[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come Kylo was skilled enough to stop a laser blast in mid-air
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 5
File: kyle ren.jpg (48 KB, 640x379) Image search: [Google]
kyle ren.jpg
48 KB, 640x379
How come Kylo was skilled enough to stop a laser blast in mid-air and keep it there while he was doing other things, but not skilled enough to make a lightsaber come to his hand?
>>
>>64114561
He was competing against a mary sue
>>
>>64114561
Because Rey was trying to pull the lightsaber to her at the same time which caused a conflict, Rey's force was stronger so she won and it flew to her

In other words, JJ is a hack
>>
He was weaker in the force after killing Han, and probably used some of it to prevent his guts from leaking out
>>
>>64114561
He got shot in the gut by a small cannon

Mary Sue argument does work more with his mental overpowerment
>>
>>64114561
he was heavily injured (?)
the real question is why people who got hit by lightsabers didn't die (except han)
>>
>>64114561
The lightsaber was infused with light side force energy and he was unable to manipulate it.
It had already chosen rey.
>>
This

>>64114649
>>64114708

My only issue with Rey is how did she know how to do Jedi mind tricks when not even believing in the force till recent?

Unless she picked a lot of that out of Kylos mind. In which case why not mind trick people into saying what he wants...
>>
>thinks killing dad would make him stronger
>it doesn't
>he just feels like shit
>some stupid cunt beats him after she closes her eyes for 20 seconds
>walking carpet shoots him with a fucking space magnum in the gut

Poor dude
>>
>>64114814

Hes that kid who's lost control of his life because he thought joining a gang would make him badass.
>>
>>64114752
I can accept that Mind Reading is maybe a two way street and that Kylo has insecurities that someone could exploit to block him. The problem is that this was literally Rey's FIRST use of the force. If it had happened at some later point it would have been completely acceptable.
>>
>>64114938

I don't disagree but it's possible they'll show she was actually trained in the force prior to the movie
>>
>>64115095
Maybe, but I can't imagine being that great as when she looked like a 6-10 year old. I think the implication is she's just from the Anakin-Luke line of Jedi so is just very powerful.
>>
>>64114649
again, doesn't mean it's good writing to have your little girl beat a trained sith because muh injury.
>>
>>64114752

people like you are why directors like chris nolan literally have their characters say what they are thinking aloud. It's clear that Rey believes in the force and stories from the first trilogy and finn thinks they are a joke from incidental dialogue and how the characters behave. you are literally retarded
>>
>>64114708
Pain only makes a Sith stronger. That's why he was also hitting himself.
>>
>Thinks killing his dad will instantly double his power with the dark side

>Doesn't, ends actually becoming weaker thanks in no small part to getting shot in the stomach with the SW equalivent of an anti-materiel rifle.
>>
>>64115682
she didnt really beat him because he wasnt trying to kill her
>>
>>64115850

Did we watch the same movie? Because I recall her saying she thought it was all myths but I could remember incorrectly and the alien bitch basically had to tell her what she was feeling.

Either way she wanted nothing to do with. It.Tho honestly you are just being super autistic since my question still remains if she believed in it or not.

She was not exposed to any form of Jedi mind trick other than Kylo reading her mind. But I am retarded so what so do I know compared the retard who thinks he's better at watching things move on a screen than me.
>>
>>64115450
Listen man if Anakin can build a fully functioning gay robot when he was six then Rey could master some basic force trick under Luke's instruction
>>
>>64114561
her lightsaber
>>
>>64114746
Yeah I got this impression too, that the saber didn't want to answer his call.
>>
Easier to make something already moving stop than to cause something that isn't moving to start.
>>
>>64116027
Well at least you realize you're retarded.
>>
>>64116168

I think it's safe to say we both came to realize that.
>>
How the fuck did a girl who had been a jedi for half a day beat a sith/whatever who had been trained his entire life, partly by Luke and who apparently also killed a bunch of other jedis also trained by luke???

Sure he was injured but come on. Also how did he not just completely destroy finn?? He was able to fling rey 30 feet into a tree literally seconds before he started sword fighting some random ass dude with no prior training??
>>
>>64114752
Stormtroopers are supposed to be weak-willed, if that makes it better
>>
Cuz Rey is a _ _ _ _ _ _ _
>>
>>64114561
Better question was how was he unable to stop that bow caster being fired at him when we saw he could do the same exact thing in the beginning of the film? He wasn't expecting either one, but could stop one but not the other?
>>
>>64116145
No, it isn't you mong. Trying to stop something coming towards you takes more effort than pulling something that's already stationary.
>>
He did make it fly to his hand.

Rey made it keep flying past it.
>>
>>64117147
Assuming the same rate of acceleration, they require equal amounts of force (not the be confused with The Forceâ„¢)
>>
>>64114561
Luke's saber doesn't like him
>>64117119
He was distracted by commiting patricide
>>
>>64116124
Since when do lightsabers answer to people's' calls? That's some fucking Deus Ex Machina shit right there.

I know Luke used the force to pull the light saber in order to cut himself free of the ice in ESB, but still.
>>
>>64116973
He wasn't trying to kill Rey and he probably would have offed Finn, but he was preoccupied with getting Anakin's lightsaber. Basically Ren lost to the power of fanboyism.
>>
>>64117366
I believe that objects in contact with the force often become some kind of "force relic" and have some affinity with the force or something?

I'm pretty sure I've heard this before, like the tree at the jedi temple or whatever. So it's not too far fetched for me to believe that the lightsaber itself was resisting Kylo.
>>
>>64114561
>but not skilled enough to make a lightsaber come to his hand?
rey was force pulling it
>>
File: You-Insufferable-Cunt.jpg (1 MB, 1952x3264) Image search: [Google]
You-Insufferable-Cunt.jpg
1 MB, 1952x3264
>>64114598
>JJ is a hack
>I'll go see every fucking film he's involved with until I inevitably die of a quadruple nacho cheese heart attack alone on the floor of my Mom's piss saturated toilet floor
>>
>>64115985
thats only extended universe/prequel stuff. this movie is just trying to be simple space wizards with laser swords like the originals. he wasn't powering up or anything dumb like that, the shot immediately goes to him leaking blood down his leg after he hits it showing hes severely injured and is holding out
>>
>>64115682
He's not a Sith you fucking retard. Kill yourself
>>
>>64117826
No one cares about you.
>>
File: 0451057467092.jpg (338 KB, 1902x787) Image search: [Google]
0451057467092.jpg
338 KB, 1902x787
>>64114635
>that fanfic to make the movie seem less shit
>>
Lightsabers are now like magic wands from harry potter.

They choose their holder because THE FORCE

They're not just a device.
>>
>>64114752
But dark side users become stronger from pain and the closer they're dying.
>>
>>64114561
Competing against Mary Sue, probably already more powerful than Luke stronk woman Rey
>>
>>64118324
where in the originaltrilogy does it say that? because this is a sequel to those that has nothing to do with the prequels or EU
>>
>>64114561
Rey and Kylo are pulling it in the same direction, Kylo isn't expecting that so it just flies past him.

It's not like the saber was between them and it went to Rey.
>>
>>64114598
John Boyooga
>>
>>64117068
cutey-pi?
>>
>>64117574

What if Finn starts to have an affinity with the Force after wielding Luke's saber?
>>
>>64118513
Weird, I was going to say 'qt3.14!'
>>
>>64118092
It's from the novelization, but it's also patently clear the experience was traumatic for him I'm sorry you have trouble understanding a children's movie
>>
File: bro.gif (2 MB, 510x316) Image search: [Google]
bro.gif
2 MB, 510x316
>>64118741
>>
>>64115850
>Has no prior knowledge/training of the force or how it even works

>Durr let's try and order this storm trooper to unshackle me!

You'd have to be a complete fucking retard to believe this wasn't an asspull. No one in their right mind would try this unless they at least knew about Jedi mind tricks (which Rey never even knew about).
>>
>>64119159
She did know about it before getting mindwiped, it's obviously that mindwipe was losing its effect since her encounter with Kylo Ren jogged her memories
>>
Because apparently, the main female has more power over the force than the villan.
I don't know how that logic works, it just does.
>>
>>64117068
Cuz rey is a >asshole
>>
>>64119224
No where was it mentioned in the movie that Rey had ever known in detail of the force or that her memory was wiped. Having a flashback of repressed memories does not necessarily mean her memory was wiped.
>>
>>64114586
I hate those Marys so dammed much.

Psst. She's Luke's cloned mom?
>>
>>64117743
Why did you just greentext your current life?
>>
>>64117743
Kek
>>
>>64119472
>I know you are, b-but what am I?
Fucking sweet comeback, bro.
>>
>>64114561
The way I see it he was really unfocused because what had just happened with his father it seemed like it was hard for him emotionally and if you remember the darkside of the force is fueled by anger and hatred not compassion. That's what I tell myself to make it seem not stupid
>>
>>64118741
>qt3.14

holy fuck I finally understand that
>>
>>64114598
>>64117743
destroyed more severely than his mom's asshole on an average saturday night
>>
>>64114561
>everyone saying Rey's force was stronger

It's literally called THE FORCE AWAKENS

The force is sentient, IT CHOSE TO GIVE THE LIGHTSABER TO HER
>>
>>64114561
while i'm not supporting the terrible writing of the movie AT ALL, kylo was probably the one coherently written character of that shit fest, so let me explain

it's shown throughout the movie that kylo is about as sith-like as luke skywalker is; that is, whenever kylo is angry or unfocused, he loses tremendous amounts of power. he's very easily emotionally compromised. towards the end of the movie, he had just killed his poppa, and that probably sent him into a deeply conflicted emotional state, and so a lot of his strength in the force was just gone

rey still shouldn't have won though, she's just a mary sue
>>
>>64118092
>uses a sword for basically the first time
She already knew how to fight from always dealing with shitheads on Jakku.

>Yoda was barely capable of
he was much more capable than that in the prequels. In the OT
A. we never saw him in any sort of dangerous situation
B. he lifted a fucking X-wing which Kylo Ren couldn't do in any capacity.
C. he was fucking dying.
>>
>>64119631
>>64119865
>>64119472
>>64117743
>>64114598
Easiest samefag of my life
>>
>>64114746
So why didn't it protest when Anakin slaughtered younglings with it?
>>
>>64119159
but she did know about jedi mind tricks
>>
because Rey is the most ridiculously over powered character of all time.
>>
>>64119159
>rey's heard legends of luke skywalker
>rey just had a guy trying to break into her mind
>rey sees into kylo's mind
it was fine
>>
The answer is very simple: Pottery

Kylo not deserve the legacy of his family so the saber chose rey insted
>>
>Kylo wants the saber
>pulls it to him
>Rey reaches for it at the same time
>the saber was calling to Rey earlier in the fucking movie, wanted her to take it, made her trip balls
>it goes to her instead of kylo

it's the force recognizing Rey and Kylo had no fucking idea that Rey was suddenly going to use the force to grab it too, so he was unprepared
>>
Tell me about Kylo Ren. Why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>64117825
So why was he hitting himself then?
>>
>>64120558
Coolness obviously
>>
File: 1451056887048.jpg (91 KB, 500x392) Image search: [Google]
1451056887048.jpg
91 KB, 500x392
Rey is stronger than him.

Simple.

Call her a mary sue, whatever the fuck you want. If this was George Lucas, she would have at least 21k space samurai cells in her body. Mora than Vader.

But no shit, the movie implied that force sensitives are just naturally stronger than the ones born 30 years ago. The fact that he can stop a blaster don't mean jackshit.
>>
>>64114752
Rey has more of a clear mind than Kylo and young Luke Skywalker, who were jumbles of emotions and immature, whining brats

Why does no one understand this shit? Are you really complaining because Rey hasn't been given enough XP? She hasn't been told "Size matters not"?
>>
>>64120657
Dark Side is all about pain and suffering. He was becoming more powerful by causing pain. Dark Side is emo as fuck, to be quite honest family.
>>
>>64120677
A lot of loyalty for an overhyped cuck.
>>
>>64120677

If I pulled that off, would he cry?
>>
>>64120711
Actually if this was George Lucas she'd be a 14 year old kid. Lucas wanted a cast of all children.
>>
>>64120372
Or it's because Rey was behind Kylo, and they weren't playing tug of war over it.

Because she was pulling in the same direction it just came in too hot and Kylo had to move his big face out of the way.
>>
>>64120785
It would be extremely pathetic.
>>
>>64114561
>I was only nine years old
>I loved Darth Vader so much, I owned all the helmets and black capes
>I pray to Vader every night, thanking him for the Midichlorians I have been given
>"Vader is love", I say, "Vader is life"
>My dad hears me and calls me a nerf herder
>He is obviously jealous of my devotion to Vader
>I called him a TRAITOR
>He shoots me in the chest and sends me to my room
>I am crying now, because my chest hurts
>I go into my bed and it is very cold
>I hear a mechanical breathing moving towards me
>I sense a presence
>It's Vader
>I am so happy
>He whispers into my ear, "I am your grandfather"
>He grabs me with the force and lifts me in the air
>I'm ready
>I gasp for air for Vader
>He chokes my throat
>It hurts so much, but I do it for Vader
>I can feel my lungs tearing as my eyes start to water
>I push against the Force
>I want to please Vader
>He turns on his lightsaber as he asks me about the plans to the Death Star
>My dad walks in
>Vader looks him deep in the eyes and says, "I don't like sand"
>Vader flies away on his TIE fighter
Vader is love, Vader is life
>>
Because he was flustered and couldnt properly use the force which is why he also lost

HOW DOES NOBODY GET THIS
>>
>>64120106
well, because, um, uhh... STRONK
>>
>>64114752
Seems to me that Luke is acting through her. Kind of how she knows how to work every computer she comes across.
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.