[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>pleb near me implies it wasn't all in his head
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 1451113570774.png (132 KB, 385x314) Image search: [Google]
1451113570774.png
132 KB, 385x314
>pleb near me implies it wasn't all in his head
>>
>>64119019
>pleb near me doesn't get dubs
>>
>>64119019
It depends on what form of media you are talking about. The movie, it's pretty clear it's all in his head, albeit unintentionally so. The book however, it was not.
>>
File: americanpsycho2.jpg (15 KB, 430x320) Image search: [Google]
americanpsycho2.jpg
15 KB, 430x320
>>64119060
rolling for dubs
>>
>>64119125

It's the other way around dipshit
>>
Check
>>
>>64119176
Offby wan kenobi
>>
>>64119019
Does it matter either way? He clearly was living in a world where it's impossible to really affect anything, and without consequences.
>>
File: 1450096749390.jpg (178 KB, 850x831) Image search: [Google]
1450096749390.jpg
178 KB, 850x831
>>64119161
>Feed me a stray cat
>disappearing blood trail when he's dragging the body out the front door
>the car exploding in a single shot.

>Bret Easton Ellis came out and said that while the book was left ambiguous, it was still somewhat clear that he actually committed the murders as the whole point of the book was a commentary on the shallow superficial nature of yuppie culture and if it was all in his head, well it losses it's whole point.
>>
>>64119493
>Feed me a stray cat
>the car exploding in a single shot.

Both in the book

BEE also has contradicted himself several times when asked if the murders were real or not, I've read that he said the murders were real but happened differently than described in the book

Also the book has several interpersed chapters where Bateman has nervous breakdowns or can't even make one coherent thought that get worse as the book goes on or him taking shitloads of pills while in the movie it's only brought up quickly towards the end that he's just making shit up. One count also argue that the gore is so grisly and over the top compared to the movie it's supposed to be unrealistic and show his state of mind
>>
>>64119019
You should read the book if you have any doubt.
>>
digits
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.