[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 7
File: sicario_ver8_xlg.jpg (504 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
sicario_ver8_xlg.jpg
504 KB, 1000x1500
Thoughts?
>>
Boring uninspired muh gubment conspiracy shit
>>
>>64115170
MOTY
>>
Time to meet God.

Villeneuve is fucking based.
>>
>>64115170
8/10
Very good characters.
>>
Movie of The Year so far.
I still gotta watch Tarantino's new movie and The Revenant though
>>
del Toro's best movie
>>
>>64115312
>not Fear and Loathing
>>
>>64115170
flop

had a few decent scenes tho
>>
>>64115328
I didn't like his gonzo that much desu
>>
Whats the screener torrent name lads?
>>
>>64115170
So fucking dissapointing. Villeneuve has great talent for creating suspense, but gets lost in action and his best directing feat consists of letting his cinematographer do the location filming. I think Sicario is the most poorly written film I've seen since Prometheus. At least Counselor didn't pretend its outbursts of prose were grounded in reality. This movie thrives on creating ludicrous plot resolution in order to fit in punchlines. I bet the fucker that wrote this envisioned the dinner scene and went ass backwards from there. It's like a fucking video game plot. Del Toro's arrival at the big baddie house was the most retarded movie sequence I've seen since Prometheus xenobiologist demonstration.

No Country > Counselor > Sicario
>>
File: 1450646781284.webm (3 MB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
1450646781284.webm
3 MB, 1920x800
qtpie
>>
People are going to make fun of this, but I legitimately found it chilling and eye opening. It took a hard look a giant elephant in the room and didn't pull any punches.

With that said, like most oscarbait films of this type it's ultimately forgettable. In a year's time no one will be talking about it, and in five year's time hardly anyone will remember it.
>>
>>64116826
those blood effects are terrible
>>
>>64116885
Worst thing is the coordination of combat sequences, the choreography. Like in that tunnel sequence, Blunt comes trailing by the guys already set up and engaged in a firefight, and she almost gets killed from the side DESPITE those spec-ops guys already being completely entrenched in that area. And then comes Del Toro with his magic gun that's so precise the combat needs not even be shown.

24 has better combat.
>>
>>64116942

And yet none of this is a flaw because movies are judged based on quality of filmmaking and characters, not pandering to half retarded brain dead /k/ posters.
>>
>>64117091
I'm sorry, I didn't know the criteria for judging movies is 'filmmaking' which is somehow immune for bad characterisation and befuddled mise-en-scene topped off with a strawman.
>>
>>64115170
absolutely loved every second of it
>that soundtrack
>that driving scene
>tunnel
>del torro giving no fucks
best movie of the year
>>
>>64115170
8/10
misdirected plot but well acted and directed, enough tension to keep you interested but not enough for a rewatch.
>>
>>64117091
lol try harder
>>
>>64116942
when he killed those 3 guards within half a second at the end I immediately thought of that tagging function in splinter cell
>>
File: PoI - rustling k's jimmies.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
PoI - rustling k's jimmies.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>64117091
>the greatest action sequence ever
>>
>>64115170
>Thoughts?

I don't understand why they didn't just bring her up on treason charges and/or 'disappear' her for
threatening to go public about a highly secret, and fully legal, CIA/Spec-Ops operation.
>>
>>64115170
Marathoning it right now
>>
>>64117789
>fully legal
OH DEAR DONT EXPOSE EXPOSE MY FULLY SEKRIT AND FULLY LEGAL OPERATIONS PLS NO
>>
>>64117737
Their aiming is more realistic than Del Toro's. I also love the scene by the beginning when Blunt gets missed by a cloud of buckshot at point blank range.
>>
>>64117843
>missed by a cloud of buckshot
literally walked out at this point
>>
>>64117737
The only thing that would make this better is 10000 bad guys dropping dead
>>
>>64115328
>not Way of the Gun
>>
I didn't like it because it didn't have a single superhero in it. What the fuck is the point in a movie without any superheroes?
>>
>>64115170
Loved it desu, even though it's somewhat forgettable.

The diving scene was fantastic though. One of the best in a long while.
>>
>>64118006
and no meme references!
>>
downloading it as we speak
we'll see how good this actually is...even though it looks boring as fuck
>>
>>64118084
Yeah, it had some nice suspense until it tried too hard with chopped bodies hanging like hams.
>>
>>64118269
>There is at least a 20 minute gap in between one action scene and another
>There are scenes of literally nothing but people talking
>Not one person is a superhero

Don't waste your time mate it's boring as fuck, Antman's pretty great though mate
>>
>>64118362
http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2012/05/nine-bodies-found-hanging-off-nuevo.html
>>
>>64118373
Goes to show how stupid you are.
>>
>>64117843
It was birdshot
>>
>>64118399
I'm sure you cannot overstate cartel's violence, I'm saying that it ruined suspense with extreme gore.
>>
>>64118362
Not sure how to tell you this but that's what happens in mexico.
Fairly often.
>>
piece of shit film .. 4/10
>>
amazing visuals and music

plot was a little erratic IMO but overall it's a very solid good movie
>>
>>64115328
>not Traffic
>>
>>64118487
The goriest parts were at the beginning. The hanging bodies were pretty tame.
I don't have a normal perspective on these things though, the bodies at the start was pretty funny. "THEY'RE IN THE WALLS"
My sides.
>>
>Emily Blunt getting upset because "They were just using me!"
Most retarded thing I've ever heard.
An FBI agent getting upset because another law enforcement agent used me to apprehend a drug cartel? That's the whole fucking point. That's what FBI agents are supposed to be used for. What the fuck did she expect?
>>
>>64118575
>apprehend a drug cartel?
Did you watch the movie? If it was apprehending she wouldn't be so wound up about it. She's upset that she facilitated an execution.
>>
>>64118572
That's another example of bad writing. If you show bodies in walls, explain why would they stash them there rather than dissolving them in acid or burying them in the desert. Was it supposed to be shocking? I've noticed that Villeneuve does all this edgy shit trying hard to look smart, like the scene with Christian terrorists in Incendies.

>I bet you didn't expect these guys would be Christians!
>>
>>64118629
She hadn't realized they were trying to empower the Colombians at that point. It was before the tunnel raid
>>
The problem with Villeneuve is that he handles dogshit scripts written by nobodies

He's essentially a second rate Fincher at that
>>
>>64118629
She's the most upset operator I've ever seen and her gay nigger buddy wouldn't pass boot camp with that attitude.

Also, how and why did she gauge that Del Toro is doing something shady when she exited the tunnel and pointed her gun at him? Did she have premonition powers? How did anything he did before not fall in line with what he was doing at that exact moment?
>>
>>64118687
>how and why did she gauge that Del Toro is doing something shady when she exited the tunnel and pointed her gun at him?
Yeah that stood out to me too.
Seems like something got cut out and no-one noticed.
>>
>>64118715
Thing is, what he was doing was completely in line with what she did know before and agreed to participate in. Did she think she was going into Mexico with Black Ops team to play by the book? I do think Prometheus was better written than Sicario, fucking hell. I've noticed plebs often conflate good acting with good script.
>>
OPERATOR
P
E
R
A
T
O
R
>>
I can't really imagine anyone disliking Sicario. Maybe we're getting trolled by assblased star wars fanboys
>>
>>64115170
Looks good, but its not out on video, so I've not yet seen it.
>>
>>64119868
You seem to be suffering from extreme case of hugbox.
>>
>>64119868
this.
>>
>>64115188
and here come the plebs
>>
>>64115352

lol

>>64116759
>putting the counselor before Sicario

are you blind or retarded son? which one?

>>64118373
>Antman over Sicario.
spotted the 15 year old

>>64118508
>PLEB

>>64119977
can't criticize your taste for you have no tatse
>>
>>64115328
>not Pan's Labyrinth
>>
>>64118631
>I do think Prometheus was better written than Sicario, fucking hell.
What a fucking moron you are then.
>>
>>64121892
You sure showed me.
>>
>>64122064
I'm actually shocked how retarded a living person could be. I suggest you to kill yourself and make the world a better place.
>>
I need to rewatch this. I was looking it up on imdb and apparently Jeffery Donovan and Zero Wolf from Apocalypto were both in it and I have no idea who they were
>>
>>64122482
Calm down sperg.
>>
File: THE LAST THING YOU SEE.jpg (71 KB, 465x573) Image search: [Google]
THE LAST THING YOU SEE.jpg
71 KB, 465x573
>>64122593
>>
wtf is up with all the sicario threads? there's been one everyday for the past week atleast.
>>
In Mexico, what does sicario mean?
>>
I came buckets during the scene where they were entering juarez
>>
>>64122966
"hitman"
>>
>>64122966
big guy
>>
>>64122966
Hitman for the cartels
>>
File: disgust.jpg (249 KB, 1910x1000) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
249 KB, 1910x1000
ITT:
>capeshit b8itng
>plebs
>nitpicky faggots
>/k/ imbecils

Holy shit, this is the most /tv/ /tv/ has been in a long time. Any cunnyshit?
>>
>by the book cop who never realizes that not going by the book is sometimes the best option
>>
So why did they send Mexioperator in the end to get a paper signed?
>>
>>64115170
The tension in the scene where they are in the traffic jam was absolutely amazing
towards the end it became slightly boring and felt like they rushed it too much

If it wasn't for Narcos having coming out this year, it would have made an amazing mini-series
>>
>>64123280
Cops are trained and drilled to follow procedure, she was never trained to do spoopy shit and was being kept in the dark all the time which further strained whatever professional relationship they had.

Should have listened to her black partner and just fucked off when she discovered the truth.
>>
>Del Toro kills 3 people in half a second TWICE
>>
>>64122966
Watch the flick, that's literally the first they say in the movie is what Sicaro means.
>>
>>64118575
She was chucked in with the CIA with no briefing on what she would actually do.

If they just told her that she's just tagging along just in case just like when they briefed the DEA marshals before Juarez she'd be fine with it.
>>
Movie goes downhill after the Juarez scene, but it's still good. I think having previous knowledge about CIA activities with cartels ruined the "reveal" for me, though.
>>
>>64119868
This
>>
>>64123286
in case the girl refused to sign it, so they have the sicario right there to kill her and make it look like it was a suicide.
>>
I loved it.
>>
i went on /k/ and they seem to like this movie. what are you guys talking about?
>>
>>64122955
the torrent came out earlier this week. would you rather have more star wars threads?
>>
>>64115188
Go back to your Star Wars threads.
>>
>>64124473
I dislike Star Wars as well. Pretty much a contrarian in nature, and I also have pretty great taste. Persona is my favourite movie, with Werckmeister Harmonies the best film (but not my favourite), and Chungking Express a good flick, although I hate it as well.
>>
File: 1448941218998.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1448941218998.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>64117091

>believablity not part of storytelling and filmmaking for stories rooted in reality
>>
>>64124973

Lel
>SWAT operator Emily Blunt with nigger sidekick.
You should have all stopped watching at this point.
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.