[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>White Guilt: The Movie How did this thing beat Capote for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: crash_poster.jpg (158 KB, 822x1200) Image search: [Google]
crash_poster.jpg
158 KB, 822x1200
>White Guilt: The Movie
How did this thing beat Capote for Best Picture? How did it even get nominated?
>>
>>64120358
Capote was pretty boring tbqh. Don't care 'bout Crash's politcs but it was way more interesting formally and aesthetically.
>>
Corporate payola. Or like when Marissa Tomei "won"....
/someone said the wrong name
>>
>>64120414
>aesthetically
Crash looked like a fucking TV movie. And not a good one.
>>
>>64120358
Best picture hasn't meant anything for 20 years.
Wins are based on bribes, industry politic and the pretentious morons in the academy making picks that pander to their sensibilities (bonus points for films about the industry, civil rights/antiwar political pieces, biopics etc.).
Go ahead and take a look at best picture winners from 95ish to 2015 and try to tell me that a majority actually deserved the a award.
>>
>>64120358

Nothing will beat the robbery of '99
>>
>>64120643
No country for old men
>>
>>64120734
Jesus christ...

I said, try to tell me that a majority of the winners deserved it, not pick one film that you thought deserved best picture.
>>
>>64120734
He said " try to tell me that a majority actually deserved the a award". No Country For Old Men is an exception, most winners from 1995 to 2015 didn't deserve to win.
>>
>>64120706
I hope you mean 98.
>>
>>64120643
You're being too kind, the academy has been a joke ever since 1980.
>>
>>64120643
>American Beauty
>Gladiator
>Return of the King
>The Departed
That's all I've got.
>>
>>64120859
This. That was a particularly bad fuck up. Two amazing war films that are fondly remembered to this day lost to a shitty romance that no one has cared about in over a decade.
>>
>>64120881
I feel like the picks during the 80s were a bit more consistent than they are these days, though obviously you still have unbelievable shit like dances with wolves winning over goodfellas.

>>64120888
Now consider that you're only looking at the films that made it to nomination. How many nomination snubs do you think you've forgotten at this point?
>>
>why did this white guilt movie win the oscar

because it was a white guilt pandering movie
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.