[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This will be the biggest flop of 2016. Prove me wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
This will be the biggest flop of 2016.

Prove me wrong.
>>
Do you have a time machine fucker?
>>
>>64123278
>implying china won't eat this shit up
>>
it'll be panned but do alright
>>
>>64123278
Is this related to the Burton movie? What is this?
>>
>>64123278
>Trivializing mental illness.
Triggered
>>
the first one did more than $1 billion though
>>
It'll make her nice and desperate.

Live action interpretations of cartoons have been a consistent money loser.
>>
>>64123358
A sequel to the Burton movie.

>>64123328
>implying Alice in Wonderland is anything the Chinese want in an American blockbuster
The first one didn't even get a theatrical release in China.
>>
>>64123416
It only made $1 Billion because the public was thirsty for 3D "immersive" worlds. Tim Burton wound up taking a giant shit in front of one billion dollars' worth of filmgoers. The sense of loathing among my packed theater was so fucking thick by the end of that movie that you could cut it with a knife.

This movie is going to flop. Hard.
>>
One of the biggest hits of all time finally gets a sequel based on the book's sequel and you don't think it will do well?

You're stupid.
>>
>>64123601
The only reason this movie was greenlit at all was because of that undeserved box office. If that movie had not rode the heels of Avatar's success, it would never have made that much money.

Disney has no confidence in this sequel. They're dumping it out three weeks after Civil War.
>>
>>64123601
>One of the biggest hits of all time

The movie made some money yeah but I wouldn't call it "the biggest of all time".
>>
>>64123445

She's not in it how could it make her nice and desperate?
>>
Does it have the same cast?
>>
File: wonderflop.png (82 KB, 867x903) Image search: [Google]
wonderflop.png
82 KB, 867x903
It's coming out on the same day as X-Men Apocalypse. There is no hope for Alice.
>>
>>64123796
"Alice In Wonderland" is one of the world's biggest hits, in terms of books and movies.

I wasn't saying Tim Burton's film was a big hit. But I do think anything associated with Alice has a built in audience so it's not exactly risky.
>>
>>64124109
>macarronis having shit taste
not surprised
>>
No convincing refutements.

>Muh billion dollars!
Funny, the sequel to a $1b blockbuster has ZERO HYPE

It's coming out on the same day as X-Men, three weeks after Civil War. The first one was total garbage and everyone knows it because everyone was conned into seeing it. The trailer for this one looks like SHIT.

Disney is going to have Thanksgiving six months early because they have a gigantic turkey on their hands.
>>
What happened to Tim Burton, man?
Did everything that at one point made him unique just leave him or was he always a one trick pony who can't adapt to a new style of filmmaking? What is it? He used to make some really good stuff.
>>
>>64123278

Depp was just named as the least bankable actor.
>>
>>64123278
honestly would not be surprised

johnny depp's appeal is drastically dropping as he ages, and reception to the first alice in wonderland wasn't that amazing
>>
Did ANYONE like the first movie?
>>
>>64123278
Independence Day 2
>>
>>64123445
Nice Rooney tummy hunnnmmmmm.
>>
>>64124827
>least bankable actor
pfffffft haha I forgot about that!

>>64124946
Nope. No lasting effect or buzz. It left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. It has a 55% audience score on RT which is something an explosionfest like Transformers can get away with for a few movies but a surrealistic adventure like Alice will need people to actually like the movie in order to justify a sequel.

>>64125441
ID:R will need a bad trailer or FF4-level negative buzz to kill it. People are pretty interested in it so far.
>>
>>64125810
Id4
>lost the lead actor
>cast of pretty much irrelevant actors, they got the lesser hemsworth brother and jeff gokdblum at best
>worse looking effects than last movie
>nostalgia isn't there like Star Wars or Jurassic world
>looks like same ole alien shit from transformers

This shit may be saved in china, but it will bomb in America
>>
>>64124946
My girlfriend rarely shits on movies because she's not autistic and stops caring if she didn't like something, but she fucking hated the Burton one and says its whenever relevant
Not sure if thats a barometer for the general public but I don't think many people liked it
>>
>>64123762
Dumping a movie in may? This isn't wb. Disney knows how to schedule their movies
>>
>>64125921
I don't think losing Smith is as big of a setback as you, he seems to be in a bit of a lull in bankability. Besides, you underestimate how much millennials like Jeff Goldblum. Also, the alien shit from Transformers worked for four movies and counting. ID4 also has almost no competition for its release date; the only movies in its demo are Warcraft (2 weeks beforehand) and possibly the Purge (1 week later). Unless Finding Dory absorbs its audience, ID4R will probably make a tidy, if underwhelming, box office.
>>
>>64123278
To make it successful they should do the following:
>Give it a Labyrinth feel in terms of direction and style
>use puppets instead of CGI
>use Depps sexuality like Bowie in Labyrinth
>>
>>64126520
It's too late to change the movie's whole production, it comes out in May.

This is the movie that you're all convinced won't be a dead-on-arrival flop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiEG3Zr_Jxs

Look at that, the trailer has been on Disney's official channel for a month and it hasn't even managed 5 million views. The trailer for The BFG, which has been out for 20 days and whose film comes out over a month after Alice, is already at almost 7 million.

This movie is a FLOP.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.