[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will you be when Star Trek Beyond makes 1.9 billion dollars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7
File: 1450166661322.png (907 KB, 854x917) Image search: [Google]
1450166661322.png
907 KB, 854x917
When will you be when Star Trek Beyond makes 1.9 billion dollars worldwide?
>>
File: hisoka doesnt enjoy the show.png (90 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
hisoka doesnt enjoy the show.png
90 KB, 400x225
>>64120551
on 4chan
>>
>>64120551
Outside of fantasy world
>>
>the director of Fast & Furious

BECAUSE THATS A GOOD THING NOW YOU GUYS
>>
I'll probably see it.
>>
>>64120551
Does anyone honestly give a shit about the Star Trek reboot? Hardcore Trek fans despise it and it makes dick compared to capeshit and Star Wars.
>>
>>64120762
Kinda, but I went flaccid at Into Darkness. Thought the reboot was pretty decent. I'll give this one a chance.
>>
>>64120551
I CANT STAND IT
>>
>>64120762
This new one looks like shit, the other two were pretty good.
>>
>>64120835
No they weren't, JJ.
>>
>>64120894
they were though
>>
>>64120835
The first was an okay space adventure that won't be remembered except for some fun stuff. Never saw the second
>>
>>64120762
They are trying to cash in on the GotG/Fast and Furious hype train. They don't seem to realize that Star Trek was never meant to be like either of those. All they've done is completely alienated real trek fans.
>>
>>64120949
The second is arguably the worst 'blockbuster' movie I have ever seen. It makes Star Trek Nemesis look like There Will Be Blood.
>>
>>64120992
you haven't watched many blockbusters then i guess
>>
>>64120949
The second one was a decent action movie but a terrible trek movie. It ends with a foot chase in San Francisco.
>>
>>64121040
Into dankness isn't good but yeah, terminator 3, transformers sequels, iron man 3, and 2012 are worse
>>
That was some cringe-worthy trailer.
>>
>>64121040
I've watched tons of blockbusters.
>>
>>64121124
apparently not
>>
>>64121151
Name six that are worse than Star Trek Into Darkness and I'll refute them.
>>
>>64121174
Almost any of the marvel movies out in the past few years.
>>
>>64121224
I'm not crazy about those, but they are fucking masterpieces compared to Into Darkness.
>>
not sure i want to watch an old tv serie but are the older movies worth a watch?
>>
>>64121252
Both the show and the films are relatively good with variations from 'This is fucking awesome' to 'What the fuck am I doing with my life?'
>>
>>64121252
Honestly you're better off with the series
>>
>>64121174
>The SW Prequel Trilogy?
>Transformers 2
>Transformers 4
>Jurassic World
>>
>>64121252
All 4 transformers
The lone ranger
Man of steel
>>
>>64121244
no
>>
>>64120551
vomiting in my mouth

to the tunes of the beastie boys
>>
>>64121282
Those movies are bad, but shit still happens in them. The - at least kinda-sorta- live up to their name. Their main flaws come from the fact that they don't do much else - Star Wars is very little more than flash lightsabers and laser guns in the case of the prequels. Transformers is little more than robots fighting and turning into planes/cars. Jurassic World is pretty much one single dinosaur wrecking shit. That's all those movies amount to.

Into Darkness does not resemble Star Trek in any way shape or form aside from the occasional superficial aesthetic quality. I hate to paraphrase Mike Stoklasa, but it really does reduce all the pre-existing characters - characters with, what, fifty years of development and detail? - and reduces them to their barebones cartoon character counterparts. Actually, that's not entirely true - their cartoon counterparts in Trek Animated were much more well thought out.

The characters are flat, the plot is fucking horrible - and I mean wretched - the storyline to Transformers 2 feels like a damn Fitzgerald novel in comparison - and the connections it does try to make to its name are lifeless, forced, and pandering to a pop culture demographic that doesn't even exist.
>>
>>64121415
basically

>i like star trek but don't like this so it's the worst movie ever made
>>
>>64121282
The only one there that's worse than Star Trek Into Darkness is potentially Transformers 2, and at least that has Megan Fox. Into Darkness was just so terrible.
>>
>>64120991
Real Trek fans couldn't support Enterprise or give support to a turd like Nemesis. Viacom saw they had to widen the base and so they did by turning into Star Wars Jr.

Honestly I'm just glad they didn't go full retard and tried to turn Star Trek into something akin to the Battlestar Galactica Reboot, which is something I'm sure they thought of at some point. Hell Normies eat up Game of Thrones so a gritty Star Trek could have wider appeal.
>>
>>64121444
I'm not even a big Trek fan. I've seen a few episodes of the original, TNG, and DS9 and I watched and enjoyed some of the original movies and the 09 'soft reboot'.
>>
It looks like a straight to DVD big budget action film.
>>
>>64121471
>Real Trek fans couldn't support Enterprise
Better than Voyager at least. I liked Enterprise. Nemesis was already heading the way of the reboot, with a big black bad guy ship wanting to destroy Earth for no reason and no real story. At least Nemesis had the whole Picard clone thing, where the antagonist has to deal with that he could have been a great man like Picard. 2009 has very little, and Into Darkness has nothing.
>>
File: 1386884648073.jpg (42 KB, 356x437) Image search: [Google]
1386884648073.jpg
42 KB, 356x437
kirk 200 years in the future rides a dirt bike.
Bravo LIN
>>
>>64120551
All is see turquoise and teal.
>>
File: well kiddo.png (116 KB, 250x300) Image search: [Google]
well kiddo.png
116 KB, 250x300
>>64121415
not this guy but you are saying shit that could apply to any franchise.explain yourself with exemples from within the movie because you are just throwing up words right now.
>>64121506
>straight to DVD
it look bad but not THAT bad.it just looks like a flick
>>
>>64121572

>2015
>people riding horses like hundreds of years ago
>>
>>64121557
Nemesis is shit but i liked that data went out like a baller though. Tom hardy was good if underwriiten.
>good if underwriiten.
>Tom Hardy's whole career
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (6 KB, 310x162) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
6 KB, 310x162
>>64120551
I NEVER NARCED ON NOBODY
>>
name 5 movies more unintentionally offensive than into darkness

shit, name 3 with a worse third act

don't worry, ill be here all day
>>
>>64120551
>hear Simon Pegg is writing Star Trek Beyond
>think "awesome, maybe we'll finally get a real Star Trek movie."
>trailer comes out
>doesn't look like Star Trek at all
>look up the writing credits
>Robert Orci, Doug Jung and a couple of nobodies that have never written a film before co-wrote it
Goddamn it.
>>
>>64120551
>implying it comes even close
>turned Star Trek into generic Marvel tier capeshit at the expense of not being Trek anymore but also not reaching the popularity of capeshit
>second-rate action flick
JUST
>>
>>64121902
>turned Star Trek into generic Marvel tier capeshit
To be fair, JJ-Trek was the same shit.
>>
File: 247_-_Poster.jpg (149 KB, 640x900) Image search: [Google]
247_-_Poster.jpg
149 KB, 640x900
>>64121765
Transformers 2
Identity Thief
Pic related
>>
>>64121785
Orci has credits because of legal reasons but his first script was scrapped completely
>>
>>64121944
What about the other co-writers?
>>
Why does Zachary Quinto look so fat and jowly in the trailer? He's literally being paid millions of dollars to stay in shape.
>>
Beyond's new script is just written by Pegg and Jung.
>>
>>64121252
The Wrath of Kahn is classic, everyone should watch it at least once. The Voyage Home and The Undiscovered Country are great. The Search for Spock is good. The Motion Picture is very slow but it's interesting, watch it if you like your sci-fi slow and brainy. The Final Frontier is total shit, don't watch it unless you get a laugh out of corny shit.
>>
>>64121785
The first script by Pegg was seen as too Star Trek-y by the producers. That tells you everything you need to know about the franchise.
>>
Now, the producers want to turn Star Trek into something that it isn't because they want to make more money. But why aim for a low hanging fruit like Guardians of the Galaxy? They could retool it to immitate Jurassic World or Avatar just as well.
>>
>>64121244
>>64121174

Lel

Transcendence
Pan
John Carter
Jupiter Ascending
I, Frankenstein
Pompeii
Expendables 3

You want to admit you were dead wrong now?
>>
>>64120894
old meme
>>
>>64122903
>John Carter
>Jupiter Ascending

>blockbuster
are you high? those were the opposite of blockbusters.
>>
>>64122940
They were made as Blockbusters- huge budgets and star factor, in the exact same way Into Darkness was. If you want to say they're not blockbusters because of revenue then Into Darkness was a disappointment to paramount who thought it'd blow up.
>>
>>64121252
1,2,4 are really good. The first two seasons of the show are very good as well.
>>
>>64120551
not falling for the b8 m8
>>
>>64123079
>not including 6

legit triggered
>>
I would even be okay with it if they made decent scifi movies with just the Trek brand plastered on it.

But Into Darkness was not a good movie or a good scifi movie or even a good flick.

This entire trailer looks like it was beamed out of some low-IQ normie Chad's head based on what he thinks Trek might be about after never seeing any Trek material whatsoever except maybe 5 minutes of JJ's first Trek movie.
>>
I like Into Dankness because it had that 30 year old blonde chick in it.
>>
>>64120551
Star Trek Beyond will be clobbered by Roland Emmerich's shitty ID4 sequel.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.