[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"From my point of view the Jedi are evil!" >There
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 13
File: anakin_syndrome_wide.jpg (40 KB, 630x250) Image search: [Google]
anakin_syndrome_wide.jpg
40 KB, 630x250
>"From my point of view the Jedi are evil!"
>There are people ON THIS BOARDS that think the prequal trilogy was good all of a sudden
>>
If you watch RLM and/or dislike the prequels, you should probably go back to Reddit.
>>
>>64119744
>"From my point of view the Jedi are evil!"

What exactly is wrong with this line in its given context?
>>
It's believable

Anakin does not have good social skills
>>
People who defend Hayden Christensen by blaming the writing rather than his acting are literally the worst
>>
>>64119864
both are shit
>>
>>64119812
Are you serious? It's a fucking awful, on the nose, awkwardly delivered line
>>
>>64119744
But he's right.
>>
>>64119812
>just murdered a bunch of defenseless children and CGI cartoons.
>decides it's a good moment to debate morals while floating in a lava pool.
>>
>>64119744
That line isn't bad. There's tons of other terrible lines in that exchange that you should have chosen instead. "Only Siths deal in absolutes" being one of the worst lines ever written.
>>
>>64119864
The acting is a result of the direction. The behind the scenes footage show Hayden's first attempt being actually decent, then lucas steps in and tells him to do it worse. Then when Hayden overacts like directed, Lucas is like "Perfect!"
>>
>>64119780
This board was over whelmingly against the prequals before episode 7 was released.

I love how autistic /tv/ is with anything that is popular. Literally everyone on the internet and outside of the internet I've seen loved the new film.

Its so fucking funny. I remember all kinds of threads ripping apart George Lucas and the prequals.

I honestly think if the protagonist was a white male this board's tune would drastically change.
>>
>>64119881
Agreed, but Ewan was bearable as Obi Wan despite the shit writing
>>
>kind born to a slave mom with zero to no social contact with other children growing up and had more interest in building robots and flying pods doesn't communicate like a suave Casanova

You'd think most of 4chan would be able to relate a bit
>>
>>64119744
Why are the Jedi evil tho

The sith are about unleashing the true power of the force, the Jedi are good goys
>>
>>64119908
That fits the moment precisely, were you expecting a witty disney quip?
>>
>>64119908
>>64119925

All he's doing is rationalizing or justifying his actions. He doesn't see anything evil in anything he's done. He's eliminated the separatist leaders and the Jedi scum for the good of the galaxy.

Americans thought there was nothing evil in killing all the children in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
>>
>>64119971
>His acting and the dialogue was MEANT to be shit!

Keep the excuses coming. This is brilliant. I've never seen a group of people U-turn so hard.
>>
Episode 3 still manages to be okay despite shit writing and eyesore CGI.

The last shot of ROTS is the best of the prequels and it's a gilb facsimile of the best shot of the OT
>>
>>64119945
Yeah like all the marvel capeshit with white male leads that are really popular here
>>
>>64120010
>a witty disney quip

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT.

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE.

YOU PEOPLE AREN'T EVEN MAKING SENSE NOW.
>>
>>64119945
>Literally everyone on the internet and outside of the internet I've seen loved the new film.

Nobody fucking cares
>>
>>64120013

I've never hated them you retard. They were underwhelming but still enjoyable as an actual Star Wars fan.
>>
>>64120082
/tv/ seems too. They've created a safe space against anything popular.
>>
>>64119945
why do redditors come on here for a week and think they can speak about the board
>>
>>64120010
I was expecting something more than just
"nuh uh YOU'RE the bad guy"
>>
>>64120094

TFA babies just like to pretend there were never threads that defended the prequels here before.

There are just more now because the board has had more traffic due to the new movie.

Heck, we did a strawpoll and good chunk of the voters said they liked TFA and the prequels.
>>
>>64120012
>Americans thought there was nothing evil in killing all the children in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Maybe the dirty japs shouldn't have bombed Pearl Harbor.
>>
>>64119812
Yeah, he should have said something like, "How does this work? Do I say something evil? Do you say something good?" that would have been so funny and self-aware
>>
>>64120158

Maybe the Jedi shouldn't have tried to take over the Senate.
>>
>>64119971
I see why people like Kylo and call him best Anakin now. His past life wasn't shown, his struggles weren't shown, his turn to the dark side wasn't shown. Best character indeed.
>>
no one thinks its good, it's just easy bait 2bh.
>>
>>64120123
Maybe Obi-Wan should have told him to calm down, then they talk about their problems in a safe place

After that they go back and finish the duel
>>
>>64120012
>Americans thought there was nothing evil in killing all the children in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
It can be justified from a utilitarian perspective
>>
>>64120203
I think they are good. Especially ep III.

Though I agree he fucked up delivery on that line posted in OP.
>>
>>64120173
Well maybe!

Although one is bombing a base without a declaration of war and one is using democracy to gain power...
>>
>>64120097

Imageboards like these are not echo chambers for just mainstream opinions. You're going to encounter different opinions and perspectives. If you can't deal with that, leave.
>>
>>64120272

>Democracy to gain power

A takeover by force, considering there is no resistance to the Jedi
>>
>>64119994
>the average /tv/ poster
>>
>>64119744
They're better than VII that's for sure.
>>
>>64120384
Mediocre meme
>>
>"TFA will be shit! Fucking Jew Jew Abrams, fucking nigger main character, fucking SJWs! People won't accept this! It will be worse than the prequels and a total flop!"
>Trailer drops. Record pre-sales, screenings booked out months in advance. Hype incredibly high.
>"I-i-t'll still be a flop! Guaranteed to be shit! Phantom Menace sold well too before people realised it was shit! N-nigger character!"
>TFA releases. 5 star reviews, record opening day. People love based Johnny B's performance, and he's very well received.
>"o-ok it might not be as bad as we thought, but it's still not going to beat Jurassic World! Disney are finished!"
>Beats Jurassic World, despite being released in off-season and no Chinese release.
>"J-just wait until based RLM eviscerates it for being A New Hope ripoff in a Mr Plinkett review! You'll f-fucking see then Starfags!"
>Mike loves it. RLM approve and think it has saved the Star Wars franchise from the prequels.
>"FUCKING SHIT FILM, MARY SUE JEW SHIT. PREQUEL LOVE THREAD. WHO FUCKING LOVES ATTACK OF THE CLONES? I DO. REVENGE OF THE SITH WAS BETTER THAN ROTJ. BASED GEORGE LUCAS. WELL AT LEAST TFA WON'T BEAT AVATAR, I FUCKING SWEAR TO GOD PLEASE."

The mouthbreathing basement dwellers who strive to be contrarian have been backed into a corner really, they started so verbose. So confident that the film would be a flop, not break any records and would be panned by critics. Slowly as TFA has BTFO them on every conceivable level, they've been reduced to adopting some bizarre cult-like contrarian attitude to the prequels, proclaiming them as underrated gems, and trying to push some kind of narrative where if TFA doesn't beat Avatar, it's somehow failed, despite already being a record breaking movie and saving Star Wars.
>>
>>64120312
Well was it by democracy or force? It's been a minute since I saw the prequels. The Jedi weren't committing a coupe, were they?
>>
>>64120217

so can killing Jedi younglings.

>>64120272

>one is using democracy to gain power.

Is that what you call a coup and the imposition of martial law?

Honestly, if Anakin hadn't stopped Mace, the Jedi Order would have probably changed eventually as they found themselves in a position where they had to "ensure a peaceful transition" by taking power away from the Senate for themselves just as Sheev was doing.
>>
File: 1447573920564.jpg (118 KB, 680x576) Image search: [Google]
1447573920564.jpg
118 KB, 680x576
from my point of view

/tv/ is always right
>>
>>64119744
That's bad writing, Anon, I agree, but at least it's fucking trying. Here's TFA in comparision:

>Kylo Ren spends a few minutes trashing a random computer in a tantrum
>Turns to his terrified subordinate and asks "Anything else?"

This right here is a line intended for nothing but comedy. It's not something the character would think and repsond with naturally -- it's not a sentence that a human being would come up with after acting like a little child.

Lucas may have been flawed in his presentation of real people, but he didn't give us the Punch & Judy shtick of Adams.
>>
>>64120454
A-are the Jedi actually the bad guys in Star Wars!?
>>
>>64120451

I cannot believe people are going bonkers over this movie like it’s a revival of the fallen Star Wars franchise. It’s a brainless muh actionfest that never slows down long enough to create a decent story, or character development, or a feeling of suspense or intrigue; it’s just non-stop bullshit that jumps from one thing to the next with the occasional desperate fan service tossed in. It poorly copies IV and is a lifeless, uninspired husk of a movie. Disney has basically admitted that Star Wars is one giant cash-grab that they are going to run into the ground. They tossed Lucas' ideas for eps 7-9, and tossed out the Extended Universe to make their own overly bloated and convoluted one which they'll be whoring out with new spinoff movies every year in a Marvel-esque manner without having done research on the original eps. The movie is completely void of any originality or feeling of life, as it barrels from one dull over-done action scene to the next, with none of them even lasting long enough to feel satisfied and no build-up to give them weight or significance. They barely let the characters get a sentence in before it’s onto the next BIG ACTION SEQUENCE that then ends too soon in favor of moving onto the next meaningless one. The movie appears made for the A.D.D. retarded movie-goers and is indicative of everything wrong with JJ Abrams' filmmaking and Disney's thoughtless approach to the franchise. I literally hate it so much that it actually makes me like the fucking prequels more, which at least had okay stories and intriguing ideas hidden behind their shitty dialogue and Hayden Christensen's repulsive acting. This movie is nothing but shitty fan fiction that got a huge budget, and is the absolute death of the Star Wars franchise for me. Fuck this overblown, overrated, overhyped A.D.D. shitfest. You are literally fucking retarded if you think it’s good.

I can copypasta too.
>>
>>64120534
"Anything else" made perfect sense, and articulated Ren's instability really well. Going from extreme anger to inappropriate lightness is something psychos and autists would do. The comedy also gave the film a lightheartedness that's been missing from the series since A New Hope.
>>
File: 1428054320308.png (731 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1428054320308.png
731 KB, 499x499
>>64120649
>I can copypasta too.
>>
>>64120670
you wont stop defending the movie? how big is your disney payroll?
>>
>>64119951
I agree.
>>
>>64120649
Kylo Ren gets more character development in one film than Vader gets in three.
>>
Can we all agree that the X-Wing battle in TFA was worse than anything Lucas ever did? It was just CGI fuckery filling the screen for the obligatory huge epic battle. It was basically what Rick was talking about when he said its so dense.
>>
It was nothing to do with it being popular. Just look at Creed, /tv/ and the normies liked it.

Star Wars was disappointing whether or not people admit it.
>>
>>64120670
Yeah haha that is so like Darth Vader in ANH

Hehe
>>
>>64120534
That's more human than anything that left Anakin's lips in the prequels
>>
File: awkward gay shit acting.gif (2 MB, 500x220) Image search: [Google]
awkward gay shit acting.gif
2 MB, 500x220
>>64119744
And what's so bad about this line?

People like you make me love the prequels. I don't want to homogenize with you.

The prequels had many great things anyway. A guy who actually has motives and reasons to join the dark side and doesn't throw comic relief tantrums, 10/10 OST, Star Wars feel, Jedi chemistry, Yoda, Dooku, Samuel L. Jackson.
>>
>>64120632

It's more accurate to call them the greater good than the "good guys".

Also, at least in the Expanded Universe, the Jedi had once seized direct control of the Republic about a thousand years prior to TPM in order to meet the Sith threat and it didn't turn out so good, and Sheev was feeding on the paranoia and general anti-Jedi sentiment that had always existed since that time.
>>
>/tv/ suddenly forgets that George has been fucking with the original trilogy for 20 years now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNbzSH84mj0
>>
>>64120779
I don't see how that's a party
>>
>>64120010
Good writing = quips

Everyone knows this.
>>
>>64120719
Are people like you actually just trolling? He has no character. There is nothing.
>>
>>64120719

character development doesn't mean anything if the character is garbage.
>>
>>64120819

While I have the original versions on tape, I prefer to watch the 1997 edition if I marathon the saga.

And while people bitch and moan about Lucas and ILM changing things, it was kind of a necessary evil.

The only think I ever held against Lucas was that he didn't make the original theatrical versions more readily available for those who wanted them.
>>
File: 1450910815454.jpg (299 KB, 688x1000) Image search: [Google]
1450910815454.jpg
299 KB, 688x1000
>>64120719
everything about him is pointless and bad, though?

it makes no sense the potato adores vader, luke definitely told him he was actually a good guy and even beacme a force ghost. they fucking burnt his corpse because he was a good guy, everyone knew it at this point.

he has absolutely no motivations and reasons to join the dark side so far and it's doubtful this will change. meanwhile anakin had great reasons to join the dark side.

it makes no sense rey is suddenly this good. 30 minutes earlier ren easily wrecked her. then he can't beat her anymore and she goes from not knowing what the force is to as strong as Luke in VI.

it's makes no sense how deformed vader's helmet is. wood fire doesn't do this.

it's retarded ren freezes plasma shots. they are supposed to be deflected with the sword, this was lucas' vision. if jedi can easily freeze them, there is no reason for not just using regular bullets which are faster and more leathal anyway. now the only reason would be "but plasma looks cooler" which of course is a terrible reason from a world building perspective.

killing off the only charismatic actor.

nostalgia pandering.

all new actors look like potatoes and are literally physically retarded. girl has this alcohol syndrome thingy, guy looks like a potato, black guy looks ugly. old actors are the only reedeming factors but look like they are straight outta rehab. green screen and dreamworks cgi everywhere.

that spic guy was terrible and acted awkwardly gay. absolutely unnatural and over the top. the hug was retarded but then making compliments on top of that for 20 minutes was just terrible writing.

ren felt han solo just landed on the planet but doesn't feel his aura when he's right behind him sneaking around.

his death was terribly directed and written. literally all main characters show up right in time when han solo is about to face ren, made his death too predictable.

and a lot more.
>>
>>64120632
the entire jedi backstory is tainted by people watching the original trilogy and wanting them to be like the star trek federation for role playing purposes its sickening.
>>
>>64120761
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKMV2WXLNgk

This is that TFA attempts, and mostly succeeds at.
>>
>>64120934
>he has absolutely no motivations and reasons to join the dark side so far and it's doubtful this will change. meanwhile anakin had great reasons to join the dark side.
It took 5 films for that motivation to be revealed, while you're complaining that Ren's motivation isn't completely revealed in one.
>>
This is not a bad line at all. It's obvious that he is still very confused and parrots what he head from Palpatine in a desperate attempt to justify his horrid actions.
>>
>>64120939

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Wasn't the Federation in the original Trek like supposed to be perfect?
>>
>>64119864
https://youtu.be/lqTilCyRyvc
>>
>>64120809
>A guy who actually has motives and reasons to join the dark side and doesn't throw comic relief tantrums,
Right because some guy once told him someone he knew possibly figured out a way to prevent a vision he had from occuring, so now he's gonna murder a bunch of children, and when that turns out to be an obvious lie ofc he's gonna continue serving him.
10/10 characterization family
>>
File: 1444819887891.png (967 KB, 1096x672) Image search: [Google]
1444819887891.png
967 KB, 1096x672
When will this "ironically liking the prequels" meme end?
>>
>>64120934
>another death star
>blows up a solar system no one has any idea about
>billions if not trillions die, and they fade out the shitty music and cut to rey because she's what's important
>she probably never even found out
>>
>>64121037

Keep in mind that Anakin is only like twenty three in ROTS. You're supposed to get some sense of a young man being manipulated by some creepy pervert to do things he otherwise in good conscience wouldn't do. Sheev could have anally penetrated him and he might have found some way to justify it.

>>64121104
>Right because some guy once told him someone he knew possibly figured out a way to prevent a vision he had from occuring, so now he's gonna murder a bunch of children, and when that turns out to be an obvious lie ofc he's gonna continue serving him.

It's more like Anakin had a vision like one he had before which DID come true and thought that the dark side might give him the power to prevent it from happening, only for it to happen because he turned to the darkside. Anakin stuck with Sheev because he hoped to one day kill him and make him pay for what Sheev did to him. Anakin hated Sheev and Sheev didn't mind cause he could use that hatred.

Which is funny cause the same shit happened with Sheev and Plagueis.
>>
>>64119944
Source?
>>
>>64121191
As opposed to Luke looking like he had a stomach ache when he found the burnt skeletons of the people who raised him, or Leia looking like someone ate the last pink Starburst when her entire planet was blown up. This is a problem inherent to the series.
>>
File: 1450819032930.jpg (310 KB, 1232x888) Image search: [Google]
1450819032930.jpg
310 KB, 1232x888
>>64119944
>>
File: that 10 out of 10 casting.png (328 KB, 748x491) Image search: [Google]
that 10 out of 10 casting.png
328 KB, 748x491
>>64121024
It's not like the first three movies wanted us to know why Vader joined the dark side. He was already corrupted for 50 years. In 7 we see someone just getting seduced and there is not one single reason or reasonable motivation why he would even go this route. That's something you let the audience know before killing off the own father.

>>64121104
You shouldn't play down visions in Star Wars, especially when defending 7. His motivation to join the dark side was Padme, his mental issues due to the sand people massacre, the fact he actually had a pathetic life and never got the respect and discretionary he deserves. Jedi were not allowed to do that, Jedi were not allowed to do this.

When he killed the younglings, he was already all corrupted.

In 7 we basically see Ren do similar stuff and go through a similar phase except he already is on the dark side which is retarded.
>>
>>64121392
>In 7 we see someone just getting seduced and there is not one single reason or reasonable motivation why he would even go this route.
The seduction occurred before the movie began. This isn't an Episode III situation, where Kylo has an arc that takes him to the dark side. This is very much like Vader in episode IV, but this hints of his past sprinkled throughout.
>>
>>64120453

That was their intention.

At least they were going to execute Sheev right there then assume emergency power.

In all likelihood Sheev's supporters would have resisted their attempts and there could have been something of a war or struggle.
>>
>>64121392
>When he killed the younglings, he was already all corrupted.
It's interesting how that took him about five minutes to go totally corrupted.
Also I'm not downplaying anything, I'm calling attention to how insanely tenuous was his reason to do a complete heel-turn and start butchering innocents when earlier in the movie he was motivated to defend them.
>>
>>64121345
>Luke showed loyalty to his family and guilt once they were out of the picture, and then tells Obi-Wan that he wants to help if he can
>Leia expresses her feelings about her home planet through words and actual acting and we can infer what the rest of the scene looked like even though it's cut once the planet explodes
>Obi-Wan senses what happened to Alderaan and says: "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced"
>TFA plays some sad music and Rey NEVER EVEN FUCKING SENSES IT OR FINDS OUT
>>
>>64119925
>>64119744
>>64120065
>>64120123
>>64120158
>>64120204
>>64120236
Alright, time for you faggots to learn and end this star war

http://youtu.be/-2BNdF_NCVQ
>>
>>64121297
the prequels make more sense the more I think about it
>>
>>64121520

Killing Windu, forgoing all chances of reconciliation with the Jedi order, pledging fealty to a very powerful Sith Lord, then completing the transition to Dark Side powertrip intoxication.
>>
File: ahhhafaggot.png (33 KB, 284x247) Image search: [Google]
ahhhafaggot.png
33 KB, 284x247
>>64119780

the way /tv/ mutates to be contrarian is the funniest thing I have ever seen.
>>
File: Imperialknights.jpg (187 KB, 477x651) Image search: [Google]
Imperialknights.jpg
187 KB, 477x651
>>64121490
>In all likelihood Sheev's supporters would have resisted their attempts and there could have been something of a war or struggle.

Exactly, the Jedi would have found themselves in a position where they were faced by and large with all the temptations of worldly rule and power and met with such opposition that they would have probably to do things like establish a structure much like the Empire's.

Ultimately the Republic was going to fall and an "empire" which a much less democratic system of government was going to take its place. The question was simply whether the Jedi would take over or the Sith. Who knows maybe eventually the Jedi would have dropped the pretense of things beings a Republic and just put installed their own Jedi emperor and imperial guard like the ones Star Wars: Legacy
>>
>>64120012
Yeah invading Japan would have resulted in a lot fewer deaths
>>
>>64120934
>ren felt han solo just landed on the planet but doesn't feel his aura when he's right behind him sneaking around.
he clearly does you idiot that's why he's down there in the first place
>>
>>64121540
>>TFA plays some sad music and Rey NEVER EVEN FUCKING SENSES IT OR FINDS OUT
Rey also isn't Obi-Wan Kenobi. Luke didn't sense it.
>>
>>64121663
Less dead japanese civilians, but who cares about those, right?
>>
I don't get shitting on the prequels

The fucking OT is just as bad, ewoks, God armor for all named characters, stormtroopers become retards around main cast, storm troopers can be mind controlled because "muh good side are smart bad guys stupid"

There's a few good scenes in the OT and a few good scenes in the pt

Star Wars were never meant to be good movies, they're meant to be muh childhood wonders like Harry Potter
>>
>>64120117
why do redditors come on here for a year and think they can speak about the board
>>
>>64121932

You don't know that.

Bombing runs would still have been a necessity to soften Japanese formations and installations, which were firmly nested around civilian zones.

Also, the firebombing of Tokyo was way more damaging, there would have been a lot more of that without the nuclear bombs finally forcing some sense into those brainwashed idiots.
>>
File: 1449786473084.jpg (41 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1449786473084.jpg
41 KB, 480x360
>>64121663

So did killing the Jedi actually. Had enough Jedi survived the purge and enough of the CIS leaders survived, the Jedi may have even worked out a deal with them to fight against the Republic/Empire.
>>
>>64121884
You're right, she's above and beyond both Luke and Obi-Wan's abilities. She can pull Jedi mind tricks out of her ass, block mental interrogation, and Force pull light sabers no problem, it's just sensing a disturbance that's out of her league. And her never finding out about it is acceptable writing. But hey, we got to see huge awesome explosions! Thanks JJ!
>>
>>64121540
>the parents who raised him are burnt to the bone, and he just stares at them like he burned the popcorn in the microwave

>Ben the old hermit he barely knows that he goes on one little adventure with for less than 6 hours dies and he's depressed for the rest of the movie

The OT is just as bad, obi wan and harrison are the only actors on set
>>
>>64121348
Source, family?
>>
File: 1450161642523.gif (2 MB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
1450161642523.gif
2 MB, 350x300
>>64119744
the only reason the "prequels are good" meme really kicked off is because whoever started it knew that /tv/ is hopelessly contrarian, and tries to have the polar opposite of reddit's opinion on movies whenever possible. the only problem with this is that the redditors that come here are now actually starting to believe the meme

/tv/ will start saying the force awakens was a good movie once episode viii comes out

tfa and the prequel trilogy are all mediocre to awful movies
>>
>>64122042
>Luke was already planning to leave for the academy, and his self-centered uncle wanted to keep Luke on the farm for another harvest, and wouldn't tell him about his father or extend a hand to an old man out in the desert whose stolen property they might have
>Obi-Wan is already teaching Luke the ways of a Jedi, to let go of his attachment and feelings because if he were there to help them he would have just been killed and the droids would be in the hands of the Empire, which Luke personally said he hates
>Rey has no motivation, altruism, challenges, or backstory in the entire fucking movie
>>
>>64120534
"I hate sand"
-Anakin Skywalker
>>
>"We need to do a bombing run on the oscillator!" (or whatever)
>Not a single fucking Y-Wing in sight
>>
>>64120684
Kek
>>
>>64120934
someone give this guy a cigar. well said.
>>
>People are starting to believe the "prequels are good now because TFA is basically loved by everyone" meme.
Kek, never change /tv/
>>
>>64121348
honestly, his first point is okay but it also invalidates the 2nd point. also, did anyone tell him that you he can use theatrical acting but that doesn't mean it has to also be shit?
>>
>>64122305
you got it wrong pal, the prequels are indeed crap but still better than this steaming pile of shit.
>>
>>64122380
Any chance of you willing to say that irl? i need a good laugh. Can i record it too?
>>
>>64122448
hello reddit
>>
>>64122448
if you host me an AMA on reddit, sure.
>>
This prequels are great contrarian meme is pure comedy gold. Keep it coming tv. You could even usurp FOR YOU as a meme.
>>
>>64122121
Based post
>>
>>64119930

and yet it's quoted (often unironically) all the time.

face it, prequels have something memorable that draws people to them
>>
>>64122499
>>64122603
Lol, so thinking the prequels are shit is reddit?
Kek. Keep shilling
>>
>>64122024
She was trained beforehand. The film drops hints throughout
>>
>>64121568

>"Are you going to kill me?"
>"I WOULD CERTAINLY LIKE TO!"

>"I am more powerful than the Chancellor, I can overthrow him! And together you and I can rule the galaxy, make things the way we want them to be!"

>"You can destroy the Emperor. He has foreseen it. Join me. With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy!"

Sidious took advantage of Anakin in a moment of weakness,anger and guilt and took his whole life from him. He pushed Anakin to betray his friends and mentors with vague promises that he would be able to keep the things he cherished most, but really Sidious's plan was to rob him of everything and make him a tool, a tool which he would have no problem replacing if he could find a replacement. If Anakin could have become emperor himself and ruled alongside Padme's children by getting rid of Sheev, he would have done it.
>>
>>64122751
you, sir, are and idiot.
>>
>>64119780
This
>>64119744
>>64119945
>>64121606
Hating the prequels is a shitty reddit tier meme get btfo bazinga poserkin it's not the year 2000 anymore Jew Jew is shit and VII is one of the worst movies I've ever seen get absolutely 100% fucked.
>>
>>64122348

Have you ever seen some of the acting in movies and serials from the 1930's-50's, especially the kind of scifi and horror that Lucas loved? A lot of it is atrocious by today's standards. Watch the original Dracula and try not to laugh at some of the acting in that shit.

Lucas probably was going for a more over the top soap opera style like the kinds of things he used to watch as a kid moreso than he was going for any style like those which normally make the Academy Awards. Heck, he found Hayden due to the kid's work on angst filled Canadian tv dramas. That should have told somebody something.
>>
>>64121297
P O E T R Y
O
E
T
R
Y
>>
>>64119744
Comparatively they were. If you didn't slap the star wars label on them, they may be liked more
Thread replies: 123
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.