[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't they just kidnap the stupid malleable children
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3
File: EP3_ILM_399.jpg (41 KB, 600x256) Image search: [Google]
EP3_ILM_399.jpg
41 KB, 600x256
Why didn't they just kidnap the stupid malleable children and turn them into siths?
>>
Rule of two buddy
>>
>>64113926

ALWAYS TWO THERE ARE
>>
They would be just as dangerous to siduous and Vader as Sith as they would be as Jedi
>>
>>64113951
Stupidest rule ever. You don't rule a galaxy with just two sith unless there's less than 2 Jedi left.
>>
Darth BANE rule of two.
>>
>>64113926
Turn them into Dark Jedi you mean.

You can only have two Sith, but a bunch of Dark Jedi minions are fine apparently. It's not really surprising the villains would try to look for loopholes.
>>
is the rule of two even canon anymore
>>
>>64113951
how did he even knew this by the start? he JUST turn into the dark side, it was impossible for him to know the rules yet.
>>
>>64114048
Sheev didn't actually follow the rule properly anyway. He had a bunch of half trained almost Sith running around.
>>
The whole "Rule of two" argument is pretty stupid.
They could train and indoctrinate them to a point, like Kylo Ren, but don't make them Siths fully.
Darth Bane made a shitty rule with such an easy loophole to exploit.
>>
>>64114255

He didn't need to know shit, he was literally told by Peeved Sheev to kill every Jedi in the temple
>>
>>64114255
He killed them because Sidious ordered him to.
>>
>>64114265

Inquisitors aren't Sith, they don't know shit besides how to fight with a lightsaber and minor Force bullshit.
>>
>>64114284
>>64114280
fair enough.
>>
>>64114295
Like I said, half trained. They're still using the darkside.
>>
>>64113926
The better question is why is the galaxy's most powerful sithlord being sent to kill little children? Aren't there more threatening Jedi in the temple that he should be taking care of instead? Send some clones to slaughter children or something. Even Hitler understood this.
>>
>>64114278
He made the rule because the Sith themselves are shit. Going by dead-canon here, but they were only ever good at being Sith when "Sith" was their species as well as their order. Humanity finding the Sith fucked both of them up for good. Various Sith empires always collapse because of stupid power-grubbing klingon promotion bullshit. All of their best talent is constantly trying to figure out how to betray and murder each other for stupid promotions. The only way they can cooperate is by dominating each other and that usually has lethal and self-destructive consequences.

When there is a Sith-run organization with only two members who are actual Sith then the backstabbing rate drops monumentally. It might be Sith doctrine that you can take your boss' place when you kill him but doing that in the Empire would just get you court martialed, assuming you weren't executed on the spot.
>>
>>64114197
Yes, Bane is still canon.

Which makes Revan semi-canon I guess?
>>
because it's a fucking soap opera and Lucas wanted to milk extra tears.
>>
>>64114413
It's implied that there were still a bunch of actual Jedi in the temple that Anakin killed before he reached the younglings.
>>
>>64114280
The absolute madman
>>
>>64114048
One to embody power
One to crave it

To be a Sith is to crave power

This prevents Sith victories from falling apart due to infighting
>>
>>64114510
Anakin cutting his way through fucktons of Jedi like they were nothing would have been way better than the shitty attempt at shock value.
>>
File: 104472828411741829947.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
104472828411741829947.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
>>64113926
>>
how many jedi were at the temple during the order 66? didn't the temple had jedi defences or something? how could they lose, i mean anakin is 1 against thousand of jedi and 1 jedi alone could take like a 1000 clones.
>>
>>64114474
>Revan semi-canon I guess?
All novels are full canon.
>>
>>64114474

>Bane is still canon.

Is there anything this man can't do?
>>
>>64114585

>He actually did it the absolute madman
>>
>>64114595
>1 jedi alone could take like a 1000 clones.
Nah, they aren't the shitty later stormtroopers. A bunch of them together can overwhelm a Jedi.
>>
>>64114595

most of them were at war my dude
>>
>>64114595

>1 jedi alone could take like a 1000 clones.

are you retarded?
>>
>>64114616
The novels post Disney buyout are.
>>
>>64114565
>Rule to prevent infighting
>By encouraging infighting
>>
>>64113926

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES
>>
>>64114680
CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIIN
>>
>>64114670
Just one
>>
>>64114654
No, EVERYTHING after Disney acquired the franchise is canon but every single novel, comic book, TV show, the movies (obviously) and a relatively huge list of games are all canon too.

People always misinterpret what Disney said about EU. They didn't say EU wasn't canon, they said they would actively avoid former EU to have as much involvement as possible with the upcoming projects.
Disney DIDN'T discard like 30 years of Star Wars.
>>
>>64114796

but that's wrong
>>
>>64113926
There can only be two, a Master and an Apprentice. Darth Bane made this evident because there were far more deaths and needless infighting with the Rule of Strong than his own Rule of Two.
>>
>>64113951
how…convenient…or inconvenient, i don't know.
>>
>>64114670
With the Rule of Strong, only one Sith remained, the strongest, the rest were nothing more than Dark Jedi.

With the Rule of Two, that strongest Sith takes on an apprentice, that Apprentice typically kills their Master, and takes on a new Apprentice. Each one becoming more powerful than the last. Rule of Strong just has the Master kill anybody that could even threaten him before they get the power to overcome him, leading to stagnation of the strength of the Dark Side.
>>
The rule of two was invented as a plot device because if there were as many sith as there are jedi, the jedi would get their shit slapped so fucking fast it would make everyone's head spin and a very short story.
>>
>41 replies
>nobody has posted the webm of the youngling slaughter in that game

By the way do you guys think any of the kids managed to last longer than 1 second each?
>>
>>64113951
>What are inquisitors?

>>64113952
Except for inquisitors, who are Force users, lighsaber wielders, holocron scholars, etc of the dark side but totally not sith.
>>
>>64115068
Probably, I'd imagine a couple probably managed to try and gang up on Vader. Unsuccessfully obviously, but yeah, I'd say some might have lasted longer than a second, especially those Vader had to cut down a second time because they lived the first one.

The real question is, how many arms did Vader cut off during Order 66?
>>
Rey is Darth Vader clone?
>>
>>64114680

THIS IS MY LAST RESORT.
>>
>>64115100
The only canon use of Inquisitors is Sidious and Vader, both of which do not follow the Rule of Two at all. Considering that Sidious likely had both Dooku and Maul as his apprentices, considering the timeline of the Clones creation.

Even then, Sidious and Vader aren't the ones teaching them ancient Sith lore with holocrons and any amount of major dark side techniques. They're basically Dark Jedi with some Sith knowledge and nothing more.

Dooku said it best in TCW, just because you use the dark side, have some knowledge, and use a Red Lightsaber doesn't make you a Sith.
>>
File: 2 of the 3 inquisitors.jpg (26 KB, 616x377) Image search: [Google]
2 of the 3 inquisitors.jpg
26 KB, 616x377
>>64115198
>The only canon use of Inquisitors is Sidious and Vader
Sup
>>
Because anakin wanted to be sheev's one and o ly boipussy
>>
>>64115198
Still, they could have turned the kids into inquisitors.
>>
Why can you only have two sith?
Does that rule apply to the new films?
>>
>>64115243
They're still within Sidious and Vader's field of vision, even then, that means most of them are being trained by essentially a Dark Jedi are even less Sith than previously stated.

Even still, if we're to assume they are legit Sith, just not of the Darth moniker, then it doesn't take away from anything. Like I said, Sidious didn't really follow it anyways, and if we're to assume Snoke actually is Plagueis he too doesn't really follow it either.
>>
>>64115265
They could have, but I guess in Sidious and Vader's minds, they already had enough Jedi indoctrination and needed to be killed.
>>64115284
As of right now it's applying to the sequels, considering they keep making a point not to call Kylo a Sith. So one would assume that the Knights of Ren aren't Sith either, even though they might as well all be.
>>
>>64115373
But they won't call them sith since they don't exist anymore right?
>>
>>64114796
Haha, holy shit, that EUfag denial
>>
>>64115411
I guess so, or they're pulling that fine line between Dark Jedi and Sith angle, both work either way. I personally never understood why they needed to separate the two honestly, since they're almost identical anyways, outside of Sith lore knowledge or having a Darth title.
>>
>>64114413
You literally see Anakin cutting down Jedi when Obi-Wan watches back the security hologram
>>
>>64114994
How the fuck do they get stronger by killing their master? That's the dumbest shit ever you retard, the master is obviously gonna hold back on some stuff so he has the upper hand
>>
>>64115703
But if the apprentice manages to kill the master regardless then does that not mean that the apprentice has indeed surpassed the master?
>>
>>64115755
No nigga they're not gonna be fucking having a duel to the death in some Darwinian survival of the fittest shit. The apprentice is just gonna shiv his master in the back or when he's sleeping or some shit like that
>>
>>64115703
Because in the eyes of the Sith overcoming the Master, the one who taught you is showing strength and cunning. It means you bested them and actually managed to kill them.

Such as Sidious and Plagueis. Sidious was so underhanded he managed that he didn't even need to use the Force or a Lightsaber to kill his master. He was truly deceptive.Just the same as in Sidious and Vader's case, Sidious was so blinded by power he didn't possible thing to conceive that after all that time and how lost Vader was that he'd end up tossing his ass into the Death Star reactor and even then Sidious couldn't do anything to actually stop Vader.

Being able to kill your Master shows that you are better than them, no matter how you do it. If the Master was truly the better of the two, they wouldn't die now would they?
>>
>>64115833
Then the Master was weak and didn't see the deception coming, even though they're Sith, it's what they do.
>>
>>64115917
Nice description.
>>
Because sith is about strong, not simple minded and malleable.
>>
>>64114796
all of the good Star Wars video games are not canon anymore.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.