[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so why did gandalf chose bilbo to accompany him and the dwarves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: bilbo-gandalf-610x428.jpg (74 KB, 610x428) Image search: [Google]
bilbo-gandalf-610x428.jpg
74 KB, 610x428
so why did gandalf chose bilbo to accompany him and the dwarves considering he wasn't even anything close to a burglar?
>>
couldn't he hire a real hobbit burglar?
>>
because he was small and nimble
>>
>>64122731
>random person approaches you
>"Do you rob people?"
>"Why yes of I do person I've never met! I know I can trust you with this secret."
>>
Because Gandalf had a hunch Bilbo could teach the dwarves a lot, not directly but by being himself. And that an adventure could teach Bilbo a lot. He wasn't wrong. He just put what he felt like together
>>
His stats made him the perfect burglar. Also divine machinations were in play.
>>
Because hobbits get a bonus of -2 to Armor Class against larger opponents, plus a 10% chance of being detected in woods and a one-third chance of being detected while hiding in dungeons.
>>
Because Gandalf wanted a toking buddy. He also had a hard on for little hobbit ass
>>
Because Gandalf had a great judge of character and he saw hidden potential in people. Something Saruman lacked because he was so smug.
>>
>>64123979
this is the answer that makes most sense in whole thread
>>
>>64122699
He sensed the force in him
>>
>>64122699
Hobbits have 100% stealth power, therefore bilbo was a perfect candidate for the mission.Gandalf was very familiar with bilbo's family especially his Took side of the family and knew that Bilbo would have a knack for adventure just like they did. Bilbos hesitancy was him just too comfy to the hobbit life style.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.