RotJ's ending being happy is necessarily the only point here. It's the fact it was a clear place for the story to end. It was conclusive. There was no need for anything else.

The inability for people to let things go and end is much more childish.
>>
>>64124791
>one white guy
>is fat
Thanks didney
>>
>>64124714

I think it was the other way round, any ideas for the story and the characters went through round after round of focus groups and brainstorming sessions until they were shredded down into a bland kind of pap that ticked all the boxes the executives wanted ticked, without being in any way original or interesting.

You can tell a shitload of material got cut out, like Max von Sydow's character, I bet he had a bigger role to start with but it was whittled down to barely anything. Same with Phasma and Maz.
>>
>>64124791
>OT
>bad guys are ghost white emperor, ghost white Vader and a pile of white generals
>good guys include a woman, a black guy and a furry
>>
>>64124151
Pottery
>>
>>64124875
There weren't any blacks in Star Wars until Lando tho
>>
>>64124923
>OT
>>
>>64124923
and he was a coward/traitor
>>
>>64124976
>not comparing only the first entries in both trilogies
>>
>>64125059
And you only compare IV and I, V and II, and VI and III, too? Is your autism life threatening?
>>
>>64125089
The sequel trilogy only has one movie so far.

>IV and I, V and II, and VI and III
Yes, people did compare them like this. You can even notice the poetry in subtitles but for a dumb preschooler like you it's a daunting task.
>>
I dont mind the idea of han and leia growing apart and him going back to bieng a smuggler. Id rather have him leave because leia had jedi commitments and han got sick of it tho
>>
mentally I don't even make myself believe the prequels exist
>>
>>64123645
> The prophecy of the originals was apparently meaningless, because Anakin's redemption apparently accomplished nothing.

That retarded prophecy was always meaningless.
>>
>>64124523
>killing the emperor wasn't that important

It lead to Empire losing the war and Republic achieving peace for over 20 years.
>>
The prequels are non-canon now. But TFA still shat on the canon trilogy. And just taking the movie on its own merits makes it fall flat on its face. It prints money though, so I guess it did exactly what the creators wanted it to.
>>
>>64125625
Good for you.
>>
>>64123839
>Maybe force sensitivity is akin to a recessive gene and doesn't active in every member of a blood line.

this is single handedly maybe the most retarded thing ever conjectured in a star wars thread
>>
>>64125696
>But TFA still shat on the canon trilogy

So far it sure as fuck didn't.

Disney won't allow another Ultron tier fiasco. SW is just too important.
>>
see, you some short-sighted motherfuckers in here.

Luke being on a higher mission is NOT one of the weaknesses of this admittedly flawed movie. Luke has seen and studied the historical and inevitable rise and fall and re-rise of the dark side of the force. His study with Obi Wan and Yoda, and later his self-led searching and meditation has taught him that the essence of the light side is wisdom and peace.
He knows that struggles for political and military power are inevitable and comparatively unimportant. He is seeking a higher knowledge, a way to bring a lasting balance to the force, to end the ceaseless cycle of rise and fall, the volatility of the force that leads to the repeated rise of the Sith, and the horror that leads to.

While his love for his friends is important to him as a man, he's had to step into a much more important role as the last living Jedi, and as such he has to look past the urge to rush into battle and save his friends, an urge he struggled with in Empire Strikes Back. He's moved beyond that now. He sees his role in the fate of the galaxy for generations to come, and has chosen to forsake his own desires and attachments in order to serve a higher purpose, and to seek a higher wisdom.

Either that, or they just needed him out of the way for the first movie so their action-fest could have a nostalgia-inducing cliffhangerish ending.
>>
the one thing i never understood from the prequels was Qui Gon jin. What did he see, why did he think anakin would be a jedi hero. Nothing about him makes any sense to me
>>
>>64123706
Ties and xwings were the only ships to deliver maximum nostalgia-baiting for minimum cost
>>
>>64125797
He felt the force was strong in Anakin. And midichlorian analysis confirmed it.
>>
>>64123706
tell it to frozen writers who wrote this movie.
>>
>>64125696
Prequels are still canon.
>>
>>64123645
THE ENTIRE ORIGINAL TRILOGY WAS ALL FOR NOTHING

Bullshit
>>
it seems everything in the galaxy goes to shit when jedi and sith get involved

why does everyone put up with it
>>
>>64125797
He used his comlink to consult with the wise Jedi oracle Midi-Klorine and she confirmed it
>>
File: smug dog.png (170 KB, 300x287) Image search: [Google]
smug dog.png
170 KB, 300x287
>>64124392
its funny just how much im rooting more for kylo than Rey. also
>happy ending forever and ever
you can discard the new trilogy and just go with the EU
>>
>>64126277
Same, the poor villain will have to overcome so much hardship and train his ass off to beat a mary sue like Rey
>>
>>64124048
>look mom im patrician
>>
>>64126347
i rather go with shit like Luke telling rey,''remember those tricks that you did? IT WAS ME''
>>
>>64124048
couldn't have put it better.
>>
File: bait not today.png (327 KB, 650x456) Image search: [Google]
bait not today.png
327 KB, 650x456
>>64124048
>not understanding the episodes 4/5 plot
>kylo
>done training
>dead
>TFA
>no characters
>prequels
>good
the movie is fucking overrated but there is so much wrong with this patrician pasta
>>
Dad and I watched Empire last night. I used to love the romance scenes with Han and Leia but last night all I could think about was where they end up. Lemme off this ride plz.
>>
>>64123706
Boyega is astonishingly ugly.
>>
>>64123645
Naming your BB8 droid, BB8 Is kinda like naming your Dog +Dog+????
>>
>>64123645
It's fan fiction anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 460x340) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 460x340
>>64126777
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.