[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE FORCE AWAKENS - WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 19
File: 1.jpg (703 KB, 1280x1900) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
703 KB, 1280x1900
>Michael Arndt wrote the first draft of the script, based on George Lucas' original ideas for a new trilogy. It centered on the children of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Leia Organa being caught in the conflict between the New Republic and the remnants of the Empire, but the studio wasn't satisfied with his draft and J.J. Abrams wrote a new treatment along with Lawrence Kasdan.

>Arndt's draft centered on Kira (later renamed "Rey") and Sam (later renamed "Finn"). They would originally meet Luke halfway during their journey, and he'd guide Kira in the ways of the Force, but this was changed as Luke's presence detracted from their story. The plot was then changed to the search for Luke.

>Prior to Luke's removal, several McGuffins were considered, including the remains of Darth Vader, a forgotten Imperial weapon and an ancient scroll about the secrets of the Force.

>Brad Bird and Matthew Vaughn were reportedly approached to direct the movie before J.J. Abrams was selected.

>Elizabeth Olsen was approached to play Rey, but couldn't commit due to scheduling conflicts with AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON. Saoirse Ronan and Shailene Woodley were also considered before Abrams cast Daisy Ridley.

>Alex Pettyfer, Ed Speelers, Matthew James Thomas, Dayo Okeniyi and Ray Fisher auditioned for the role of Finn before John Boyega was cast.

>Chiwetel Ejiofor and James McAvoy were considered for the role of Poe Dameron before Oscar Isaac was cast. The character would originally die in the TIE Fighter crash, but Abrams changed his mind after meeting Isaac. The character was named "John Doe" in early drafts.

>Lee Pace auditioned for the role of Kylo Ren. Michael Fassbender was also linked to the role early into production.

>Jesse Plemons auditioned for the role of General Hux.

>Benedict Cumberbatch was approached to play Captain Phasma.

>Gary Oldman was considered for the role of Lor San Tekka.

>Hugo Weaving was considered for the role of Uber (later renamed "Snoke").
>>
File: 2.jpg (31 KB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
31 KB, 500x294
>In early drafts, the Resistence has its own secret weapon, known as "the Sledgehammer", which is able to simultaneously destroy several Imperial TIE Fighters. It is destroyed during the final battle at the Starkiller Base.

>In early drafts, Kylo Ren was older and more collected. When Adam Driver was cast, the character was changed into a younger and more reckless and unstable man.

>At one point, Hayden Christensen would return as the Force ghost of Anakin Skywalker. He'd appear as himself to Rey as as Darth Vader to Kylo Ren, since Anakin is the first Jedi to embrace both the Light and the Dark Side.

>There were plans for Billy Dee Williams to return as Lando Calrissian, but a deal couldn't be reached in time.

>There were plans for Denis Lawson to return as Wedge Antilles, but Lawson was not interested and declined.
>>
>uber
>>
>>64121693
Ja!
Ha ha! Oktoberfest!
>>
>>64121660
>Hayden Christensen would return as the Force ghost of Anakin Skywalker

Script doomed from the start.
>>
>UBER

>Hayden "From My Point Of View The Jedi Are Evil" Christensen returning to play Darth Vader AND good Darth Vader?

>Brad Bird and Matthew Vaughn approached to direct

>CHILDREN OF THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY

thank fucking christ, would have been the PT all over again
>>
>>64121809
It'll happen in Episode VIII
>>
>>64121823
Vaughn would've been cool. According to yesterday's leak, he might direct a standalone "Boba Fett" movie.
>>
>>64121646
Even Arndt admitted in an interview that his script wasn't very good and it "went nowhere", basically climaxing in the first 15 minutes after the heroine met up with Luke. I mean, it doesn't sound terrible, but if its creator calls it sub-par, then it probably was.
>>
>Elizabeth Olsen

We dodged a bullet there
>>
>>64121874

Kingsmen was the only not completely garbage he's directed.

If you think TFA is capeshit now, imagine how worse it could have been
>>
>>64121660
>He'd appear as himself to Rey as as Darth Vader to Kylo Ren, since Anakin is the first Jedi to embrace both the Light and the Dark Side.

This is the kind of EU garbage I don't want creeping into the films. He died a good man, Sith don't have Force ghosts.
>>
Ed Speelers would have been a 10/10 Finn desu. I like Boyega but he doesn't "feel" like a Star Wars character. He feels like someone from a Marvel movie was transported to the Star Wars universe desu.
>>
Ask someone mad enough to go see the movie for a third time tonight anything
>>
Billy Dee better be in episode 8.
Love Lando.
>>
>>64121646
>>64121660
What we got is more interesting
>>
>>64121987
But would you love an old, barely moving, parkinson-ridden Lando that has no suave left in him?
>>
File: BriED-DCUAA8IrE.jpg (47 KB, 599x898) Image search: [Google]
BriED-DCUAA8IrE.jpg
47 KB, 599x898
Why didn't they cast the perfect girl as Rey?
>>
>>64121978
i went once with friends and once with senpai
i don't think i could handle another viewing
>>
>>64122018
>Horse face
>Horse teeth
>Terrible taste in clothing
That's a /trash/ tier girl.
>>
>>64122018
She does look a lot like Jaina Solo.
>>
File: image.jpg (261 KB, 742x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
261 KB, 742x1024
>>64121646
>could've had the director of the Best Mission Impossible movie
>could've had this qt3.14 as lukes daughter and a jedi

J U S T

U

S

T
>>
>>64121660
>At one point, Hayden Christensen would return as the Force ghost of Anakin Skywalker. He'd appear as himself to Rey as as Darth Vader to Kylo Ren, since Anakin is the first Jedi to embrace both the Light and the Dark Side.
This sounds like a fucking ripoff of Harry Osbourne getting tormented Norman in Spider-Man 2.
>>
my irishfu could've been in star wars ;_;
>>
George Lucas' original ideas for a new trilogy. It centered on the children of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Leia Organa being caught in the conflict between the New Republic and the remnants of the Empire

So what are you complaining about exactly? That's what the movie is about, if you haven't seen it.
>>
>>64122015
If they can unJUST Mark Hamill, anything is possible.
>>
File: 1439933353117.png (3 MB, 1616x909) Image search: [Google]
1439933353117.png
3 MB, 1616x909
so, J.J. actually saved ep. VII from being utter shit?
>>
>Saoirse Ronan

Mother FUCKER
>>
>uber
>UBER

Clearly a fucking placeholder codename while the concept artists were working on the details, like The Sledgehammer and The Catapult and The Vicar etc etc that we kept hearing about before release.

C a a a l m
d
o
w
n
>>
I felt like the execution of this one ruined everything since the story is basically a copy of previous films. Subpar lightsaber fights, a weak as fuck dark side and muh chosen one learned how to manipulate the force in 30 minutes.

Finn should have been destroyed by any half competent Hedi or sith tier lightsaber wielder with no effort.
>>
>elizabeth olsen

this wouldnt have worked, she looks like a literal angel, wouldnt fit as a scavenger jedi girl
>>
File: 1450655952097.gif (1 MB, 395x512) Image search: [Google]
1450655952097.gif
1 MB, 395x512
>>64122047
>>
>>64122125
Or, you know... Force Ghosts.
>>
>>64121646

VII < I < II < III < VI < V < IV
>>
>>64123731
I'm right now trying to imagine this chord progression.
>>
>>64122394

>directly copies a pre-existing movie

>He saved shit

Jesus TFA fanboys
>>
Of course J.J re-wrote it, it didn't have the the worst most African looking negro having an inter-racial romance with the petite White female lead.

Duh. You fucking racists. I personally hope the series ends with them having lots of wonderful force sensitive mixed raced children.
>>
>>64123776

>The crazy thing is —
>it's true.
>All of it.
>It's all true
>>
File: image.jpg (174 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174 KB, 1252x1252
>>64121646
Hugo Weaving would have been a great Snoke.... The rest are a little off.

Lee Pace and Gary Oldman should have better roles.
>>
>>64123731

V > VII > VI > IV > literally eating shit > III > I > II
>>
>>64121880

Well the current Ep7 also goes nowhere.

The not-Empire just asspulls a weapon even stronger than the Death Star that took the Empire decades to complete.

Finn just happens to crash near Rey.
They just happen to have the MF sitting nexto them.
Then they just happen to stumble onto Han after 2 minutes in space.
Then Maz just happens to have the lightsaber with her.
It's all completely random and contrived shit even by SW standards.
>>
>>64121874
Why do people a fuck about Boba Fett, the most boring character ever invented.
>>
>>64121823
So a good Star Wars film?
>>
>>64122542
I feel like people forget that Kylo got shot in his gut, and kept punching himself to get angrier. He was not at full power, and would probably have shrekt both Finn Fuckface and Rey Sue with ease otherwise.

Why do people ignore this shit when he was clearly shown to be bleeding, let alone the shot where he was fucking shot in the stomach by Cheewie?
>>
>>64121913
Layer Cake was good, and it's not saying much but First Class was the best directed X Men movie
>>
>Elizabeth Olsen
Just imagining this makes me throw up a little.
>>
>>64124252
>he not-Empire just asspulls a weapon even stronger than the Death Star that took the Empire decades to complete.

Nobody cared that the Empire built a second one in the 5 years between ANH and ROTJ so why the fuck do you faggots care about this?
>>
>>64121646
Imagine the public reaction if Alex Pettyfer was Finn and Chiwetel Ejiofor was Poe, and Poe died in the first movie. TFA came this close to causing a massive SJW outcry instead of pissing off you guys
>>
File: ralphs-heart.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ralphs-heart.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>64121646
>Elizabeth Olsen was approached to play Rey, but couldn't commit due to scheduling conflicts with AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON.
>>
>>64124367
>Galfag in this thread
Lizbros, you know what to do
>>
Why did the Imperials invent anti Jedi weapons that could withstand lightsabers if there was literally 1 Jedi left at the end of ROTJ?
>>
>>64124415

>combined industral might of the Empire manages to barely complete a second Death Star in 5 years

>limited industrial capabilties of the imperial remnants on the fringes of the galaxy make a planet-sized star sucker that can obliterate entire systems without breaking a sweat

yeah, totally the same
>>
>>64124542

Because it looked cool.
>>
>>64124415
The second death star was criticized just as much as the 3rd one
>>
File: 1443947220849.png (269 KB, 550x535) Image search: [Google]
1443947220849.png
269 KB, 550x535
>>64121646
>No Brad Bird Star Wars with Saorise Rey
>>
>>64124584

The First Order had like 30 years to build the thing though. That's more time than between episode 3 and 4
>>
boyega is literally teh niggest and moz is the worst character ever
>>
>>64124474
Talk about a mismanagement of time. Holy shit would going for Star wars have been better, even if it meant breaking some contracts (though I imagine that can get you blacklisted. Still).
>>
>>64121646
>It centered on the children

DROPPED.
>>
>>64124584

They had 30 years to hollow out a planet and build a big gun. Starkiller base was big but the actual base itself looked pretty tiny compared to the death star.
>>
>>64121646
>fassbender as kylo ren

f all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been'
>>
>>64124715
I don't know if she'd fit as the Rey character though. But yeah getting into the Star Wars franchise would be better than Marvel. Also she's 10/10 cute.
>>
>>64121646
And thank god they didnt make that version, what shit it would have been.

Bullet dodged.
>>
File: le pointing man.jpg (110 KB, 850x478) Image search: [Google]
le pointing man.jpg
110 KB, 850x478
>>64121646
>but this was changed as Luke's presence detracted from their story
this is an absolutely valid reason to change the script as much as they did. Luke is my favourite character next to Palpatine and as much as I'd have liked to see more of him, the way they built him up as a LEGEND was far better than anything they could have done if he had just been hanging around.
>>
>>64124847
>build him up in the movie
>actually get to him at the end
>the awkward helicopter shot completely ruins it
What the fuck were they thinking? Looked like some behind the scenes footage not actual movie material.
>>
File: 1441049204064.jpg (2 MB, 2085x2399) Image search: [Google]
1441049204064.jpg
2 MB, 2085x2399
Just came back home from watching this.

What the fuck happened with the sword fights? After Man of Steel I was expecting the most crazy and over the top fights I've seen in my life, but they were average as fuck. No top tier movements like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3oSAVwcD4U

WHY
>>
>>64124886
Kylo Ren is a bitch who's not as strong with the Force as he wants to be
He was also very injured
Rey and Finn both have melee training but not lightsaber training

The fight was intentionally more archaic
>>
>>64124873
The fact that she was just standing there like a goof with her arm extended was super weird to me. The odd helicopter pan was also out of place.

Otherwise they handled Luke perfectly imo. Now we're set up for the next ones. Let's hope Mark is as good as he looks.
>>
>>64124991
>Let's hope Mark is as good as he looks.
Did you watch the video where he dressed up as a Stormtrooper? He looked energetic as hell. He really unfucked his own shit good.
>>
>>64124886
They handled the fights perfectly. They felt like real fights, not just spin-contests. The way they handled sabers in the prequels was so fucking dumb.

I sincerely hope they stick with this approach.
>>
>>64124953
notice how rey was using mostly stabbing moves as she'd be using her stick weapon
>>
>>64124953

Well I hope they git gud for the next movie and fight properly with backflips and shit
>>
>>64125029
I think I saw a clip or two.

He looked in good form in Kingsman desu, and I hear he's been rocking the voice acting career. He did a total fucking 360 UNJUST, and I hope he sticks to it even after the films are done.
>>
>>64125054
Drink bleach you cunt. The moronic fight style of the prequels was asscancerous as FUCK.
>>
File: 1440008095569.jpg (144 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1440008095569.jpg
144 KB, 800x800
>>64125054
>and fight properly with backflips and shit
>>
File: [visible confusion].webm (1 MB, 450x472) Image search: [Google]
[visible confusion].webm
1 MB, 450x472
>>64125094
>Drink bleach you cunt.
>asscancerous
>as FUCK
Is this guy really this newfag reddit or did I just get tricked?
>>
>>64125094
>He didn't like the prequels
Helloooooo Reddit!
>>
>>64121646
>It centered on the children of Luke Skywalker, Han Solo and Leia Organa being caught in the conflict between the New Republic and the remnants of the Empire
this is what I wanted! not first order shit.
>>
>>64125128
>newfag
>reddit
>or
>just
lol look at this faggot he uses words to communicate
>>
>>64124886

The sword fight was the best of the series even if the movie wasn't. The physical acting of all three parties was a phenomenal. Rey looked based as fuck when she went beast mode and Finn played a determined but outclassed novice fighter extremely well.

Kylo was awesome. The right balance between outright aggressive and emotional and still obviously somewhat trained and experienced handling his weapon.
>>
>>64125223
>communicate
Alright, jig is up redditor, back to /r movies or whatever your shit subreddit is called.
>>
So did they kill Harrison Ford only because he wouldn't want to act in the other 2 movies? He only wanted the cashgrab?
>>
>>64125223

your bait is terrible just stop.
>>
>>64124351
>kept punching himself to get angrier
this is a meme now?
>>
Does anyone have a link for the The Force Awakens Artbook? I haven't found anything.
>>
>>64125297

You have 10 seconds to tell me why he punched himself then
>>
>>64125264
He's too expensive maybe
>>
>>64122047
Being literally gay
>>
>>64121660
the sledgehammer sounds like it would have been a fun lego set :(
>>
>>64125360
we've been through this before. if you hit some injuries you can temporarily numb the pain.
>>
>>64125360
to fuel his anger by making him feel more pain. dark jedi and sith have always been able to do that
>>
>>64121646
>Hugo Weaving was considered for the role of Uber
And I thought Snoke was bad
>>
>>64121978
How is life with autism
>>
File: 1424186014839.jpg (34 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
1424186014839.jpg
34 KB, 400x533
>>64125422
when? when have they ever done this?
>>
>>64124278
Muh armor
>>
>>64121832

Sure it will. And Maul will get cloned too.

You prequel autists are beyond hope.
>>
>>64125412
Why is it unreasonable that he hit it to get angrier? Why are you panties getting in a twist over that? I think most people assumed he did it to get more worked up, not to numb the pain by hitting himself. That's goofy, even if it's technically true in some situations.
>>
Enters Cantina Castle/Space 50s Diner
>"HAN SOLOOOOOO"/ "OBI-WAAAAAAN"
>".........Hey Maz"/ "Hello Dex!"

Jesus JJ, wrong pottery.......
>>
>>64124252
R2D2 just happens to land next to Luke and Obi.
You got a point with the Han stuff though.
>>
Why aren't the movies more like naruto?
>>
>>64125627
if anything he'd hit himself to wake up since he'd be woozy from losing blood. he didn't look any angrier than normal, anon.

and since that has never happened in any of the movies before why would he hit himself to get angrier? shouldn't he have hit himself on the bridge when he had conflict with the dark and light side?
>>
>>64125799
>R2D2 just happens to land next to Luke and Obi.
Leia specifically sent him there though. it wasn't coincidence.
>>
File: Trickster.jpg (47 KB, 528x396) Image search: [Google]
Trickster.jpg
47 KB, 528x396
>>64125029
He's also on point on The Flash. He has a great energy about him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As0TjZUx_kA
>>
>Prior to Luke's removal, several McGuffins were considered, including the remains of Darth Vader, a forgotten Imperial weapon and an ancient scroll about the secrets of the Force.

>In early drafts, the Resistence has its own secret weapon, known as "the Sledgehammer", which is able to simultaneously destroy several Imperial TIE Fighters. It is destroyed during the final battle at the Starkiller Base.

These sound like they could have been good. A few of them sound like they might have been alright. The rest sound absolutely shit, like Hayden Christensen appearing as a force ghost.
>>
>>64125896
Is not understanding that he was obviously hitting himself right in his laser-shot-wound to get angrier some ebin ruse /tv/ cooked up?
>>
>>64126005
Is he playing the Joker in that clip?
>>
>>64126047
you have it backwards.

why would you think he was trying to get angrier? he was already plenty angry.

I'm the one being rused, since no one has given examples of a dark side ever hurting himself to get angrier and more powerful. why would you even think this?
>>
>>64122018
Looks too petite. The actress playing rey needed to have an athletic or dancing background for action scenes.
>>
>>64126080
The Trickster, who is basically a more gimmick-oriented Joker anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snF-FqfJna4
>>
>>64125936
Shit, forgot about that.
>>
>>64126115
>what is maintaining fury through pain
>what is boosting fury through pain
>implying something can only happen if we've seen it happen before
This is too stupid to argue about.
>>
>>64122125
AVENGE ME
>>
>>64121660
I like the idea of the Resistance having their own super weapon, but aside from that it sounds like shit.

That's why scripts go through revisions. That didn't happen with the prequels.
>>
>>64126431
>what is seeing things that aren't there alex?

if it makes the scene have more depth for you then I won't stop you.
>>
>>64124252
>Finn just happens to crash near Rey
So a 2 hour film about Finn wandering in the desert?

>They just happen to have the MF sitting nexto them
So a 2 hour film about them trying to find a ship to take them off planet?

>Then they just happen to stumble onto Han after 2 minutes in space.
So a 2 hour film about them wandering aimlessly through space?

Reminder that Star Wars isn't Seinfeld.
>>
>>64126603
Yes, it's much more reasonable to assume there's no reason at all, instead of the blindingly obvious "pain boosts adrenaline making him more angry and therefore powerful".

If ignoring obvious meaning means you hate the movie more because you're a soulless husk makes you happier, I won't stop you.
>>
>>64121660
>>At one point, Hayden Christensen would return as the Force ghost of Anakin Skywalker. He'd appear as himself to Rey as as Darth Vader to Kylo Ren, since Anakin is the first Jedi to embrace both the Light and the Dark Side.
>since Anakin is the first Jedi to embrace both the Light and Dark Side.
WHAT IS REVAN
>>
>>64127001
Not canon
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.