[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you miss films not having to have forced diversity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
Do you miss films not having to have forced diversity?
>>
File: 1420543644088.png (26 KB, 396x400) Image search: [Google]
1420543644088.png
26 KB, 396x400
>>64112972
I can't be the only one felt bad about that retarded guy, right?
>>
>>64113501
No, He was selfish and a traitor
>>
Not really, I'm pretty happy that certain characters are being fleshed out which would otherwise be written as just objects. There were so many silly cardboard women who were just there to moan about men, or black people acting like violent cannibals, etc. One day you'll look at those like we look at those phony as fuck westerns where everyone is clean shaved and the tropes are obvious as fuck.
>>
>>64113622
Are you implying that white people and black people and asian people are different?

What does it matter who we focus on?
>>
>>64113622
hello reddit
>>
>>64113793
>Are you implying that white people and black people and asian people are different?
No, I wasn't. Where did you get that? But anyway, they are different, no? I really don't get what you mean.

>What does it matter who we focus on?
It doesn't matter who you focus on, but how much you focus on that one guy. It's very easy to write a hero and have everyone around this hero be acessories to his struggle, but it's much more interesting to understand everyone has desires and fears and opinions. It's the difference between having a pure evil villain who wants to destroy the world because he is just evil from a fleshed out character with a motivation we can understand to a certain extent and that is in conflict with another person's actions. These kinds of encounters can make a story much more rich and the same apply to, I don't know, the damsel in distress which is a very boring character. Not only that, something that takes you away from the story, because you know the people you meet in your life have interests and a particular vision of the world that it is not null.
>>
>>64112972

I miss it more on the internet. Time was you and people like you'd have been flogged for presuming to shit it up by using it.
>>
they actually SJW'd up this scene too

in the comics he threw the guy over the cliff
>>
File: Starring_Mickey_Rooney.jpg (134 KB, 1020x576) Image search: [Google]
Starring_Mickey_Rooney.jpg
134 KB, 1020x576
Yeah, it's horrible. I wish we could go back to white people playing everyone.

Like your pic implies, there's been a radical nosedive in standards since they let real Asians play Asian characters.
>>
>>64114051
I don't really have a problem with Asians

Or Hispanics

I'm not overly fond of Arabs but eh

I AM SO FUCKING TIRED OF BLACK PEOPLE

US and UK media is inundated in blacks, every show, every movie has multiple black leads, everything a black says or does is treated as significant and meaningful even though most of them are violent illiterates

Holy fuck black people please go away
>>
>>64114127
The worst part is Pakis outnumber them in Britain and Mexicans outnumber them in America but dem showz gots to have dem negroes
>>
>>64114127
I think it's all right if you don't like black people, but don't frame it as a lowering of quality just because you see a black person in the lead—because it's usually no difference in quality, or the movie is so shit it doesn't matter what the acting quality is like (Spiderman, Star Wars, etc...)
>>
>>64114127
I wish I could screencap that and send it to your mom
>>
>>64114214
Not all people think like you.
>>
>>64114273
Not all people think like you.
>>
>>64114290
I am aware, and dont expect people to fit into narrow minded roles about what should and shouldnt be.

Just because a person is racist doesnt mean they cant be a good person.

That being said, in general I dont give a shit if the lead is black or white.

What does bother me though, as an aside, is changing the race of already established characters.

My own mother is a filthy irish drunk, and who would beat my dad (diasbled and in a wheelchair since I was 8).

She would not give a fuck if I was >>64114127
that anon.
>>
>>64113983

He thinks equality and diversity are contradictions, which they're not. Basically, he's a racist that wants to believe everyone is and that he shouldn't be penalised for "recognising the truth".
>>
racedoesntexistbutweneeddiversity.jpg
>>
>>64113501
He'd be a weak link in the chain
>>
>>64114214
Lol my moms Vietnamese and makes fun of nignogs all the time
>>
Why is diversity quotas ALWAYS about niggers?

The Mexican/Hispanic population in the US is higher, I'd rather see more of them than niggy wiggys
>>
Why does /pollit/ have to come here and shit up our board because their fee-fees got hurt?
>>
>>64114850
Don't you know, anon.
Black=diversity
Asians and Hispanics literally do not exist in hollywood. Something as overtly simple as increasing the "representation" of blacks in movies is the true cure to the issue of lack of diversification in hollywood!
>>
>>64113501
I felt bad for him, but obviously they had to turn him away.
>>
File: 1371056885526.jpg (68 KB, 500x524) Image search: [Google]
1371056885526.jpg
68 KB, 500x524
>>64112972
Should've just put him on the front line and had him suicide into the enemy.

No need to even be part of the phalanx. Seemed like he'd have been more than happy to die.
>>
>>64112972

considering how quickly they broke the phalanx formation they might as well have let him join
>>
File: Victor_hugo_gavroche_a_11_ans.jpg (47 KB, 393x550) Image search: [Google]
Victor_hugo_gavroche_a_11_ans.jpg
47 KB, 393x550
>>64115264

Best in thread.
>>
>>64114127
shacking my head too be honest family don't you know america wouldn't have any culture if it wasn't for black people

American culture is derived from African American culture

Black people actually believe this
>>
>>64114017
The guy threw himself over the cliff, trying to commit suicide. Leonids still tries to gently explain why he can't use him.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.